PDA

View Full Version : Understanding Vietnamese Life Partner

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99

jackbl
30-06-2009, 09:25 AM
Normally I will go with a buddy to cheong, share 1 jug....so each person is about $15. If just count drink alone, its about $500 per month....

Can I be your wingman? :D

did you ever calculate how much you can save if we dun cheong?
I did that calculation, I can save quite alot and can do alot of things (invest, buy stuff) with that money but in the end i still prefer to cheong :D

different people persue different things in different stage of his life.
at the moment, i think you and me prefer cheonging for different reason.

papillon30
30-06-2009, 11:17 AM
Year 2002 to Year 2005, i cheong every week in HCMC. Cheong so much and spent so much money. When i say much money, i am talking about 3k to 4K Singapore Dollars each month on alcohol. After getting married and have kids, i go slow on cheonging and alochol, i realised that i can enjoy more and realise more happiness being with my kids and wives. I have not cheong since 2006 in both Singapore and HCMC.

I went to HCMC in 2002 with only S$12K, trying my luck. Now 7 years later, my assets are worth much more than the S$12k i started with. I should thank HCMC for giving me the opportunities to build up my career and family. What i'm trying to say is that brothers should have have directions in life, HCMC is not only for cheonging, its a place where you will find more access to better career and wealth.

There are too many examples of fellow singaporeans in HCMC who hope to find true friends in cheonging but are totally disappointed. These friends only appear when there are drinks to share and disappear when you need assistance. Singaporeans in HCMC telling others how successful they are in their career there, but only turn out to be a pack of lies. `I have a few hundred million USD to buy properties in Vietnam' but turn out to be they are working for property firms , and only earning barely enuff to let them cheong a few nights a month. `I am paid highly to work in HCMC' but turn out to be only a few thousand singapore dollars a month . I have seen too many and heard too many. Eveytime when i am at the business class lounge, i don't see any of these `big earners'.... shame shame.

There's more about Vietnam than just the bars, massage , girls and sex. it takes time to discover. You need to know the right local people... and know the right ways to make them work for you.

Cheers to all brothers who have much interest in Vietnam :D

Wow! Impressive! Did you make your money in the education biz? E.g.
student placements:D

SingViet
30-06-2009, 11:21 AM
Wow! Impressive! Did you make your money in the education biz? E.g.
student placements:D

Bro, student placements cannot earn you much la. properties and shares investments are the key players :D

SingViet
30-06-2009, 11:22 AM
Wow..... u are damn rich :D:D:D

I do not consider myself rich. I am only middle class. ;)

papillon30
30-06-2009, 11:28 AM
Bro, student placements cannot earn you much la. properties and shares investments are the key players :D

Now equity and property markets roaring again. Money is rolling in again.:D

KangTuo
30-06-2009, 12:12 PM
Normally I will go with a buddy to cheong, share 1 jug....so each person is about $15. If just count drink alone, its about $500 per month....

Can I be your wingman?

You are rich to spend $500 on drinks alone. :D
I don't drink more than you, so I spend lesser on drinks. How can you be my wingman? I think it should be the other way round :p

Bro, student placements cannot earn you much la. properties and shares investments are the key players

everything got a starting point. properties and shares are key player but some do not have that big amount to jump straight to properties.

student placements don't earn much for you, but it means alot for others when they are looking for their 1st million or 500K.

I do not consider myself rich. I am only middle class.

everything is relative.
you consider yourself middle class because you compare yourself with someone higher status or got more $ than you
you will see yourself as rich if you compare to salaried workers like us.
:(

KangTuo
30-06-2009, 12:38 PM
While in HCMC, my galfriend tells me a sad story about her cousin, cousin's wife, consin's girlfriend and HIV

Her cousin is married and everyday he will gamble on buying numbers. He don't go to work but put out hands to get money from his wife. His wife works in massage palour to earn money to feed him. As his addiction to gambling go out of control and need more money, his wife got to sleep with other men to earn enough for him to gamble. As a consequence, she caught HIV and also pass it on to him. HIs wife pass away 3 years ago.

Now my girlfriend cousin is in critical condition and will not live any longer than 10 days. His girlfriend, who knows him not for very long but already got his offspring in her womb for 4 months. She still do not know what sickness he is having only till yesterday when my girlfriend tells her. According to my girlfriend, this unborn baby still can be safe from being infected from HIV since it is only 4months. So she brought the gal to the hosipital to have some injection (got to go monthly till the baby is born). 1st payment of $40 is enough for such injection. The girl also went through counceling by the doctor.

I told my girlfriend that if I am in such case, I will just abort the child instead of bring him/her to the world to suffer. But my girlfriend told me otherwise. She say that it is a life inside the body and her cousin also wish to have a child even he dies. Her cousin family also want to have the child so that they can also remember her cousin. My girlfriend even tell the girlfriend of her cousin to look for her if she needs help.

this is the difference in thinking from me and my girlfriend.
Why she think this way?

If bro here are in this situation, what will you do?
If any bros wife is in my girlfriend situation, what will they do?

SingViet
30-06-2009, 12:41 PM
everything is relative.
you consider yourself middle class because you compare yourself with someone higher status or got more $ than you
you will see yourself as rich if you compare to salaried workers like us.
:(

Main thing is not about how much money one has, but what one has done to make him feel fulfilled. You may be salaried but if you are happy with what you are now, then you feel fulfilled and satisfied. Happiness is what most people lacked and what most people look for :D

SingViet
30-06-2009, 12:48 PM
this is the difference in thinking from me and my girlfriend.
Why she think this way?

If bro here are in this situation, what will you do?
If any bros wife is in my girlfriend situation, what will they do?

Even after marrying my wife for 6 years roi, there are still differences in thinking between my wife and i. The way they are brought up is very much different from us. I often find my wife's thinking very KAMPONG. But i have learnt to accept and adapt and explain to her. This makes everybody happy. Even though my wife carries a PINK ID, i still don't find her singaporean in a way or two.. hahha

Most normal singaporean man will think that its better for your cousin's woman to abort the child than to let her suffer in the future. But in VN , they have a very much different idea. No money can find foreigners to chop and feed the child.. hahahha. next being if they are catholic, abortion is out of the question.

2 different countries, 2 different cultures will lead to differences. But true love and endurance will conquer these differences. :D

Hurricane88
30-06-2009, 01:13 PM
According to my girlfriend, this unborn baby still can be safe from being infected from HIV since it is only 4months. So she brought the gal to the hosipital to have some injection (got to go monthly till the baby is born). 1st payment of $40 is enough for such injection. The girl also went through counceling by the doctor.

Never heard of such treatment...think chances the baby will be HIV positive when born and will be carrier...dun know when the disease will hit and how long this baby will survive...:confused:

Hurricane88
30-06-2009, 01:15 PM
2 different countries, 2 different cultures will lead to differences. But true love and endurance will conquer these differences. :D

Fully agreed...no matter how many years...still need to compromise and adapt...hahaha...:)

SingViet
01-07-2009, 05:40 PM
Sad stories are plentiful in Vietnam, especially when there's foreigners around. I have learnt to take it lightly. Most of the time, its not as seriously as they think it is as they lack general knowledge and don't know a lot of things. There was once, my wife's sister told us that her husband got VIRUS B, and she's damm worried. Say this say that.. say like going to die soon.. knnb... turn out to be Hepatitis B and can be controlled by medication. Then next, say got heart problem, say going to die again. But this sister's husband is rich, so i asked him to come Singapore Heart Center for check up. Came, did all the test, nothing is wrong. Turned out to be he invested a lot in HCM Equity market and the market was going thru difficult times and he lost a lot, so caused anxiety and sleeplessness. KNN, they really need to go to school..or maybe the government needs to upgrade the quality of teachers in the country :D But no choice, teachers are poorly paid in Vietnam and most people look down on teachers as teachers are poor.....

Hurricane88
01-07-2009, 06:43 PM
Sad stories are plentiful in Vietnam, especially when there's foreigners around. I have learnt to take it lightly. Most of the time, its not as seriously as they think it is as they lack general knowledge and don't know a lot of things. There was once, my wife's sister told us that her husband got VIRUS B, and she's damm worried. Say this say that.. say like going to die soon.. knnb... turn out to be Hepatitis B and can be controlled by medication. Then next, say got heart problem, say going to die again. But this sister's husband is rich, so i asked him to come Singapore Heart Center for check up. Came, did all the test, nothing is wrong. Turned out to be he invested a lot in HCM Equity market and the market was going thru difficult times and he lost a lot, so caused anxiety and sleeplessness. KNN, they really need to go to school..or maybe the government needs to upgrade the quality of teachers in the country :D But no choice, teachers are poorly paid in Vietnam and most people look down on teachers as teachers are poor.....

Hahaha...well said and i also take it lightly when i hear any new stories...always check and cross checks their stories before any decision taken...:)

aczeta76
03-07-2009, 10:03 AM

Now equity and property markets roaring again. Money is rolling in again.:D

Very true indeed.. now is the time to focus to dbl or quad your funds..

Not to be missed cycle.:p

SingViet
03-07-2009, 04:18 PM
Different brothers offer different views about vietnamese spouses. I realised that brothers who have stayed in VN for a period of time differ in views from those who don't. Most brothers got to know yr vietnamese spouses in Singapore and have not spent a period of time of more than a year continuously in Vietnam, thus hold different views from those who have.

No matter what, different bros offer different views. Its good to have different views and these views made these threads interesting ;)

okinzuka
05-07-2009, 11:32 AM
Hi I am new to this forum. I just want to share something about my so called future "wife". We are getting married this coming August. I know her in the local scene when she was a WL. Then I maybe too foolish after so long in the scene that there is love. I fall in love with her. When she went back to vietnam. I went there to look for her and take care of her. I proposed to her after 2 months of knowing her. She agreed and I am so happy. She had all along want to continue working as a WL and I am strongly against even to the extend of upping her allowance to more than 1k. 1 month away from the wedding, she secretly came to Singapore and work. She even asked another lady to lie to me by asking the lady to pass her allowance to her on the pretext of passing the money in vietnam. The incident happened on Friday and suddenly her handphone is off and she become uncontactable. I had spent 1 day looking for her. In vietnam, I am wondering if they value wedding. I am very sad. I am thinking if she is cheating me or just want to work one last time before marriage. I really need help... I want to clarify the matter with her but I don't know where is working...

KangTuo
05-07-2009, 02:47 PM
Hi I am new to this forum. I just want to share something about my so called future "wife". We are getting married this coming August. I know her in the local scene when she was a WL. Then I maybe too foolish after so long in the scene that there is love. I fall in love with her. When she went back to vietnam. I went there to look for her and take care of her. I proposed to her after 2 months of knowing her. She agreed and I am so happy. She had all along want to continue working as a WL and I am strongly against even to the extend of upping her allowance to more than 1k. 1 month away from the wedding, she secretly came to Singapore and work. She even asked another lady to lie to me by asking the lady to pass her allowance to her on the pretext of passing the money in vietnam. The incident happened on Friday and suddenly her handphone is off and she become uncontactable. I had spent 1 day looking for her. In vietnam, I am wondering if they value wedding. I am very sad. I am thinking if she is cheating me or just want to work one last time before marriage. I really need help... I want to clarify the matter with her but I don't know where is working...

what you know about her in 2 months? 2 months and you talk about marrying vn gal. She is treating you as another ATM.
you trust her so much previously that you give her so much allowance, now you wanna look for her to do what?
its time to let go these kind of girl.... save your time and $

Few months back I also got to know a vn gal in HCMC. She is the best that I had so far, so I also fall for her. When she went back to HCMC, I got every intention to "bao" her and stop her from working in Sillypore.

But due to some complicated issue in her family and they require some amount to pay their debts. I cannot possibly be their ATM. So I drop the idea. You never know what they do with the $ and you never know how many ATMs they have.

naemlo
05-07-2009, 02:55 PM
I proposed to her after 2 months of knowing her.

Excel in academic and living foolish in the real world has became common in SG society. Stupidity is getting worse with world class education. :rolleyes:

jackbl
05-07-2009, 03:12 PM
Wow bro u so rich, still can BAO a gal, with another commitment already :D

Few months back I also got to know a vn gal in HCMC. She is the best that I had so far, so I also fall for her. When she went back to HCMC, I got every intention to "bao" her and stop her from working in Sillypore.

SingViet
05-07-2009, 04:05 PM
hahhahh, another singaporean man that's cheated by Vietnamese WL. Not to be sacastic, but i do find a lot of singaporean brothers too naive, believing in whatever their Vietnamese gf tell them. ;) Its still not too late to regret now, forget about her and move on. There are plentiful of good gals in Vietnam for you to choose from :D

KangTuo
05-07-2009, 04:27 PM
Wow bro u so rich, still can BAO a gal, with another commitment already :D

only thinking lah. In the end, i also give up the idea.
If she can come back, it is also good lah...
making plans... :D

GLHunter
05-07-2009, 08:24 PM
There are many vietnam matchmaking agencis in s'pore.
i am wondering.. is it technically possible to get a vietamese bride diy without going thro. them? meaning we buy our own tix & fly there & hunt for our love ourself.

hopefully after some courtship then tie down. what you bros think?

jackbl
05-07-2009, 11:55 PM
Is she that ECHO gal? She seems too young for u la.... Move on :D

only thinking lah. In the end, i also give up the idea.
If she can come back, it is also good lah...
making plans... :D

KangTuo
06-07-2009, 12:15 AM
Is she that ECHO gal? She seems too young for u la.... Move on :D

for you to guess and for me to know who is this gal :D
anyway i dun look old mah... always 26yo. :p
syt is just right for me

okinzuka
06-07-2009, 02:53 AM
Anyway this is her picture. Runaway bride... I can't stand it and she is a mother of one.

http://img36.imageshack.us/img36/2117/dsc00425f.jpg

SingViet
06-07-2009, 05:27 AM
Anyway this is her picture. Runaway bride... I can't stand it and she is a mother of one.

Aiyoh, mother of one and you still want to marry her? :confused:

sammyboyfor
06-07-2009, 08:02 AM

An ugly woman with a kid.... I can't think of anything worse!:rolleyes: You must really be out of your mind.

Hurricane88
06-07-2009, 01:17 PM

This is a typical story which we heard countless of times...i am not here to bash you or rub salt in your wounds...you should have read up this thread and you will not be in this state...too late and my suggestion is to forgive and forget...because what can you do to her if you found her...anyway only 2 months and not 2 years...i can sympathise with you...understand how hurt, angry and embarrassed you are in this state...my advice is to take it lightly and blessed that you had lost some money and gained some experience...oso gained alot of frens here in this thread...we can feel sorry for you but what good will that be...you play the field and you must be prepare to win or lose...:)

just my 2 dongs worth...:)

Hurricane88
06-07-2009, 01:20 PM
i am wondering.. is it technically possible to get a vietamese bride diy without going thro. them? meaning we buy our own tix & fly there & hunt for our love ourself.

yes...here in this thread, there are many discussions on this method...in fact it is encouraged because there are really too many choices when you are there...take your time to go there relax, enjoy and hunt...dun expect to be successful with only one trip...:)

naemlo
06-07-2009, 01:25 PM
e are many vietnam matchmaking agencis in s'pore.

