PDA

View Full Version : Liverpool Fc @ Anfield - Reds Supporters Gatherings

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 [131] 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155

PaulMerson
29-01-2019, 04:30 PM
With Man City playing one day earlier, I predicted Liverpool win to maintain 4 points advantage.

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/15205/11620218/paul-mersons-premier-league-predictions

ThisIsMelwood
30-01-2019, 06:12 AM
With Man City playing one day earlier, I predicted Liverpool win to maintain 4 points advantage.

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/15205/11620218/paul-mersons-premier-league-predictions

Newcastle did Liverpool a favour by beating Man City this morning.

escobar43535
30-01-2019, 08:45 AM
Rafa is magic he wears a magic hat, when he was asked to beat Man City he said i fancy that:D

Love ya Rafa and his Geordie boys! And now the game is once again afoot, literally:cool:

We've conceded 13 goals in 23 games.

City cannot possibly overhaul us if we keep that going - to win the title VVD, Alisson need to stay fit, not forgetting Salah upfront for the goals as well.

It's not over, far from it, because like Pep said it is still January not March/April/May... but it is well and truly in our own hands.

We must capitalise on this great result tonight:cool:

BELIEVE

P. S. 'Paul Merson' please don't jinx us mate:p

francined69
30-01-2019, 08:58 AM
We need to take advantage of the loss by MC and open the gap again.

Xgenre
30-01-2019, 02:31 PM
Massive win by Newcastle. They are now 5 points clear of the 3rd relegation spot. Man City's next 2 matches are home to Arsenal and away to Everton. They may jolly well drop points too. It will be quite interesting if Everton beats them and we win the league as a result. :D

LeeHsienLoong
30-01-2019, 04:27 PM
100% focus should be on the game and nothing else.

pomrakthai
31-01-2019, 05:24 AM
Shit...last second of the first half let in a goal. Afterall, Allison isn't brilliant and still have the habit of dribbling past opponents, playing with fire

Pom thinks that the fucking referee is biased. 2 penalties denied. :mad::mad:

francined69
31-01-2019, 06:09 AM
Final score 1-1

1 point earned and we have a 5 point lead.

pomrakthai
31-01-2019, 06:43 AM
IMHO, Leicester has a better goalie :mad:

Looking at the game, Keita is not good at all, should have Fabinho played full game instead of Keita. Lallana was also a passenger, should have been sold and discarded long ago.

escobar43535
31-01-2019, 06:50 AM
Point gained on City but two dropped.

Leicester had a plan and executed it brilliantly. Definite pen on Keita and arguably Maguire should have walked.

The team managing the Anfield nerves will be vital in the run in.

Thought it was a mistake taking Keita off for Lallana though. He was starting to influence things just before he was hooked.

Also, nevermind going to Dubai for warm weather training, should have just stayed at home and trained normally!

To sum up:

• Nerves got the better of us.
• Robertson's mistake cost us.
• Leicester fully deserved a point.
• Can’t wait for TAA & Gomez to come back.
• Fabinho needs to start every game.
• Still top of the league.
• 5 points clear.
• 14 games to go.
• West Ham (A), next, we go again.

BELIEVE

sex crusader
31-01-2019, 07:41 AM
We need to take advantage of the loss by MC and open the gap again.

Too bad!old habits die hard! :eek:

Firmino
31-01-2019, 08:42 AM
The formation did not work. Too much open spaces in the midfield and we allowed Leicester to bypass easily.

Upfront was messy with 4 players crowding. Leicester were compact and that force our players to run into one another.

We extend the lead which is important. Target an improvement in the next match.

escobar43535
01-02-2019, 12:39 PM
Had a look at the table this morning and was surprised that even though Spurs have lost 6 matches thus far this season, we are only 7 points ahead of them. As for City, they have lost 4 matches thus far and we are only 5 points ahead of them.

Note we have lost just 1 match thus far this season. Points difference between us and the above two is frustrating considering this fact:(

Xgenre
01-02-2019, 05:12 PM
Note we have lost just 1 match thus far this season. Points difference between us and the above two is frustrating considering this fact:(

We drew too often. I will like us to sign Son Heung Min. Speedy, with an age for a pass and scores many goals too. He will strengthen us while weakening Spurs. Plus he no longer need to serve NS. His wages will be self-funded by his image rights in Asia.

terror03
02-02-2019, 01:55 PM
Worrying news on injury crisis as Gomez maybe facing surgery and Lovern facing setback during recovery.

CB crisis for upcoming premier league and champion's league as VVD as also suspended for 1st leg against Bayern.

escobar43535
02-02-2019, 11:07 PM
We drew too often. I will like us to sign Son Heung Min. Speedy, with an age for a pass and scores many goals too. He will strengthen us while weakening Spurs. Plus he no longer need to serve NS. His wages will be self-funded by his image rights in Asia.

Oh man Spurs and Son strike again:eek:

Never seen a team win or lose but never draw, unbelievable streak!

This is turning out to be an unusual and extraordinarily competitive title race season!

We really need to bounce back against West Ham on Monday and get back on track.

Our regular defence formation which has brought us to the top is unfortunately being severly tested by injuries but Klopp just needs to find the right solutions.

Perhaps Jurgen should even consider unleashing our front 3 and revert back to our high intensity high scoring gegenpressing game of last season with a 433 to offset our current defensive problems. Might just work temporarily while waiting for our defence injuries to sort out, as other teams shall not be expecting this based on our current 4231 style of play.

ThisIsMelwood
03-02-2019, 01:34 PM
This is turning out to be an unusual and extraordinarily competitive title race season!

We really need to bounce back against West Ham on Monday and get back on track.

Our regular defence formation which has brought us to the top is unfortunately being severly tested by injuries but Klopp just needs to find the right solutions.

Perhaps Jurgen should even consider unleashing our front 3 and revert back to our high intensity high scoring gegenpressing game of last season with a 433 to offset our current defensive problems. Might just work temporarily while waiting for our defence injuries to sort out, as other teams shall not be expecting this based on our current 4231 style of play.

Let us enjoy the ride and hope for the best.

Nothing we can worry too much.

Hope for special season.

WankJanice
03-02-2019, 01:54 PM

Hope for special season.

Bro, this is going to be that year after 28 years and 273 days!
Just stay strong and keep that defence tight.
The title is now yours to loose. Keep winning and no one can touch you!...

YNWA - In case you never knew, this song was from a 1945 Musical called Carousel and it's all about perserverence.

https://youtu.be/1izigJX1pxI

ThisIsMelwood
03-02-2019, 06:27 PM
Bro, this is going to be that year after 28 years and 273 days!
Just stay strong and keep that defence tight.
The title is now yours to loose. Keep winning and no one can touch you!...

YNWA - In case you never knew, this song was from a 1945 Musical called Carousel and it's all about perserverence.

]

Win or lose left 14 games and answer shall prevail.

I like the way Klopp is handling the players and dun talk too much. Unlike MC talking and playing mind games. Watch each week and game unfold.

escobar43535
03-02-2019, 07:15 PM

Hope for special season.
Let’s see how Klopp sets up his back 4 and midfield which was our recipe for success so far this season.

Managing wins with a solid defense;)

BELIEVE :cool:

P. S. I grew up watching our golden period from Shankly's last season through to King Kenny and have than been suffering for 28 barren years without a title, so please indulge an old codger's frustrations:o:D

WankJanice
03-02-2019, 08:34 PM
Let’s see how Klopp sets up his back 4 and midfield which was our recipe for success so far this season.

Managing wins with a solid defense;)

BELIEVE :cool:

P. S. I grew up watching our golden period from Shankly's last season through to King Kenny and have than been suffering for 28 barren years without a title, so please indulge an old codger's frustrations:o:D

Bro, just Believe! It will be your CNY present....
Kloop will do it!!

Cheers

francined69
03-02-2019, 09:08 PM
MC is also under pressure now as Spurs has gained no.2 spot.

agreed Son would fit nicely into our squad and probably score plenty of goals too.

i'm hoping Arsenal can do use a favor by drawing the game with MC.

LeeHsienLoong
03-02-2019, 10:31 PM
Feeling very irritated watching United boss Leicester at King Power stadium while we struggle to beat Leicester at Anfield.

francined69
04-02-2019, 02:28 PM
looks like we need a strong showing and 3 points at West Ham to keep the gap at 5 points.

Dirk Kuyt
04-02-2019, 06:38 PM
Tonight another tough game as Pellegrini said he gonna park the bus...... because Liverpool is too good to play against. :D

Firmino
04-02-2019, 09:24 PM
Joe Gomez will need an operation. This is a huge blow to our team.

sex crusader
04-02-2019, 09:40 PM
Hopefully to get at least a point!:o

escobar43535
05-02-2019, 12:35 AM
On a side note the way Pellegrini is talking about giving a hand to City, why don't they just forfeit their game against City when the time comes. I'm sure that that will go down well with their fanbase:rolleyes::D

LeeHsienLoong
05-02-2019, 05:55 AM
2 games.
2 mistakes.
4 points down the drain.

xxxdreamer
05-02-2019, 06:04 AM
lost of form...need to match mc tit for tat for the remaining games.

francined69
05-02-2019, 06:05 AM
disappointed with another 1-1 draw, another 2 points lost. now 3 points ahead of MC.

Liverpool did not play well against a well packed Hammers defence. have a feeling the Liverpool players are very slow in the buildup play which gave the Hammers chance to pack in their defenders into the box. our midfield selection was not effective.

Liverpool defending is also starting to show their weakness. How we could have left a big gap on the left when West Ham took the free kick? AB showed have at least tried to save the shot from Antonio but stood there like a brick.

West Ham free kick was very innovative and they did that several times in the game to fool the Liverpool defence.

escobar43535
05-02-2019, 08:18 AM
Our back four was our winning formula, unfortunately it went through injuries disruption, the sooner we remedy this situation the better opportunity we have to try and win the title.

Said this before and shall say it again, maybe we should go back to playing gengenpressing till Lovren and Trent come back?

Anyways, I have always felt that this would go to the wire. Wouldn't be surprised that we jag it on the last day of the season.

However, my biggest concern is that we have not played well for over a month now. A lot of that down to key personnel being injured but we have also lost our mojo for some reason?

I still have faith but we really need to have a good win against Bournemouth. Because the next league game after that is a real worry for me!

Like to end here with some comments on Keita. He is class, no doubt. Even that pass to Origi at the end, no one else in the team can do that. Some lovely flicks, sold Fredericks with a class dummy turn....step overs came about last night too...Unfortunately, then there is the other part where he loses it or doesn't release it earlier.

BELIEVE

P. S. Maybe we should have brought Crouchy back as an alternative option for our attack:D

countryman
05-02-2019, 08:26 AM
Pool will not win the title for sure this season! They are cracking up already.
U look @their performances lately n it clearly shows they are not champion material...

WankJanice
05-02-2019, 09:51 AM
Our back four was our winning formula, unfortunately it went through injuries disruption, the sooner we remedy this situation the better opportunity we have to try and win the title.

Said this before and shall say it again, maybe we should go back to playing gengenpressing till Lovren and Trent come back?

Anyways, I have always felt that this would go to the wire. Wouldn't be surprised that we jag it on the last day of the season.

However, my biggest concern is that we have not played well for over a month now. A lot of that down to key personnel being injured but we have also lost our mojo for some reason?

I still have faith but we really need to have a good win against Bournemouth. Because the next league game after that is a real worry for me!

