The Asian Commercial Sex Scene  

Go Back   The Asian Commercial Sex Scene > For stuff you can't discuss with your Facebook Account > Coffee Shop Talk of a non sexual Nature

Notices

Coffee Shop Talk of a non sexual Nature Visit Sam's Alfresco Heaven. Singapore's best Alfresco Coffee Experience! If you're up to your ears with all this Sex Talk and would like to take a break from it all to discuss other interesting aspects of life in Singapore,  pop over and join in the fun.

User Tag List

Old 17-02-2014, 12:50 AM
Sam's RSS Feed Bot - I'm not Human. Don't talk to me.

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 21 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 10000241 / Power: 3356
Sammyboy RSS Feed has a reputation beyond reputeSammyboy RSS Feed has a reputation beyond reputeSammyboy RSS Feed has a reputation beyond reputeSammyboy RSS Feed has a reputation beyond reputeSammyboy RSS Feed has a reputation beyond reputeSammyboy RSS Feed has a reputation beyond reputeSammyboy RSS Feed has a reputation beyond reputeSammyboy RSS Feed has a reputation beyond reputeSammyboy RSS Feed has a reputation beyond reputeSammyboy RSS Feed has a reputation beyond reputeSammyboy RSS Feed has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up Jobs created to Singaporeans declined from 45 to 10+%?

An honorable member of the Coffee Shop Has Just Posted the Following:

75894.1 Jobs created to Singaporeans declined from 45 to 10+%?

February 16th, 2014 | Author: Contributions

PAPER NO. 1/2008 - Employment of Singapore Citizens, Permanent Residents and Foreigners, 1997 to 2006

I chanced upon an occasional paper, Employment of Singapore Citizens, Permanent Residents and Foreigners 1997 – 2006, published by the Ministry of Manpower (MOM).
Jobs breakdown into Singaporeans and PRs?
What stuck me is that the above paper shows the breakdown of employment change and total employment into Singaporeans, PRs and foreigners.
No jobs breakdown anymore?
This is significant as despite calls for more transparency in the labour statistics in recent years – there has not been any breakdown of the resident statistics into Singaporeans and PRs.
Jobs to Singaporeans declining?
I calculated the ratio of employment change of Singaporeans to total employment change as follows:
2000 – 0.45
2004 – 0.448
2005 – 0.397
2006 – 0.367
(Note: I have ignored those years where there were negative employment change)
You can see from the above that the trend has been that the proportion of jobs created that went to Singaporeans has been declining.
Has this trend continued to today? We don’t know because the residents’ statistics are no longer broken down into Singaporeans and PRs.
If the statistics can be broken down in the subject paper, why is it not broken down in the last few years?
Jobs to Singaporeans only about 10 to 20%?
If you read my articles “457,000 new citizens & PRs vs 431,200 jobs?‘ (Feb 2) and “The alternative news in 1 day? (part 46) – Foreign workers create jobs for Singaporeans?” (Feb 1) – after adjusting for the huge influx of new citizenships and new PRs granted in recent years – I estimate the ratio of jobs to Singaporeans over employment change may be as low as 0.1 to 0.2.

Leong Sze Hian

Click here to view the whole thread at www.sammyboy.com.
Advert Space Available
Bypass censorship with https://1.1.1.1

Cloudflare 1.1.1.1