PDA

View Full Version : brothers here who are earning high income

lotsfits80
02-03-2019, 11:17 PM
mind sharing your story, how you started and how you reach this level of income?

I'm looking for inspirations to become high income earner

AngelNguyen
03-03-2019, 02:16 AM
How high is high? Give a range for reference ma :)

dcfv
03-03-2019, 06:12 PM
passive income 160k pa, 3mill in net invested assets, got a medical related career earning 10k month 3 yrs after graduation i saved 9k of that monthly income and invested that in property initially then leveraged into stocks continued doing that and after 15yrs i retired living off my passive income which again i reinvest 70% of what i earn.

maybe I read your financial blog?

6% on 3M. Okay. seems manageable .low risk.

Stimsia
06-03-2019, 10:47 PM
passive income 160k pa, 3mill in net invested assets, got a medical related career earning 10k month 3 yrs after graduation i saved 9k of that monthly income and invested that in property initially then leveraged into stocks continued doing that and after 15yrs i retired living off my passive income which again i reinvest 70% of what i earn.

Bravo...art of savings n investment

Apollo
09-03-2019, 11:46 AM
in current market, what range is considered high income, >10K per month? :rolleyes:

sonycybershot
09-03-2019, 03:24 PM
10k / month. consider high?
self employ
no saving.
yolo.

I reach this level because I m lucky.
nothing else.

singmarine
09-03-2019, 03:54 PM
I have friends who earn this monthly income. But they work until no work life balance...can work until crazy.

$10000 Credit Analyser (SCB)
$30000 Risk Management (Credit Suiss)
~$8000 (Prudential Agent)

EtherC
09-03-2019, 05:39 PM
If you have no life goal, no passion, no initiative for self improvement, no discpline to save & invest, no amount of advice will help you. Maybe it’ll motivate you to do “something” for a few weeks & it’ll die off.

jameschong1
09-03-2019, 08:55 PM
10k / month. consider high?
self employ
no saving.
yolo.

I reach this level because I m lucky.
nothing else.

me close one eye shake leg $10k a month
push my kakiah agents a bit, easy make $20k a month
if i show hand myself, that month easy make $40k commission
but i consider still so-so niah income

AMDfries
10-03-2019, 05:41 PM
me close one eye shake leg $10k a month
push my kakiah agents a bit, easy make $20k a month
if i show hand myself, that month easy make $40k commission
but i consider still so-so niah income

Show hand means go work as duck? :D

jameschong1
11-03-2019, 08:39 AM
Show hand means go work as duck? :D
yeah to service your old relatives, happy?

Lemonjuice
15-03-2019, 10:48 PM
High income means no need to scrimp when looking for a good book.

fallen11
15-03-2019, 11:38 PM
mind sharing what level is high income?

YELLOW
20-03-2019, 11:13 AM
20k a mth basic .... do office work ie . paper work .... 830am start 6pm sharp leave office .... investable cash 1mio ... and alot of time to waste ... dont noe do wat ....

hccheonger
20-03-2019, 11:45 AM
I think to most average people earning exceed $10K per month is considered high income if you have no kids and living a simple lifestyle.

If you want to buy Porche Macan or landed property, $20K per month may still be comfortable.

fallen11
20-03-2019, 10:24 PM
I think to most average people earning exceed $10K per month is considered high income if you have no kids and living a simple lifestyle.

If you want to buy Porche Macan or landed property, $20K per month may still be comfortable.

10k a mth before or after bonuses then is high income?:confused:

sexresearcher
21-03-2019, 01:17 PM
3 rules to share. My 2 cents......

For me wealth is health. That is number 1. You can work all the money you want and invest in all the equities. Your own health index drop, you are fucked. Health is like a crown on your head only the sick can see.

You can make all the money in the world but you do not have any loved ones around you then have so much for fuck? That is number 2. I just refreshed my will (recreational diving every year mah.) and realised I do have about close to ~1.3 million in cash/stocks/property to hand down if I drop dead today exclude insurance which is another 7 figure (buy term, invest the rest hor). My OC and I have a pact, we each insure the other for 1 million when we have 2 kids. No more million dollar insurance, no more kids after 2.

Time is also money. You can make all the money in the world but no time to spend/enjoy it, it is also chasing wind. Number 3.

To be wealthy, you just need to make enough to make yourself feel happy. Enough is subjective but you can refer to your lifestyle needs to make some hard cold calculation yourself since you all want to debate 'enough'. If you have not done that, you can forget about comfortable 30 years of retirement and keep chasing. Its really how much you spent and invest and not really how much you earn once you reach 60K PA bracket onwards. The problem for us dickies is all the temptation around. I am no different. I like to fuck and fuck till I cannot do it anymore but I will never bring it home. Fuck and Forget. The world is filled with so so so many pussies. Their combined vaginal fluids can drown you.

My income is a paltry 100K a year from my small bizs but I get to wake up 8:45am, play with my 2 young kids till 10am. Go work out/gym/swim and head in office at 11am. Work till 6pm+ and fuck off to play or go home. There are late nights sometimes but that is what SME bosses signed up for. I am turning 40 this year and in good health/fitness. I can do a 21km in 2 hours still. I do 30 laps, 50m in 36mins just this morning. Hooyah.

I call myself fairly 'wealthy'. What about you?

edwintantan
22-03-2019, 01:18 PM

For me wealth is health. That is number 1. You can work all the money you want and invest in all the equities. Your own health index drop, you are fucked. Health is like a crown on your head only the sick can see.

You can make all the money in the world but you do not have any loved ones around you then have so much for fuck? That is number 2. I just refreshed my will (recreational diving every year mah.) and realised I do have about close to ~1.3 million in cash/stocks/property to hand down if I drop dead today exclude insurance which is another 7 figure (buy term, invest the rest hor). My OC and I have a pact, we each insure the other for 1 million when we have 2 kids. No more million dollar insurance, no more kids after 2.