Like to end here with some comments on Keita. He is class, no doubt. Even that pass to Origi at the end, no one else in the team can do that. Some lovely flicks, sold Fredericks with a class dummy turn....step overs came about last night too...Unfortunately, then there is the other part where he loses it or doesn't release it earlier.

BELIEVE

P. S. Maybe we should have brought Crouchy back as an alternative option for our attack:D

Bro,
definitely Keita is statrting to show his class but also his lack of continued focus. The free kick goal happened because he lost focus for a split-second and Antonio was away and ..

Frankiestine
05-02-2019, 10:25 AM
it undeniably the team is starting to buckle under pressure, looking at the last few matches, the wins will not overly convincing....just hope they can drag themselves through to the finishing line..

Firmino
05-02-2019, 12:00 PM
Salah is better on the wing. During the first 45 minutes he was surrounded by defenders and was missing.

Firmino and Mane dropped deep to move the ball forward which means the lack of creativity is shocking. The OX is missed but we have squad depth in terms of Keita but he is not up to full steam yet.

The match showed how much we missed Henderson and Wijnaldum. The defense is not stable as I'm unhappy on how Alisson allowed West Ham to score and Klopp have to admit one of his biggest mistakes was allowing Clyne to leave on loan.

francined69
05-02-2019, 12:30 PM
We had a stellar month of December in which the wins and max points propelled us to the no.1 spot over taking MC.

Start of 2019 the lost to MC was not a good start. Injuries to the back is starting to take its toll and how some players are sorely missed. I'm hoping Ox can come back sooner and bring in new energy to the team.

Yes letting the experienced Clyne out on loan was a mistake. We cannot afford to drop any more points in the next few matches.

Beretta
05-02-2019, 01:45 PM
it undeniably the team is starting to buckle under pressure, looking at the last few matches, the wins will not overly convincing....just hope they can drag themselves through to the finishing line..

I hope history dun repeat itself...... during Benitez time Liverpool was leading the pack with only 2 games lost and 7 pts lead..... but in the final stretch they DRAW 11 games to end up runners-up that season.

francined69
05-02-2019, 03:28 PM
let's hope Everton and Chelsea put pressure on Man City as well.

we have our own work cut out too. away match to MU will be tough.

escobar43535
06-02-2019, 12:44 PM
Some good news for a change!

Jurgen Klopp has moved to cheer up Reds everywhere with his Champions League squad inclusion of Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain.

The England international is back training with the first team and should be available in March. He will miss the first leg of the last 16 knockout tie with Bayern Munich but could be in contention for the game in Germany on March 13th.

ThisIsMelwood
06-02-2019, 01:08 PM
Pep talking so many cocks stories. Play heavy minds.

SnowLeopards
06-02-2019, 04:42 PM
News from Merseyside states that Everton fans are more than happy for their team to Lose to City later today.

Good Luck. :D

Pierre.

Sn0wLeopard
06-02-2019, 05:53 PM
News from Merseyside states that Everton fans are more than happy for their team to Lose to City later today.

Good Luck. :D

Pierre.

hey pundeh!
so smart ask Everton to walk over and let Man City wins!
tok cock sing song la pundeh!
:eek::eek:

escobar43535
07-02-2019, 09:22 AM
Guardiola: "The reality, we could have been 10 points behind a month ago, and six/seven days ago we could have been seven behind. Now we are top of the league. What is the lesson? Never give up."

He's right never give up.

You just have to keep going game by game. It’s not a cup competition, there are second and third chances, sometimes even more. The pressure of City has got to the fan base more than the team, we are hysterical at the moment, I am no different, I have been breaking inside all week so far. But now it’s time to stop all the talk and just support the team, really get behind them and see if we can help them back to form.

We’re playing awful and yet we have only lost once and theoretically still have it in our own hands. I know the form suggests this is swinging out of our favour, but all it takes is a moment to spark everything back to life.

Maybe it can be the fans, maybe it can be this weekend, maybe the Champions League games, maybe even Man United. On our day we can beat anyone, we just need to get that fire back in our play.

We’ve been looking over our shoulders too much, clinging onto nothing when we were the leaders. Now that City are ‘top’, the team really has something to fight for.

Every game is dangerous from now until the end of the season. Every team brings their own threat and challenges, so far this season we have found the answer to all but a small handful of games. But what is done is done, what’s more important is the next game.

BELIEVE

sex crusader
07-02-2019, 10:00 AM
Pep talking so many cocks stories. Play heavy minds.

At least city is wining games! From behind 7 points and now top , you gotta give it to them! It's better than leading and now fall behind!city still has a few competitions to fight for unlike pool! Maybe Keita should play right back as klopp likes to multitask his players!

ThisIsMelwood
07-02-2019, 10:12 AM
At least city is wining games! From behind 7 points and now top , you gotta give it to them! It's better than leading and now fall behind!city still has a few competitions to fight for unlike pool! Maybe Keita should play right back as klopp likes to multitask his players!

At the start of campaign nobody gave Liverpool any chance to win title. Man City was favorites and still favorites.

Let Pep talk whatever cock he wanted and when his team lost he still hv plenty to talk.

I just enjoy the ride. Let's just wait for May and see who lift the trophy.

bebe69
07-02-2019, 11:44 AM
I'm a mum of a big Liverpool fan(my son). We watch matches together sometimes. He told me Klopp has been at Liverpool for 4 years but hasnt won anything. Jose(whatever his last name is) was at Man U for 2.5 years and won a couple of trophies but got sacked! Anyways, my question is do you guys think Klopp is really ' the man' for Liverpool?

LeeHsienLoong
07-02-2019, 01:29 PM
Typical Liverpool.
Blew the lead and now have to chase the pack.
Saw the faces of Everton fans when the final whistle went.
It was sick.

escobar43535
07-02-2019, 01:29 PM
I'm a mum of a big Liverpool fan(my son). We watch matches together sometimes. He told me Klopp has been at Liverpool for 4 years but hasnt won anything. Jose(whatever his last name is) was at Man U for 2.5 years and won a couple of trophies but got sacked! Anyways, my question is do you guys think Klopp is really ' the man' for Liverpool?
First of all, let's get some facts straight:

- Klopp has been at Anfield for 3.5 seasons(including the end of this one).

- Mourinho won 2 trophies at Old Trafford and both are insignificant to the Big Clubs nowadays. Heck even Jose himself denigrated the value of one of these himself before he won the same.

- There are only 2 trophies which matter to the Big Clubs nowadays: EPL and Champions League.

- In the 2.5 seasons that Jose was at Man U he never seriously challenged for either the EPL or the CL, let alone win one of them.

- In the 3.5 seasons that Klopp has been at Liverpool, he has seriously challenged for the CL last season(taking us to the Final) and this season it would appear thus far at least that he is seriously challenging for the EPL.

Whichever way you look at it, Jurgen will be going nowhere unless he drops us out of the top 4, and rightly so. Yes, big trophies are needed for Big Clubs but if a manager is fighting for them until the end you don't dump him. It would be stupidity, that is how you might get one of them.

Jurgen is world class, get rid of him whilst we're fighting for the EPL and/or CL would be about the most ridiculous thing ever done.

Let's hope we win the EPL and/or CL this season and end this nonsense once and for all. Also helps certain fans as they seem to have lost their bottle and their minds this season, and some are just whingers no matter what.

Finally, having observed Klopp for close to a decade now one thing I can say with some certainty: if he doesn’t think he is taking Liverpool forward he will leave on his own accord. There will be no need to sack him. That much I am certain. And when all the idiots on social media moan when we get Eddie Howe, then I will just sit back and reflect upon their stupidity.

francined69
07-02-2019, 02:57 PM
i can't think of a better manager for Liverpool than Klopp, and many other clubs would snap at the chance to land Klopp as manager (Bayern Munich or Real Madrid i'm sure will want his services).

FSG is definitely behind Klopp as shown by the club earnings and success in the Champions League and Premier League. And not forgetting the entertaining style of football played which is loved by the fans.

Yes the lack of trophy is the only setback thus far.

Sn0wLe0pards
07-02-2019, 04:35 PM
hey pundeh!
so smart ask Everton to walk over and let Man City wins!
tok cock sing song la pundeh!
:eek::eek:

Hey pundeh, go burn US dollar and rot in hell!
People tok cock u not happy becos u cloody cunt can only talk cunt la pundeh! :eek::eek:

LeeHsienLoong
07-02-2019, 10:50 PM
Man U fans want City to win the PL title.
Everton fans want City to win the PL title.
City fans want City to win the PL title.

This speaks volume about us Liverpool.
Win against Bournemouth and open a 3 point gap.
Simple.

francined69
08-02-2019, 12:00 AM
Man U fans want City to win the PL title.
Everton fans want City to win the PL title.
City fans want City to win the PL title.

This speaks volume about us Liverpool.
Win against Bournemouth and open a 3 point gap.
Simple.

very true, we need a convincing win against Bournemouth this Sat.

only we can help ourselves and avoid further points dropped.

snakehead
08-02-2019, 12:13 AM
Dun worry fellow Liverpool fans..... I have just return from a trip to HK and I had visited the Wong Tai Sin temple on CNY day.

As usual I went to seek out the temple's fortune tellers..... and all 3 of them that I consulted tell me Liverpool will be Premier League Champions.

ThisIsMelwood
09-02-2019, 11:59 AM
Alez! Alez! Alez!

Winning ways tonight.

francined69
09-02-2019, 01:52 PM
need a big win at Anfield tonight.

LiverpoolClown
09-02-2019, 01:59 PM
WORLD CLASS PUNDEH talking too much COCK using different nicks. Calling WORLD CLASS manager COCK but truth is this WORLD CLASS PUNDEH is the real COCK. Respect works both ways!!! Mane will put his AFRICAN COCK inside your smelly mouth later!!!

YNWA.

escobar43535
09-02-2019, 03:09 PM
need a big win at Anfield tonight.

TBH I would be happy with just a win.

Clean sheet would be a bonus.

Big win would a big bonus:D

Firmino
09-02-2019, 03:20 PM
Pochettino has spoken on how important is a win against Leicester to keep pace in the Premier League title. If Spurs manage to win it will be a shame because we only manage a draw at Anfield.

With Spurs pushing Man City we should get a win against Bournemouth. Homes games are important to us and we must get the 3 points.

escobar43535
10-02-2019, 01:12 AM
Great to see the lads with their mojo back, Salah, in particular, was superb, and it was nice to see us playing with more speed, if not always with precision.

Pity we didn't get a few more because the league can, and has been won, on GD.

But, the main thing was to get the win, and the fact we played so much better than of late, and kept a clean sheet, was an added bonus.

Well done lads. In particular big shout outs to Gini, Fabinho and Mane. Also think Matip had a good game and Keita seems to be finally progressing nicely.

Just a bit concerned about the break now until the next game(although that gives us much needed added time for our injured players to pick up speed), as we never seem to benefit from it(really hope its not Dubai again), performance wise but, if we can give a good show against Bayern that will set us up nicely for Old Trafford.

BELIEVE

francined69
10-02-2019, 08:55 AM
excellent game n 3 points in the bag. clean sheet is a bonus.

great to see a few key players back in the team. should have scored a few more to narrow the GD gap.

PaulMerson
10-02-2019, 02:05 PM
Dun worry fellow Liverpool fans..... I have just return from a trip to HK and I had visited the Wong Tai Sin temple on CNY day.

