The Asian Commercial Sex Scene  

Go Back   The Asian Commercial Sex Scene > For stuff you can't discuss with your Facebook Account > International Field Reports

Notices

International Field Reports Had a great time around the world? Tell us about it here!

User Tag List

Old 25-02-2005, 12:07 AM
Samster (M)

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: -1 / Power: 0
draco181 is under Moderation till he learns how to behave
Mae Sai, Thailand

Hey Guys,

I am planning a trip to Mai Sai sometime in April. Would need some info on the area...especially on transport and accomadation. Is there any bus service which provides transport from Chang Rai Airport to Mae Sai directly? Or is there any other public transport that i can take from Chang Rai Airport?

Cheers
Old 25-02-2005, 12:11 AM
Samster

My Reputation: Points: 1232 / Power: 23
Hakoshu has much to be proud ofHakoshu has much to be proud ofHakoshu has much to be proud ofHakoshu has much to be proud ofHakoshu has much to be proud ofHakoshu has much to be proud ofHakoshu has much to be proud ofHakoshu has much to be proud ofHakoshu has much to be proud of
Re: Mae Sai, Thailand

Yes, there is bus from Cr to maesai.. It takes roughly abt 1hrs plus... Short trip.. I'm going there too.. Check out my signature..

Quote:
Originally Posted by draco181
Is there any bus service which provides transport from Chang Rai Airport to Mae Sai directly? Or is there any other public transport that i can take from Chang Rai Airport?

Cheers

BKK-Late May 2010
Old 25-02-2005, 12:19 AM
Samster (M)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hakoshu
Yes, there is bus from Cr to maesai.. It takes roughly abt 1hrs plus... Short trip.. I'm going there too.. Check out my signature..
Ic...so is the bus station far from the airport and does the bus services there states their destination in English? With my limited vocab of thai and poor sense of direction, i might just hop into a wrong bus and ended up somewhere else.
Old 25-02-2005, 12:26 AM
Samster

Hakoshu has much to be proud ofHakoshu has much to be proud ofHakoshu has much to be proud ofHakoshu has much to be proud ofHakoshu has much to be proud ofHakoshu has much to be proud ofHakoshu has much to be proud ofHakoshu has much to be proud ofHakoshu has much to be proud of

There is english indications.. here's a reference for u..

http://s4.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=0Z...M284TBB61UDZ2T

Map of Chiangrai

BKK-Late May 2010
Old 25-02-2005, 03:41 AM
Samster

My Reputation: Points: 136 / Power: 21
lucifier deserves two Tigers! - He's a Great Guylucifier deserves two Tigers! - He's a Great Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hakoshu
There is english indications.. here's a reference for u..

http://s4.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=0Z...M284TBB61UDZ2T

Map of Chiangrai
Hi bro Hakoshu,

You are the man. Where did you get this map from? I am actually collecting maps from all types of different source. Especially those in .pdf or as picture files as I could easily stored them into my PDA and can read it when to. Certainly lighten up my load when I go for independent travelling. We can exchange if you have more of them.

For the benefits of the another bro here,

So far, I had travelled from Chiang Rai Bus terminal to Mae Sai, but had not tried it from the Airport. From the Chiang Rai Bus Terminal, you could easily take those green colour mini bus for less than S$1 (I think is about 20bahts) to Chiang Rai. Took about an hour or slightly bus.

For your info, in Mae Sai, it is just a small little border town. There is a sign-board saying that it is the most northern point of Thailand. Good for photo-taking. I shall suggest some places to explore within Mae Sai and around Mae Sai.

Within Mae Sai,
There are some stalls selling all type of things near the custom area. At night, all these stalls will be closed. But I like to come out to enjoy the cool breeze and having some hot noodle at those roadside stall along the road leading to the custom. There are some massage and karaoke place you can explore and there are some young gals (be careful as some are underage) inside those joints where you take the gals out or have the service inside. Generally cost 1500B - can last for FT.

There is a disco called BM about one to two kilometres away from the custom. Ask around for direction.

In the morning, you can go up a hill where you can see the border between Mae Sai and Myanmar's Tacheilek. Quite a view from there. Be prepare to climb up the hill to enjoy the view. My advice is not to take the staircase but go up by the road at the right. When going to the foot of the hill, there is a temple and you can explore the local masan malah along the way. Quite busy in the day. You could find Thai and Burmaese mixing around here. Look out for a sweet young gal manning one of the 2 photo-copying stalls beside the custom. I find her quite sweet looking and cute although she is quite young.