Time is also money. You can make all the money in the world but no time to spend/enjoy it, it is also chasing wind. Number 3.

To be wealthy, you just need to make enough to make yourself feel happy. Enough is subjective but you can refer to your lifestyle needs to make some hard cold calculation yourself since you all want to debate 'enough'. If you have not done that, you can forget about comfortable 30 years of retirement and keep chasing. Its really how much you spent and invest and not really how much you earn once you reach 60K PA bracket onwards. The problem for us dickies is all the temptation around. I am no different. I like to fuck and fuck till I cannot do it anymore but I will never bring it home. Fuck and Forget. The world is filled with so so so many pussies. Their combined vaginal fluids can drown you.

My income is a paltry 100K a year from my small bizs but I get to wake up 8:45am, play with my 2 young kids till 10am. Go work out/gym/swim and head in office at 11am. Work till 6pm+ and fuck off to play or go home. There are late nights sometimes but that is what SME bosses signed up for. I am turning 40 this year and in good health/fitness. I can do a 21km in 2 hours still. I do 30 laps, 50m in 36mins just this morning. Hooyah.

good planning

Chubbie123
24-03-2019, 02:56 PM
small business owner usually can earn a decent income with some stress involved of course. wont be rich, wont starve also.

personally i am in the IT software trade, been doing this for 10 over years. own a HDB 5 Room fully paid for renting out. Have a condo, still paying for it, drive a decent car. have enough disposible income for some investments and bonks without having to think where the money is going to come from.
dun have kids though, i think most ppl with kids have to spend a good portion of their income for their kids, personally i dun want that kind of burden. just my point of view.

cheers

sexresearcher
25-03-2019, 04:14 PM
small business owner usually can earn a decent income with some stress involved of course. wont be rich, wont starve also.

personally i am in the IT software trade, been doing this for 10 over years. own a HDB 5 Room fully paid for renting out. Have a condo, still paying for it, drive a decent car. have enough disposible income for some investments and bonks without having to think where the money is going to come from.
dun have kids though, i think most ppl with kids have to spend a good portion of their income for their kids, personally i dun want that kind of burden. just my point of view.

cheers

I understand mid range retirement homes about $3,000 per month (today prices hor, you got to add inflation X 30 years from now). I hope you and your wife retirement planning with no kids has this 'burdened' in.

YELLOW
30-03-2019, 09:18 PM
u are super wealthy ....
i am also turning 40 ..... 10km in 55-58min .... not great at swimmimg trying to improve .... 50m lap abt 1min10sec but need to rest a bit before next lap ....
income 300k a yr....

Dick Trainee
31-03-2019, 11:09 PM
I consider myself acceptably wealthy for my current lifestyle. Just not as heng as some of the bros here who can shake leg AND still earn a lot. Non degree holding brat but manage to rake in 28K a month.

Since I hate driving here, I save a lot going to work by train. Plus I met my 2 FBs (of 3 years and 1 year) there while getting a ride. :D

Agree with bro sexresearcher. No health, you might as well just burn the cash. :)

laomeng
01-04-2019, 11:19 PM
High 4 ds to mid 5 ds.

It totally ranges from how fast my people are working and what projects i have on hand.

sexresearcher
09-04-2019, 03:43 PM
I consider myself acceptably wealthy for my current lifestyle. Just not as heng as some of the bros here who can shake leg AND still earn a lot. Non degree holding brat but manage to rake in 28K a month.

Since I hate driving here, I save a lot going to work by train. Plus I met my 2 FBs (of 3 years and 1 year) there while getting a ride. :D

Agree with bro sexresearcher. No health, you might as well just burn the cash. :)

Got to run like crazy in younger days before can shake leg right? Lots of people see only NOW but not all open mouth already has with golden or silver spoon in it. I save and invest >60% of my income in my younger days so its 先苦后甜。Heng those properties and S&P 10 year Bull fucking run worked out. Really took lots of risk but fuck it. Never think so much back then. Do or die. Those 20s-30s are really really tough. SARS, GFC all taken so much lost time and opportunities to reset again and again.

FML back then. Never want to go back to those times. No car, no money, no fucking nothing. See my friends in MNCs collecting fat bonuses and I am slogging it out as an entrepreneur with no certain pay cheque for next month. Still got to give parents.... :)

I remembered having $1XX in my bank one day when I am 29 years old and my NETS kenna rejected in NTUC. hahaha. Early 30s tell my then gf cannot get married as I am so broke. KNN days really. Sigh. Heng she stuck with me and I married her. Today I can give her $4,500 in allowance every month. She made the right investment.

jameschong1
13-04-2019, 02:19 PM
Today I can give her $4,500 in allowance every month. She made the right investment.

u oso in property line?

LaoErGeMaMa
13-04-2019, 02:59 PM
so many rich guys here ... :rolleyes::)

Ajax69
18-04-2019, 05:43 PM
I make $20K per month

Retirement Savings >$1M

My advice to you is to get a good education and find a good job paying a decent living. BUT, the key to your future success is to save enough so that you can retire comfortably as soon as you can. Don't depend on CPF...only good for leveraging and buying a place to live. You must put in extra money into a good investment fund with a good history (averaging eg. 8-10%/year over at least a 15 year span) and keep it in there until you retire. With 7% compounded, in 10 years you double your investment.

Try to grow this portfolio to at least $2M by the age of 60. Then you have house paid for and small CPF, but mainly you have ability to take out $100,000 extra per year without depleting your investment portfolio.

Don't worry about getting rich quick....your whole planning for life is to have enough to retire early.

parrotkid
20-04-2019, 11:23 PM
Seriously? So many of upu earning more than $10k a month?
Mind sharing what occupation or business you guys are in?