As usual I went to seek out the temple's fortune tellers..... and all 3 of them that I consulted tell me Liverpool will be Premier League Champions.

I predicted Liverpool win last night but still think Man City will win the league.

JohnHandcock
10-02-2019, 03:34 PM
I predicted Liverpool win last night but still think Man City will win the league.

I also predicted Liverpool win last night but I still think Newcastle will win the league.

hotsoup16
10-02-2019, 05:42 PM
I am back........ donna how many bros still rem me?

Cheers

escobar43535
10-02-2019, 06:33 PM
i can't think of a better manager for Liverpool than Klopp, and many other clubs would snap at the chance to land Klopp as manager (Bayern Munich or Real Madrid i'm sure will want his services).

Forgot to reply with regards the above. I get the impression Klopp's next stop may be Die Mannschaft and not club football. Hopefully not for a while yet though.

Back to last night's match. Just want to add on a few more comments.

Saw glimpses of our attacking brilliance we showed last season. Perhaps, 4-3-3 is the way to go for the remainder of this season. Keita, Fabinho and Wijnaldum were outstanding. Power, ability to pick a pass, run and dribble with the ball and win tackles, that midfield trio has everything.

More over, I think this was the best shape we had all season. Why? Firmino and Salah playing in the rightful positions and Fabinho allowed to play his natural way as a number 6. I’ve been hoping Klopp would do this for a while and I hope that this is how he continues to shape us up for the big games.

sex crusader
11-02-2019, 12:27 AM
4 goals in 25 mins! This man c is a scary team! Spurs was winning too! 3 points lead is really nothing to shout about! Goals diff would just kill pool!:eek:

francined69
11-02-2019, 06:21 AM
final score was 6-0

and the GD gap between MC and Pool is now +54 vs +44

escobar43535
11-02-2019, 09:28 AM
We've got to stop looking to others to do us a favour. Win 11 of the 12 games left and don't lose the 12th and we're champions regardless of what City do, but then again that's a huge ask. Especially with United and Everton away and Chelsea(would not surprise me to see Zidane in their dug out) and Spurs at home.

Also, I’m getting a little irritated by teams lack of ability to stop that one pass that City makes for 80-85% of their goals.

Full backs should just tuck in, keep everything in front of you and out wide. Don’t let them get around the back. You stop that, and they’ll start to panic. Teams who are able to defend as a proper unit are the ones who have caused City problems.

Ninja_Assassin
11-02-2019, 11:00 AM
final score was 6-0

Pool still has 3 pts advantage.

Ninja_Assassin
11-02-2019, 11:01 AM
final score was 6-0

Pool still has potential 3 pts advantage (game in hand).

KatongCowboy
11-02-2019, 11:07 AM
Pool still has potential 3 pts advantage (game in hand).

Die die must win this game.

LeeHsienLoong
11-02-2019, 11:51 AM
We have a problem because the next league game is against United.
With their current form can we dish Ole his first lost?
If we draw we move 1 point clear of City but will this help?
Let's see how Klopp and the team perform.

WankJanice
11-02-2019, 12:22 PM
MAn C can go on winning every one of their last 11 games by 6-0 but it will still amount to nothing.
All Liverpool needs to do is win 11 of their last 12 games and even afford to draw the 12th... Even 1-0 wins are just fine and the title is theirs.

ThisIsMelwood
11-02-2019, 01:10 PM
MAn C can go on winning every one of their last 11 games by 6-0 but it will still amount to nothing.
All Liverpool needs to do is win 11 of their last 12 games and even afford to draw the 12th... Even 1-0 wins are just fine and the title is theirs.

Fully agreeable.

You sounded more like Liverpool fans than others.

I will just enjoy the ride for the last 12 games.

SnowLeopards
11-02-2019, 01:50 PM

The better question should be, can Liverpool do it ?

This team struggled for a draw on home turf when playing Leicester while Tottenham sailed comfortably and Manchester United bagged 3 points away from Old Trafford.

Pierre.

PaulMerson
11-02-2019, 01:59 PM
nice win guys

WankJanice
11-02-2019, 03:37 PM
Fully agreeable.

You sounded more like Liverpool fans than others.

I will just enjoy the ride for the last 12 games.

Arsenal is not doing too well, so root for my childhood team.

It is all a mind game now.
Klopp just needs to psyche his team up for the last push.
The players have it in their abiliy to do it, just a matter of "are they hungry enough"?
See what Leicester achieved a few seasons ago?
See what Man u is doing in the last 10 games.

The hungriest team wins!

Greenfrog
11-02-2019, 03:54 PM
it is gonna be a fight to the death. and i thought Liverpool will win league easily.:(

KNN. Man city is really strong.

escobar43535
11-02-2019, 04:33 PM
Perhaps City look a different side now. Their attitude appears different. It looks, and indeed sounds like, they believe they have been given a second chance when they thought the title was gone. You have their players admitting as much. So, you can look at whether you think they will take that opportunity or whether they look like they will slip enough again for us to capitalise.

The good thing is the positive response Liverpool showed on Saturday. We looked a team ready for the challenge ourselves, and the attitude was there to put those earlier poor performances to bed. In our favour is that we seem to be getting players back from injury just when we need them.

francined69
11-02-2019, 06:58 PM
like what Pep says, Never Give Up! we should also not give up and fight all the way.

Mo and company need to step up another gear.

countryman
12-02-2019, 12:32 PM
Pool definitely needs help from the other teams to win the title. They'll not be able to win 11 out of 12 remaining matches for sure especially @ Old Toilet, Goodison Park n Stamford Bridge... Chelsea being the toughest I find as Pool always struggles there.
Pool doesn't have the mental toughness to go all the way n it clearly shows why Pool has lost 3 cup finals recently..
Divine help needed definitely!

sex crusader
12-02-2019, 12:39 PM
Pool definitely needs help from the other teams to win the title. They'll not be able to win 11 out of 12 remaining matches for sure especially @ Old Toilet, Goodisson Park n Stamford Bridge... Chelsea being the toughest I find as Pool always struggles there.
Pool doesn't have the mental toughness to go all the way n it clearly shows why Pool has lost 3 cup finals recently..

Well said! Honest fansee indeed! Draw games are the killer! History showed that pool had lots of draw games! Goal diff is also a tough job to keep up! City has been hammering 4to 5 goals for the past few matches! Monster!:eek:

JohnHandcock
12-02-2019, 01:34 PM
Pool definitely needs help from the other teams to win the title. They'll not be able to win 11 out of 12 remaining matches for sure especially @ Old Toilet, Goodison Park n Stamford Bridge... Chelsea being the toughest I find as Pool always struggles there.

If scums play open football and don't pack the defence, we have very good chance of winning. The problem is we still have no solution to break teams who park the bus.

Beretta
12-02-2019, 06:45 PM
We have a problem because the next league game is against United.
With their current form can we dish Ole his first lost?
If we draw we move 1 point clear of City but will this help?
Let's see how Klopp and the team perform.

I have confidence our Reds can beat the Scums in the next game..... we won 3-1 remember?

Of the remaining 12 games...... the only touch n go game is vs Chelsea...... all the others are definitely winnable.

sex crusader
13-02-2019, 12:37 AM
I have confidence our Reds can beat the Scums in the next game..... we won 3-1 remember?

Of the remaining 12 games...... the only touch n go game is vs Chelsea...... all the others are definitely winnable.

Yeah...'winnable '? Lots of games were supposed to be 'winable '! But...but...but....to be continued!:D

escobar43535
13-02-2019, 09:21 AM
Well finally Jose must be having a good laugh somewhere in Europe:D

I think teams haven’t worked United(under Ole) out apart from Burnley and PSG. The other teams kept pushing their full backs on and leaving their CBs exposed to Martial and Rashford running at them. United were scoring from counter attacks and then sitting in their shape and picking teams off, if you deny them space they don't seem to have a clue.

Interesting that Tuchel changed to a 3-4-3 formation to counter United’s pace out wide. Hats off to him. Also, thought Marquinhos was excellent, Veratti slicing United apart and Silva solid.

Genuinely think PSG are a better team without Neymar. His antics are just so counterproductive. When he's not playing the rest work their socks off and then Tuchel's counter-pressing is on point. They'd be even better with Cavani alongside Mbappe.

Anyways, it's now going to be very interesting when we visit OT next weekend.

But first let's deal with Bayern and hope we come out of that one without any injuries.

escobar43535
14-02-2019, 10:05 AM
Well Spurs really did impress me. Thought they would be well beaten, football wow. Never fails to surprise one!

Dortmund were very disappointing though. They were absolutely toothless up front. It was like they were down to 10 men!

I know they lie 5 points clear at the top of the Bundesliga but there is no way they are better than Bayern. I know they were down a few key men but so were Spurs.

It's going to be a very interesting one for us against Bayern, particularly with VVD out suspended and only having Matip available at CB at the moment. How we deal with Lewandowski is going to be key.

francined69
14-02-2019, 10:43 AM
My guess is Matip and Fabinho will partner each other at CB in absence of VVD. VVD services will be missed against Bayern, especially to deal with Lewandowski.

Son's performance is getting better and better. I'm sure he will be snapped up by some other big club this summer.

ThisIsMelwood
14-02-2019, 10:56 AM
Well Spurs really did impress me. Thought they would be well beaten, football wow. Never fails to surprise one!

Dortmund were very disappointing though. They were absolutely toothless up front. It was like they were down to 10 men!

I know they lie 5 points clear at the top of the Bundesliga but there is no way they are better than Bayern. I know they were down a few key men but so were Spurs.

It's going to be a very interesting one for us against Bayern, particularly with VVD out suspended and only having Matip available at CB at the moment. How we deal with Lewandowski is going to be key.

Spurs surprised me too. Anyway Liverpool will not play spurs again unless both progress and meet in CL later rounds.

countryman
15-02-2019, 07:58 AM
Spurs surprised me too. Anyway Liverpool will not play spurs again unless both progress and meet in CL later rounds.

Pool has yet to play Spurs @Anfield in the EPL this season..

ThisIsMelwood
15-02-2019, 08:24 AM
Pool has yet to play Spurs @Anfield in the EPL this season..

Yes, my mistake. Just checked and the game is scheduled 31/3.

Ninja_Assassin
16-02-2019, 11:56 PM
Watched the Augsburg - Bayern match yesterday....... if Bayern continue to play similar performance like yesterday..... then Liverpool has very good chance to beat them at Anfield next tuesday. :D

escobar43535
17-02-2019, 10:39 AM
Our defensive injuries(plus suspension) worry me for this game. Bayern haven't been showing great form in the league, but the knockout stages of the CL is a completely different story.

If we had VVD and Gomez (or even Lovren) for this first leg I'd be just about certain of a good home win. I still think we should have too much if MF can control the game and provide good service to the boys upfront though.

Massive game for MF to make sure the back four is not under too much pressure.

Quick release to the front three and let them do their thing.

Hope its another phenomenal atmosphere at Anfield Tuesday night.

Ninja_Assassin
19-02-2019, 08:33 PM
The outcome of tonight's match is a barometer of the Reds fortunes in the upcoming weeks.

Win.... and confidence will soar sky high that Liverpool will overcome all opponents for the next few weeks.

Lose..... and Liverpool will struggle and go on a losing streak.

Xgenre
20-02-2019, 06:12 AM
We looked really lost. Bayern closed down the spaces and many of the players are off form. We seemed like we want to pass the ball into the penalty box before shooting. I don't think we have any long range shots on target. We introduced a tall and slow striker as a substitute to suit their tall and slow centreback.