Around Mae Sai,
Generally, I find the attraction of Mae Sai lies what is around it. First thing is that you could go over to the Myanmar's border town of Tacheilek to explore the busy border trade. Cost about 350 bahts (100bahts at Thai side, 250 bahts at Myanmar side) to cross over the custom. Note that it is only for one day visa only. Must be back to Thai side, I think by 1800hrs. Also note that there is a half-hour difference between the 2 sides. You can apply for up to 2 weeks visa where you could go to Kengtung, and in theory to Meng La which is the border town at Myanmar with China.

Mae Sai and Chiang Rai are connected by a highway where u see some nice scenery when u are in the bus. You could explore Doi Tung (Thai King's mother's villa) which I heard is very nice. In addition, there are some caves to explore along the highway. Had to know where to drop at the highway and walk in. Can visit the Tham Pla which is a cave where u can see water pond beside the cave. Seem to be connected to the cave through underground tunnels. You can find fish swimming inside. You could not go deep into the cave. (Pla stand for fish in Thai). There is another one called Tham Luang which is supposed to be quite big inside. Be prepared to go there early, with some comfortable clothing and shoe and with an extra powerful torchlight. You could hire some gas lantern there to guide u along. Certainly for the adventurous.

Another place to explore, and can stay for the night is Mae Salong. This is the place which is feature in the Taiwanese movie starring the singer Wang Jie. It talk about when in 1949 when the Communist Chinese win over the Nationalist Chinese. While most of the Nationalist Chinese escape to Taiwan, there is an army group that was based in Yunnan province that had to escape to Myanmar. From there they are forced and settle near the Thai-Myanmar border. While there, some of them grow opium so that they can buy weapon and intend to overthrow the Communist China from there. Of course it fail and now most of them hold Thai passport. The Thai King and his mother persudes them to grow tea instead of opium and lay down their weapons and could get Thai citizenship. When there, you could chat with them in Chinese while having some nice Chinese tea and food while admiring the sakura. (there are sakura there because of the cold weather). You could explore some of the miniorities tribes living further down the mountain. e.g the Akha tribe.

The Golden Triangle is also quite near from Mae Sai. Can go there through the town of Chiang Saen.

For accomodation, for about 1100 bahts (can bargain down), you could stay at the most luxurious hotel in Mae Sai. The hotel name is Wang Tong Hotel where at the balcony, offer a superb view to Myanmar. Alternately, you could stay at a few guesthouses near the custom. Based on the direction facing the custom. Wang Tong Hotel is at the right hand side of the custom. A small road led to the hotel. At the right hand side, along the road is Top North Hotel which I think should be able to get for 500 bahts per night. Further to the left hand side, you could find a lot of guesthouse. Personally, I quite like this guesthouse called S-house. Very comfortable, for about 600bahts. To go to this guest house, when walking along the road at the left of the custom, the guesthouse is located at the top of a slope. Not very high though. Send my regards to this friendly Uncle Jack where he open a small restaurant opp. S-house. A friendly guy who speak good english.

I went there for about 2 times and have some friends there. For any more info., just ask it here.
Old 25-02-2005, 04:16 AM
Samster

My Reputation: Points: 227 / Power: 22
evangelist is a Helpful and Caring Samsterevangelist is a Helpful and Caring Samsterevangelist is a Helpful and Caring Samster

Wow, your information very detailed. I also went there before a couple of times. Just wanna check some stuff with you as might be going up again soon.

Quote:
So far, I had travelled from Chiang Rai Bus terminal to Mae Sai, but had not tried it from the Airport. From the Chiang Rai Bus Terminal, you could easily take those green colour mini bus for less than S$1 (I think is about 20bahts) to Chiang Rai. Took about an hour or slightly bus.
Is there public transport from the airport in the form of a public bus to Maesai? or to Chiang Rai Bus Terminal? I did not notice any such service at the Airport. Only saw rental cars, taxis, private cars. Nothing else.

Quote:
There are some massage and karaoke place you can explore and there are some young gals (be careful as some are underage) inside those joints where you take the gals out or have the service inside. Generally cost 1500B - can last for FT.
Where are these massage and karaoke places located? Did not see many around when I was there last year. What's FT anyway?

Quote:
There is a disco called BM about one to two kilometres away from the custom. Ask around for direction.
Any happening stuff here?
Old 25-02-2005, 06:12 AM
Samster

BM = Batman Disco, hehe, Not a bad disco.. Most of the teens would go there
Happening at certain times.. I heard weekday would be dead.. I enjoy going to the roadside stall too.. Everynight there is a mini pasa malam stall around the streets.. Be sure to grab some bargains in the night market!!