Alibaba23
22-04-2019, 09:46 PM
Well said, respect

Canoneos
28-04-2019, 05:57 PM
I took the safe kiasu way. Got an accounting degree (which is probably the easiest degree) then worked like a dog for big accounting firm. Later got sponsored to do masters. 20 years later, felt financially stable enough to come out and be my own boss. Clear around $20k after tax. Only need to work around 7 hours a day. Chiak beh liau since I live quite frugally.

YELLOW
28-04-2019, 06:44 PM
alot of ppl are 20k a mth bro .... 10k is quite junior....

Seriously? So many of upu earning more than $10k a month?
Mind sharing what occupation or business you guys are in?

parrotkid
30-04-2019, 07:43 PM

But people around me all earn less than $10k. Are they in the wrong jobs?
For employees to earn more than $10k not easy. Need high position.

doubleholecp
30-04-2019, 10:05 PM
But people around me all earn less than $10k. Are they in the wrong jobs?
For employees to earn more than $10k not easy. Need high position.

yes bro, $10k/mth are industry specific. certain industry even a senior manager barely hit $10k/mth

so there are ppl in the finance industry serving huge clients with 6 digits annually...

well, sometimes just be healthy with a decent job & a reasonable income can be a blessing too

my $0.02

ahgore
01-05-2019, 11:28 PM
Any bro here care to teach me how to fish so that i can have fish forever?

MuffDiver69
02-05-2019, 12:27 PM
wah!!! seems like everyone here is a high income/high ses chiongster.

I'm poorer than a church mouse. after all my expenses, i'm left with barely 10 dollars every month. mortgages and kid's expenses contribute to a huge chunk of my income.

just have to scrimp for another 6 years I hope. then i can sit back, relax and smell the roses.

MuffDiver69
02-05-2019, 12:29 PM
Any bro here care to teach me how to fish so that i can have fish forever?

hahaha.... fishing is easy but the issue is everyone is trying to catch the same measly fish.

yasuohate1
03-05-2019, 07:15 PM

For sure there are many jobs that pay more than 10K. But it is a gross exaggeration to simply say that "alot of people" make 20K and that 10 is junior.

The only industry where 10 is considered entry level is finance and even then, a very small subset of finance (IB, trading, sell side).

You might be lucky to be in such an industry but it's not helpful to paint such a distorted and unrealistic picture of the job market to others especially when the facts don't back it up (median and mean HOUSEHOLD income in Singapore is 7+k only, how does this translate to a large number of people making 20?)

hyd3128
04-05-2019, 10:42 PM
I am currently earning 6 figures/month and my passive income alone can cover my family's lifestyle. Yet I do not consider myself as high income. Cause by then, there are always people who might be earning much more than what you can earn.

Therefore, imho, as long as your passive income can cover all your lifestyle (not just basic expenses) and still have leftover to be invested again, then financial freedom is achieved.

By this time, health and time is becoming much more important.

ahgore
05-05-2019, 11:38 AM
hahaha.... fishing is easy but the issue is everyone is trying to catch the same measly fish.

Different fish lah.. just need the concept and the "how to".

Then can ally to grow fishes.

ahgore
05-05-2019, 11:39 AM
I am currently earning 6 figures/month and my passive income alone can cover my family's lifestyle. Yet I do not consider myself as high income. Cause by then, there are always people who might be earning much more than what you can earn.

Therefore, imho, as long as your passive income can cover all your lifestyle (not just basic expenses) and still have leftover to be invested again, then financial freedom is achieved.

By this time, health and time is becoming much more important.

Your passive income is from property industry?

Datingafter35
07-05-2019, 12:43 AM
Anyone here interested to hire a 40+ year old man for digital marketing?

I can write copy. Do headlines. And configure funnels and email autoresponder.

Need a stable job to get marry. Seriously.

enigma88
07-05-2019, 04:35 AM
wah!!! seems like everyone here is a high income/high ses chiongster.

I'm poorer than a church mouse. after all my expenses, i'm left with barely 10 dollars every month. mortgages and kid's expenses contribute to a huge chunk of my income.

just have to scrimp for another 6 years I hope. then i can sit back, relax and smell the roses.

This is reporting bias. People tend to show their achievements. From the discussion above, 10k seems to be the benchmark. Those earning less may feel inhibited to report here.

At the end of the day, 知足常乐, we should just be contented with life, happy and kind to others.

sexcision
08-05-2019, 05:01 PM
This is reporting bias. People tend to show their achievements. From the discussion above, 10k seems to be the benchmark. Those earning less may feel inhibited to report here.

At the end of the day, 知足常乐, we should just be contented with life, happy and kind to others.

I earn half of that. Barely enough to sustain my 2 kids...... but less the financial struggle, am quite happy with what I have thou definitely not enough for retirement......

hyd3128
09-05-2019, 01:01 AM
Your passive income is from property industry?

Not all under property. Some are from finance, money market, plantation, etc.. it doesn't always have to be under one particular industry. Any industry can be your golden egg. Timing of entry and exit is very important though.

ttocaw
10-05-2019, 12:17 PM
10k, 20k, not everyone is that fortunate to be making that kind of money.
Given the opportunity, who doesn't want to earn more ?

I think i must be one of the lower earners compared to those in the thread.

I'm in my mid 30s and i'm bringing home a bit shy of 5k. Started work since i'm 22.

My wife is a little more fortunate, she's in the low 7k range.

So i guess my family combined income is barely what some bros here make in a month haha.

Anyway, high income or not, i think it really depends on the perspective you take and your relationship with money.

We have 2 kids. The only debt we have is the 20 year mortgage on the house. We are comfortable, we travel, we eat, we have fun, we are properly insured. There's money in the CPF.

At the end of the month, we can still put aside a bit of money as savings and for investment. Not a lot, probably a few hundred dollars here and there.

I envy the high income earners not for the money they earn from their jobs, but for their ability to put aside a lot more for wealth building and retirement compared to average folks like me.

We do what we can, with what little we can, but it's still better than not doing anything.

Cost are high in SG on a lot of things and for sandwiched groups with retired parents, and young kids, it's even harder.