Keita should just be benched. He is just another Henderson. 74% pass accuracy. Heavy touches, likes to dribble when he should pass. Calling him shitty is an understatement. More useless than shit.

Major revamp coming this summer. Lallana, Clyne, Origi, Sturridge, Moreno should be leaving. Not good enough. Matip, Gomez, Lovren are too injury prone.

Bad feeling for old trafford. Klopp's tactics are too 1 dimensional.

francined69
20-02-2019, 06:38 AM
a 0-0 performance against Bayern. Mane should have scored before half time, that was the best chance.

no goals conceded which is a bonus at least.

LeeHsienLoong
20-02-2019, 08:47 AM
The final score should have been a minimum 2-0 to us.
I said before the front 3 needs to be more sharp and stop missing chances.
We have a slight advantage when we go to Germany.

escobar43535
20-02-2019, 09:17 AM
Last night’s performance from Bayern was very Mourinho like wasn’t it?

Many good opportunities for us in the final third, but the last ball was terrible too many times. Maybe at least once in the game, someone should've tried a shot from outside the box instead of trying to pass thru to the next player (& then passing too softly in the wet grass) & to test the keeper's hands, since he did have a recent injury. Miss the Ox in this respect.

Big shout outs to Fabinho and Henderson, also good to see Keita progressing yet again.

50/50 now for me. If the front three are firing we'll do it. Probably need big games from Trent, Robertson and Alisson too.

One positive is that Kimmich is suspended for the second leg, he is a real outlet for Bayern and his crossing is incredible. We should look to get Mane running at that slug Rafinha. Not forgetting VVD will be back for us as well.

And maybe on these long breaks, perhaps we should do some cold/wet weather training instead:rolleyes::D

Finally hope our front three were keeping it all for Sunday:D:p

WankJanice
20-02-2019, 12:41 PM
The defense, which was our concern, did exceptionally well.
But we should buy Matt Hummels…Quickly, before Arsenal buys him.

We were let down by our attack.
What! Only 2 shots on target??

Well, they need to do better away. Maybe they will have more space to show off their speed.

escobar43535
20-02-2019, 01:26 PM
But we should buy Matt Hummels…Quickly, before Arsenal buys him.

What did you think of Serge Gnabry last night bro?

Apparently some Arsenal fans went into meltdown mode last night after his strong performance!

WankJanice
20-02-2019, 01:33 PM
What did you think of Serge Gnabry last night bro?

Apparently some Arsenal fans went into meltdown mode last night after his strong performance!

Bro, right , you are..

However, both Sege and the Ox had great potential but could not get into the Arsenal first team except for FA or League Cup games. So both wanted to move on..

Sadly Arsenal fans are forever in the "Grass is greener elsewhere" mode.

sex crusader
24-02-2019, 01:09 PM
With the front 3’s current form!A draw is most likely! Hope that the make shift CB can hold on to the devils’ attack! Going to JB ‘s temple to pray Later!:D

francined69
24-02-2019, 02:43 PM
we need the magic from Shaq again

JohnHandcock
24-02-2019, 03:51 PM
Time to knock the Scums off the fucking perch (perch at 4th place, not the top) :D

KatongCowboy
24-02-2019, 05:07 PM
Dun understand why bookies made Liverpool favourites for this game.

Man Utd on winning streak and home ground should be the favourites.

Or do they know something we don't..... like kelong?

PaulMerson
24-02-2019, 05:10 PM
I predicted Liverpool lose.

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11095/11643419/paul-mersons-predictions-manchester-united-vs-liverpool-and-carabao-cup-final

francined69
24-02-2019, 09:00 PM
Nemanja Matic is out after injury in training yesterday.

:D:D:D

newton
24-02-2019, 11:07 PM
With the front 3’s current form!A draw is most likely! Hope that the make shift CB can hold on to the devils’ attack! Going to JB ‘s temple to pray Later!:D

Your prayers half answered, half-time 0-0.
Man Utd used all 3 substitutes by half-time, the Reds have go for the kill now to make a statement to be Champions, a draw is not good enough.

newton
25-02-2019, 12:09 AM
A draw is not good enough against a wounded animal playing with 10 man like Man Utd to night, contrary to Ah Klopp's fanboys here would say.
Best to concentrate on the League title, don't waste time on the Champions League, not good enough to win 2 Big titles. Can't even win a small trophy like the League or FA cup since 2012.:mad:

LeeHsienLoong
25-02-2019, 12:11 AM
Horrible performance.
We had 2 great chances in the opening 15 minutes but never used it.
First half we could have finished Man Utd but we were sleeping.
Long passes too heavy and unable to break their defence.

Only good news is Arsenal won and pushed Man Utd to 5th.

JohnHandcock
25-02-2019, 12:17 AM
Horrible performance.
We had 2 great chances in the opening 15 minutes but never used it.
First half we could have finished Man Utd but we were sleeping.
Long passes too heavy and unable to break their defence.

Chelsea has a game in hand, can push them down to 6th :)

JohnHandcock
25-02-2019, 12:19 AM

Chelsea has a game in hand, can push them down to 6th :)

sex crusader
25-02-2019, 12:20 AM
Your prayers half answered, half-time 0-0.
Man Utd used all 3 substitutes by half-time, the Reds have go for the kill now to make a statement to be Champions, a draw is not good enough.

Look at the way they played, how to become champion? Not say I pour cold beer on them!:D looks like tyre pun cek Liao! But...but...some will say it's still good to have a point!:rolleyes: I would say scum played better than pool, just unlucky to be caught off side a few times! Our best player was our goalie! Yawnzzzz !

Xgenre
25-02-2019, 12:20 AM
We forgot to bring our balls again. Another toothless performance. Basically even if our front 3 go missing during big matches, who else can Klopp bring on? Sturridge and Origi just reminded us about their lack of quality. We keep playing the same system. Not sure why Milner is preferred over TAA. Especially when Rashford is injured.

Whenever Mane or Salah gets the ball, the Man U defender nearest to them just stand still. Because they know Mane and Salah will dribble the ball towards them and the gap between attacker and defender will be closed by the attacker. I wish our midfielders can take some long shots. Whenever Coutinho gets the ball, the CB always move up to close the gap, this creates space for Mane/Firmino/Salah in the penalty box.

Not looking good.

countryman
25-02-2019, 01:30 AM
Title will go to Mcity, Pool don't deserves to win the EPL title..

Frankiestine
25-02-2019, 10:17 AM
The front three simply gone MIA...especially after Firmino was substituted...some how he seems to be the link for both Mane and Salah without him these two don't seems to be able to gel..

Shiofukis
25-02-2019, 03:01 PM
Age is catching up with Milner. He cannot operate as stand in right back. Remember crystal palace match? Opponents exploited this weak link.. same here yesterday at old toilet ... he should only play in midfield.

escobar43535
25-02-2019, 03:26 PM
The game was just a bit poor overall. Think United set up to stay compact and hit us on the counter which they did a few times. Their injuries made them less adventurous.

We lacked both quality and urgency in the final third. Against Bayern we had plenty of ‘opportunities’ (note: not ‘chances’). Here we did nothing really.

Our fullbacks were poor, front three were poor. Thought Fabinho , Gini and both CBs did great and the one time we needed Alisson he stepped up big time and saved us a point.

Anyways, we have a decent run of matches now and can’t afford to slip up. Really think we need our fullbacks (TAA & Robertson) to not miss another game all season to play at our best. Milner can’t do it at RB for sure.

BELIEVE

lawro
25-02-2019, 03:59 PM
Andy Robertson had one of the worst game I seen.

Overall is a poor poor performance by the lads.

Firmino
25-02-2019, 04:15 PM
I am disappointed with the result as we had the opportunity to win. There was lack of creativity and fight to win the game.

Many will argue United had the advantage because it was a home game. This is unacceptable because to become champions you need to face all challenges and overcome them.

Look at City and you will understand. Yes they have spent alot on players but you have to acknowledge their confidence and determination.

We are back on top of the league. I expect us to win all the matches before facing Bayern Munich.

francined69
25-02-2019, 06:19 PM
blessing in disguise.

Man City defender Aymeric Laporte and midfielder Fernandinho both suffered injuries during the League Cup final.

Frankiestine
26-02-2019, 11:48 AM
I hate to say it but this team lacks the mental toughness to push themselves over the finishing line when it matters most...they were given 3 opportunities to pull away from Man City but three times they choke and got away with only a draw..

escobar43535
26-02-2019, 12:06 PM
blessing in disguise.

Man City defender Aymeric Laporte and midfielder Fernandinho both suffered injuries during the League Cup final.

Lets hope Pellegrini is up for making a point against his former employer, someone needs to remind him that City announced Guardiola as manager when he was still there:D

escobar43535
26-02-2019, 12:15 PM
I hate to say it but this team lacks the mental toughness to push themselves over the finishing line when it matters most...they were given 3 opportunities to pull away from Man City but three times they choke and got away with only a draw..

We have to fight back, one game at a time.

Not sure where our belief is gone but these things tend to reappear as fast as they go missing.

The next couple of games will be telling.

Interesting to see what position we are in come Monday, March 4th.

Also have been of the view for some weeks now that the magic figure for us to win the title is 97 points. Still think that.

I had us drawing with United and maybe Chelsea because of our poor record against them. That means only one more draw and ten wins. Can we do it? Well until it is mathematically impossible any longer I have to believe.

Keep thinking back to 86' where we were shit for most of the season and then came storming in to win the title on the last day. Anything can happen.

BELIEVE

PaulMerson
26-02-2019, 04:48 PM
Welcome back Brendan Rodgers to Premier League.

JohnHandcock
26-02-2019, 04:59 PM
Lets hope Pellegrini is up for making a point against his former employer, someone needs to remind him that City announced Guardiola as manager when he was still there:D

He already said before the match against us that he prefers City to win the title. Better give a walkover with score of 3-0 than City wining by 5 to 6 goals.

sex crusader
27-02-2019, 02:18 AM
咱们还是的面对事实!next season continue to dream! YNWA!:D

escobar43535
27-02-2019, 01:13 PM
Welcome back Brendan Rodgers to Premier League.

Leicester's last away game of the season season, Man City.:D

Hopefully Rodgers on May 4th can make it a hat trick of former Liverpool managers to do us a favour.:cool:

escobar43535
27-02-2019, 01:15 PM
He already said before the match against us that he prefers City to win the title. Better give a walkover with score of 3-0 than City wining by 5 to 6 goals.

Yes, that is true.

Hope the Hammers board and its players don't agree though.

newton
28-02-2019, 06:08 AM
Back to winning ways, and a big win at that, 5-0 after some recent stutters and hiccups. All played well with 2 full-backs in top form with crosses and runs. Sadio mane carrying the goal-scoring burden now with 2 great goals. Goal difference down to 5. Next up Merseyside derby agst Everton on Sunday, must win, a draw or 1 point is good enough will not fly if you want to be champion. 10 games to go and never look back.

francined69
28-02-2019, 07:29 AM
Wow Liverpool 5 Watford 0

VVD scoring 2 late goals n Mane backheel goal is unreal

LeeHsienLoong
28-02-2019, 10:56 AM
TAA and Robertson were really good.
Good runs and decent crosses.
Mane was a surprise because his central position in previous games were usually not good.