It is possible to find a bride in Vietnam. But it takes a lot of time n effort. Matchmaking in SG is earlier. You go to the shop, pick a ger, make payment, do some paper work, pick a date n get marry. :D

casannova03
06-07-2009, 01:41 PM
Excel in academic and living foolish in the real world has became common in SG society. Stupidity is getting worse with world class education. :rolleyes:

No la. Intelligence is on the rise!

Its just that with the time spent in attaining intelligence, there is a lack of time in pursuing "Street-smartness" or EQ.

That's wht's happening....and usually, people in less well to do countries have a hell lot of EQ.:D:D

okinzuka
06-07-2009, 02:24 PM
true true I totally agree with tat. Poorer people are more street smart and know how to protect themselves. I think we singaporeans are not that smart afterall... Haha I am laughing at myself.

papillon30
06-07-2009, 04:17 PM
The Electric New Paper, Singapore - The Electric New Paper News (http://tnp.sg/news/story/0,4136,207006,00.html)

Anyone interested? NTU FT Associate Professor also
went to matchmaking agency.

Sha_Gua75
06-07-2009, 04:17 PM

An ugly woman with a kid.... I can't think of anything worse!:rolleyes: You must really be out of your mind.

LOL wakaka :D

chanyboy
06-07-2009, 08:44 PM
hahhahh, another singaporean man that's cheated by Vietnamese WL. Not to be sacastic, but i do find a lot of singaporean brothers too naive, believing in whatever their Vietnamese gf tell them. ;) Its still not too late to regret now, forget about her and move on. There are plentiful of good gals in Vietnam for you to choose from :D

haiz...many locals need love, genuine pure & happy love...ain't getting any.. Dun the silly garmen knows? Instead, it goes to ban, to stop & to restrict..but continue to ask the men - work hard, work hard; have more kids, have more kids... it tots the local is superman..but look at the outcomes...many being cheated one way or another...like the Suzhou proj even biggy gets it...

KangTuo
06-07-2009, 11:54 PM
haiz...many locals need love, genuine pure & happy love...ain't getting any.. Dun the silly garmen knows? Instead, it goes to ban, to stop & to restrict..but continue to ask the men - work hard, work hard; have more kids, have more kids... it tots the local is superman..but look at the outcomes...many being cheated one way or another...like the Suzhou proj even biggy gets it...

eehhh... you have not been drinking lately right?

what garment got to do with love?
what ban and stop huh?

i am getting blur blur from your post

:p:D

jackbl
07-07-2009, 12:26 AM
U are too bias against them liao :D The pic is taken when she didnt makeup. After makeup, she looks beautiful. I have seen it for myself.... I give her 7-8pt.. BTW she is not related to me so I gain nothing to praise her.

SingViet
07-07-2009, 06:07 AM

Finally you appeared :D What have u been busy with? Yr wifey give birth huh?

KangTuo
07-07-2009, 10:21 AM

Finally you appeared :D What have u been busy with? Yr wifey give birth huh?

see his post in SBF
I think he is still busy playing games :)

GLHunter
07-07-2009, 09:21 PM
It is possible to find a bride in Vietnam. But it takes a lot of time n effort. Matchmaking in SG is earlier. You go to the shop, pick a ger, make payment, do some paper work, pick a date n get marry. :D

I think getting one from a shop doesn't make much sense. why confine our choice to that little bit of choices when we have the whole country to choose from. its meant to last a lasttime. so i will travel there if vietnam option is firmed.
i went to look around at golden mile tower, those girls there are hardly attractive.. :p

KangTuo
08-07-2009, 01:57 PM
Vietnam latest news - Thanh Nien Daily (http://www.thanhniennews.com/society/?catid=3&newsid=50538)

HCMC police raid illegal bride parade for South Koreans

The women at Binh Tan District police office in Ho Chi Minh City Tuesday after they were found parading in front of five South Korean men
Police in Ho Chi Minh City Tuesday busted an illegal marriage brokerage that was parading 51 women in front of five potential South Korean husbands at a private house in Binh Tan District.
The women, aged 18 to 33 years, were taken to a nearby police station in Binh Tan District, with the five men, Korean broker Kil Young Hee, interpreter Vo Thi Truc Ha, and four Vietnamese brokers, including Vu Thi Bach Yen, owner of the house where the parade took place. Authorities have ordered the 51 women to return to their hometowns.

According to police, the Koreans contacted Vietnamese broker Nguyen Quang Mau in Tan Phu District earlier this month, asking for a meeting to select some Vietnamese wives.

Mau and his Vietnamese partners, Yen, Duong Quoc Thai and Tran Thanh Phong, then allegedly selected the women from middlemen in Binh Tan and Tan Phu districts, who had brought young prospective brides from poor farming families in the Mekong Delta.

Police said Phong, Yen and Thai all had previous convictions for illegal marriage brokering.

The brokers sell each woman for US$10,000 with only $500 of that going to their families while the rest gets divided up between the brokers, with Yen taking the largest share, the newswire VnExpress said Tuesday.

Brokering marriages for fees is illegal in Vietnam, where matchmaking can only be conducted by non-profit centers run by provincial women’s associations and charities.

The government in January announced a plan for the nation’s first matchmaking firm in HCMC to prevent the abuse of Vietnamese women by foreigners.

HCMC police in April caught a South Korean man and his sister trying to choose a Vietnamese wife from 23 women.

In March the police raided a similar parade but only after three Korean men had fled with three women they chose from 69.

Another case was busted in early February when 31 Vietnamese women were paraded before two Korean men.

Several studies have revealed that the number of Vietnamese women marrying foreigners, mostly from East Asian countries, has surged in the past decade.

Many of those marriages, arranged through unauthorized matchmakers, result from the women’s desire to have a better life and help their destitute families in rural areas.

SingViet
08-07-2009, 07:39 PM
Matchmaking has all the while been illegal in Vietnam. It somehow so called `legalise' recently when the provisional government takes over. Got money must be earned by government... hahaha. Once in a while, the vietnamese police need to conduct some raids of some kind to prove that they are working and enforcing the law. ;)

chanyboy
08-07-2009, 09:02 PM
eehhh... you have not been drinking lately right?

what garment got to do with love?
what ban and stop huh?

i am getting blur blur from your post

:p:D

not drinking...just a little bit frustated.

chen_zhen
11-07-2009, 02:38 PM

bro, u hv been missing in action. :)

David_Villa
11-07-2009, 05:26 PM
bro, u hv been missing in action. :)

ya. he hv missing.

chen_zhen
12-07-2009, 12:25 PM
No la. Intelligence is on the rise!

Its just that with the time spent in attaining intelligence, there is a lack of time in pursuing "Street-smartness" or EQ.

That's wht's happening....and usually, people in less well to do countries have a hell lot of EQ.:D:D

well said bro. :)

SingViet
15-07-2009, 10:37 AM
Like what most brothers said, not all WL are bad. There are some good ones that are ready to settle down and have a good family. We , singapore bros, need to show maturity, endurance and responsbility when we meet with such kind of good ladies. Although there are a lot of bad apples among the viet WL, but if we open our eyes, there may be a good possibility to meet good ones. ;)

leecs
15-07-2009, 10:48 AM
I have met some viet WLs who are really very nice girls & some really fucked up ones who kept asking for $$. So gotta open the eyes real big.

Hurricane88
15-07-2009, 12:35 PM
I have met some viet WLs who are really very nice girls & some really fucked up ones who kept asking for $$. So gotta open the eyes real big.

Just that there are so many bad press about Vn gals or WL...maybe someone should start a thread or post here saying the merits or advantages of having a Vn gf, fiancee, wife...:)

Spud_Boy
15-07-2009, 02:56 PM
Like what most brothers said, not all WL are bad. There are some good ones that are ready to settle down and have a good family. We , singapore bros, need to show maturity, endurance and responsbility when we meet with such kind of good ladies. Although there are a lot of bad apples among the viet WL, but if we open our eyes, there may be a good possibility to meet good ones. ;)
yup, i gotta agree on it..

personally know of a gd fren's VN girl, who used to work at a ktv in SG.. once with him, she totally stopped working.. all her time is spent either with him or wait for him at home.. totally devoted to him..

they have been together for more than 2 yrs & she's mostly now in VN since he doesn't allow her to work.. no $$ given to her when she's in SG, when she comes occasionally.. but he pays for her lodging & food of cos.. minimal sum of about $400 before she goes back to VN for few months.. really low maintainence..

but having said that, she's the only 1 that i met before who's that gd.. the rest, well.. more bad apples than gd.. also wished my VN girl was like that..

chen_zhen
17-07-2009, 09:14 AM
the merits or advantages of having a Vn gf, fiancee, wife...:)

IMHO first of all u hv to change their mindset to give up on their family members back in vn..... after that the advantages will start to come.... :)

SingViet
17-07-2009, 10:13 AM
IMHO first of all u hv to change their mindset to give up on their family members back in vn..... after that the advantages will start to come.... :)

the thing is not about giving up, but to know that their family members in VN can survive on their own by working. If your viet spouse has this mindset, you are set for a good time roi ;)

NewandLost
17-07-2009, 12:31 PM
the thing is not about giving up, but to know that their family members in VN can survive on their own by working. If your viet spouse has this mindset, you are set for a good time roi ;)

braddah, that's intriguing. what kind of freaking family would send their sister, daughter, wife out to sell themselves and sit at home? what kind of fucking people are these? when i read this story i feel it would have been better if the US fried these "gooks" with napalm during the war.

Hurricane88
17-07-2009, 12:38 PM
braddah, that's intriguing. what kind of freaking family would send their sister, daughter, wife out to sell themselves and sit at home? what kind of fucking people are these? when i read this story i feel it would have been better if the US fried these "gooks" with napalm during the war.

This is a vn culture whereby it is the daughter who brings back the dole...the parents never asked the daughters to sell themselves but due to money pressure the daughters chose the oldest trade in the world for easy money and that's where alot of bad press on them...btw, not all went into this trade except those who went to sin to work in nite life...:)

addictedoldman
17-07-2009, 01:30 PM
To share with all bros here
KNN sms from the VCB this morning.

xin loi nhe. E muon gion mot chuc thoi chu thuong yeu gi dau.
Sorry. I just wanted to joke a little bit, thats all. "??There is no love at all??"

Tu nhieu bay gio e cam thay nho a qua anh oi. Khi nao a ruoc e qua choi nua
Now i suddenly feel that i miss you really so much. When will you welcome me to go and play(you) again?

Call her up to question her and on the other end were both of them laughing away.....
i am a real sucker!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry for all the grumblings i am freaking upset and now pisssssss.
BTW she also first time to Sin i had checked the passport and appeared loss when i bring her to hotel. first time let my guard down and shit happens arghhhhhhhhh....

jackbl
17-07-2009, 01:41 PM
Really envy your fren :)

they have been together for more than 2 yrs & she's mostly now in VN since he doesn't allow her to work.. no $$ given to her when she's in SG, when she comes occasionally.. but he pays for her lodging & food of cos.. minimal sum of about $400 before she goes back to VN for few months.. really low maintainence..

jackbl
17-07-2009, 01:45 PM
They can make new passport and declared 1st time here :D

BTW she also first time to Sin i had checked the passport and appeared loss when i bring her to hotel. first time let my guard down and shit happens arghhhhhhhhh....

leecs
17-07-2009, 02:27 PM

I have a Viet WL friend whose passport is fake with a fake birthday. :D

NewandLost
17-07-2009, 02:30 PM
This is a vn culture whereby it is the daughter who brings back the dole...the parents never asked the daughters to sell themselves but due to money pressure the daughters chose the oldest trade in the world for easy money and that's where alot of bad press on them...btw, not all went into this trade except those who went to sin to work in nite life...:)

they have braddahs and fathers who cannot work? what they do all day? play cards and watch TV? and some unlucky SG guy end up with the girl as a wife?

YouTube - Vietnam airstrikes (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cBFBZb-B3Vo)

SingViet
17-07-2009, 02:47 PM

Aiyoh, that's why ICA has the finger print identification system lor. Making passport is not difficult in Vietnam, even after declaring 3 passport lost. U got money to spend, i can do it for u... hahhaha

leecs
17-07-2009, 02:55 PM
they have braddahs and fathers who cannot work? what they do all day? play cards and watch TV? and some unlucky SG guy end up with the girl as a wife?

YouTube - Vietnam airstrikes (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cBFBZb-B3Vo)

Sit at kopitiams & see girls lo. Im wondering why their sisters, father are healthy but dont wana work. 1 word, Lazy...

terra4400
17-07-2009, 04:31 PM
what kind of fucking people are these? when i read this story i feel it would have been better if the US fried these "gooks" with napalm during the war.
Bro could you cool it on the racist rants? You want to sound like a big man in this forum but you just come across as juvenile. Have you been to Vietnam or met any Vietnam girls before? If you are too young to shave your balls then you should go somewhere else instead of flooding the Viet discussions with your antiViet and antiforeigner keyboard diarrhea.

In case you have no sense of history, the Vietnamese won the American war.

NewandLost
17-07-2009, 05:45 PM
Bro could you cool it on the racist rants? You want to sound like a big man in this forum but you just come across as juvenile. Have you been to Vietnam or met any Vietnam girls before? If you are too young to shave your balls then you should go somewhere else instead of flooding the Viet discussions with your antiViet and antiforeigner keyboard diarrhea.

In case you have no sense of history, the Vietnamese won the American war. your intent was good but the "balls" comment and other I do not appreciate.

FYI never been to 'nam. dont know any but i think the majority are nice people. i enjou Pho noodles sometimes. problem is SG man lost respect for himself not because pursue Veit girl but chasing after Viet whore, showering with money to buy love and wife. I practice what I call tough love for my braddahs. sometimes you have to explain it hard and tough for it to get into SG braddahs head prusuing the wrong kind of Viet gal.

now do you understand? enjoy your evening and weekend braddah.

SingViet
17-07-2009, 06:07 PM
As the thread starter, i will hope that arguments be kept away from my thread. This thread was started for the good intention of letting other brothers with Vietnamese spouse understand their partner's habits, cultures etc. So if any one wants to corrupt this thread, please show your limits.