I honestly think i'm quite a high income earner. hahaha. Not trolling but with my shitty education qualifications, the people i mix with when i'm younger, and the kind of work i currently do, i think i can't complain.

I can only blame myself for not having an affinity with books when i'm younger. Now old already, want to learn, already too late. If i get a chance to go back my secondary school, i will 'throw shit on wall'

YELLOW
12-05-2019, 01:37 PM
Bro u are richer in many ways ....

10k, 20k, not everyone is that fortunate to be making that kind of money.
Given the opportunity, who doesn't want to earn more ?

I think i must be one of the lower earners compared to those in the thread.

I'm in my mid 30s and i'm bringing home a bit shy of 5k. Started work since i'm 22.

My wife is a little more fortunate, she's in the low 7k range.

So i guess my family combined income is barely what some bros here make in a month haha.

Anyway, high income or not, i think it really depends on the perspective you take and your relationship with money.

We have 2 kids. The only debt we have is the 20 year mortgage on the house. We are comfortable, we travel, we eat, we have fun, we are properly insured. There's money in the CPF.

At the end of the month, we can still put aside a bit of money as savings and for investment. Not a lot, probably a few hundred dollars here and there.

I envy the high income earners not for the money they earn from their jobs, but for their ability to put aside a lot more for wealth building and retirement compared to average folks like me.

We do what we can, with what little we can, but it's still better than not doing anything.

Cost are high in SG on a lot of things and for sandwiched groups with retired parents, and young kids, it's even harder.

I honestly think i'm quite a high income earner. hahaha. Not trolling but with my shitty education qualifications, the people i mix with when i'm younger, and the kind of work i currently do, i think i can't complain.

I can only blame myself for not having an affinity with books when i'm younger. Now old already, want to learn, already too late. If i get a chance to go back my secondary school, i will 'throw shit on wall'

aurahiongka
15-05-2019, 10:36 AM
do import and export good business

or side under ground jobs haha

GilengkiatMaMi
15-05-2019, 09:55 PM
some guys here are really rich :D

jameschong1
16-05-2019, 03:08 PM
do import and export good business
or side under ground jobs haha

wat u want import & export?
property consultants lah - me close 1 eye easily $5k a mth

twinv
16-05-2019, 11:48 PM
property consultant? Need which area of studies?

RoyalMonty
16-05-2019, 11:56 PM
wat u want import & export?
property consultants lah - me close 1 eye easily $5k a mth

Then you better close 2 eyes :D

Jt1990tj
19-05-2019, 09:23 AM
From what I read, passive income apart from your salary is very important. Been trying to build that part of my income but haven't been successful.. my divided portfolio all cut dividends, share price drop, salary also never increase that much 😂

But from experience, jump company is the fastest way to get a pay hike, but downside is you start all over again, learning new processes and meeting new people. Running your own business also comes with a lot of risk, hardwork and dedication (hats off to bros here who managed to kickoff your own businesses). I've friends on both spectrum, those who are doing really really well, and those who are living day by day, don't know whether their business will fail or not etc.

Never had the balls to go out and venture into my own business, so got myself to blame on that.

ilovepantyhose
19-05-2019, 10:38 AM
From what I read, passive income apart from your salary is very important. Been trying to build that part of my income but haven't been successful.. my divided portfolio all cut dividends, share price drop, salary also never increase that much

But from experience, jump company is the fastest way to get a pay hike, but downside is you start all over again, learning new processes and meeting new people. Running your own business also comes with a lot of risk, hardwork and dedication (hats off to bros here who managed to kickoff your own businesses). I've friends on both spectrum, those who are doing really really well, and those who are living day by day, don't know whether their business will fail or not etc.

Never had the balls to go out and venture into my own business, so got myself to blame on that.

when u invest, ensure a margin of safety. businesses with an economic moat can have a higher margin of safety

for reits: lower price to book, lower debt ratio, tenant diversification, geographical diversification, increasing dpu (or at least stable dpu), high occupancy rates, and a imba sponsor (in local context)

for blue chips: low debt ratio, geographical diversification, reasonable payout ratio (they dont borrow to pay dividends), revenue/profits not decreasing (at least stable), some defensive elements (telcos, utilities, transport)

when u receive the dividends, u can choose to plough it back in. otherwise, it can supplement your daily expenses or cheonging :p

must do your homework before u decide to invest, do your own due diligence DYODD

Jt1990tj
19-05-2019, 06:26 PM
when u invest, ensure a margin of safety. businesses with an economic moat can have a higher margin of safety

for reits: lower price to book, lower debt ratio, tenant diversification, geographical diversification, increasing dpu (or at least stable dpu), high occupancy rates, and a imba sponsor (in local context)

for blue chips: low debt ratio, geographical diversification, reasonable payout ratio (they dont borrow to pay dividends), revenue/profits not decreasing (at least stable), some defensive elements (telcos, utilities, transport)

when u receive the dividends, u can choose to plough it back in. otherwise, it can supplement your daily expenses or cheonging :p

must do your homework before u decide to invest, do your own due diligence DYODD

You've any in your current watchlist?

tissot36D
24-05-2019, 02:21 PM
In my humblest of humble opinion. Hard to rely on jobs if you want to make good money la... unless you doctor, lawyer or someone with a high cash trajectory profession. In singapore market ultra conservative.

You gotta come out and venture.

I pay myself $15k to $25k a month, and usually give myself 6 digit bonus a year. But I self employed..

I mid 30s.

Maybe we can all meet to network :P

despacito69
25-05-2019, 05:08 PM
True, to be an employee, you can hardly reach 10k mark before 40s.

singmarine
25-05-2019, 06:37 PM
I know a few bros who make more than $10-20K per month but they still unhappy & live in misery. Money is not everything.

maleescort7
25-05-2019, 11:38 PM
After reading a lot blogs and extensive research i suggest you to join JAV industry. They need men for their porn videos. On average, every JAV actor earns 20000$ per month.