As for hotels, the only decent ones i see and i would stay is Wang Tong Hotel.. Costs ard 900 Baht for standard room if remember correctly..The Wang Tong hotel did, however, have a fabulous all-you-can-eat lunch buffet for 100 baht. Included coffee or tea, but a soda was extra. This was a good deal and you did not have to be a hotel guest to participate. They had a dessert table that had bowls of these little things that looked like artificial plastic fish bait. I tried one and it was awful (I wonder how they can eat that - but I guess it’s better than the fried bugs I’ve seen elsewhere).

There is Quite a number of pubs and ktvs there.. Not sure abt how happening is there as tat time was with my gf there.. Gems and stones are popular there.. If i'm not wrong.. There is quite a few red light district there too..
Behind wang tong, there is one streets of ktvs.. When I was taking a tour of Tachilek the guy peddling the bicycle offered me some “Pooying.” I did not take him up on it as I was rather uncomfortable with Burma, but now I may be regretting the decision.

**Some Pics of Maesai**
[
Ms 1
Ms 2
Ms 3
Ms 4

**Some Pics of Doi Tung**

Doitung 1
Doitung 2
Doitung 3
Doitung 4

Golden Triange is very near to maesai too, U could go there easily by renting a van or car for 1.5k baht a day..
Golden T1 Golden T 2
Golden T 3

Hope All these are infomative.. As for map.. I think there is a program for u to convert.. Anyway, this is the Link for the map

BKK-Late May 2010
Old 25-02-2005, 08:09 AM
Samster

My Reputation: Points: 47 / Power: 0
GiddlyGook deserves a Tiger! - He's a Good Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by evangelist

Is there public transport from the airport in the form of a public bus to Maesai?
There is no bus service from the airport as such. The bus route plies between CR and Mae Sai on the main road (thanon phaholyothin) some distance (definitely not walking distance) from the airport. You can flag down the bus when you are on Phaholyothin but it is a non-airconditioned bus.

To get to the main raod, I guess you can get a taxi and stop at the nearest town (maybe 2-3 km from airport). The town is called Bandu and hosts the Rajabhat Institute (one of the 2 universities in CR province, the other being near Mae Chan on the way to Mae Sai) - just tell the taxi driver Rajabhat, Bandu. The bus should stop at the entrance arch to the university.

Make sure you get on the bus going in the right direction!!
Old 25-02-2005, 09:20 AM
Samster

My Reputation: Points: 233 / Power: 22
Freestyler69 is a Helpful and Caring SamsterFreestyler69 is a Helpful and Caring SamsterFreestyler69 is a Helpful and Caring Samster

Wow you guys got detailed info man! I was there last Nov, would like to add that batman has lots of Chinese girls. In fact there's lots of PRC or Myanmar or Laos chinese people all around town , not sure where they came from, but looks quite cute with rosy cheeks..

I want to acheive "marathon 1 dragon"

[/FONT]
Old 25-02-2005, 10:07 AM
Samster

My Reputation: Points: 185 / Power: 22
free is a Helpful and Caring Samsterfree is a Helpful and Caring Samster

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiddlyGook
To get to the main raod, I guess you can get a taxi and stop at the nearest town (maybe 2-3 km from airport). The town is called Bandu and hosts the Rajabhat Institute (one of the 2 universities in CR province, the other being near Mae Chan on the way to Mae Sai) - just tell the taxi driver Rajabhat, Bandu. The bus should stop at the entrance arch to the university.

Make sure you get on the bus going in the right direction!!
Haha, Rajabhat Institute is the University that my Dancer studied at before she graduated this year. Yes, one can certainly get the bus at Rajabaht. Or go to Talat Bandu (Bandu Market) - nearer cos on the way to Rajabaht from airport. Can flag down the bus just after 7/11. Once the bus (or taxi) exits from the airport make sure it turns RIGHT (left will go to Chiangrai city but you want go in the opposite direction). If u need help, there a photoshop just next to 7/11 on the right. The owner is a nice bespectacle 40-ish Chinese lady and you can ask her in English. If you speak Thai, can ask the girl(s) at the Handphone stall outside the shop. They are very friendly.