No matter how other brothers met their vietnamese spouse is not much of grave concern to others, as long as these brothers are happy, we should be happy for them. Whether their viet spouses used to be whores or not, we will be happy if these viet spouses can be good wives to their husbands, good mother to their kids and good daughter-in-laws to their mother-in-laws. Most important point is they no longer work as whores after marriage.

So to each their own preference, if brothers want to be respected, show respect to others. Have a great evening . Chao :D

chen_zhen
17-07-2009, 08:27 PM
So to each their own preference, if brothers want to be respected, show respect to others. Have a great evening . Chao :D

Well said lah bro,:)

NewandLost
17-07-2009, 09:54 PM
As the thread starter, i will hope that arguments be kept away from my thread. This thread was started for the good intention of letting other brothers with Vietnamese spouse understand their partner's habits, cultures etc. So if any one wants to corrupt this thread, please show your limits.

No matter how other brothers met their vietnamese spouse is not much of grave concern to others, as long as these brothers are happy, we should be happy for them. Whether their viet spouses used to be whores or not, we will be happy if these viet spouses can be good wives to their husbands, good mother to their kids and good daughter-in-laws to their mother-in-laws. Most important point is they no longer work as whores after marriage.

So to each their own preference, if brothers want to be respected, show respect to others. Have a great evening . Chao :D alright braddah, i see your feelings. if sammo want to take down the videos, its OK with me.

Hurricane88
18-07-2009, 07:00 PM

Yes bro SingViet should play referee for this thread...well done and keep it up...:)

poop_ant
18-07-2009, 08:50 PM
Hi bros, need some advices really.

I know this viet gal can say is a WL. But she dont always work. Knew her since April. We fell in love and she has been staying in my house everytime she comes here.. Shes been here for 4 mths and 1 mth in Vietnam; for the 1 mth, i went over to accompany her for 2 weeks and we went Nah Trang and Dalat.

Now we also decided to get married, i know its abit insane like some bros here. She really can give me the family feeling, everyday cook for me chinese food etc, making me so addicted. After dinner, she will den go to work and i go fetch her home bout 1am. My parents also like her alot, becoz she is capable of doing housework, cooking etc and she is so automatic.

One thing she want me to promise her is, i have to let her work for 1 1/2 yr to clear her family debt and im also very clear she mean it when she say no way she will do anything behind my back. She do not want me to interfere her family problem and wants to settle it all herself. Until now, she did not tell me exactly how much debt her family is in and what causes it.

I know im walking into a dark pit but i really do not know how to give up at this point of time.... I belive its the same when your playing TEXAS holdem, Now im calling an ALL-iN on river which either misery or happiness.

Out from the 1st topic, may i know what are the steps for a marriage? We plan to get married but the wedding feast be held in a later date.
All i know is we need 2 witnesses, pair of rings, proper attires, guy need tuxedos?
Another friend told me that its better to go ICA to inform them we getting married and so on, dunno the exact procedures.

Please advice.

SingViet
18-07-2009, 08:58 PM
One thing she want me to promise her is, i have to let her work for 1 1/2 yr to clear her family debt and im also very clear she mean it when she say no way she will do anything behind my back. She do not want me to interfere her family problem and wants to settle it all herself. Until now, she did not tell me exactly how much debt her family is in and what causes it.

Please advice.

let her clear her family debt first then marry her. Not long, just 1 1/2 years

naemlo
18-07-2009, 09:03 PM
I know this viet gal can say is a WL. But she dont always work. Knew her since April.

Give yourself n her more time to know each other. U have yet to discover much abt her. :rolleyes:

poop_ant
18-07-2009, 09:44 PM
ya i also think of let her clear her debts first. She initially also thought that would be a better solution. But im the one who wants to be fast, i cannot take it to have her leaving me for months. I'm so addicted to her with me. If not whats a better solution?
Ask her to study here? it costs like 6-8k.

maybe im single child thats why i need a company so badly. And i definitely know that im not doing this base on impulse. i know she can really be a good wife, her character, the way she interact with my parents, and 1 thing, she speaks chinese and abit of taiwanse as well coz shes been working in taiwan for 4 years coz her family use to do "PI1 FA1" clothes from china to vietnam and taiwan to sell.

jackbl
19-07-2009, 02:34 AM
She wants to get ROM first then can get LTVP so that she can stay 6 months or so without returning to VN..... (Am I right???)

let her clear her family debt first then marry her. Not long, just 1 1/2 years

iCoPuLaTe
19-07-2009, 04:46 AM
Out from the 1st topic, may i know what are the steps for a marriage? We plan to get married but the wedding feast be held in a later date.
All i know is we need 2 witnesses, pair of rings, proper attires, guy need tuxedos?
Another friend told me that its better to go ICA to inform them we getting married and so on, dunno the exact procedures..

I only see tis post then reply,so if my post is abit weried, apologies.

Firstly, do understand what pass is she currently having.If its WP, under certain guideline, need to inform MOM bour marriage.(Does not apply to all)
Ifs is normal visit pass, might hv to inform ICA,(again, does not apply to all)

Go internet book date, then go down ROM, they will ask u come for 2 time.Then pronounce u husband & wife. Over Viet side, u gotta sent gifts,feast etc, can call the er dunno wat money to help...Jus pay $ then ok liao.

Then as now u legal married, u sure wan to let her beside u long long time in Sg. The tricky part is the time frame u have when she in Sg from booking of date to AD @ ROM...Gotta do the e-xtend from ica web.
**Once u got the date of AD of ROM, do furnish the date to ROM.(During tis time technically she is Visit pass or wat ever pass she is holding).

For LTVP, remember to hv your 3 years income tax statment (if dun have, do include a letter stating why dun hv which year..can say never reach $30k etc),cpf statment,watever letter from company to state u are currently working in,the nessary doc & VERY IMPORTANT, bring her go see doc..NEED the doctor writing..If your wife pregnant, even better,most prob will get it.

the LTVP form can also download from ICA web, if u dunno, PM me, i gv u the link & tel wat they look out for.

SingViet
19-07-2009, 06:22 AM
ya i also think of let her clear her debts first. She initially also thought that would be a better solution. But im the one who wants to be fast, i cannot take it to have her leaving me for months. I'm so addicted to her with me. If not whats a better solution?

maybe im single child thats why i need a company so badly. And i definitely know that im not doing this base on impulse. i know she can really be a good wife, her character, the way she interact with my parents, and 1 thing, she speaks chinese and abit of taiwanse as well coz shes been working in taiwan for 4 years coz her family use to do "PI1 FA1" clothes from china to vietnam and taiwan to sell.

you believe she worked in taiwan for 4 years? I think the probability of her being married to taiwanese for 4 years is much higher. If her family imports clothes from china to vietnam and taiwan to sell, then she doesn't need to be in the vice trade. Think in a logical way, think with your BIG head, not your DICK. As for company, i feel you are more interested to having sex daily and that's why you are addicted to her. Marriage is not a child's game, if marry the wrong person, the amount of money you lose will be much much more than 6-8k. ;)

NewandLost
19-07-2009, 06:55 AM
braddah, something not right. the TW story does not make sense. She know too many languages for a Viet. MAybe "working" in TW in the past or as previous poster states married in TW. Also, you would marry someone who holds secrets meaning the reason for her debt? Your family knows what she does?

ekemono
19-07-2009, 09:21 AM

Hi bro,

we dun choose to be with someone cos we wanted to fill that emptiness in us. If so, any gals can do it. Choosing a life partner is about being with someone who shared a common goal with you, and are pillars of support during shitty times. That was the reason many folks had advice giving more time to a relationship to understand each other better before marriage commitment.

Vietnamese girlfriend are sweet, but Vietnamese wife can be a tigress at times. :p Moreover, with the differences in culture as husband and wife often they dun see things eye to eye. So be prepared to have a lot of patience, tolerance and "pyscho power".
Also, you have to be prepared for the financial burden that comes with it after marriage as she may not have much earning power and she most likely have to be responsible for her family financial needs.

Last but not least, I see a great posibility that she was married to Taiwan during the 4 years. So.., you will have to find out about these cos we dun want to see her ended up committing bigamy.

raibo
19-07-2009, 10:32 AM

Now we also decided to get married, i know its abit insane like some bros here.

Please advice.

You only know her for some months nia. Don't get marry so fast. Spend more time to think and know her more like what other bros say. You might regret later on in your life.

Now is not old days in china where you can just write a 休书, get her out of your house and you are a free man again.

Thanks to the modern law, it will really cost alot to 休 her.
If you really need her, just fly to vietnam. It alot cheaper..

Hurricane88
19-07-2009, 11:06 AM

I dun think you knew her well enough to marry her...this is a potential mine field you are stepping on....one trip to her house and just a few months of knowing each other cannot verify much of her stories...my sentiment is just believe 50%. If she really loves you then sooner or later you will marry her but take your time to verify to her stories...:)

Kefka
19-07-2009, 12:58 PM

Now we also decided to get married, i know its abit insane like some bros here. She really can give me the family feeling, everyday cook for me chinese food etc, making me so addicted. After dinner, she will den go to work and i go fetch her home bout 1am. My parents also like her alot, becoz she is capable of doing housework, cooking etc and she is so automatic.

I know im walking into a dark pit but i really do not know how to give up at this point of time.... I belive its the same when your playing TEXAS holdem, Now im calling an ALL-iN on river which either misery or happiness.

Please advice.

4 months of relationship is a very short time to consider marriage. Unless got very urgent reasons like shotgun. Or you want to marry her so that you can provide for her and she can stop working as a WL anymore.

But since she still want to work as WL, marry for what???
Maybe this is your first love, which can overwhelm you with feelings and cause you to make illogical decisions. But you really have to think carefully and look at the decision tree you have now.

The consequences include :
1) Able to see her everyday but also send her to lion's den everyday.
2) Overtime, you may grow tired of her and you are glad you didn't marry her.

Time makes a big difference. Don't rush into things especially if you know you are this kind of person. Marriage should last till you die. Also i hope you are wanting to marry her because you pity her, Love doesn't work that way.

SGtalker
19-07-2009, 01:00 PM
I dun think you knew her well enough to marry her...this is a potential mine field you are stepping on....one trip to her house and just a few months of knowing each other cannot verify much of her stories...my sentiment is just believe 50%. If she really loves you then sooner or later you will marry her but take your time to verify to her stories...:)

Very sound advice !! I think you said it right that inexperienced ones like myself are too anxious.

Honey Boon
20-07-2009, 02:49 PM
IMHO, too good to believe. Once they have worked in KTV in SG, more or less they have "changed" or "spoilt" ..... easy money to earn. No matter how deep she "loves" your good friend, she still need to eat. $400 for few months in Vietnam, even though in those country sides, also hard to survive. Either she need to "earn" again back home or get another man to support. :confused:

sorry for being a bit busybody.... :D

yup, i gotta agree on it..

personally know of a gd fren's VN girl, who used to work at a ktv in SG.. once with him, she totally stopped working.. all her time is spent either with him or wait for him at home.. totally devoted to him..

but having said that, she's the only 1 that i met before who's that gd.. the rest, well.. more bad apples than gd.. also wished my VN girl was like that..

Honey Boon
20-07-2009, 02:50 PM
fake name, fake birthday with fake breast .... quite common la :D

I have a Viet WL friend whose passport is fake with a fake birthday. :D

leecs
20-07-2009, 03:47 PM
Nabe! fake breasts? They use syringe to inject silicon into their breasts ah? DIY? wahahaha

iCoPuLaTe
23-07-2009, 06:03 AM
@poop_ant.

Sorry for the wait, i kanna maligned in some work issue wid gov bodies, jus come out..

Go see ur PM, is quite step by step, wat to look out for b4 preparing the dates issue,how,where & how to count the time,do what to apply & cost u hv to pay.

I may hv left something out, cos now half of brain also thinking how to fight my own case..lol.

Do let me know if u'r unsure of certain steps.

chanyboy
23-07-2009, 08:10 AM
fake name, fake birthday with fake breast .... quite common la :D

oh...u mean those bouncing about at popular hotspots are fakes?...never get a chance to check/verify leh...just see can PCC liao...terrible heat-wave..(no wonder so many bros having flu - runny nose just by sitting around the places).:p

Hi bro,

....Vietnamese girlfriend are sweet, but Vietnamese wife can be a tigress at times. :p

..ah... sweet & tigress in bed -- fine. The more the better...will one begs to stop if the demand is 5-6x?:rolleyes:

SingViet
25-07-2009, 04:23 PM
Nabe! fake breasts? They use syringe to inject silicon into their breasts ah? DIY? wahahaha

Very normal for viet gals wat. In 2003, price was US$2000 for a pair of tits. Nowadays, you can get it for 20 Million VND. Many viet kieus also come back for this little enhancement. But this enhancement can only last for not more than 3 years. :p

SingViet
25-07-2009, 04:26 PM
@poop_ant.

Sorry for the wait, i kanna maligned in some work issue wid gov bodies, jus come out..

Go see ur PM, is quite step by step, wat to look out for b4 preparing the dates issue,how,where & how to count the time,do what to apply & cost u hv to pay.

I may hv left something out, cos now half of brain also thinking how to fight my own case..lol.

Do let me know if u'r unsure of certain steps.

many brothers still think that once MP writes a letter to ICA on your behalf, everything is alright. This is very wrong. The other belief being that once your wife gives birth, she can become PR straight. These 2 major beliefs are totally outdated. I have heard scores of brothers approaching MP but still useless. Wife gives birth a kid also no PR. What ICA look at is mainly your abilities and also any bad record of your viet spouse. ;)

69ASIMO69
25-07-2009, 09:36 PM
Ya agreed with what bro singviet said.... But I guess ICA is more on CPF contribution flow instead more than what ppl normally says, High Income. I got a friend who is only earning 1.8k monthly, but he has been working at that company for more than 4 yrs. His viet spouse do get her PR on their first attempt after her 1 yr long term social visit pass expired. For mine experience, my wife got her long term visit pass approved on first attempt, though its 3yrs IRAS to be submitted but I'm only started working since 08 as I'm only 26 and just started working, my wife do gets the approval too. Since both cases, I guess income flow is very important. Those who got spouse trying for PR, better dont stop contributing CPF half way eg, resign and rest for few months or yrs.... once stop I guess ICA will not really approved as no income how to feed wife..... High is good but not as what the ppl normally says high high income sure get. my fren is a very gd example.... I guess pregnancy do helps some some way for application but we also must be logical. Cant we the husband only earning 1k per month or the wife got bad records.... if thats the case, non approved is understandable....

chen_zhen
26-07-2009, 12:27 AM
Ya agreed with what bro singviet said.... But I guess ICA is more on CPF contribution flow instead more than what ppl normally says, High Income.

Bro, this statement IMO is very true. My frd work as a driver for few yrs for the same co, his vn wife got her PR thru 1st attempt.:).