Next game with Everton is a must win.
Everton and the world will do everything possible to not let us take 3 points.
We must fight back.

lawro
28-02-2019, 11:41 AM
Great win for Liverpool lads.

The penalty given for Man City will never be given if Liverpool played.

escobar43535
28-02-2019, 01:02 PM
An absolutely fantastic response:cool:

Very happy! Wasn’t too happy when the team was announced but Klopp got it spot on! That’s why he is manager and the rest of us are not. Identified that Watford’s weakness was down their left and tripled up down this side with Salah, Trent and Milner.

Trent my man of the match but everyone was good. Thought Origi did very well and his pace can be an asset for us moving forward. Special praise for Fabinho though. He is a *********** incredible DM:cool: He could well be the difference for us in the end.

Another observation : The pace of Origi and Salah stretched the Watford CBs out wide all the time and allowed both Robertson and Trent to double up behind them. This created more space for Mane.

What I would suggest more though is the front three swapping like that during games. I just think we have been too static on occasions and that’s why sometimes we have looked bereft of ideas in certain games. When our front three are running different angles like last night and creating space for others we are damn unplayable!

We go again at Goodison next on Sunday.

BELIEVE

P. S.

Fair play Pellegrini, stuck one in on City! Said Bernardo threw himself down with respect to the penalty & Nasri had the chance to do same but didn't:D

Oh and as for that Norwegian son of Gollum with a Manc accent, apparently looks like we are getting under his skin:rolleyes: You would have thought he should have other more pressing concerns, like a Top 4 fight and the upcoming trip to Paris!

dasnaq
28-02-2019, 01:25 PM
Great win for Liverpool lads.

The penalty given for Man City will never be given if Liverpool played.

True, Liverpool seldom give away penalty.

lawro
01-03-2019, 01:46 PM
True, Liverpool seldom give away penalty.

Liverpool seldom gets penalty too.

Well is Merseyside derby on Super Sunday.

Good luck lads.

Xgenre
01-03-2019, 04:03 PM
We just have to keep accumulating points. I feel the title will be decided in April. Man City will play Cardiff (relegation battle side) home, Crystal Palace (relegation battle side) away, Spurs (fighting for top 4) home, Man U (fighting for top 4) away and Burnley (always tough away ground) away.

For everyone who thinks Man City is a better side, they really struggle whenever 33 year old Fernandinho is injured. Too many flashy players in the side without enough talent to prevent their midfield from being overwhelmed.
If they progress in the CL and FA Cup, they will be playing more than 5 matches in that month. Can't see how Fernardinho can play so many games.

lawro
03-03-2019, 11:10 AM
Man City won again by 1 lone goal.

London derby spurs get the penalty without touching the ball. If Liverpool play then no penalty.

ManureClown
03-03-2019, 05:04 PM
Man City won again by 1 lone goal.

London derby spurs get the penalty without touching the ball. If Liverpool play then no penalty.

Wtf are you talking? Not happy complain about referee la, stupid pundeh.

francined69
03-03-2019, 05:20 PM
KDB also injured and will be ruled out for a while. guess the games MC is playing is taking it's toll on their players.

LeeHsienLoong
04-03-2019, 02:27 AM
We threw away 3 points.
Salah shooting air and no idea why Lallana was on the pitch.
Without Van Dijk we would have left Goodison Park with zero points.

Ninja_Assassin
04-03-2019, 03:25 AM
I hope history dun repeat itself...... during Benitez time Liverpool was leading the pack with only 2 games lost and 7 pts lead..... but in the final stretch they DRAW 11 games to end up runners-up that season.

This scenario is likely to repeat given the number of drawn games now.

escobar43535
04-03-2019, 06:55 AM
Every time I think about the choices Klopp made last night makes me frustrated. We actually looked more threatening before we made the changes. That tells you how good those subs were!

There was a lack of bravery last night in those changes, disappointing in the extreme. These and United are two poor sides who can’t cope if we have anything about us on the day, but we’ve just been frozen with fear.

2nd half is the manager’s game I can’t look no further than Klopp being culpable, he didn’t give his team a chance to win when he took Manè out and kept Keita and Shaqiri on the bench.

Still not the end of the world though. 9 games left, 27 points up for grabs. Unfortunately now not in our hands anymore but we just have to keep going until the end and see where it takes us.

BELIEVE

sex crusader
04-03-2019, 08:56 AM
Luckily BR also didn’t win in his first game! Liverpool, draw game specialist! :D Typical! Sometime JK need to talk less a bit la...let the talking on the pitch!

Xgenre
04-03-2019, 09:02 AM
Whatever happened to heavy metal football? We were pressing opponents all over the pitch and launching quick interchanging attacks last season. Now, we stop pressing and the role of 8 players is to get the ball to the front 3 and let the front 3 do their magic. Salah has been off form for a while with heavy first touches and predictable dribbling. Many defenders know he will cut back inside using his left foot and are anticipating this move.

We lack balls. Draw 3 matches equals 3 points. Lose 2 matches and win 1 match also 3 points. Klopp really no balls. Always play safety first these days. I think Milner is gone too. He made so many mistakes when he came on as a sub. Milner looks so lost.

Frankiestine
04-03-2019, 09:21 AM
Still not the end of the world though. 9 games left, 27 points up for grabs. Unfortunately now not in our hands anymore but we just have to keep going until the end and see where it takes us.

BELIEVE

Well it seems like now we need to turn to the scums to do us a favor when City plays them at Old Trafford...the rest is up to the team themselves to keep on winning and no more draws..:(

countryman
04-03-2019, 11:07 AM
Well it seems like now we need to turn to the scums to do us a favor when City plays them at Old Trafford...the rest is up to the team themselves to keep on winning and no more draws..:(

I think wait long long... Manure would rather lose to Mcity than to let Pool win the title...
But honestly, Pool don't deserved to be Epl champions. They don't have the cutting for it after watching their past 6 - 7 matches.
They will always do what they does best... Being runners up! ::mad:

pomrakthai
04-03-2019, 12:08 PM
Pom doesnot understand why Klopp keeps on using Illana who is so weak and not contributing to the flow of the game which was critical at that stage of play. :o

Now, almost all hope to finish as EPL champs has fizzled out with that type of strategic use of players. BTW, almost all those forwards are NO GOOD in shooting, can't score goals at point blank :mad:

escobar43535
04-03-2019, 01:42 PM
It’s not that we aren’t good enough to win the title, I feel we just aren’t bold enough.

Anyways, a message of encouragement. Just keep in touching distance and see if we can get a break here or there.

All we can do now is to maintain giving ourselves with a title shout till the last game.

City will drop points and if they don’t than bravo to them, they deserve it fair and square.

On another note, I feel like we are cursed. Only Liverpool can end up only conceding 15 goals, losing just one game and yet still find itself 1 point behind and the underdog. I think this Liverpool side would wipe the floor with Conte’s Chelsea title winning team, and many other recent champions save for City last season.

BELIEVE

Frankiestine
05-03-2019, 11:30 AM
I think wait long long... Manure would rather lose to Mcity than to let Pool win the title...
But honestly, Pool don't deserved to be Epl champions. They don't have the cutting for it after watching their past 6 - 7 matches.
They will always do what they does best... Being runners up! ::mad:

I reckon if the scums are in fifth and fourth is achievable provided they beat Man City then its game on..

lawro
05-03-2019, 11:47 AM
I reckon if the scums are in fifth and fourth is achievable provided they beat Man City then its game on..

Never believe any bs that MU will let MC win.

MU will want to secure fourth place.

HonkyTonkyMan
05-03-2019, 12:23 PM
Never believe any bs that MU will let MC win.

MU will want to secure fourth place.

i always believe scums has too much pride especially when it comes to playing their noisy neighbors since the last few seasons their city rivals has came up tops of them in terms of PL won and cups..

Shiofukis
05-03-2019, 01:09 PM
From ESPN:

The Reds have had a decade or more of coming up just short. The 2007 Champions League defeat to AC Milan in Athens. Finishing second to Manchester United in 2009. Losing an FA Cup final to Chelsea in 2012. Finishing second to Manchester City in 2014. Losing the League Cup Final to City in 2016. Blowing the Europa League final against Sevilla a few months later. Then, of course, there was the heartbreak of last season's Champions League final defeat to Real Madrid.

二奶命?

snakehead
06-03-2019, 02:45 PM
From ESPN:

The Reds have had a decade or more of coming up just short. The 2007 Champions League defeat to AC Milan in Athens. Finishing second to Manchester United in 2009. Losing an FA Cup final to Chelsea in 2012. Finishing second to Manchester City in 2014. Losing the League Cup Final to City in 2016. Blowing the Europa League final against Sevilla a few months later. Then, of course, there was the heartbreak of last season's Champions League final defeat to Real Madrid.

二奶命?

I have faith in our boys.
I believe they will deliver this season.
Its only 1 pt difference with 9 games to go.
Liverpool has always performed miracles when playing catchup so the current situation chasing Man City suits them well.
And all 3 of Wong Tai Sin fortune tellers come out with same prediction that Liverpool will win the BPL.

SadioMane
06-03-2019, 02:50 PM
Liverpool has always performed miracles when playing catchup so the current situation chasing Man City suits them well.
And all 3 of Wong Tai Sin fortune tellers come out with same prediction that Liverpool will win the BPL.

Thanks alot!!
I hope to deliver the trophy for all fans.

escobar43535
06-03-2019, 05:24 PM

With you on this one bro:cool:

The fat lady is still sitting down from my view;)

JohnHandcock
07-03-2019, 09:36 AM
Last season the white scums won UCL after getting a dubious penalty against Juve. Last night red scums went through after a dubious penalty. I'm getting worried....

escobar43535
07-03-2019, 02:21 PM
Hate both PSG and United but fair play United, outrageous amazing result all things considered. Gigi Karius anyone?:D

That said, if Solskjaer does a Di Matteo and City win the league I shall probably turn into an alcoholic over the summer:eek:

Under pressure(tune by Queen):p

francined69
07-03-2019, 02:26 PM
Hate both PSG and United but fair play United, outrageous amazing result all things considered. Gigi Karius anyone?:D

That said, if Solskjaer does a Di Matteo and City win the league I shall probably turn into an alcoholic over the summer:eek:

Under pressure(tune by Queen):p

If Liverpool wins both CL and PL then you will also be an alcoholic too! Hahaha

escobar43535
08-03-2019, 12:59 PM
If Liverpool wins both CL and PL then you will also be an alcoholic too! Hahaha

Yeah and I will also have an Orgasm greater than sex, also lasting much longer:D

Jokes aside, let's just take it game by game with Burnley first on Sunday evening, followed by Bayern on Wednesday night.

Back to CL, had a big laugh watching Dzeko going down in 'pain' after the head butt incident with Pepe in the other CL match on Wednesday between Porto and Roma. Dzeko really needs to polish his lame acting skills, instead of following the likes of Neymar :rolleyes::p

PaulMerson
09-03-2019, 09:36 AM
Another Premier League weekend.

Liverpool will win vs Burnley to close gap.

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/15205/11657461/paul-mersons-predictions-arsenal-vs-manchester-united-chelsea-vs-wolves-and-more

sex crusader
09-03-2019, 10:05 AM
Yawnzzzz....looks like another draw game! Burnley will park their triple decker bus and pool will be running around in circle!:D

francined69
09-03-2019, 04:00 PM
JK cannot afford another draw game.