Handsomerey
26-05-2019, 12:07 AM
20000 / month for male porn actor, that is great

LeeKeeKah
27-05-2019, 08:06 PM
In my humblest of humble opinion. Hard to rely on jobs if you want to make good money la... unless you doctor, lawyer or someone with a high cash trajectory profession. In singapore market ultra conservative.

You gotta come out and venture.

I pay myself $15k to $25k a month, and usually give myself 6 digit bonus a year. But I self employed..

I mid 30s.

Maybe we can all meet to network :P

Carry the balls of those White lightning will get high pay too :D

Swollew
28-05-2019, 06:33 PM
20000 / month for male porn actor, that is great

Very great indeed

Xiao_Zhu168
10-06-2019, 03:02 PM
so many richies here

TvampT
12-06-2019, 09:31 PM
so many richies here

Many rich people in Sg

urger
12-06-2019, 09:47 PM

I dun think telcos are classified as defensive stocks lor. Take M1 and Starhub, they have been paying so much dividend and actually eaten up their profit every year.

Telcos main income from is from subscription and handset sales. Now even Singtel is also changing their business model into cloud services and online gaming.

Btw seems like you are also a 'INer' member. :)

ilovepantyhose
12-06-2019, 10:37 PM
I dun think telcos are classified as defensive stocks lor. Take M1 and Starhub, they have been paying so much dividend and actually eaten up their profit every year.

Telcos main income from is from subscription and handset sales. Now even Singtel is also changing their business model into cloud services and online gaming.

Btw seems like you are also a 'INer' member. :)

i would consider telecommunications to be a defensive business, because ppl use it everyday. same goes for other businesses like utilities, transport, medical, consumer staples, fnb. ppl take bus/mrt/taxi, somebody will fall sick/see doctor, ppl makan, ppl will pangsai and use toilet paper/soap

telcos are generally big and stable companies, starhub/m1 are smaller than singtel but they were profitable during the 三国时代. bigger companies tend to have low growth, hence the profits go back to the shareholders in the form of dividends, they may retain part of their profits for capex or some growth/acquisition. one of the metric to take note of is the payout ratio, if the ratio is >1, i think its a red flag, because the company is borrowing to pay dividends. its not sustainable in the long run

for some time, starhub payout ratio was quite high, but their revenue and profit were declining, so they had to cut dividend to a more sustainable ratio. m1 revenue and profit were declining too until they were taken private. i think the entry of the MNVOs played a part, because the share of the pie got smaller as sg is a small market

yes, telcos main business is mainly provision of telecommunication and internet services. going into cloud services and online gaming may be good because it create additional streams of income. singtel is quite diversifed as they have ventured overseas, whereas starhub/m1 are local still

coypredator
12-06-2019, 10:39 PM
I earn half of that. Barely enough to sustain my 2 kids...... but less the financial struggle, am quite happy with what I have thou definitely not enough for retirement......

"Barely enough" is after considering your wife's salary? :confused:

Pictionary
16-06-2019, 12:06 AM
Went to genting dream cruise. Table roulette per bet is $20 minimum. FSG(electronic gaming) per bet is $2 minimum. 4 jackpot roulette. Table Big Small Dice per bet is $10.

Very hard to see ppl striking on one exact number table roulette at all. Only once i see someone strike exact number 2 times consecutively. I calculate if play a few rounds per game, will lose at most $400. If play 3 games lose $1200. I didn't touch the table bec if really lose, can never recover the losses. This is worse than genting malaysia. I dun know how to get platinum card to get access to genting club casino. Do u really need to play $2-3k just to get the platinum card and lose $10k just to maintain the card.

My winning rate at dream cruise is lagi worse than genting malaysia, cannot change table, know nuts about sic bo dice.

What will u do in my situation, play the table or the electronic roulette? And what will be the worst outcome of playing table at the end of the cruise? Lose $1k, $2k or more? Who is suitable to play for these high stakes game? $5k monthly salary?

Princess cruise or royal carribean got table roulette $5 per bet?

SWINGER888
16-06-2019, 08:18 AM
Hi everyone,

just asking since we are on the topic of high income... hope ts dun mind i asking in this thread..

how much should a avg person in sg have in their 30s or 40s
i mean in savings etc...

30s --- 100k or?
40s --- 100k ?

just curious to know the kpi on this :)

cheers

lotsfits80
16-06-2019, 11:38 PM
I also have a question, which industry is best to work for in Singapore for the next 5 years?

lotsfits80
21-06-2019, 09:06 PM
DOCTOR esp surgeon
COMMERCIAL LAWYER
MERCHANT BANKER
IT ENTERPRENEUR

now you know u can act on that?

I do SALES/MARKETING, if enter those companies means the company can do well and should be profitable right?

aurahiongka
25-06-2019, 01:36 PM
zzzzz, typo err

Venom22232425
25-06-2019, 10:28 PM
High income = Good health so you get to enjoy your wealth. Most people are overly engrossed on the amount of "papers" they can generate and forget about their health. I ever encountered two owners I worked for who were/are in their 50s but look as though they are in their 60s due to a lack of rest and constantly demand for more figures and at that age, they were/are still crazy about money to the point I shook my head when I was on the verge of departing. Money is important that is for sure, to say that it isn't would be lying to make oneself feel better about themselves. Still, true wealth is 1. Healthy. 2. Money and Happiness. Most people either look backward and look too far away and forget about living in the moment.

TvampT
28-06-2019, 07:28 PM
High income = Good health so you get to enjoy your wealth. Most people are overly engrossed on the amount of "papers" they can generate and forget about their health. I ever encountered two owners I worked for who were/are in their 50s but look as though they are in their 60s due to a lack of rest and constantly demand for more figures and at that age, they were/are still crazy about money to the point I shook my head when I was on the verge of departing. Money is important that is for sure, to say that it isn't would be lying to make oneself feel better about themselves. Still, true wealth is 1. Healthy. 2. Money and Happiness. Most people either look backward and look too far away and forget about living in the moment.