Torres_Mok
26-07-2009, 09:39 AM
I believe that many bros hv encountered obstacles when applying PRs for their vn spouses, such as waiting long hrs at the immigration office, hv to make addition trips back there due to the immigration officer demanding original vn documents, snub and interrogate by the immigration officer during submission of documents....

:mad:

Hurricane88
26-07-2009, 11:43 AM
I believe that many bros hv encountered obstacles when applying PRs for their vn spouses, such as waiting long hrs at the immigration office, hv to make addition trips back there due to the immigration officer demanding original vn documents, snub and interrogate by the immigration officer during submission of documents....

:mad:

True...also true for all nationalities and not target just Vn spouse...all foreign documents originals need to be presented and translated...:)

This is ICA SOP....:)

casannova03
26-07-2009, 02:31 PM
problem is SG man lost respect for himself not because pursue Veit girl but chasing after Viet whore, showering with money to buy love and wife. I practice what I call tough love for my braddahs. sometimes you have to explain it hard and tough for it to get into SG braddahs head prusuing the wrong kind of Viet gal.

now do you understand? enjoy your evening and weekend braddah.

Well, in a way you seem to have the good itentions for bros here asking them to be careful but on the other hand, the language you used against ppl going after Viet Wls is a bit on the harsh side.

A man's respect is not earned or lost by going after a gal, WL or not! You can lose respect by doing unbelievably stupid things by going after gals from any country and any working background.

So keep the egocentric comments to yourself and DO NOT for a second, think that your thoughts are the Messiah's msg and your way of doing things are the best. In this thread here, its for ppl with Viet partner's and spouses to discuss things. UNDERSTAND?

You wanna do preaching, pls go smewhere else k? Why shld someone listen to you as to how or what type of gals they like?

So let's say we listened to you and find the corrrect type of wife and when the time comes for divorce you wanna bear 50% of my assests that are supposed to be for the "Supposingly correct gal"?

NO? Then dun anyhow say things la k....you dun need to be anti-thread to gain attention k!

讲到天下无敌,做却无能为力!

;)

johnnie79
27-07-2009, 03:48 AM
Guys, i have some problems out there.
I will like to enquires about my girlfriend status in Singapore.
She been to Singapore twice before and was allowed to come in Singapore that time.
But after that she was not allowed to come in for 3 times and wasted her air tickets money.
She dont have bad records.
The recent one is 13 July 2009 after i went to Vietnam to propose our marriage to her parents.
It will cause alot of impacts for both of us and our families if she cannot come in Singapore.
It is very tough for us not to meet each other and air tickets, overseas calls are very expensive.
I will like to know the reasons why she not allowed in Singapore and seek your advices on what i can do to help my girlfriend.

ekemono
27-07-2009, 05:24 AM
But after that she was not allowed to come in for 3 times and wasted her air tickets money.
The recent one is 13 July 2009 after i went to Vietnam to propose our marriage to her parents.
I will like to know the reasons why she not allowed in Singapore and seek your advices on what i can do to help my girlfriend.

ICA can reject her entry without giving any reason. So it is best not to be bothered with it.

If the marriage proposal went smooth and you have decided she is the one, then you can first try applying her entry via yourself as sponser. If ICA reject then go see your MP. Another way is to go ahead and apply for your ROM and use it for her entry visa application with ICA.

Hurricane88
27-07-2009, 09:51 AM
She been to Singapore twice before and was allowed to come in Singapore that time.
It will cause alot of impacts for both of us and our families if she cannot come in Singapore.
It is very tough for us not to meet each other and air tickets, overseas calls are very expensive.

This topic was discussed extensively...pls read them using the thread tools search...as what ekemono mentioned, best is apply your ROM in Sin and use this application for her to come in...ask her to come in within one month from ROM...:)

johnnie79
27-07-2009, 10:39 PM
ICA can reject her entry without giving any reason. So it is best not to be bothered with it.

If the marriage proposal went smooth and you have decided she is the one, then you can first try applying her entry via yourself as sponser. If ICA reject then go see your MP. Another way is to go ahead and apply for your ROM and use it for her entry visa application with ICA.

Sponser need to deposit how much?
I did call ICA today and they asked me for her photocopy passport, together with Form 14 and V39i and come down personally.
What else i need to bring?
Is it on the spot can approve my girlfriend coming in Singapore or have to wait?

Hurricane88
28-07-2009, 06:35 AM
I did call ICA today and they asked me for her photocopy passport, together with Form 14 and V39i and come down personally.
Is it on the spot can approve my girlfriend coming in Singapore or have to wait?

Sponsor dun need to pay anything but responsible to take care of her during the stay and repatraite her when her visa is up...need to bring along your nric...up to ica to approve and normally cases like this quite fast...:)

ekemono
28-07-2009, 08:20 AM

bro,
ICA website has the info on required documents
ICA - Visitor on Short Visit for Social Purposes (http://www.ica.gov.sg/page.aspx?pageid=180&secid=178)

Normally it is the next day result.
However, you can try going there very early in the morning when they open and request for the result in the late afternoon. You can try giving excuse that it is difficult for you to apply leave from work, blah..blah..

casannova03
28-07-2009, 02:00 PM

Bro for the part where signature is required to be signed by the applicant which is your gf, you have to get her to sign personally!!!

Somehow, you have to get her to print it out in VN, sign the form and send it to you in sg.if not you have to fly back yourself to get her to sign. Remember it's a must! No point go to ICA without her personally signed form. they will ask you to come back again.;)

casannova03
28-07-2009, 02:08 PM
Normally it is the next day result.
However, you can try going there very early in the morning when they open and request for the result in the late afternoon. You can try giving excuse that it is difficult for you to apply leave from work, blah..blah..

So fast?

The last time i tried to apply for my SIL, they took weeks!! And they sent a letter telling me the "standard stuffs"

I.E She is allowed to enter SG provided that she:

1.) She must have passport valid for 6 mths blar blar blar...
2.) sufficient cash for her trip blar blar blar...
3.) return/onwards tickets blar blar blar...

All the standard stuff you can find in their website already...

Then one clause: However, the provision of the visit pass is still at the discretion of the ICA at the airport!!!!

Summary: Waste of my time, their time, taxpayer's money!!

Can you imagine that they actually hire ppl to read and reply e-mails with info that i already know? not that they are fast in replying their e-mails in the first place...

Sigh!!! Go one round come back to starting point!:(

jackbl
28-07-2009, 02:33 PM
So did ur SIL came to sgp? Remember u wan me to bring that for her to sign?

The last time i tried to apply for my SIL, they took weeks!! And they sent a letter telling me the "standard stuffs"

johnnie79
28-07-2009, 07:18 PM
Bro for the part where signature is required to be signed by the applicant which is your gf, you have to get her to sign personally!!!

Somehow, you have to get her to print it out in VN, sign the form and send it to you in sg.if not you have to fly back yourself to get her to sign. Remember it's a must! No point go to ICA without her personally signed form. they will ask you to come back again.;)

Oh, the form is with me now and i heading to ICA tomorrow morning before work.
Cant i sign for her?

KangTuo
28-07-2009, 08:09 PM
Can you imagine that they actually hire ppl to read and reply e-mails with info that i already know? not that they are fast in replying their e-mails in the first place...

Sigh!!! Go one round come back to starting point!:(

YES!!!
ALL goverment related agencies/schools/company or what ever will employ PART-TIMER to reply email queries with some STANDRAD TEMPLATE. :mad:

I remember I did a parttime job in a school admin replying emails only. Usually after 3 replies, the potential student and parents will come visit the school to get things sorted out.

chanyboy
28-07-2009, 09:38 PM
She dont have bad records...

what flight does she comes in?... if SIA perhaps easier to get thro...(I m :confused: too)

demon83
29-07-2009, 01:00 PM
Oh, the form is with me now and i heading to ICA tomorrow morning before work.
Cant i sign for her?

Bro..what form did u bring down ? Form V39I?

SingViet
29-07-2009, 05:19 PM
Bro..what form did u bring down ? Form V39I?

I think ICA is trying to stop those WL from entering singapore. Basically, its one of the steps to wipe out illegal WL from entering singapore. Poor singapore man, we have to go overseas to enjoy ourselves again. At the same time, i am sure more singaporean man will settle down in HCMC as their Viet ladies find it difficult to enter Singapore. Maybe next time, u will find singaporean man driving taxi in HCMC :p

Hurricane88
29-07-2009, 06:28 PM
I think ICA is trying to stop those WL from entering singapore. Basically, its one of the steps to wipe out illegal WL from entering singapore. Poor singapore man, we have to go overseas to enjoy ourselves again. At the same time, i am sure more singaporean man will settle down in HCMC as their Viet ladies find it difficult to enter Singapore. Maybe next time, u will find singaporean man driving taxi in HCMC :p

Also alot of sin men together with their bx will open kopitiam, eating houses, apparel shops, etc...:)

sex_is_zero
29-07-2009, 10:36 PM
Haha, i have a viet gf too. Have been to hcm twice tis year liao. I really agree that viet gals are much more gfe than local bitches......:)

SingViet
30-07-2009, 10:23 AM
Haha, i have a viet gf too. Have been to hcm twice tis year liao. I really agree that viet gals are much more gfe than local bitches......:)

hahha, if you kanna the bad apples, there are agendas behind the gfe :D

CuteBuns
30-07-2009, 10:28 AM
hahha, if you kanna the bad apples, there are agendas behind the gfe :D

I totally agree, quite a number of bad apples around. Always take what they say with a pinch of salt. This goes especially for the ones that you meet in Singapore :D

SingViet
30-07-2009, 03:45 PM
I totally agree, quite a number of bad apples around. Always take what they say with a pinch of salt. This goes especially for the ones that you meet in Singapore :D

Out of 10 viet gals that singapore man met in Singapore, 9 are from KTVs, Bars & Pubs. We always try to console ourselves that the

(1) viet gals we met are always special, they don't go lam tinh with customers.

(2)The viet gals are refused entry into singapore because ICA got nothing better to do

(3) The viet gals love us a lot as they bring us to meet their parents and families

(4) What happened to others will not happen to me as my viet gal is special

(5) My viet gal picked up her supreme love making skills thru watching porno CD her friend brought to her house

(6) My viet gal will only con other foreigner or viet kieu but not me

(7) Viet gals give free sex, so i better grab

(8) i work in vietnam for a few years, drawing a miserable salary, but i am King of HCMC as i know the bars damm well

Not all Viet WL are bad, but will you be so lucky to pick / or to be picked by the Good one? ;)

demon83
30-07-2009, 07:04 PM
bro...will it be better if i go down hcm and bribng my gf in ? anyways she has a clean record and staying in home of me,,

SingViet
30-07-2009, 07:10 PM
bro...will it be better if i go down hcm and bribng my gf in ? anyways she has a clean record and staying in home of me,,

hahah, i have seen too many vietnamese gals telling ICA officers that their `bf' is singaporean and also lots of Singaporean telling the ICA officer that the viet gal is their `gf'. Same standard reply is that ICA only recognise marriage certificates. ;) To ICA, they only recognise official documents. You can tell them a thousand and one stories, they also don't care

demon83
30-07-2009, 07:21 PM
hahaz...i also seen a form stating that even marriage liao...doesnt mean that can stay in sg

SingViet
31-07-2009, 04:06 PM
hahaz...i also seen a form stating that even marriage liao...doesnt mean that can stay in sg

i m sure ICA also realise that many Viet WL, after marrying Singaporean man, still go work at JC and other nightspots. Viet WL seems to think that the best way to stay in Singapore is to marry Singaporean man. ;)

casannova03
31-07-2009, 06:07 PM
hahah, i have seen too many vietnamese gals telling ICA officers that their `bf' is singaporean and also lots of Singaporean telling the ICA officer that the viet gal is their `gf'. Same standard reply is that ICA only recognise marriage certificates. ;) To ICA, they only recognise official documents. You can tell them a thousand and one stories, they also don't care

Well, even with official documents, they can also reject a gal's entry!!

So like they said, Its totally at their discretion!;)

Hurricane88
31-07-2009, 08:40 PM
i m sure ICA also realise that many Viet WL, after marrying Singaporean man, still go work at JC and other nightspots. Viet WL seems to think that the best way to stay in Singapore is to marry Singaporean man. ;)

Hahaha...no loop holes in our law...that's why alot of wives application for for long term pass or pr got rejected without reprieve...:)

SingViet
02-08-2009, 09:23 AM
Hahaha...no loop holes in our law...that's why alot of wives application for for long term pass or pr got rejected without reprieve...:)

There are loop holes, but its only for the rich and famous. We are just normal folks, so no holes for us to squeeze thru ;)

Hurricane88
02-08-2009, 09:32 AM
There are loop holes, but its only for the rich and famous. We are just normal folks, so no holes for us to squeeze thru ;)

Wow bro, rise and shine on a lazy sun morn...ya la odinary ppl have to follow the rules of the law...:)

SingViet
02-08-2009, 04:12 PM
hahhah, everyday is not lazy for me. ;)

Niaoren
04-08-2009, 12:52 AM
Out of 10 viet gals that singapore man met in Singapore, 9 are from KTVs, Bars & Pubs. We always try to console ourselves that the

(1) viet gals we met are always special, they don't go lam tinh with customers.

(2)The viet gals are refused entry into singapore because ICA got nothing better to do

(3) The viet gals love us a lot as they bring us to meet their parents and families

(4) What happened to others will not happen to me as my viet gal is special

(5) My viet gal picked up her supreme love making skills thru watching porno CD her friend brought to her house

(6) My viet gal will only con other foreigner or viet kieu but not me

(7) Viet gals give free sex, so i better grab

(8) i work in vietnam for a few years, drawing a miserable salary, but i am King of HCMC as i know the bars damm well

Not all Viet WL are bad, but will you be so lucky to pick / or to be picked by the Good one? ;)

I agree with your 8 commandments. Most viet girls we met in pubs/KTVs are not simple at all. Most are in debt or eager to find a singapore husband to break out of poverty. They tend to give the same excuse that parents are sick at home and they need to work in singapore to foot the medical bills.

I am impressed that most viet girls can cook very well. Unlike sg girls. Pampered by parents or can't be bothered to cook due to work commitments.

I do have a viet gf in tay ninh. Am still trying to find out/test if she really loves me. She brought me to see her parents and wanted me to marry her. But I told her to wait for 3 years. Marriage is not a game. So being cautious is better. I am looking forward to see her in viet in Sep.

Any advice for me to find out if she is true? :rolleyes:

naemlo
04-08-2009, 08:10 AM

Get a private investigator. :rolleyes:

Hurricane88
04-08-2009, 10:04 AM
I agree with your 8 commandments. Most viet girls we met in pubs/KTVs are not simple at all. Most are in debt or eager to find a singapore husband to break out of poverty. They tend to give the same excuse that parents are sick at home and they need to work in singapore to foot the medical bills.