SnowLeopards
09-03-2019, 04:34 PM
Good Luck, would love to see Jurgen bring home 3 points else it is going to be a boring fight for Pep. :D

Pierre.

Shiofukis
10-03-2019, 01:14 AM
Oops... spurs lost tonight ! We have a home game with Spur late March ...

lawro
10-03-2019, 05:39 AM
Another Premier League weekend.

Liverpool will win vs Burnley to close gap.

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/15205/11657461/paul-mersons-predictions-arsenal-vs-manchester-united-chelsea-vs-wolves-and-more

Agreed win for home team in my bbc prediction.

newton
10-03-2019, 01:08 PM
Yawnzzzz....looks like another draw game! Burnley will park their triple decker bus and pool will be running around in circle!:D

From a 7 pts deficit to a 4pts lead, that is a hallmark of a true champion. Nope, i am not talking about Ah Klopp's sputtering playstation team but Man Citeh.

This game agst Burnley is a must win, should win and had to 100% win. If any self-respecting Reds fans in this forum or elsewhere says a draw is good enough deserves a tight slap across the face.:D If horrors of horrors is a defeat, i suggest Ah "Mr Nearly Man" Klopp better close shop for this season and go back to his office to play his favourite game on Playstation while cursing the sports reporters and match officials yet again.:rolleyes:

PS: I hope Sony Corporation would sponsor the Reds next season in gratitude for Ah Klopp plugging their product twice in one week.:p

sex crusader
10-03-2019, 02:03 PM
From a 7 pts deficit to a 4pts lead, that is a hallmark of a true champion. Nope, i am not talking about Ah Klopp's sputtering playstation team but Man Citeh.

This game agst Burnley is a must win, should win and had to 100% win. If any self-respecting Reds fans in this forum or elsewhere says a draw is good enough deserves a tight slap across the face.:D If horrors of horrors is a defeat, i suggest Ah "Mr Nearly Man" Klopp better close shop for this season and go back to his office to play his favourite game on Playstation while cursing the sports reporters and match officials yet again.:rolleyes:

PS: I hope Sony Corporation would sponsor the Reds next season in gratitude for Ah Klopp plugging their product twice in one week.:p
Hahah..some ‘true fansee’ will say we still only lose one game so far. One pt is better than none!:D The goal diff is the killer! On the other side, BR won his first game with the foxes ! Congrats!:D

francined69
10-03-2019, 02:28 PM
As of now Liverpool have drawn 7 games

will be setting up to watch tonight's game.

escobar43535
10-03-2019, 06:47 PM
Our home form in the League this season has been superb overall. Played 14; won 12; drew 2; lost 0. I, for one, would take those percentages every game and every season. Just need to keep at it.

Apparently it’s extremely wet, and extremely cold in Liverpool today, hopefully not going to be a problem. I’m also worried about potential injuries as I’m sure Dyche will tell his players to rough us up.

Looking for a clean sheet, no injuries and those golden 3 points of course.

Come on you Reds!

Just in...

Liverpool make two changes for today's Premier League clash with Burnley as Roberto Firmino and Adam Lallana start at Anfield.

The pair are brought into the line-up in place of Divock Origi and Jordan Henderson, who drop to the bench for the 12pm GMT kick-off.

Dejan Lovren is fit to take a place among the substitutes.

Liverpool: Alisson, Alexander-Arnold, Matip, Van Dijk, Robertson, Fabinho, Wijnaldum, Lallana, Mane, Salah, Firmino.

Substitutes: Mignolet, Lovren, Henderson, Keita, Shaqiri, Origi, Sturridge.

Oh boy, Lallana getting ahead of Keita, Shaqiri?! Really hope Klopp gets it right today!

francined69
10-03-2019, 08:53 PM
HT score Liverpool 2 - Burnley 1

that Burnley goal should have been disallowed in the first place.

hope Salah can get on the scoresheet today.

francined69
10-03-2019, 09:56 PM
FT score Liverpool 4 - Burnley 2

3 points in the bag and one point off MC.

Pity Salah could not get on the scoresheet.

sex crusader
10-03-2019, 10:12 PM
What a come bk! Surprised that lalanna played well! Should have been 6nil up to close the gap with man c on GD! Well done! :D

escobar43535
10-03-2019, 10:35 PM
Never in Doubt.

Can’t beat the likes of these we shouldn’t be nowhere near Title Contenders.

Nice run out for Wednesday with a few goals back in the side.

I’ve a feeling about Salah in Munich.

Some one is going to feel the brunt of his frustration:D

Oh yes, I questioned starting Lallana today but that's why Klopp's the manager and I'm living in a shack:p

It again shows us that our midfield only requires one holding midfielder and it needs at least one of Keita, Lallana or Shaqiri to be in it.

Very happy to see Lallana and Daniel have a couple of moments today and Mane & VVD were just awesome:cool:

BELIEVE

JohnHandcock
11-03-2019, 12:35 AM
Go go Gunners, kick those asses off 4th spot!!

pomrakthai
11-03-2019, 04:36 AM
Go go Gunners, kick those asses off 4th spot!!

Yeah, Manure gunned down liao. :p
Good work, Gunners. ;)

FirminoNo9
12-03-2019, 04:20 PM
What a come bk! Surprised that lalanna played well! Should have been 6nil up to close the gap with man c on GD! Well done! :D

My form just came back.

SadioMane10
12-03-2019, 08:22 PM
My form just came back.

I hope to maintain mine.

escobar43535
13-03-2019, 09:03 AM
Wow, Allegri took Simeone to school, well done Juve and respect to Ronaldo:cool:

As for City & Pep, this light blue juggernaut just keeps going, yikes:eek:

Back to us and the big one tonight in Munich...

We’ve been awful away from home in the CL but I think this is the game where we turn that around, I hope:D

Really tough game, Bayern in form and at home so favourites to go through, I guess.

Be interesting to see what midfield combination Klopp goes with. Unfortunately Keita is ruled out with an injury for this one though.

Tactics going to play a large part in this game, that and being clinical in front of goal plus brave, slim margin for errors.

Remember score draw would be enough to get us through. Don't fancy penalties:eek:

Come on you Reds!

Chinakid
13-03-2019, 03:49 PM
Tonight results will be decided by a stupid ref decisions......

francined69
14-03-2019, 05:32 AM
Goal!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! VVD header puts Liverpool ahead 2-1

francined69
14-03-2019, 05:44 AM
GOAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Mane gets his second goal of the night to give Liverpool 3-1 lead.

Mane is on fire!

francined69
14-03-2019, 05:51 AM
Liverpool KO Bayern to go through to the QF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Pep take that!!!!!!!!!!! vacant seat at Bayern waiting for your return.

Xgenre
14-03-2019, 05:59 AM
Bayern looks old and slow. Very different from the first match. It will be interesting to see who we will be up against. If we draw Barcelona, it will be the return of Suarez/Coutinho to Anfield. I hope we can get either Spurs or Man U. Both teams are still fighting for the top 4 and may rest players.

escobar43535
14-03-2019, 06:14 AM
Absolutely buzzing!

So proud of our boys!

Showed everyone we are European Royalty!!

Pure class through out the team, bossed the great Bayern Munich in their own backyard!

Big shout outs to Mane and VVD!!

So happy for Klopp as well, big win back in his Homeland against his bitter enemies!

As for Deitmar Hamann, guy seems to dislike Klopp so much that he can't seem to say any good things about us nowadays(pity because I shall never forget Istanbul), well put that in your cigar and smoke on it, Didi!!

Bad luck Robertson out for the next CL game though. Also hope Henderson is okay.

Back to the EPL, we go again next against Fulham.

BELIEVE

pomrakthai
14-03-2019, 06:39 AM
We scored all the goals :D
Yet we are through to the QF :p

Some how, Pom thinks that many opponents have figured out how Salah maneuveres his dribbling, and almost all the time, he got stuck and ball being robbed off his legs......:confused:

PaulMerson
14-03-2019, 06:57 AM
GOAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Mane gets his second goal of the night to give Liverpool 3-1 lead.

Mane is on fire!

Great win lads.

4 English team in the Q-F draw. Delightful to watch.

francined69
14-03-2019, 06:59 AM

Some how, Pom thinks that many opponents have figured out how Salah maneuveres his dribbling, and almost all the time, he got stuck and ball being robbed off his legs......:confused:

yes i think Salah is getting predictable hence opponents cut him off.

SadioMane
14-03-2019, 06:59 AM

No worries, I shall finished what Salah started. I put 2 or more in the net.

lawro
14-03-2019, 07:05 AM
Great win lads.

4 English team in the Q-F draw. Delightful to watch.

50% chance shall draw an English team.

What odds that Barcelona, Porto, Juventus and Ajax drew English team?

lawro
14-03-2019, 07:08 AM
Back to the EPL, we go again next against Fulham.

BELIEVE

With a win against Fulham, Liverpool shall temporary top the Premier League because Man City don't play till 30/3.

VVDReds
14-03-2019, 07:08 AM
No worries, I shall finished what Salah started. I put 2 or more in the net.

Well done mane. Me not too bad either.

WankJanice
14-03-2019, 09:25 AM
Great game....
Shut out Bayern and Pool scored all the goals..

Xgenre
14-03-2019, 01:21 PM
I hope Man City draws Barcelona. Pep will play his best to win his home town team. Plus they will play Man U and Spurs in April. The quarter finals will be 9th or 10th April (first leg) and 16th or 17th April (second leg). Man City plays Spurs on 20th April and Man U on 25th April. They will play 7 matches in April. Quite intensive.

We play 6 matches in April with the toughest test in the EPL being Chelsea at home on the 14th. Our fringe players seemed to be getting more matches. Lallana played again. Sturridge had an assist against Burnley. Origi is fit. We will need them to step up.

sex crusader
14-03-2019, 01:51 PM
Man c will play pool in the quarter! They are fated to play ! Some say kelong!:D

escobar43535
14-03-2019, 02:46 PM
Gary Neville: ' If Liverpool were to throw the premiership title race, I think they would have a better chance of winning the Champions league!' ' :D

In reality the better quote of the night comes from none other than our owner, John W. Henry!!

"75% of the earth is covered by water. The other 25% is covered by Virgil van Dijk."

WankJanice
14-03-2019, 03:57 PM
Gary Neville: ' If Liverpool were to throw the premiership title race, I think they would have a better chance of winning the Champions league!' ' :D

In reality the better quote of the night comes from none other than our owner, John W. Henry!!

"75% of the earth is covered by water. The other 25% is covered by Virgil van Dijk."

Did he really say that??
Must be happy about the money he spent!!

uplisting
14-03-2019, 06:12 PM

If Gary Neville were to be thrown off the plane in mid air, this world would be much quieter and peaceful :D

SQ2600
15-03-2019, 12:08 AM
Man c will play pool in the quarter! They are fated to play ! Some say kelong!:D

Draw is supposed to be tomorrow.... but some sports media are already publish the QF fixtures.... kelong?

Ajax vs Tottenham
Liverpool vs Barcelona
Man City vs Porto
Man Utd vs Juventus

PaulMerson
15-03-2019, 07:31 AM
Draw is supposed to be tomorrow.... but some sports media are already publish the QF fixtures.... kelong?

Ajax vs Tottenham
Liverpool vs Barcelona
Man City vs Porto
Man Utd vs Juventus

Well done and good fixtures if true.

sanuuk
15-03-2019, 01:54 PM
Well done and good fixtures if true.