Very well said bro! :)

lotsfits80
05-07-2019, 05:47 PM

I’m the other way round. Just went for health check, everything very good, doctor said my health passed with flying colors, even for a mid-30’s in today’s world (compared to some 20 somethings who have wrecked their health big time)

But as a mid-30, I’m just a typical salaryman. I have heard many rags to riches stories but I think those who never made it, are 100x more. In this society, I think only those are already rich can get richer. All the good investment opportunities I’ve come across need you to have a good amount of capital beforehand. Sigh.

Pictionary
07-07-2019, 12:29 AM
I’m the other way round. Just went for health check, everything very good, doctor said my health passed with flying colors, even for a mid-30’s in today’s world (compared to some 20 somethings who have wrecked their health big time)

But as a mid-30, I’m just a typical salaryman. I have heard many rags to riches stories but I think those who never made it, are 100x more. In this society, I think only those are already rich can get richer. All the good investment opportunities I’ve come across need you to have a good amount of capital beforehand. Sigh.

Start to plan for medical insurance since u do not have any pre-existing medical condition. Hospital bills is not cheap and relying on medishield is not enough.

But better u ask if u cause your own injury how and dun follow rules etc? Like jaywalking, escooter illegally on road? Can claim medical insurance or not?

renxun
15-07-2019, 09:24 PM
A malaysian can share? Had been a silent reader for long. Have a fair share to share as well.....living alone in johor. Income wise was not stable..sometimes making over 50k myr a month...to rm1.2m in 10 months... there are months zero income or few k collection becuz its project base in industrial...had not much of retirement funds bcuz sometimes need the chunk of money to roll...what i can do is to buy houses as a forced savings.. at the time now i had 4 houses still paying at around value to date rm3mil...drove a few decent but bought used cars....was not too happy though because my best buddy who are near me fled after failed his business...some are occupied with family.. failed 2 relationship in past 3 years...i felt my financial planning are not great due to my business nature... life is not too great...but have been glad that i still i am not tied up in spending.. the only thing is life quality kindda sucks..

Pictionary
15-07-2019, 10:46 PM
A malaysian can share? Had been a silent reader for long. Have a fair share to share as well.....living alone in johor. Income wise was not stable..sometimes making over 50k myr a month...to rm1.2m in 10 months... there are months zero income or few k collection becuz its project base in industrial...had not much of retirement funds bcuz sometimes need the chunk of money to roll...what i can do is to buy houses as a forced savings.. at the time now i had 4 houses still paying at around value to date rm3mil...drove a few decent but bought used cars....was not too happy though because my best buddy who are near me fled after failed his business...some are occupied with family.. failed 2 relationship in past 3 years...i felt my financial planning are not great due to my business nature... life is not too great...but have been glad that i still i am not tied up in spending.. the only thing is life quality kindda sucks..
I a bit dun understand and i dun think bros here can advise you. Not trying to bring u down. But SG is totally different from MY. Example in MY, if you have motorcycle or car accident after work you are covered. But in SG, if u have motorcycle or car accident after work, you are not covered. Already cannot cope in SG, who wants to even comprehend MY?

renxun
15-07-2019, 11:05 PM
I a bit dun understand and i dun think bros here can advise you. Not trying to bring u down. But SG is totally different from MY. Example in MY, if you have motorcycle or car accident after work you are covered. But in SG, if u have motorcycle or car accident after work, you are not covered. Already cannot cope in SG, who wants to even comprehend MY?

U mean not covered by insurance? The personal PA or the vehicle you meant? But either one here in my we are covered around the clock.

renxun
16-07-2019, 12:41 AM
What im sharing is not to tell i cant survive.. it only mean although the iregularity i still live quite comfort . What im saying is sometimes there are many things cant be bought.. life balanxe is the most important in my point of view

jameschong1
19-07-2019, 03:38 PM
[QUOTE=TomMAffolter;18955038]im confused 50k /month = 12k usd
1.2m/10mth= 120k/mth = 25k usd

property consultant like me close 1 eye easily earn S$10k

Mervon
21-07-2019, 05:28 PM

Talk only everybody also can. Show proof la :D

ttocaw
26-07-2019, 08:18 PM

Bro, start small.

500 or 1000 can start you off on building your portfolio.

Most important thing is you understand where this 500 or 1000 is going to.

Even in investment, you need to do your homework. There's a lot of reading to do. The bare minimum you need to understand is what your money is doing after you invest.

Is it going to line the pocket of the financial adviser ? or it that 1000 going to work harder for you ?

My very first investment was about $780 sgd. Singpost share , 1 lot. Post credit crisis.

Even when i press the trade button also worry. First time.

Spend your free time reading up about how all these instruments work.

I'm not a guru or anything but over the years, i manage to build up a small portfolio of stocks.

Everytime i buy, is always small amount, max a few k. Always a few hundred here and there that i can scrap together, put aside. Then slowly accumulate.

I'm keeping for dividend. Every year or so, look see a bit, overvalued stuff, sell, got bargain, buy a bit to keep. Get dividend, don't spend, keep it. Then buy more.

Tell yourself these money you don't intend to touch for the next 10-20 years.
It won't happen overnight but eventually you will see your piggy bank grow.

I'm also an average salary man with wife and kids.

Small capital cannot huat big, but no reason why we cannot huat small. hahah

Orange22
28-07-2019, 09:22 AM

Maybe you should close both eyes and earn double :D

Pictionary
28-07-2019, 09:30 PM
There is such thing as no hard work and can earn money.

I start the ball rolling
(1) ComCare financial assistance
(2) Gambling
(3) Rental
Anything more?