I am impressed that most viet girls can cook very well. Unlike sg girls. Pampered by parents or can't be bothered to cook due to work commitments.

I do have a viet gf in tay ninh. Am still trying to find out/test if she really loves me. She brought me to see her parents and wanted me to marry her. But I told her to wait for 3 years. Marriage is not a game. So being cautious is better. I am looking forward to see her in viet in Sep.

Besides naemlo advice to find a private investigator, we don't enough about your story to advise you...give us a little bit about your story...why dun you trust her:confused:...:)

Honey Boon
04-08-2009, 01:31 PM
stop sending money for few months and see what happend? see face change color or not? :D:D

Tee-Muay
04-08-2009, 07:08 PM

Bro, please only get the girls from the village and not those that come to Singapore for matchmaking. If you are serious about getting a Viet wife, go find an agency that can do this. I can give you my friend's agency contact if you desire.

leo_ng77
04-08-2009, 08:50 PM
i also know my viet gf for a month and she wants to meet my mum...sometime i really dunn know how true is it....and whether they are true about you...it is very hard to determine and all depends on the gals.

Anyway, my gal already 29 and eager to get married.....hmm....but I still yet to know her enough...any advise??? Im thinking of stopping this relationship...before it goes too deep...

Hurricane88
04-08-2009, 08:58 PM
i also know my viet gf for a month and she wants to meet my mum...sometime i really dunn know how true is it....and whether they are true about you...it is very hard to determine and all depends on the gals.

Anyway, my gal already 29 and eager to get married.....hmm....but I still yet to know her enough...any advise??? Im thinking of stopping this relationship...before it goes too deep...

Actually you already answered yourself that is you wanted to end the relationship...dun think you like her at all...also your gf wants to kc you but seems to be kc herself...if you dun like her better end fast before you make any mistake...:)

Niaoren
05-08-2009, 12:00 AM
stop sending money for few months and see what happend? see face change color or not? :D:D
My bx got ask me for $. She asked for $100 recently. I sent her $200 instead. She has been working very hard. She does because she borrowed from her sister. She did not ask me for $ every month. She told me she is saving hard to buy motorbike. Not sure if she is lying. I ever encountered viet girls who asked me to send $500 because parent is sick. I act blur! :p

Niaoren
05-08-2009, 12:15 AM
Besides naemlo advice to find a private investigator, we don't enough about your story to advise you...give us a little bit about your story...why dun you trust her:confused:...:)

My gf used to work in Sg pubs and ktvs before. When I first got to know her at a pub a year ago, she was not a happening girl. I went out with her a few times and wanted to kiss her but she refused. I find her a smart girl and hard to get type.

When she returned to vietnam, she started calling me and told me her parents sick and she needed money. I was quite pissed and ignored her calls because I gave her few hundreds before she went back vietnam. I ignored her calls for a few months and got in touch with her again. Subsequently, I decided to meet her in vietnam to find out her family background. Her parents stay in bungalow type house in a rural area in Tay Ninh. Next door, also a bungalow belonging to her grandparents. I did not sleep at her house. Instead, I slept with her in hotel nearby. I asked her if her parents may not be happy. She said it is ok. She told me that her parents knew I gave them money when they were sick and hospitalised due to dengue. But they did not know that she worked as a pub or ktv girl in singapore. Her parents and grandparents wanted her to marry a singaporean. I met her father's friends who were viet policemen and had a few drinks with them one of the nights.

I have bad experiences with viet girls before. Many tell lies. That's why seeking advice here from those who have viet wives.

Hope my story is detailed enough now. :p

Niaoren
05-08-2009, 12:19 AM

Oic! too costly leh. Any cheaper means? :confused:

Niaoren
05-08-2009, 12:23 AM

I met my gf's parents after knowing her for about a year. Spend more time knowing your girl if you are serious about her. Perhaps,you love her out of a crush for 1 month. So giving up may be a better option. ;)

naemlo
05-08-2009, 12:27 AM
Oic! too costly leh. Any cheaper means? :confused:

It is just 1 price for your happiness.... If u r cheap, then live with it. Will u be happy? :rolleyes: If u can't afford then live life as it is... or try other means.

SingViet
05-08-2009, 06:30 AM

Viet gals do have good virtues that we cannot find in Singapore gals. I have personally experienced these virtues for the past many years ;)

Its very common for viet gals to bring their foreigner bf to see their parents, so this meeting parent part is very common.

Most viet gals will want to get married to their foreigner bf asap, so asking her to wait for 3 years may be a bit too long for her. But its also a good way to test if she is willing to commit to this relationship w/o marriage for the next few years. Marrying and divorcing, to vietnamese, are nothing. Its just a process of signing papers.

Like what some brothers say, test her with money. For a month or two, tell her u are very tight and has no money to send to her. See what's her response.

No matter what, just be cautious and have a clear mind.

Hurricane88
05-08-2009, 08:06 AM
My gf used to work in Sg pubs and ktvs before. When I first got to know her at a pub a year ago, she was not a happening girl. I went out with her a few times and wanted to kiss her but she refused. I find her a smart girl and hard to get type.

I have bad experiences with viet girls before. Many tell lies. That's why seeking advice here from those who have viet wives.

Hope my story is detailed enough now. :p

If that's how you met her then all the more you need to be very cautious...since her family is quite well to do then why did she went out to work as a WL...did she sleep with her client?...do you know if she still contacts her previous clients?...did you know what she do when you are not with her?...how often you visit her in Vn?...I think you need to have all the answers before you can even trust her and talk about marriage...:)

Besides all the good things about Vn lady virtues you still have to worry about the above...dun think you knew her well enough yet...:)

strikeking
05-08-2009, 10:29 AM
I met my gf's parents after knowing her for about a year. Spend more time knowing your girl if you are serious about her. Perhaps,you love her out of a crush for 1 month. So giving up may be a better option. ;)

niaoren, wake up, all vb the same, they want yr $, no pt talking abt marriage.:D

casannova03
05-08-2009, 07:01 PM
niaoren, wake up, all vb the same, they want yr $, no pt talking abt marriage.:D

Haha! You're BROKE!!!!:D

CuteBuns
05-08-2009, 09:11 PM

How many people you know dont marry for economic advancement? Singapore gals also the same, think they wanna marry u if you earn much less than them?

Give me a few million US$ I also marry any girl of any nationality/religion. Cut foreskin and change name also can (if muslim) :D

SingViet
05-08-2009, 09:47 PM

You got a lot of money for vb to take? ;)

strikeking
05-08-2009, 10:45 PM
bros, me juz give warning to niaoren lah, coz he is 1 of my disciples in cheonging. I do nt want to see him sink deeper n deeper.....

jackbl
06-08-2009, 12:56 AM
I agreed with u...

If the position changed, do u wan to marry a sporean who can't feed himself well?

How many people you know dont marry for economic advancement? Singapore gals also the same, think they wanna marry u if you earn much less than them?

Give me a few million US$ I also marry any girl of any nationality/religion. Cut foreskin and change name also can (if muslim) :D

Niaoren
06-08-2009, 01:01 AM
If that's how you met her then all the more you need to be very cautious...since her family is quite well to do then why did she went out to work as a WL...did she sleep with her client?...do you know if she still contacts her previous clients?...did you know what she do when you are not with her?...how often you visit her in Vn?...I think you need to have all the answers before you can even trust her and talk about marriage...:)

Besides all the good things about Vn lady virtues you still have to worry about the above...dun think you knew her well enough yet...:)

I agree with your comments. Anyway, I am not in the rush to get married. Still happy being single and anytime, anyhow and anywhere. I just find her a good companion to be with when I visit vietnam. Her parents are not rich but her grandfather is rich. Most of her aunts migrated to USA. So I suppose she work in sg to help her parents. Not sure if she slept with her client before. I have not bedded her anyway. Haha! So for me to find out soon. :D

Niaoren
06-08-2009, 01:06 AM
Viet gals do have good virtues that we cannot find in Singapore gals. I have personally experienced these virtues for the past many years ;)

Its very common for viet gals to bring their foreigner bf to see their parents, so this meeting parent part is very common.

Most viet gals will want to get married to their foreigner bf asap, so asking her to wait for 3 years may be a bit too long for her. But its also a good way to test if she is willing to commit to this relationship w/o marriage for the next few years. Marrying and divorcing, to vietnamese, are nothing. Its just a process of signing papers.

Like what some brothers say, test her with money. For a month or two, tell her u are very tight and has no money to send to her. See what's her response.

No matter what, just be cautious and have a clear mind.

Thanks for your sound advice. I have tested her a few times say I am tight and have no money. She did not pressure me to give her at all. I only sent her money $200 once for the past 1 year I knew her. Anyway, I will still be cautious and will not be carried away. As I am single and cho bo, going vietnam to see her is a good way to cure my time. Always pubbing also boring. Lost confidence in Singapore girls. haha! :p

Niaoren
06-08-2009, 01:09 AM

I know la. If one day I really get married with her, can you be my best man? I will find a pretty vietnames to partner you hor...hehehe. It is thrilling to go vietnam see my lxh-gf. Anytime, anyhow and anywhere. Pay a bit of $ is worth! Else life is boring for single men like myself. :D:D:D

Niaoren
06-08-2009, 01:11 AM

Wow! you hit the nail mann. In this world, no money no talk. Nationality does not matter at all. ;)

Niaoren
06-08-2009, 01:31 AM
Haha! You're BROKE!!!!:D
Your viet love story is very interesting! Keep it going...;)

Chicken Chickee
06-08-2009, 09:30 AM
Not sure if she slept with her client before. I have not bedded her anyway. Haha! So for me to find out soon. :D

Niaoren, you must be qingsheng. Where got cat not eating fish???How come you din f her???Don't tell me she is is true love. Anyway, should you got marry please invite us. I never attend Vietnam wedding before can explore & may find 1 true love too.:p:p:p

strikeking
06-08-2009, 10:11 AM
I know la. If one day I really get married with her, can you be my best man? I will find a pretty vietnames to partner you hor...hehehe. It is thrilling to go vietnam see my lxh-gf. Anytime, anyhow and anywhere. Pay a bit of $ is worth! Else life is boring for single men like myself. :D:D:D

sure, i will be yr best man! got excuses to leave sillyspore n go hcm take a break! y not? anytime , anyhow, anywhere, kaka...me look forward, happy hrs everday n nitz, kaka...:D

Hurricane88
06-08-2009, 11:36 AM

Clap clap clap applause...me fully agreed...if i am a gal definitely want to marry a wealthy man who i also loved...:)

Honey Boon
06-08-2009, 07:21 PM
$200 for the past one year, you think you give CNY ang pau har? :D

she didn't pressure you because she got other "financial backing" la. :p

Thanks for your sound advice. I have tested her a few times say I am tight and have no money. She did not pressure me to give her at all. I only sent her money $200 once for the past 1 year I knew her. Anyway, I will still be cautious and will not be carried away. As I am single and cho bo, going vietnam to see her is a good way to cure my time. Always pubbing also boring. Lost confidence in Singapore girls. haha! :p

Honey Boon
06-08-2009, 07:24 PM
boring la.. the wedding lunch or dinner.. only 5 cheap dish, no sharkfin soup, may be some egg soup... the main dish is the steamboat ...

may be got live band and the guests will take turn to sing... you think enjoy or not? :D

Niaoren, you must be qingsheng. Where got cat not eating fish???How come you din f her???Don't tell me she is is true love. Anyway, should you got marry please invite us. I never attend Vietnam wedding before can explore & may find 1 true love too.:p:p:p

Niaoren
06-08-2009, 09:27 PM

I am a vegetarian cat la. Or nit tuo fuo! Viet wedding very interesting one. They ride motorcycles with wedding items to the house. No convoy of cars though.No true love can satify your lust and raging hormones. hehe..:D

Niaoren
06-08-2009, 09:30 PM
$200 for the past one year, you think you give CNY ang pau har? :D

she didn't pressure you because she got other "financial backing" la. :p

Not ang pao $ la. I just want to test her la. You mean financial backing from other sg guys? I don't think so leh. Her grandfather owns a toyata car though. So her uncle fetched me to the airport when I left tay ninh. :p

Niaoren
06-08-2009, 09:33 PM
bros, me juz give warning to niaoren lah, coz he is 1 of my disciples in cheonging. I do nt want to see him sink deeper n deeper.....

Bro! when did I become your disciple? You must be a monk before I can call you shifu la. Thanks for your concern. Me no blur fcuk la. Hehehe....:p

SingViet
06-08-2009, 09:59 PM
boring la.. the wedding lunch or dinner.. only 5 cheap dish, no sharkfin soup, may be some egg soup... the main dish is the steamboat ...

may be got live band and the guests will take turn to sing... you think enjoy or not? :D

Bro, this will depend where they hold the wedding dinner. The menu you mentioned is more for provincial wedding. My wedding there was held at Q1 at a higher class chinese resturant ( i shall not disclose the place.. hehhe). Got roast pig, shark's fin etc etc. But it was only around 10 tables, and the worst of all was that i had to charter a bus to bring the folks from province to saigon for the dinner and the same bus bring them back after dinner ;)

strikeking
06-08-2009, 10:56 PM
Bro! when did I become your disciple? You must be a monk before I can call you shifu la. Thanks for your concern. Me no blur fcuk la. Hehehe....:p

niaoren, u must learn how to use multiple quotes, else u r wasting sammy memory... without shifu, u r still wondering in the blur f world, kaka... gd boy n stone at hm diy, kaka...:p :D

jackbl
07-08-2009, 01:04 AM
Then u shd hv held it in province and saved some cost :D :p
and the worst of all was that i had to charter a bus to bring the folks from province to saigon for the dinner and the same bus bring them back after dinner ;)

SingViet
07-08-2009, 05:25 AM
Then u shd hv held it in province and saved some cost :D :p

The trade off is here, if hold wedding dinner in City, only 10 tables and transportation cost. But if hold in province, minimum 60 to 100 tables. There is no way that you can hide away from inviting neighbours, distance relatives etc who stays in the same village. So i will think that wedding dinner in city can save more ;)

leecs
07-08-2009, 11:59 AM
Some pics from my trip. Nothing spectacular..

http://i128.photobucket.com/albums/p192/mu7979/IMG_0002.jpg
http://i128.photobucket.com/albums/p192/mu7979/IMG_0020.jpg
http://i128.photobucket.com/albums/p192/mu7979/IMG_0031.jpg
http://i128.photobucket.com/albums/p192/mu7979/IMG_0042.jpg

leecs
07-08-2009, 12:01 PM
http://i128.photobucket.com/albums/p192/mu7979/IMG_0023.jpg
http://i128.photobucket.com/albums/p192/mu7979/IMG_0004.jpg
http://i128.photobucket.com/albums/p192/mu7979/IMG_0083.jpg

finn2046
07-08-2009, 03:44 PM
The trade off is here, if hold wedding dinner in City, only 10 tables and transportation cost. But if hold in province, minimum 60 to 100 tables. There is no way that you can hide away from inviting neighbours, distance relatives etc who stays in the same village. So i will think that wedding dinner in city can save more ;)

hi bros
I'm new here.