Are u sober?:D

escobar43535
15-03-2019, 01:58 PM
Did he really say that??
Must be happy about the money he spent!!

https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&source=web&cd=&ved=2ahUKEwj6qc-su4PhAhXF63MBHbsXA6QQzPwBegQIARAC&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.express.co.uk%2Fsport%2Ffoot ball%2F1099980%2FLiverpool-John-W-Henry-Twitter-Bayern-Munich-Champions-League-Virgil-van-Dijk&psig=AOvVaw3AOZ-dCMiYFNh6IenMYM1W&ust=1552715828910779

;)

escobar43535
15-03-2019, 02:04 PM

Ajax vs Tottenham
Liverpool vs Barcelona
Man City vs Porto
Man Utd vs Juventus

Hopefully it's the reverse instead for Liverpool & City tonight:D

Actually it's about time City had a tough draw fixture cup tie this season!

newton
15-03-2019, 03:44 PM

Actually, to be drawn agst Citeh or Barcelona is not a bad thing as both played in the same open attacking style as Ah Klopp's team with suspect ageing centre-backs in the mould of your FAV Reds Lovren like Piqué and Kompany.
To be honest, an easy draw would be Porto or Spurs. No, you dont want to draw a strong dark horse like Ajax, who destroyed Ramos team in the 2nd leg of the last round with young and full of great prospect players.
My gut feeling of the draw, had to be the scums, Man United.:D
Anyway, no such thing as easy draw. Like i always says,
If you want to be the Champions, you have to beat the best.

sex crusader
15-03-2019, 07:25 PM
Actually, to be drawn agst Citeh or Barcelona is not a bad thing as both played in the same open attacking style as Ah Klopp's team with suspect ageing centre-backs in the mould of your FAV Reds Lovren like Piqué and Kompany.
To be honest, an easy draw would be Porto or Spurs. No, you dont want to draw a strong dark horse like Ajax, who destroyed Ramos team in the 2nd leg of the last round with young and full of great prospect players.
My gut feeling of the draw, had to be the scums, Man United.:D
Anyway, no such thing as easy draw. Like i always says,
If you want to be the Champions, you have to beat the best.

Your wish came through! We have drawn Porto! :D Hope spurs can tear city apart!:D

newton
15-03-2019, 07:31 PM
Your wish came through! We have drawn Porto! :D Hope spurs can tear city apart!:D

Yeah, heaven above always looking out for Ah Klopp in this competition. All things considered, a good draw for Ah Klopp while our fierce rival Man U got the short end of the stick, have to tango with Messi and his gang.:D

sex crusader
15-03-2019, 07:35 PM
Yeah, heaven above always looking out for Ah Klopp in this competition. All things considered, a good draw for Ah Klopp while our fierce rival Man U got the short end of the stick, have to tango with Messi and his gang.:D

Hope our own egyptian Messi can wake up and shoot more goals!:D He has been shooting bird lately!:D

escobar43535
15-03-2019, 07:41 PM
Champions League draws
QUARTER-FINAL DRAW

Ajax vs Juventus

Liverpool vs Porto

Tottenham vs Manchester City

Barcelona vs Manchester United

The first legs will be played on April 9 and 10, the second legs on April 16 and 17.

SEMI-FINAL DRAW

Tottenham/Man City vs Ajax/Juventus

Barcelona/Man United vs Liverpool/Porto

francined69
15-03-2019, 10:29 PM
Liverpool vs Porto is an excellent draw

escobar43535
15-03-2019, 11:46 PM
That’s quite the run of fixtures for City in April. Going to be a fascinating period of the season!

April 9/10: Spurs (a) (UCL)
April 14: Crystal Palace (a)
April 16/17: Spurs (h) (UCL)
April 20: Spurs (h)
April 24: Man Utd (a)
April 28: Burnley (a)

That said, Bluemoon thinks that we have tough fixtures around our CL tie as well.

Porto (h)
Chelsea (h)
Porto (a)
Cardiff (a)
Huddersfield (h)

Anyways, no point getting ahead of ourselves, let's just take each game as it comes.

No place for complacency now and we must not underestimate any opponent including Porto who look better than last season and shall be seeking revenge!

LeeHsienLoong
16-03-2019, 12:35 AM
The immediate focus should be on Fulham.
3 point is a must and then we look at the next game.
The CL is a competition we must work hard to send a message.
If we overcome Porto we face either Man Utd or Barcelona which is very tough.

Grounded Eagle
16-03-2019, 01:12 AM
Champions League draws
QUARTER-FINAL DRAW

Ajax vs Juventus

Liverpool vs Porto

Tottenham vs Manchester City

Barcelona vs Manchester United

The first legs will be played on April 9 and 10, the second legs on April 16 and 17.

SEMI-FINAL DRAW

Tottenham/Man City vs Ajax/Juventus

Barcelona/Man United vs Liverpool/Porto

Mouth-watering if both Liverpool & Man City meet in the final.
Neck to neck race for both the CL & BPL :D

WankJanice
16-03-2019, 10:58 AM
https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&source=web&cd=&ved=2ahUKEwj6qc-su4PhAhXF63MBHbsXA6QQzPwBegQIARAC&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.express.co.uk%2Fsport%2Ffoot ball%2F1099980%2FLiverpool-John-W-Henry-Twitter-Bayern-Munich-Champions-League-Virgil-van-Dijk&psig=AOvVaw3AOZ-dCMiYFNh6IenMYM1W&ust=1552715828910779

;)
Well said.

JohnHandcock
17-03-2019, 12:42 PM
Hope Suarez and Coutinho hit top form for the quarter finals, but not the semis :D

Ninja_Assassin
17-03-2019, 06:41 PM
Hope Suarez and Coutinho hit top form for the quarter finals, but not the semis :D

I prefer to have Man Utd for the SF....... they look vulnerable lately and has lost the intensity and "zest" compared to Solkaer's 1st few games in charge.

pomrakthai
17-03-2019, 11:52 PM
Looks like another draw game again.....

The 2nd half looked like Liverpool had gone out of steam, and the way the ever steady Van Djik losing possession and the play-play by Alison aiyah....so easy for Fulham to score :mad:

Another draw game with a low end club, can kiss the EPL goodbye.

BTW, it really looks like the dribbling antics of Salah is so predictable, seems that every defender knbows how to block or rob the ball from his legs :eek:

francined69
18-03-2019, 12:11 AM
Final score Fulham 1 - Liverpool 2

3 points in the bag and back to no.1 spot.

Maybe it is the fatigue from the Bayern game but the team did not take their chances well.

Salah could have score in the 2nd half by chipping over the keeper but instead he shot straight the at the keeper.

I'm missing Shaqiri and his shots from outside the box.

sex crusader
18-03-2019, 12:13 AM
Lucky win! Tee kong Kia pool! So many chances wasted!should be free scoring and close the bloody GD with man c mah!

francined69
18-03-2019, 12:15 AM
BTW, it really looks like the dribbling antics of Salah is so predictable, seems that every defender knows how to block or rob the ball from his legs :eek:

one defender will block Salah and another defender will come in to tackle the ball away from Salah.

Salah missing his confidence from last season.

Xgenre
18-03-2019, 12:18 AM
Well, as they say, winning ugly is the hallmark of a championship winning team. So glad Fabinho did not get a red card. I am surprised he was not substituted.

We need more midfielders who can shoot from outside the box. Whenever TAA and Robertson gets the ball, Fulham just pack numbers in their penalty box waiting for the cross. Once Origi comes out, the Fulham defenders know they must come out to close the gap because Origi can shoot from distance. That frees up more space for Salah and Mane in the box.

escobar43535
18-03-2019, 12:27 AM
We ain’t going away:cool:

After the highs of Wednesday this was a massive come down to play against one of the worst teams in the league fighting for their lives.

We had a dip, managed, had a setback and WON.

Champions have been doing this for years.

International break now, hope our guys come back injury free.

Then we move onto Spurs next.

BELIEVE

P. S. Salah needs to clear his head on #50 and just go back to instincts. As for Shaqiri, not sure what has happened behind the scenes, but if this keeps going on, I don't think he shall be around next season.

LeeHsienLoong
18-03-2019, 12:50 AM
Not a good performance and what was shocking is that we almost drew with Fulham.
Man City watching the game will know we are still not stable.
If not for the penalty we would have allowed Man City to have 1 hand on the title.

francined69
18-03-2019, 12:57 AM
Not a good performance and what was shocking is that we almost drew with Fulham.
Man City watching the game will know we are still not stable.
If not for the penalty we would have allowed Man City to have 1 hand on the title.

Man City nearly lost their cup tie with Swansea too, coming back from 2 goals down.

newton
18-03-2019, 01:25 AM
So many msgs in this thread since the final whistle and no one here mentioned the name of Ryan Babel.:eek::D
A win is still a win, after the midweek exertions in Europe. Like some bros here said, if you can't win agst a team with the worst defensive record in the league like Fulham, you have no business to call yourself a League Champion.
No, i don't blame VVD or Allison for the Fulham's goal as they have excellent the whole season so far. Can forget about catching up on the the goal difference with Citeh as the Reds midfield is simply not good enough with no input in terms of goals when we need it the most.

francined69
18-03-2019, 07:08 AM
Ryan Babel was most impressive of all the Fullham players, giving problems for TAA on the right side.

Was strange seeing him with the pink hair color though.

And all respect to Ryan for not celebrating against Pool after scoring the goal.

PaulMerson
18-03-2019, 07:26 AM
A win means 3 points and top of table with 7 matches left. Good luck!!

escobar43535
18-03-2019, 03:07 PM
Liverpool have 76 points after 31 games now. Last season we came 4th with 75 points after 38 games.

Some fansees really need to get a grip on reality. Do people think we should be steamrollering every team we play?

For sure, we made things more difficult than they needed to be last night, but we still found a way to get the 3 pts and that is the most important thing. This was going to be a tricky fixture - let me share something with everyone, all fixtures to the end of the season will be tricky.

Biggest complaint I would have last night was that we were a bit too casual, a bit too complacent maybe in thinking that more goals would inevitably come. And a word is needed with Salah. I get he is desperate to score but on 3 occasions last night, he was trying to do it himself with team-mates better placed, this has to stop.

The Fulham goal was a horrendous mistake with Milner, Virgil and Alisson all culpable, no excuses. But guess what, mistakes happen now and then and if this is a big one out of the way without any collateral damage then nothing to worry about. It happened, its over, forget it.

Not the best performance ever but a good away win after the highs of Munich in mid-week.

Actually, its been a brilliant week! Good win v Burnley, very good win v Bayern, favourable CL draw, tough 3pts won on the road last night, back to the top of the EPL.

What the hell has anyone got to moan about?

Now let me end on a more light hearted note:

Klopp on the Milner substitution...

"That's impact, eh? Without Milly it is probably 1-0!"

Kudos to Milner, he must have balls of steel to put that penalty away under those circumstances last night!

JohnHandcock
18-03-2019, 06:36 PM
Kudos to Milner, he must have balls of steel to put that penalty away under those circumstances last night!

I was thinking if Salah was going to snatch the ball from Milner and take the penalty :D

SQ2600
19-03-2019, 11:39 AM
As for Shaqiri, not sure what has happened behind the scenes, but if this keeps going on, I don't think he shall be around next season.

Shaqiri has a groin injury since January tats why he has not been in action since....... this type of muscle injury not easy to heal.