I know of my fren who successfully got ComCare. I starting agree but later on disagree. It's a sensitive issue as i know some disgrunted ppl will curse and swear. So i am not sharing how. So go ahead to complain to MPs, they will think u are nuts, no details complain what?

Gambling, i sort of agree 50-50.

Rental, i guess i no need to elaborate.

Shares, i did not include. This one need to put a bit of effort. No easy money.

aurahiongka
31-07-2019, 11:24 AM
There is such thing as no hard work and can earn money.

I start the ball rolling
(1) ComCare financial assistance
(2) Gambling
(3) Rental
Anything more?

I know of my fren who successfully got ComCare. I starting agree but later on disagree. It's a sensitive issue as i know some disgrunted ppl will curse and swear. So i am not sharing how. So go ahead to complain to MPs, they will think u are nuts, no details complain what?

Gambling, i sort of agree 50-50.

Rental, i guess i no need to elaborate.

Shares, i did not include. This one need to put a bit of effort. No easy money.

for myself:

gambling
trading
loaning

Siriusam
31-07-2019, 12:00 PM
I think in today's context, earning $20K+ then is considered high income bah.. I'm talking about individual ah, not household income.

Ideally, I would consider $30K+ then is wealthy.

Nowadays fresh grads already make $3-5K, after 8-10 years easily break the $10K mark so if you tell me $10K+ is high income, you would be surprised how easily attainable that is in SG.

And I'm only talking about conventional corporate career progression. If you talk about entrepreneurs or investors or self-employed, that one don't need to say lah.. you'll be talking about typically $30K+/ month...

Live D14-D16 condo, you will need around $30K a month household income (considering you have kids also lah).. and you already know this level is already quite common in SG..

aurahiongka
01-08-2019, 10:25 AM
i feel p2p lending business is good money in longer term

albertlimCC
01-08-2019, 03:43 PM
i feel p2p lending business is good money in longer term

P2P? Ah Long?

flcult
01-08-2019, 03:55 PM
P2P? Ah Long?

+1...i also looking for lobang but I hv a very tender bottom and yes, I still qualify for caning.

FreakingPartner
02-08-2019, 03:43 PM
P2P? Ah Long?

Ah Long - illegal
Ah Loong - legal
:D

ilovepantyhose
02-08-2019, 04:21 PM
Ah Long - illegal
Ah Loong - legal
:D

biggest landlord

biggest bookie

big paycheck sponsored by taxpayers

levies on cigarettes, alcohol blah blah

huat until buay jeen chu :p;):D

Whore8U
03-08-2019, 11:59 AM
biggest landlord

biggest bookie

Mai jeen chu …. gao chu kua dio bor lan jiao buay ngeh :D

babelia
04-08-2019, 03:12 PM
biggest landlord

biggest bookie

Mai jeen chu …. gao chu kua dio bor lan jiao buay ngeh :D

Both of you KNS, but I like! :D

aurahiongka
05-08-2019, 09:48 AM
P2P? Ah Long?

not ah long but those IOU type of loans

simple legal black and white paper sign...

walterwong
05-08-2019, 05:25 PM
I just got a decent job recently as Technician with 2.3k sgd per month. Completed my NS few weeks back.

aurahiongka
06-08-2019, 12:55 PM
i also feel bookies are earning big too

sexfrenzy
16-08-2019, 02:12 PM
IMHO, earning big money is one thing. Expenditure is another. I have encountered many younger generations (2 of them are junior investment bankers reaping in 300k+) in debts until parents have to come in and bail them out.

Doesn't matter your income, you need good financial know-how and leverage on whatever you have to reach financial freedom.

Personally, I am in the IT industry doing Ops role. Package about average 180k/pa ballpark for the past 10 years. Currently downgraded to a 12k monthly role to concentrate on a small biz that I started. Wife getting around 120k.

Our combined networth (husband & wife) excluding CPF, house, inheritance is around 1.9M. Could have been more if not for some bad debts (friends/relatives) and some wayward investments. :rolleyes:

Not good enough for retirement but working towards the goal.

sexfrenzy
16-08-2019, 02:14 PM
100% agree.

NittoNaigai
16-08-2019, 10:04 PM
i also feel bookies are earning big too

Biggest bookie in SG - guess who? :D

aurahiongka
19-08-2019, 10:55 AM
Biggest bookie in SG - guess who? :D

SG POOL (GOV BOOKIE)

aczeta76
23-10-2019, 11:20 AM
I make 15K a month.. property all paid off.

Alt b/w paid sex and FB

Does it make a difference?

lotsfits80
23-10-2019, 09:15 PM
I make 15K a month.. property all paid off.

Alt b/w paid sex and FB

Does it make a difference?

So jealous... you living the life man.

what's "alt b/w"?

3someIsAwesome
24-10-2019, 05:56 PM
So jealous... you living the life man.

what's "alt b/w"?

I think he meant alternate between

enzyme
25-10-2019, 12:11 AM
Thanks to all bros whom have shared.

Finish reading 8 pages and spent some time reflecting on my own situation.

Not young anymore, will have to start planning for future and retirement.

Really amazed by how some have achieve so much in such time span.

Reminds me of a time whereby a girl whom I really like chose another guy who drives a Lambo. Really felt like shit then....

But I don’t blame the guy Nor the girl.

It is me, that I could not give her the life that she wants.

Well life is the best teacher.

Time to work hard, for me💪

pakpak2001
25-10-2019, 11:31 AM
I just got a decent job recently as Technician with 2.3k sgd per month. Completed my NS few weeks back.
================================================== =========
Bro, my salary not stable, float from $1,600 to $4,000 per month.
already late 40s, divorce, no flat no car no savings, got black record.
any chance to get a good honest local girl as wife?

Andreme
25-10-2019, 11:59 AM
For those who are earning middle to low income, a piece of advise for you all. Alot of times we come across good business opportunities but they require us to pump in alot of capital and obviously us regular folk dont have that kind of spare cash lying around. What i suggest and what im doing now is to go and learn a money making skill that has to do with the stock market or FX or commodities, these are the easiest platforms for those of us with small capital to grow our small money into big money.