Hi Bro SingViet, do you mind share with us how much is the higher class chinese resturant with 10 tables and transportation cost?
Thanks in advance. :)

SingViet
07-08-2009, 05:57 PM
hi bros
I'm new here.

Hi Bro SingViet, do you mind share with us how much is the higher class chinese resturant with 10 tables and transportation cost?
Thanks in advance. :)

When i got married in early 2004, per table is around 2 million VND (without drinks and alcohol). 2 million VND is quite something there at that time as exchange rate was S$1 = 7500 VND. There's a choice of 1.5 million to 2 million VND tables. My wife only allowed them to drink Heniken and the total bill added up to around 25 million VND. As my wife's province is nearer to TP HCM and one of her relative has 2 buses plying b/w TP HCM and their province. They charged me 2 million VND per bus for return, so total 4 million for transportation.

These are roughly from what i can remember. 2004 is like 5 years ago, very difficult to remember all details. :D

Her mother initially wanted to hold the dinner in the province. She estimated around 250 tables for the whole village. Each table around 500,000 VND (inclusive of heniken). I almost fainted. That will be like 125 million VND :eek:

VietnamLover
07-08-2009, 06:20 PM
Some pics from my trip. Nothing spectacular..

One of the photos is at Suoi Tien in district 9, right?

finn2046
07-08-2009, 10:27 PM
When i got married in early 2004, per table is around 2 million VND (without drinks and alcohol). 2 million VND is quite something there at that time as exchange rate was S$1 = 7500 VND. There's a choice of 1.5 million to 2 million VND tables. My wife only allowed them to drink Heniken and the total bill added up to around 25 million VND. As my wife's province is nearer to TP HCM and one of her relative has 2 buses plying b/w TP HCM and their province. They charged me 2 million VND per bus for return, so total 4 million for transportation.

These are roughly from what i can remember. 2004 is like 5 years ago, very difficult to remember all details. :D

Her mother initially wanted to hold the dinner in the province. She estimated around 250 tables for the whole village. Each table around 500,000 VND (inclusive of heniken). I almost fainted. That will be like 125 million VND :eek:
Thanks Bro SingViet for the infomative price guide for wedding dinner in HCM City. I was newbie regarding Vietnam and its culture.
I met a gal there in one of my trip this year. I kind of having feel for her and ask for mobile number. She is not from HCM City but working there as selling noodle. But she dont speak english or chinese, we communicate using viet dictionary. She just started to study chinese and she never been to singapore before.
Just my little vietnam experience to share. ;)
Again thanks Bro SingVet

SingViet
08-08-2009, 08:47 AM
Thanks Bro SingViet for the infomative price guide for wedding dinner in HCM City. I was newbie regarding Vietnam and its culture.
I met a gal there in one of my trip this year. I kind of having feel for her and ask for mobile number. She is not from HCM City but working there as selling noodle. But she dont speak english or chinese, we communicate using viet dictionary. She just started to study chinese and she never been to singapore before.
Again thanks Bro SingVet

I always feel that communication is very important for a couple. No matter what differences the couple have, as long as they are able to communicate well, the differences will be easy to resolve. Singaporean man has 2 major choices for their viet gf who only speak vietnamese:

(1) Singapore man spend the next 1 year of so learning vietnamese
(2) Viet gf learn mandarin or english for the next 1 year or so

I always feel that unless the Singaporean man is going to settle in Vietnam for good, or else its better for the viet gf to learn either english or mandarin if she is going to come over to Singapore.

3 months of language course is surely not enuff. Good to be able to learn the language for up to 1 year continuosly for the viet lady.

By the way, my price guide is very much outdated as Vietnam has experienced high inflation these few years. So prices are very much inflated nowadays.

jackbl
08-08-2009, 01:11 PM
Wow so large a figure!!! I would rather give her mother half of the sum than to spend it on dinner and the chance of getting back thru ANG BAO is NIL :D

Hurricane88
08-08-2009, 01:45 PM
Wow so large a figure!!! I would rather give her mother half of the sum than to spend it on dinner and the chance of getting back thru ANG BAO is NIL :D

Now you knew vn gals are precious commodities...now vn couples prefer to have daughter rather son for one child policy...:)

leecs
08-08-2009, 09:44 PM
One of the photos is at Suoi Tien in district 9, right?

Yup.......

SingViet
09-08-2009, 08:45 AM

For me, i chose not have the dinner in the village. Why bother to give my mother-in-law so much money? If starting give her a lot of money, then next time she will have a lot of request to ask for much more. I don't believe in setting the trend for giving money. That's why my mother-in-law doesn't like me and i don't like her too. :D

casannova03
09-08-2009, 12:14 PM
...... If starting give her a lot of money, then next time she will have a lot of request to ask for much more. I don't believe in setting the trend for giving money. That's why my mother-in-law doesn't like me and i don't like her too......

Agreed!! You dun want to start off on the wrong foot and set an extremely high precedent for yourself in you relationship with your in laws.

You may think that they will regard you highly if you give a lot more money...but the truth is they will expect more highly from you instead!!:D

Its the same with your relationship with Vn gals. i find that many a times, people start off on the wrong foot. They tend to think that by giving your gal more money, they will like you more. In a way, that's true cos which gal dun like man who gave them the impression that he is well-to-do? But at the end of the day, if it's a relationship built solely on money, then you'll find that when you are not able to "contribute" then it's bye bye time.

Never think that you could be their "knight in shining armour" unless you have the wealth of a prince.:D

papillon30
09-08-2009, 05:58 PM
Again thanks Bro SingVet

A Viet gal selling noodle is zillion times better than a WL. Your chance of getting a good wife is very high. Congratulatons! By the way, where is her noodle shop?:D

papillon30
09-08-2009, 06:03 PM
Now you knew vn gals are precious commodities...now vn couples prefer to have daughter rather son for one child policy...:)

Generally speaking, Viet. gal is more filial than a Viet. guy. It's better
to lay an egg than to have a male child. Many already late 30s still
sponging off parents or sisters(WLs).

lovesprout
10-08-2009, 08:03 PM
Any bros here share the same feeling that VN girls are hardly on time? Or is it just that I am unlucky? I never ever meet a VN girl and she is on time.

From my own experiences, I would be very lucky if they are only late for 10-20 minutes. 30-40 minutes are quite normal. 1-hour late is not unusual. Sometimes even no show. I am wondering whether it is a Vietnamese culture or not.

naemlo
10-08-2009, 08:39 PM
I am wondering whether it is a Vietnamese culture or not.

It is Viet culture.... their timing is super rubble.

ekemono
10-08-2009, 08:58 PM
Any bros here share the same feeling that VN girls are hardly on time?

next time tell them you strike 4D and wants to give them money. They sure on time.

justin
10-08-2009, 11:27 PM
Can anybody help?

My friend a vietnam gal want come singapore.How much money must she have to come singapore?

After her stay in singapore(after Extension of Short Term Visit Pass) and went back vietnam.Must wait how long then she can come to singapore again?

jackbl
11-08-2009, 03:03 AM
My advice is $1500 if she bought a ticket of 7day expiry.
Can anybody help?

My friend a vietnam gal want come singapore.How much money must she have to come singapore?

KangTuo
11-08-2009, 09:34 AM
I waited 1 1/2 year liao...still waiting another 1 1/2 year for her to be able to come back :( wedding bell should ring before 2010. Keeping my finger cross.

3 years up liao... her ban is over, but i am not happy.
She keeping asking me when can bring her over... Sep? Oct?

This time I am not ready... somethings from previous marriage are not solved yet :(

ekemono
11-08-2009, 10:01 AM

This time I am not ready... somethings from previous marriage are not solved yet :(

Yes bro KangTuo, That is the way to handle matters maturely; resolved outstanding matters from the past before commiting to the future. That way you will not have problems later on.

Sha_Gua75
11-08-2009, 12:11 PM

maybe can try to test the ICA see if any problem in coming in Singapore 1st?

Hurricane88
11-08-2009, 12:22 PM

Make sure you get a copy of the divorce cert to be verified...:)

casannova03
11-08-2009, 05:00 PM

Bro, just to share with you, 3 yrs up liao also they will try not to let ur gal in to SG.:(

It doesn't mean after 3 yrs they will automatically allow her in. On the contrary, once they see that she have "record", they will try not to let her in.
(Sharing from experience) This is because, there is no official document that says that they are only barred for 3 yrs. There is no black and white for this type of thing. Everything is verbal and in their records which we cannot access. Most importantly, they have this sibei powerful statement:

However, the grant of a visit/social pass is still subject to approval by the immigration authorities at the concerned entry/exit point.
.... this one statement overrules everything...

So bro, be prepared for a lot of e-mail,letters and appeals to ICA again. ;)

RJ2004
11-08-2009, 05:16 PM

very curious to find out if she can come in just like that...

Honey Boon
11-08-2009, 06:05 PM
but we men like you.. or your style and we are proud of you. Welcome to the club ... Bad Son-In-Law Klub ... :D

That's why my mother-in-law doesn't like me and i don't like her too. :D

ensign2000
11-08-2009, 06:14 PM
Bro, please only get the girls from the village and not those that come to Singapore for matchmaking. If you are serious about getting a Viet wife, go find an agency that can do this. I can give you my friend's agency contact if you desire.

Been trying to get my friend brother to get married. Could you msg me the contact number?;)

David_Villa
11-08-2009, 07:20 PM
Welcome to the club ... Bad Son-In-Law Klub ... :D

No matter how bad we singaporean son-in-law r, we r still better than the vietnamese son-in-law.

The majority of the vietnamese son-in-law r useless and rely on their wife for a living. some even allow their wife to work as WL to feed them, and they use their wife $$$ to fuck around.. Some even rely on their sister-in-law foreigner husband for a living.....

they r sick men of south east asia....... :cool:

SingViet
11-08-2009, 07:35 PM
but we men like you.. or your style and we are proud of you. Welcome to the club ... Bad Son-In-Law Klub ... :D

No choice lor, good SIL have to give damm a lot of money to satisfy her needs and her other children needs. A bad SIL only need to give some money to satisfy her daughter's needs. So a normal person, with average intelligence, will choose to be a bad SIL ;)

KangTuo
11-08-2009, 07:52 PM
Yes bro KangTuo, That is the way to handle matters maturely; resolved outstanding matters from the past before commiting to the future. That way you will not have problems later on.

oustanding matter is too draggy and may drag another year.
need to break the news to her and pyscho her to stay in vn for the time being

i also got matters of my heart to resolve...

Make sure you get a copy of the divorce cert to be verified...:)

not done yet... that is why too draggy
drag by the other party

Bro, just to share with you, 3 yrs up liao also they will try not to let ur gal in to SG.:(

So bro, be prepared for a lot of e-mail,letters and appeals to ICA again. ;)

someone tried before...
without the ROM date, whatever letter/appeal also reject...

very curious to find out if she can come in just like that...

heard form her that her friend also kana banned. Her friend went to some black magic witch to perform some ritual so that she can come to sillypore.

we shall see if its work as her friend is coming in early sep.

chen_zhen
11-08-2009, 11:33 PM

Hey hello hello bro this statement very sensitive you know. but i strongly agree vn men r sick men of south east asia. :D

Hurricane88
12-08-2009, 01:06 PM
Hey hello hello bro this statement very sensitive you know. but i strongly agree vn men r sick men of south east asia. :D

I think it will need to take another one to two generations to eradicate this problem...now Vn gals are prefered for one child policy...:)

RJ2004
12-08-2009, 01:29 PM
heard form her that her friend also kana banned. Her friend went to some black magic witch to perform some ritual so that she can come to sillypore.

we shall see if its work as her friend is coming in early sep.

like this oso can :eek:

Honey Boon
12-08-2009, 03:25 PM
just SEA? you don't look down on them, pls.

i'm sure they can do better than that :D

David_Villa
12-08-2009, 03:26 PM
I think it will need to take another one to two generations to eradicate this problem...now Vn gals are prefered for one child policy...:)

I don't know how true is it, for the past one year if give birth to a baby gal in vn, the baby gal r entitle to baby bonus from the viet government. :)

Honey Boon
12-08-2009, 03:29 PM
tell her, in life, we can't play too many roles at the same time. I can only be good father, good husband and good son at the same time. so no choice lor, the role of good SIL, let some other men excel in this role. :D

No choice lor, good SIL have to give damm a lot of money to satisfy her needs and her other children needs. A bad SIL only need to give some money to satisfy her daughter's needs. So a normal person, with average intelligence, will choose to be a bad SIL ;)

SingViet
13-08-2009, 03:26 AM
Just curious, how many of you can tahan making love to a pretty lady who has just drank lots of alcohol and smoked a lot? I remember i had a session with a pretty lady who has just drank lots of alcohol and smoked a lot. Even her breast got alcohol smell. Pisses me off and made me feel damm sick of the session :(

iCoPuLaTe
13-08-2009, 06:03 AM
many brothers still think that once MP writes a letter to ICA on your behalf, everything is alright. This is very wrong. The other belief being that once your wife gives birth, she can become PR straight. These 2 major beliefs are totally outdated. I have heard scores of brothers approaching MP but still useless. Wife gives birth a kid also no PR. What ICA look at is mainly your abilities and also any bad record of your viet spouse. ;)

Well said, nowdays use MP letter not much use liao, cos it contridict with own ability of person applying or sponser.This stance IIRC in year 07 dunno March or June my friend use till hv to go fake income tax for the following year then heng heng attain PR for his wife, a PRC.
What they want to see is what you have(previously & currently) & how u prepare the evidence, or how to answer their questions.

iCoPuLaTe
13-08-2009, 06:20 AM
Just curious, how many of you can tahan making love to a pretty lady who has just drank lots of alcohol and smoked a lot? I remember i had a session with a pretty lady who has just drank lots of alcohol and smoked a lot. Even her breast got alcohol smell. Pisses me off and made me feel damm sick of the session :(

If it was me, ever since an incident maybe bout 10 years back? when chionging M3 @ gaylang, i grab a ktv girl (tat time still is SG girls) tat drunk + play K go hotel, bang bang happily then the female become merlion..Somemore is about to shoot liao then duno got wat tang hoon or bee hoon, orange white sticky colour water fly on me..:(
Like jus now i jus got back from drinking session, my fiancee also quite drunk,(she always got tendency to vomit after drinking), i want to poke as is jus after her period 3rd day, can shoot inside,if she pregnant also nvm, can marry..(but actually is her sisters jus now got 1 wear so reveling, i abit buay tahan lah, keep act drunk to peep..lol) ...BUT then reach home lucky never poke, if not i kanna merlion again, at home.