I remember previously Fernando Torres also had same injury and never fully recovered despite 6 months on/off treatment resulting in loss of form.

lawro
20-03-2019, 03:57 PM
Shaqiri has a groin injury since January tats why he has not been in action since....... this type of muscle injury not easy to heal.

I remember previously Fernando Torres also had same injury and never fully recovered despite 6 months on/off treatment resulting in loss of form.

Now Robertson out of Scotland with abscess in gum.

escobar43535
20-03-2019, 10:43 PM

Thanks for the clarification bro.

Yeah i just found out.

https://www.teamtalk.com/news/embarrassing-injury-problem-behind-xherdan-shaqiri-selection-struggles-at-liverpool

Not a good injury but at least there appears to be no fall out with Klopp after all, which is a good thing.

lawro
21-03-2019, 09:35 AM
Liverpool right-back Trent Alexander-Arnold has withdrawn from the England squad for the Euro 2020 qualifiers against the Czech Republic and Montenegro because of a back injury.

francined69
21-03-2019, 10:16 AM
Liverpool right-back Trent Alexander-Arnold has withdrawn from the England squad for the Euro 2020 qualifiers against the Czech Republic and Montenegro because of a back injury.

better rest and save his fitness for Liverpool title challenge

PaulMerson
21-03-2019, 10:49 AM
Title run in for both teams - so who has the upper hand?

Manchester City's fixture list:

Sat 30th March - Fulham vs Man City (league)

Weds 3rd April - Man City vs Cardiff City (league)

Sat 6th April - Man City vs Brighton (FA Cup semi-final)

Tues 9th April - Spurs vs Man City first leg (Champions League QF)

Sun 14th April - Crystal Palace vs Man City (league)

Weds 17th April - Man City vs Spurs second leg (Champions League QF)

Sat 20th April - Man City vs Spurs (league)

Weds 24th April - Man United vs Man City (league)

Sun 28th April - Burnley vs Man City (league)

Tues 30th April / Weds 1st May

Possible semi-final first leg against Ajax/Juventus (Champions League)

Sat 4th / Sun 5th May - Man City vs Leicester City (league)

Tues 7th / Weds 8th May

Possible semi-final second leg against Ajax/Juventus (Champions League)

Sun 12th May - Brighton vs Man City (league)

Liverpool's fixture list:

Sun 31st March - Liverpool vs Spurs (league)

Friday 5th April - Southampton vs Liverpool (league)

Tues 9th April - Liverpool vs Porto first leg (Champions League)

Sun 14th April - Liverpool vs Chelsea (league)

Weds 17th April - Porto vs Liverpool second leg (Champions League)

Sun 21st April - Cardiff vs Liverpool (league)

Fri 26th April - Liverpool vs Huddersfield (league)

Tues 30th April / Weds 1st May

Possible semi-final first leg against Barcelona/Man United (Champions League)

Sat 4th / Sun 5th May - Newcastle vs Liverpool (league)

Tues 7th / Weds 8th May

Possible semi-final second leg against Barcelona/Man United (Champions League)

Sun 12th May - Liverpool vs Wolves (league)

escobar43535
29-03-2019, 12:09 AM
https://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/fir...n-in-interview

Jürgen Klopp has spoken throughout the season of the plan to create a base for the run-in – and now, he says, is the time for Liverpool to use it.

As excitement has steadily grown about the possibilities of this campaign, with the Reds beaten only once in 31 Premier League fixtures and into the Champions League quarter-finals, the manager reiterated his focus on laying foundations rather than looking to the future.

That building process is now behind them, however, and the new target is clearly stated: Klopp’s side want to capitalise fully on the ‘wonderful’ position they have put themselves in.

“It is [exciting], absolutely,” the boss told Liverpoolfc.com on Tuesday.

“That’s what we were always talking about – a season is like that, you constantly prepare a basis for the final weeks. We are now in the final weeks and there will be no interruption anymore, there will only be game after game after game and they all are very, very important.

“On the one side, opponents fight for the Champions League spots, and on the other they will fight [to stay in] the league.

“I think only Wolves in the last match, they are not fighting for Champions League and not fighting for staying in the league, but we all see what shape they are in – and they can go to the FA Cup final, so that’s exciting for them. But these are our opponents.

“Champions League, we don’t have to talk about that because they are all finals, each game is a final. Hopefully we can stay in that competition for a while.

“We created a wonderful base, now let’s use it.”

Preparations for the run-in, which begins when Tottenham Hotspur visit Anfield in the Premier League this Sunday, are already well under way at Melwood.

Klopp will have a full complement of fit players available from Thursday to further fine-tune the strategy to face a Spurs side the Reds defeated 2-1 at Wembley earlier in the season.

And though the boss understands the benefits an international break can provide for those not on duty with their countries, he revealed the anticipation to regroup this week.

“Absolutely [it’s good to be back]. Really, we were waiting pretty much for it,” he said.

“It is nice to have a little bit of a rest in between, but on the other hand you want to keep it going in a situation like that – we won three games in one week and could have played pretty much the next day.

“Now we are back, the boys are coming step by step back as well, so from Thursday on I think we will be complete.

“With all players together, of course, the Dutch ones, the Brazilians, together in complete training. But preparation has started today already.

“We don’t have all the players who are away, but we have all the other players as well. Bringing players back, step by step. OK, Shaq and Trent are still doing a bit of rehab, but the others are here and in good shape. Two sessions today and then one session a day.

“All good and we’re really looking to this period now.”

LeeHsienLoong
30-03-2019, 09:27 PM
Man City up by 2 goals.
Looks like they going to take the top spot.

francined69
01-04-2019, 12:39 AM
HT score Liverpool 1 - Spurs 0

Liverpool have to stop giving away loose balls.

francined69
01-04-2019, 01:26 AM
Full time score Liverpool 2 - Spurs 1

Nearly wet my pants in the dying minutes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Salah with the header and an own goal by Spurs.

3 points in the bag and top of the table again.

sex crusader
01-04-2019, 01:27 AM
Ti kong Kia! Pool have prayed to Ti kong gao gao before the match!:D

Xgenre
01-04-2019, 01:37 AM
Fantastic result. We kept up the pressure on Man City. This result also means the race for 3rd and 4th place is wide open. Man City will be facing a Man U and Spurs side looking to fight their way into top 4. If we can beat Chelsea at Anfield, I see us being champions.

Mo Salah is sadly quite off form though. I notice he seldom passes to Mane during a counter attack.

LeeHsienLoong
01-04-2019, 01:39 AM
We do not deserve to win or draw because we only played 20 minutes of good football.
Salah was missing and Henderson should sit on the bench.
Alisson playing like Karius so I wonder who is at fault the goalkeeping coach or Alisson.
Once Spurs changed formation they could easily bypass our midfield.

francined69
01-04-2019, 01:41 AM
Fantastic result. We kept up the pressure on Man City. This result also means the race for 3rd and 4th place is wide open. Man City will be facing a Man U and Spurs side looking to fight their way into top 4. If we can beat Chelsea at Anfield, I see us being champions.

Mo Salah is sadly quite off form though. I notice he seldom passes to Mane during a counter attack.

had Salah passed the ball to Mane in the fast break Mane had a higher chance of scoring.

but Mane also had several missed chances.

Pool was lucky not to concede a 2nd goal when Spurs broke away with Son and Sissoko.

countryman
01-04-2019, 02:46 AM
Full time score Liverpool 2 - Spurs 1

Nearly wet my pants in the dying minutes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Salah with the header and an own goal by Spurs.

3 points in the bag and top of the table again.

Not for long! Mcity is playing Cardiff on Wed!

lawro
01-04-2019, 03:43 AM
The fixtures hand Liverpool the edge. Hopefully the lads get the job done.

escobar43535
01-04-2019, 03:28 PM
Its really weird at the moment....since Christmas our form has been patchy & average for the most part. A few impressive performances and i thought right, here we go, we're gonna really hit form. But we haven't. At least not the form i expected.

Keeping on winning is impressive in its own right, of course. I'm more than happy to sacrifice style for substance at this stage of the season. We're not performing poorly (last night & Utd away were not great), we're just performing a different kind of effectively. With the games running down its only the points that matter now.

But you can look at it two ways....we are riding our luck bigtime, we can't keep on performing at an average level and expect to win every game, there is a horrible mistake or result just waiting to happen.

Or....we're finally getting the luck every title winning team needs, our resilience and spirit are grinding out the wins, we are still going to hit a purple patch and storm to the end. Who knows?

I'm inclined to say our attitude and performance after Spurs' equaliser = you make your own luck;)

Anyways, one thing's for certain - City must be looking at us thinking what do they have to do to shake those pesky Scousers off??? We ain't going away Citeh...we're going to the wire:cool:

Oh yes, and if Spurs can play as they did in long periods yesterday in their league match at the Eithad, there's a chance they could take a point or even three.

BELIEVE

lawro
01-04-2019, 03:35 PM
Oh yes, and if Spurs can play as they did in long periods yesterday in their league match at the Eithad, there's a chance they could take a point or even three.

BELIEVE

Before that happened Spurs to play Man City in a two-legged CL Q-Finals. Spurs will be handful to Man City for 11 days period, play 3 games.

IMO, toughest game for Man City will be Manchester Derby away to Old Trafford and MU will have a chance after MC played so many matches.

escobar43535
01-04-2019, 03:40 PM
Pool was lucky not to concede a 2nd goal when Spurs broke away with Son and Sissoko.

Beg to differ. The way I see it, VVD was just world class in the way he handled Sissoko;)

pomrakthai
01-04-2019, 08:09 PM
Beg to differ. The way I see it, VVD was just world class in the way he handled Sissoko;)

Pom does admire VVD's talent in defense (and even scoring from corner kicks)

VVD can read the movements of the opponents and in that case, Sisoko was aware of VVD's capability in blocking and diverting his passing if Sisoko ever were to pass it to Son who was running alongside, thus Pom believed that Sisoko just kick forward thinking of that slip up by VVD in Liverpool's previous match that led to a goal. This time round Sisoko was too pressured to shoot lower at goal :)

PaulMerson
02-04-2019, 11:30 AM
Pom does admire VVD's talent in defense (and even scoring from corner kicks)

VVD can read the movements of the opponents and in that case, Sisoko was aware of VVD's capability in blocking and diverting his passing if Sisoko ever were to pass it to Son who was running alongside, thus Pom believed that Sisoko just kick forward thinking of that slip up by VVD in Liverpool's previous match that led to a goal. This time round Sisoko was too pressured to shoot lower at goal :)

VVD is the reason why Liverpool is challenging for top spot.

He may be voted POY if Liverpool lift the PL trophy.

Xgenre
02-04-2019, 03:50 PM
had Salah passed the ball to Mane in the fast break Mane had a higher chance of scoring.

but Mane also had several missed chances.

Well, typical Liverpool match these days. Stressful at times. I hope we can sign Son Heung Min though. We will have great exposure in East Asia. He will probably make Liverpool much more popular in Korea and he may even pay for his own wages via marketing revenue. Plus Son does not need to serve NS now.

Cardiff is in 18th spot now. On Sunday, they were leading Chelsea 1-0 until the 84th min on Sunday. Chelsea equalised via a wrong off side call and then Chelsea scored in the 91st min to win the game. From 3 points to 0 just like that. Unjust result for a team stuck in the last relegation spot. I hope Cardiff will use the unjust result and pick themselves up on Thursday when they face Man City.