BTW, I have seen my gal taken a bus (more like a covered pickup) from the airport to Bandu/Rajabaht. Dun think it is frequent at all though

Also. there is quite a nice pub I visited once in Mae Chan. Got a couple of hot lady singers on stage. Remember how Dancer used to tease me and ask "Suai mai?" Always replied "Suai maak, dtae kit waa kun suai gwaa" (really it's true )

P.S. If u think shopping in CR (or BKK) is cheap, wait till u walk across the border into Myanmar. Be prepared to be "attacked" by the hawkers though - the 1st few you see will offer u things u think are dirt cheap; hangon. U ain't seen what is cheap yet. Go in a little further and pretend to show interest in some of things they tried to show u (assuming u really like). Soon a group will surround u and just wait and hear their offered price drop. Only one thing I hated - the border police at the Myanmar side really made me felt like a "Robert", with that look on their face. Yes, they seemed pleased to see me, cos I had to pay a much higher border pass fee (I vaguely remembered 250baht versus 20 or something like that) than the Thai locals cos I am SGrean. Even though I didn;t bring my passort, only IC, they still allow!

Last edited by free; 25-02-2005 at 10:13 AM.
Old 25-02-2005, 12:59 PM
Samster

My Reputation: Points: 227 / Power: 22
evangelist is a Helpful and Caring Samsterevangelist is a Helpful and Caring Samsterevangelist is a Helpful and Caring Samster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freestyler69
Wow you guys got detailed info man! I was there last Nov, would like to add that batman has lots of Chinese girls. In fact there's lots of PRC or Myanmar or Laos chinese people all around town , not sure where they came from, but looks quite cute with rosy cheeks..
BM Pub got WLs?
Old 25-02-2005, 03:12 PM
Samster

My Reputation: Points: 233 / Power: 22
Freestyler69 is a Helpful and Caring SamsterFreestyler69 is a Helpful and Caring SamsterFreestyler69 is a Helpful and Caring Samster

Quote:
Originally Posted by evangelist
BM Pub got WLs?
did not approach them, they looked rather shy . Was with Gf so no action.

I think there should be WL.. some looks likely okt and WL

I want to acheive "marathon 1 dragon"

[/FONT]
Old 26-02-2005, 01:53 PM
Samster (M)

Thanks bros...for all the wonderful info and links. It really helps especially for first time visitor like me to the region. Would appreciate any more input.

Cheers
Old 27-02-2005, 08:24 AM
Samster

My Reputation: Points: 136 / Power: 21
lucifier deserves two Tigers! - He's a Great Guylucifier deserves two Tigers! - He's a Great Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by thaivisitor
And don't forget to bring along a plastic bag each for your ride up and down to Mae Salong.

It's to contain your vomit and not dirty the car.

thaivisitor
Thaivisitor’s Annual Samsters Trip to Hatyai!

Hi bro thaivisitor,
u are right. At that time, on the way up the Mae Salong, I nearly vomit...although the view is nice...my advice is to sit in the front. Another tip, for those people who are not intending to stay overnight at Mae Salong, and wish to see as much things as possible, it is advice to come down from the mountain at about 4pm or earlier. Any later, u had to stay there overnight. If u want to go to the way up, u had to wait at a place along the main road between the Mae Sai and Chiang Rai city. I forgot how to describe the stop, had to ask the friendly bus conductor in the bus to remind u to drop u down at the stop that will take u up to Mae Salong. The small green little bus had a bus conductor inside. normally they are quite friendly. Just tell them "bai mae salong" (to Mae Salong).

I remember the stop is in between 2 shops, both selling food and some tibets. Good to buy some water or food here before going up. I remember the songthew will bring us up for the price of about 50 bahts each. (maybe the price is wrong..any bros to correct me?) The whole songthew can carry about 8 persons....so it will be about 400 bahts for the whole songthew. At that time, we wait for about half an hour for the 8th person to arrive. I dun want to wait too long. So I discuss with the other travellers (i dun know them at first) what about divide the total cost (assuming 400 bahts) and divide by 7 person and give it to the driver. As we wait quite long, they agree. With my half-fuck thai, I talk to the driver and he agree. For the driver, as long as he got the full amount, he will agree. If u only one person, and no one is around, u can book the whole songthew. I did take the whole songthew back alone at half price of 200 bahts as all the other travellers are staying over night. As I did not bring my gear, so I cannot stay overnight, and I had to go back to Mae Sai.
Old 01-03-2005, 02:57 PM
Samster

Was surprised to see quite a number of bros went to MS(maesai) after all.. I always thought it was a just a small town without much attraction.. Not as colourful as Bkk and other parts of thailand... This april, i would be going with my frens... Hope to meet some samsters up and splash water together!!

Chok dee Krap
Hako

BKK-Late May 2010
Advert Space Available
Bypass censorship with https://1.1.1.1

Cloudflare 1.1.1.1