Erm, heavy smoker still ok lah, jus not some that morning wake up the mouth dunno i think is dry after the night sleep got the smell..hahaha, i admit sometime my own mouth morning i wake up also smell so bad..

Hurricane88
13-08-2009, 02:21 PM
I don't know how true is it, for the past one year if give birth to a baby gal in vn, the baby gal r entitle to baby bonus from the viet government. :)

Dun think have lei...baby boom therefore have to implement 2 child policy...:)

Vietnam plans return to two-child policy to tackle population growth | World news | guardian.co.uk (http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2008/nov/21/vietnam-population-baby-boom)

Honey Boon
13-08-2009, 07:00 PM
to me .. cleaniness is the most important when comes to LT. The moment I smell of alcohol and cigarette, I won't touch her liao no matter how pretty is her face. Once off light.. what difference does it make? :D

Santaclaws
13-08-2009, 11:37 PM
If it was me, ever since an incident maybe bout 10 years back? when chionging M3 @ gaylang

wow, M and M3 ktv, those were the days, i still remembered some pretty SG chicks from M ktv, angmo yvonne, number 28, 168, 196, 446 , and there's 1 big breast mummy doris i think.
Wonder where the heck are they now ..

iCoPuLaTe
14-08-2009, 06:30 AM
wow, M and M3 ktv, those were the days, i still remembered some pretty SG chicks from M ktv, angmo yvonne, number 28, 168, 196, 446 , and there's 1 big breast mummy doris i think.
Wonder where the heck are they now ..

Ya, those are the days i really chiong, i was a regular at Dynasty, K1 & k3,not to mention m3.(m i not so often as hv some issues wid ppl there)
Living wid a few ktv hostress @ L40 SummerSpring for bout half a year, then i move to live wid a grp of prostitutes as i work for some OKTs.Story wise, alot, but all connected with drug, test girls skills, but mostly are young girls,below 18 de.Tat time i mostly wid "Gaylang Ling girl, cindy" that group.Age ranging from 15 to 27,15 ppl team, 10 years ago lah.

As for where the heck are they now, some are married to well off ppl living @ Kerbagan semi detach. some mummies started a shop @ orchard, got some old time OKTs and last time ktv girls are stil working wid me.Which is why sometimes i visit some ppl @ gaylang for work, heard ppl there say so many SBF ppl (claimed as heard got special dunno wat?) come asking for young girls, but here in forum i read,many are innocent..
Maybe that's the difference between actual life & behind the computer screen,or really some are good ppl lor.

k,too much liao..OT le..

Niaoren
14-08-2009, 02:10 PM

That's to say marrying a viet costs much lesser than marrying a Singapore girl. How much is the costs for wedding and dowry to pay har? Interested to find out. I suppose the pain comes when you have to give $$$ to viet wife to send to parents every month right. :p

Niaoren
14-08-2009, 02:13 PM

I suppose if you are a heavy smoker and alcoholic yourself, you will not mind the smell right? Else, you sure pissed! Perhaps, you could have asked her to bath and do oral cleansing before you have the session with her. Maybe, she was too drunk then. I am not a smoker nor alcoholic. So I will be pissed if I encounter the same experience as you. :D

leecs
14-08-2009, 03:59 PM
That's to say marrying a viet costs much lesser than marrying a Singapore girl. How much is the costs for wedding and dowry to pay har? Interested to find out. I suppose the pain comes when you have to give $$$ to viet wife to send to parents every month right. :p

I dont think so. It may cost more than a SG girl..

raibo
14-08-2009, 04:24 PM

Did not poke a smoking breathe gal b4. Once i took a gal who smoked twice within 30~40 min. She did not even bother to eat some mint sweet to cover her breathe..

Really cannot tahan when she just next to me..

Xgenre
14-08-2009, 04:58 PM
If it was me, ever since an incident maybe bout 10 years back? when chionging M3 @ gaylang, i grab a ktv girl (tat time still is SG girls) tat drunk + play K go hotel, bang bang happily then the female become merlion..Somemore is about to shoot liao then duno got wat tang hoon or bee hoon, orange white sticky colour water fly on me.

I never kenna merlion before but i got volcano instead. Girl was lying down facing up. When she puke, the vomit rose up from her mouth and flow down both sides of her mouth like how lava flows down a volcano. Damn disgusting. Got to quickly tilt her head so that she doesn't choke on her vomit. If she does choke... I can't imagine myself doing CPR on her. Heng I don't need to.

naemlo
14-08-2009, 05:51 PM
That's to say marrying a viet costs much lesser than marrying a Singapore girl.

This depends a lot.... SG wife works n does contribute a bit to the family.

How much is the costs for wedding and dowry to pay har? Interested to find out. I suppose the pain comes when you have to give $$$ to viet wife to send to parents every month right. :p

I asked a lao jiao b4, he mentioned there is no fix for dowry. To send monthly depends on your wife's parents whether they have a decent job or business. If your wife's dad drinks n mum gambles whole day, then confirm needs to send monthly over regularly. :D

Old Bird
14-08-2009, 09:09 PM
If it was bang bang happily then the female become merlion..Somemore is about to shoot liao then duno got wat tang hoon or bee hoon, orange white sticky colour water fly on me..:(
L

Erm, heavy smoker still ok lah, jus not some that morning wake up the mouth dunno i think is dry after the night sleep got the smell..hahaha, i admit sometime my own mouth morning i wake up also smell so bad..

wah lan, Bro, if merlion vomit, the smell really stink.

SingViet
15-08-2009, 12:39 PM
This depends a lot.... SG wife works n does contribute a bit to the family.
I asked a lao jiao b4, he mentioned there is no fix for dowry. To send monthly depends on your wife's parents whether they have a decent job or business. If your wife's dad drinks n mum gambles whole day, then confirm needs to send monthly over regularly. :D

I do agree on the fact that if brothers marry Singapore Gals, they will be able to contribute to family income. So the burden for brothers will not be so heavy. If you marry Viet gals, majority of them cannot work in Singapore as they are tied down by limitations like language, culture, educational level etc. Sending money back to their family monthly is required and often, they will also have special requests. So burden will be heavy.

But besides these monetary issues, the difference in how viet gals and local gals treat their husband is great. So it depends on whether are you prepared to have a heavier burden in exchange for better treatment ? Different brothers have different needs and have different ideas, to each their own ;)

Hurricane88
15-08-2009, 04:11 PM
I do agree on the fact that if brothers marry Singapore Gals, they will be able to contribute to family income. So the burden for brothers will not be so heavy. If you marry Viet gals, majority of them cannot work in Singapore as they are tied down by limitations like language, culture, educational level etc. Sending money back to their family monthly is required and often, they will also have special requests. So burden will be heavy.

But besides these monetary issues, the difference in how viet gals and local gals treat their husband is great. So it depends on whether are you prepared to have a heavier burden in exchange for better treatment ? Different brothers have different needs and have different ideas, to each their own ;)

Sin spouse can help only if they want to work and dun wan to stay home...they also will not work if hubby is rich...vn spouse can wait and serve hubby like our past older generations or baba...hubby treated like head of family...:)

justin
16-08-2009, 05:05 PM
Can anybody help?

After her stay in singapore(after Extension of Short Term Visit Pass) and went back vietnam.Must wait how long then she can come to singapore again?

SingViet
16-08-2009, 07:07 PM
Can anybody help?

Tell her to forget about it la. High chance she will be doing a U turn at the airport :D

justin
16-08-2009, 08:32 PM
But why?

This is the first time she coming singapore.

David_Villa
16-08-2009, 08:38 PM
But why?

This is the first time she coming singapore.

Bro SV is just joking with u. :)

GLHunter
16-08-2009, 08:54 PM
Sin spouse can help only if they want to work and dun wan to stay home...they also will not work if hubby is rich...vn spouse can wait and serve hubby like our past older generations or baba...hubby treated like head of family...:)

waa.. every man's dream! :D

albert141
16-08-2009, 08:55 PM

Wah lau eh! 125 million VND is more than 10k SGD at current exchange rates!

* faints *

ives08
17-08-2009, 12:16 AM
Guys, i have been reading this thread for 1 month and i have yet to read finish - i'm still at page 340.

But i would like to share my experience in VN too.

I actually recently just got back from Hanoi/Hai Phong - it was a free n easy with my friend - a guy.

5Nights free and easy and we have made 6 friends along the trip.

Met 1 girl at a Bubble Tea shop in Hai Phong - age 18
Met 2 girls at a Billard Club, Hai Phong - age 22 & 23.
Met 3 girls in Hanoi in a restaurant, they were siting beside us - age 24

<1> Bubble Tea Girl - 18yo
We saw a 泡泡茶 signboard and decided to try out bubbletea in Vn, but when we entered the shop, their menu were in Vnese - sian diao.... In the mist of looking lost, one of the Vn waitress spoke chinese - decent simple chinese, and we were happy about it. bla bla bla - cut the story short - we asked her if she could bring us around Hai Phong and she said she is not working tomorrow. So she brought us around the whole day - breaksfast,lunch,dinner + sightseeing. From my experience that day, she does not seems as "evil" as what you guys have mentioned here - izzit bcos HCM girls are different from them? We exchanged email and hp with her.

<2>Billard Club girls - 22yo/23yo
On our last day in Hai Phong, we decided to check out the billlard club which we have always been walking past. bla bla bla - cut the story short - we met 2 girls there and they could speak very very simple english words - which we could still make simple communication - not so bad la. After realising that we're here in VN without a guide, they offered to bring us around in Town in their motorbikes and have breaksfast next monday. Jialat, we suppose to leave HaiPhong to Hanoi taking the Bus (40K VN dong) next early morning. But we decided to push back our departure and agreed to meet these 2 lovely girls tml. We keep our valuables back in hotel and brought out min cash - just in case. Well, nothing fearful happened - siting in their bikes was a very interesting experience too, and we had breaksfast at some cafe, which i could see alot of young peeps dinning there too. After they sent us back to our hotel, they asked for our email and hp contact, which we did provide.

<3> Restaurant girls - age 24, 24 & 24.
My Vn guy friend from Hanoi wanted to bring me to a local famous rest for dinner. I met 3 very pretty girls in the restaurant - and i personally fancy one of them - in orange dress. I can't help it but to discreetly look at her. Eventually, i told my Vn friend to order the Strawberry Wine Bottle - about 350K Vn Dong. And told him to bring the bottle to their table and tell the girls that the waiter must have make a mistake and this bottle ought to be for you girls. And walla, they could speak good english, better than my vn guy friend. We started to converse in english and i realised these 3 are educated VN OLs - 3 of them all degree one, working in the finance industry.... After dinner, they told us they had to go for a celebration party in some cafeteria, so we exchanged contacts.

When i came back, i keep thinking about that girl in orange dress. haha, i think i tio KCed liao... LOLx..... It has been 3 weeks, but i have yet to contact them - been controlling myself.

Meanwhile, the 2 billard girls keep sending me emails and even send me a sms to ask why i nv reply them email.. i was like WTF!?!?! Anyway, i reply to them occasionally and have installed Yahoo Messenger to converse with them when i'm online. They keep asking me to go back to Hai Phong.

Ok, i have yet to come across information on VN OLs, but any comments from your seniors - like SingViet, Sha Gua, casannova03, Kang Tao and etc.

I would like to ask a few questions - how much would an avg 24yo graduate earns in Hanoi - i know you guys been mentioned more towards HCM.

I heard it is around 800-100 USD/month?
Izzit advisable to chase this orange-girl
If yes, how should i go about it and what precaution should i have first?

And i must say, i'm very impressed with VN girls - they are mostly fair with nice complexion depsite riding the bike under the hot sun. And most of them have relatively big boobs. Almsot everywhere i go, i see big boobs.. lolx...

Hurricane88
17-08-2009, 10:12 AM
<3> Restaurant girls - age 24, 24 & 24.
My Vn guy friend from Hanoi wanted to bring me to a local famous rest for dinner. I met 3 very pretty girls in the restaurant - and i personally fancy one of them - in orange dress. I can't help it but to discreetly look at her. Eventually, i told my Vn friend to order the Strawberry Wine Bottle - about 350K Vn Dong. And told him to bring the bottle to their table and tell the girls that the waiter must have make a mistake and this bottle ought to be for you girls. And walla, they could speak good english, better than my vn guy friend. We started to converse in english and i realised these 3 are educated VN OLs - 3 of them all degree one, working in the finance industry.... After dinner, they told us they had to go for a celebration party in some cafeteria, so we exchanged contacts.

When i came back, i keep thinking about that girl in orange dress. haha, i think i tio KCed liao... LOLx..... It has been 3 weeks, but i have yet to contact them - been controlling myself.

Meanwhile, the 2 billard girls keep sending me emails and even send me a sms to ask why i nv reply them email.. i was like WTF!?!?! Anyway, i reply to them occasionally and have installed Yahoo Messenger to converse with them when i'm online. They keep asking me to go back to Hai Phong.

Ok, i have yet to come across information on VN OLs, but any comments from your seniors - like SingViet, Sha Gua, casannova03, Kang Tao and etc.

I would like to ask a few questions - how much would an avg 24yo graduate earns in Hanoi - i know you guys been mentioned more towards HCM.

And i must say, i'm very impressed with VN girls - they are mostly fair with nice complexion depsite riding the bike under the hot sun. And most of them have relatively big boobs. Almsot everywhere i go, i see big boobs.. lolx...

Thank you for sharing...

What you have met are non WL which was the main topic of all the con cases and advisable to go after one of these OL...these are decent gals and good spouse material if you developed the relationship properly...propose that you communicate with the gal using technology such as online chat, SMS, phone...and try to arrange to meet up with her accompany you during your stay in Vn...generally Vn gals are very frenly ppl...

A graduate may earn between USD200 to 1000K depends on the type of work they are in...of course they may have alot of other part time jobs to supplement their incomes...

As for boobs, most Vn gals boobs will not be extra huge unless fake because they are not built big compared to other nationalities...you may be able to get cup A to B and rarely C cup...:)

Above are just my view on Vn gals but I haven't been to Hanoi or Hai Phong so may no be accurate...:)

naemlo
17-08-2009, 11:00 AM

A normal 24 yrs old graduate earns about 200-500USD. Take your time to observe her and welcome to Hanoi.

MicroTommy
17-08-2009, 10:52 PM
sorry to hijack this thread...but it looks to me that many bros here have been to vietnam or having a vietnam ba xa....so i am thinking maybe u guys are quite good in vietnamese especially those with ba xa ones....just wondering can u help me to translate this sms....actually is from my ba xa also....just that i don't want her to know that she send this msg to me by mistake...

sao roi chi?

many thanks in advance!!!

naemlo
17-08-2009, 11:07 PM
sao roi chi?

"how abt u". She sent wrong msg to u. Cos "Chi" should be for elder female.

MicroTommy
17-08-2009, 11:19 PM
"how abt u". She sent wrong msg to u. Cos "Chi" should be for elder female.

thanks for the quick translation....

Hurricane88
18-08-2009, 10:35 AM
thanks for the quick translation....

wrong thread...post your questions or translation in this thread "Tieng Viet Lovers Club".....:)

jackbl
18-08-2009, 10:55 AM
No need to have ba xa also can be good in vietnamese too.... Some have bx who can speak mandarin or english, dun know much vietnamese cos they dun bother to learn since their partner can comm wit them in local languages :D
....so i am thinking maybe u guys are quite good in vietnamese especially those with ba xa ones....

jackbl
18-08-2009, 11:48 AM
Since no one reply, i kaypo a bit. IMHO I think the money she brought must be able cover her expenses in sgp.... Hotel=$100 per day; Transport; Food, etc...
If ICA want to check her cash, it is best to hv S$1500-$2000.

Can anybody help?

SingViet
18-08-2009, 05:56 PM
Since no one reply, i kaypo a bit. IMHO I think the money she brought must be able cover her expenses in sgp.... Hotel=$100 per day; Transport; Food, etc...
If ICA want to check her cash, it is best to hv S$1500-$2000.

not don't want to reply but damm busy for past weeks. Log in forum only once or twice a day, but no time to reply most of the time :D

Hurricane88
18-08-2009, 07:10 PM
not don't want to reply but damm busy for past weeks. Log in forum only once or twice a day, but no time to reply most of the time :D

Too many posts on this topic liao...just have to search the thread and answers will be found...:)

KangTuo
19-08-2009, 12:02 AM

First step taken. Filled in form14 and send in...
cross finger, pray hard

chanyboy
19-08-2009, 12:08 AM
Wah lau eh! 125 million VND is more than 10k SGD at current exchange rates!

* faints *

yeah..fainted. I heard of 500...:eek:

ives08
19-08-2009, 12:24 AM
A normal 24 yrs old graduate earns about 200-500USD. Take your time to observe her and welcome to Hanoi.

Thanks for the quick information.

When we were introduced after the 3 girls accepted our strawberry wine, the girl dressed in orange asks me her first 2 questions:

<1> Where are you guys from? - i replied Singapore, from a boring country.
<2> Are you married? - i was taken back awhile, and i told her i am single.

After that, she asks about our jobs - what industries we are working in. I was quite surprised bcos, the previous 2 groups of girls that we met, did not ask us such questions.

So i guess dating a OL might be a harder target after all?

Anyway, i have sent her an email liao - let's see how it goes.

I would like to ask a few more questions about Vn culture.

<1> What is the norm age for VN OL girls to get married?
<2> Izzit normal for girls to pop that question when we first meet - are you married?
<3> I think i ought to go and visit her to see how things are - which month in Hanoi would be a relatively cooler period?
<4> when i'm there, should i try to act poor - i.e not going for all the expensive place.

Thanks.

VietnamLover
19-08-2009, 04:39 PM
<2> Izzit normal for girls to pop that question when we first meet - are you married?
<3> I think i ought to go and visit her to see how things are - which month in Hanoi would be a relatively cooler period?
<4> when i'm there, should i try to act poor - i.e not going for all the expensive place.

1) For Vietnamese office lady, the normal average age for them to get married is from 25 years old onwards unlike the countryside women who may get married from 20 years old onwards. I have some Vietnamese female friends in HCMC who got married at 25, 26 or 27.

2) It depends for different women. They will ask you in different ways like 'Do you have any girlfriend?', 'Do you come to Vietnam to see your girlfriend?', etc.

3) Hanoi has 4 seasons which is similar to China, Korea or Japan. So from December till March is cool period of around 10 degrees to 20 degrees.

4) No need to act poor or rich. Just be yourself. Try not to go for expensive places all the time. Once in a while is ok. Cheap places are also ok.

naemlo
19-08-2009, 06:40 PM
So i guess dating a OL might be a harder target after all?

Of cos OL is more difficult than WL... if u r looking for real love, OL will be a safer bet. Of cos there r good n bad OL, good n bad WL.

I have talked to my customers in Hanoi. Most of them mentioned abt 25 yrs for gers in Hanoi.

Never encounter this b4 in Hanoi or HCMC.

Later part of Oct.

No need to act... most viet gers dun always go ex places.

iCoPuLaTe
20-08-2009, 05:14 AM
[QUOTE=SingViet;4011724]I the difference in how viet gals and local gals treat their husband is great. [QUOTE]

I totally agree, my buddy tat hv a viet wife everyday like king, his wife 老公前,老公后,(his wife chinese not so good,english also sound abit slurring?)reach home help him take of socks & bring slippers, prepare food & lay dinner nice nice wait for we guys for dinner..somemore not spendtrift, i hv seen many fren's wife..personelly i tink to treat guys better are, 1) viet then 2) thai wifes...prc erm... stil can lah..but of cos i hv also seen some bad from viet, after get PR and of cos pampered by husband, often kpkb...but again, on the whole still better then alot.Its boils down to the nature,characteristic of the girl bah.

Me,my fiancee & other buddies & wife(all local), all see the viet wife treat her SG husband(buddy) till eyes big big,sometime unbelivable 体贴, shed chicken meat for him,cut fishball into smaller pieces etc...when we guys all ask for same treatment, sg females all ganged up say "night sleep dun find sissors under pillow good liao lor, ask for so much.":p:D sigh....

ekemono
20-08-2009, 07:25 AM
Yes. Most viet wife do treat their husband better.
I am a lazy eater so the wife always peel off prawn shell and QC the fish meat of bones before putting it onto my rice plate. But those royal treatment like take out shoes/socks for me and bring my slippers that one dun have la.
Maybe if I strike 4D then she'll do that :p Wahahaha...

I appreciate her for her thoughtfulness

Hurricane88
20-08-2009, 11:56 AM
[QUOTE=SingViet;4011724]I the difference in how viet gals and local gals treat their husband is great. [QUOTE]

I totally agree, my buddy tat hv a viet wife everyday like king, his wife 老公前,老公后,(his wife chinese not so good,english also sound abit slurring?)reach home help him take of socks & bring slippers, prepare food & lay dinner nice nice wait for we guys for dinner..somemore not spendtrift, i hv seen many fren's wife..personelly i tink to treat guys better are, 1) viet then 2) thai wifes...prc erm... stil can lah..but of cos i hv also seen some bad from viet, after get PR and of cos pampered by husband, often kpkb...but again, on the whole still better then alot.Its boils down to the nature,characteristic of the girl bah.

Me,my fiancee & other buddies & wife(all local), all see the viet wife treat her SG husband(buddy) till eyes big big,sometime unbelivable 体贴, shed chicken meat for him,cut fishball into smaller pieces etc...when we guys all ask for same treatment, sg females all ganged up say "night sleep dun find sissors under pillow good liao lor, ask for so much.":p:D sigh....

I am a lazy eater so the wife always peel off prawn shell and QC the fish meat of bones before putting it onto my rice plate. But those royal treatment like take out shoes/socks for me and bring my slippers that one dun have la.
Maybe if I strike 4D then she'll do that :p Wahahaha...

I appreciate her for her thoughtfulness

hahaha...that is why good Viet wife is precious...when I am in HCM, I am treated like that...:)

happy000
20-08-2009, 12:22 PM
When I was in PRC recently when my gf call me 老公前,老公后 I became worried as I know my pocket will burn a hole. For PRC when the gal is too good to you, you need to be careful of your pocket :D

I totally agree, my buddy tat hv a viet wife everyday like king, his wife 老公前,老公后,(his wife chinese not so good,english also sound abit slurring?)

SingViet
20-08-2009, 08:47 PM
When I was in PRC recently when my gf call me 老公前,老公后 I became worried as I know my pocket will burn a hole. For PRC when the gal is too good to you, you need to be careful of your pocket :D

i do agree that i will get a bit scared if the lady whom i am not officially married too calls me 老公前,老公后. This means i will be burning a hole in my pocket soon. :D

jackbl
21-08-2009, 12:04 AM
When i heard viet gal using handphone and talk to the guy at the other end of the phone, calling him ONG XA and address herself as BA XA, I want to laugh and vomit.... They really can XAO NHIEU NHIEU
i do agree that i will get a bit scared if the lady whom i am not officially married too calls me 老公前,老公后. This means i will be burning a hole in my pocket soon. :D

maxrex
21-08-2009, 11:29 AM

Sure, a lot of Vietnamese wives are great in taking care of their husbands. My Hanoian wife always shell the prawns and also pull out the bones from cooked fish. If I want any drink, I will tell her and she will make the drink and bring it to me. She will also cut my fingernails and toenails every 2 weeks. What more can I ask for? ;)

Hurricane88
21-08-2009, 11:39 AM
Sure, a lot of Vietnamese wives are great in taking care of their husbands. My Hanoian wife always shell the prawns and also pull out the bones from cooked fish. If I want any drink, I will tell her and she will make the drink and bring it to me. She will also cut my fingernails and toenails every 2 weeks. What more can I ask for? ;)

Actually this culture existed in my parents generations and older generations...but lost due to modernization and westernization...so Vnese still has this culture and who knows how long this will last and maybe lost in future generations...so enjoy while you have it....:)

Did your baxa help to ensure you eat enough before she gets to eat...:)

iCoPuLaTe
23-08-2009, 04:31 AM
[
hahaha...that is why good Viet wife is precious...when I am in HCM, I am treated like that...:)
Yup, when i go other buddies to attend this buddy(marry viet wife) ceremony, see till eyes big big..then during the drink tea/kopi session under tree, stil got massage, feeling so the good..Wanted to try bed a girl there but friend advice not to, wait kanna chop to pieces..

Men there seems quite gd life, everyday sit below tree drinking tea/kopi, then wife tend shop..Know a taiwan guy tat open the pawn shop there also say, he say 1, his viet wife will never ever say 1.5:D reach home sure got food follow by massage & sex..

iCoPuLaTe
23-08-2009, 04:43 AM

Hmm..i think it depends cos i interact wid many prc girls as my work needs me,like year 08, total time in china is bout 5 months, some are really good,some bad but many seems sex starved.. Maybe ur gf really into u lea, or u can see her inner self liao..?

Be a player, make her earn $ for u lor..

SingViet
23-08-2009, 05:38 AM
Be a player, make her earn $ for u lor..

i totally disagree with this. If you are serious with that particular lady, educate her and let her know that money don't fall from the skies in Singapore. As for other gals, just fuck, pay and let go. Its not a good idea to make the gal earn money for you while you sit back and relax. Too many viet man are doing this. Asian man have to maintain some pride ;)

iCoPuLaTe
23-08-2009, 06:20 AM
i totally disagree with this. If you are serious with that particular lady, educate her and let her know that money don't fall from the skies in Singapore. As for other gals, just fuck, pay and let go. Its not a good idea to make the gal earn money for you while you sit back and relax. Too many viet man are doing this. Asian man have to maintain some pride ;)

Yes, i too agree wid your views, we stil hv pride, need face.Must be me type too fast without thinking, or think the "eat lo to" way..No sleep?

SingViet
23-08-2009, 08:17 AM
Yes, i too agree wid your views, we stil hv pride, need face.Must be me type too fast without thinking, or think the "eat lo to" way..No sleep?

Let me relate an incident to illustrate how useless and timid are vietnamese man. Back in 2005 when my wife was running the Frog Porridge business in Q7, Tan my, my wife's brother came to assist us with the business. As i ply between HCMC and Singapore often, my bike will be left at the shop for my wife to use when i am back in Singapore. My bike is a bigger scooter, the Yamaha Majesty. My wife was busy at the kitchen and she needed something from the main branch, which is around 10 mins by bike. So she requested that her brother ride my bike to help her, but the brother replied that he didn't dare to ride such a big bike. My wife was damm pissed. She finally had to ride the bike back herself. If my wife can ride that bike, how come the brother cannot ride? Typical uselss vietnamese man from the province. :D

chen_zhen
23-08-2009, 09:48 AM
Its not a good idea to make the gal earn money for you while you sit back and relax. Too many viet man are doing this. Asian man have to maintain some pride ;)

This is a very good statement, is true we must maintain that we r not 'sickman of the east' :)

Hurricane88
23-08-2009, 11:34 AM
Let me relate an incident to illustrate how useless and timid are vietnamese man. Back in 2005 when my wife was running the Frog Porridge business in Q7, Tan my, my wife's brother came to assist us with the business. As i ply between HCMC and Singapore often, my bike will be left at the shop for my wife to use when i am back in Singapore. My bike is a bigger scooter, the Yamaha Majesty. My wife was busy at the kitchen and she needed something from the main branch, which is around 10 mins by bike. So she requested that her brother ride my bike to help her, but the brother replied that he didn't dare to ride such a big bike. My wife was damm pissed. She finally had to ride the bike back herself. If my wife can ride that bike, how come the brother cannot ride? Typical uselss vietnamese man from the province. :D

Hahaha...a typical case of good for nothing male vn man...heard alot of them just keep asking their mum and sisters for money...or try to coerce the mum to ask sisters to buy motorbike or mobile phones...after buying within 3 months also sold and money down the drain....:)

ekemono
23-08-2009, 12:22 PM
If we ever had to make our wife, be it any nationalities to earn money for us, it is a sure way of asking her to leave you sooner or later.
Asian will always regards the men to be the main breadwinner, it is your essential role and capability in life.

chen_zhen
24-08-2009, 08:53 AM
or try to coerce the mum to ask sisters to buy motorbike or mobile phones...after buying within 3 months also sold and money down the drain....:)

The sisters in turns will pressurise their foreign husbands for the $$$ to send back to vn.

Many bros here are the victims of circumstances ........:mad:

jackbl
24-08-2009, 09:11 AM
Congrats to you for finding a good wife and really envy u :D

KangTuo
24-08-2009, 04:42 PM
My galfriend knowing that I am not able to legally marry her now, she asked me to have a customary wedding first as to fulfill her old parents wish. She wanted it by this year, but I told her my situation (kept from her for 3 years liao), so we agree to hold it in early 2010.

No need to have a resturant wedding in HCMC or her home town, Mekong. She request just to go through a customary and have a lunch in her house at Mekong. Cooking by family only.

She say she can wait for me to settle my divorce (3 or 4 years seperation) before legalizing the marriage with her.

What esle can i ask for, I have to agree to her proposal. :D and :(