Of course be smart la dont expect to get rich overnite , it takes time and usually about 5 to 10 years of time for your money to grow.

If you really cannot take out $100 dollars to open a trading account then i suggest you look back at your life and make changes from there. First is always start with bad habits and bad friends, remove those from your life that only bring you down and hang out with those that bring you up. Of course you cant do anything about family members, the best you can do is to keep your distance from them or learn to live well below your means.

Alot of people that are rich didnt live like a rich man when they earn alot, they live like their a student in secondary school and forcefully save alot of their income until they can use that money to earn them money.

just a 2 cents from a average guy living a average life.:D

lsecretl
25-10-2019, 07:08 PM
37 with 2 kids. last year was 220+ dont consider myself as high income, probably a middle income family and dont really have to choose between bonk and food, of course i dont go for those 500+ SGD golden pussy lol, everything looks nice and shiny before you shoot, but once you shoot it is all dull.

I would say health matters more, you make a mil a month but cannot raise your head to bonk also sian right? lol

jake1
27-10-2019, 11:00 AM
I also no money. Hope all boss huat many. I can help do documents for loan. I got lobang.

Aadyn
27-10-2019, 10:34 PM
No quote, 10char

Aadyn
27-10-2019, 10:37 PM
I remembered having $1XX in my bank one day when I am 29 years old and my NETS kenna rejected in NTUC. hahaha. Early 30s tell my then gf cannot get married as I am so broke. KNN days really. Sigh. Heng she stuck with me and I married her. Today I can give her $4,500 in allowance every month. She made the right investment.

To be honest, did not expect to find such a thread here. After reading through all the stories that fellow bros have shared, inspired me to really do something about my own situation.

Just curious, if you were broke in the late 20s/early 30s, i'm guessing that your business only successfully rocketed in your late 30s?

ibanezjem555
27-10-2019, 10:49 PM
Wow ! Lots of rich bros here ! Bottom line is health is wealth. Got money cannot enjoy is terok.

And be contented. Seen many rich people, not happy, half the time quarrelling with business associates and the other half time quarrelling with family.

A rich neighbour died recently after living a ripe old age but estranged from wife and children. Young worked hard and accumulated wealth for wife n kids but no time to spend with them. Later all left him. Not sure of details but can be quite lonely.

pakpak2001
28-10-2019, 10:42 AM
[QUOTE=ibanezjem555;19370835]Wow ! Lots of rich bros here ! Bottom line is health is wealth. Got money cannot enjoy is terok.
And be contented. Seen many rich people, not happy, half the time quarrelling with business associates and the other half time quarrelling with family.
================================================== ==========
Work Hard - But remember to enjoy!
No point slogging to earn money only to buy medicine & a nice coffin!
I have been saying this since 2001 but the problem is I enjoy so much & give them all to outside girls.

now no $$$ also good in that no need quarral but kena Fuck by people & girls only.

Greendevil
29-10-2019, 09:37 AM
I dont consider myself as one earning high income. just barely 10 yrs ago, i was at the verge of bankrupt with debt running more than 10x of my monthly income. somehow, i manage to overcome all odds and difficulties, stay focus and work really hard.

Coming close to 10yrs later, my income have jump 4-5 fold, coming to 20k monthly, and no longer in a financial situation. I did not venture into business like many have, i did not have the capital or could afford the risk.

My sharing to all is, work hard, really hard and take calculated risk. what you have now is time, and there are people willing to pay $ to buy your time. you just have to trade off the time and progressively increase your time value. Also, learn to value opportunity. if you doing the same old things everyday and currently not in good shape, you will not be better off 1 year later. CHANGE. start with the smallest change like your daily habit. read a newspaper (not those gossip type), clear your own plate, slowly be better person, in term of character, academic or skill. Lastly, if you working for your company for 3-5 yrs and still no progress, move on. any promotion that come to you will not be because of your good performance but because someone pity you for your loyalty. good one will just rise above the rest.

pakpak2001
29-10-2019, 12:50 PM
[QUOTE=Greendevil;19375923]
if you doing the same old things everyday and currently not in good shape, you will not be better off 1 year later. CHANGE. start with the smallest change like your daily habit. read a newspaper (not those gossip type), clear your own plate, slowly be better person, in term of character, academic or skill.========
bro, tks for the simple yet very good and can-work advice
i will start today read straits times instead of listen all day to fuck stories by cheonsters, also clear my own plate when eat outside, also walk 4 bus stop instead take shuttle bus, cut down beer every day.
more important will build up own house painting business by try talk direct to reno contractors instead of just waiting for people to kai seow.

will also cut down massage expense
tks bro for your advice

pakpak2001
29-10-2019, 07:21 PM
yes can find old fat divorcee single mom in the months you earn 4k she will stay around when you earn 1.6k she will dump you :)======================================
in this case i better beat aeroplane.
old fat want to stay with me only when I earn $4k a month - with $4k I can cheong at least 1 time Geylang $150, 2 times massage, one time petain.
hahaha
anyway thanks for remind me

Lawofhonesty
29-10-2019, 07:58 PM
Yes. Definitely can find. Only depend is pretty or not. Fat or slim. Old or young. Haha

lotsfits80
29-10-2019, 09:50 PM
yes can find old fat divorcee single mom in the months you earn 4k she will stay around when you earn 1.6k she will dump you :)

4k considered average salary? or above average?

Greendevil
30-10-2019, 09:50 AM
bro, tks for the simple yet very good and can-work advice
i will start today read straits times instead of listen all day to fuck stories by cheonsters, also clear my own plate when eat outside, also walk 4 bus stop instead take shuttle bus, cut down beer every day.
more important will build up own house painting business by try talk direct to reno contractors instead of just waiting for people to kai seow.

will also cut down massage expense
tks bro for your advice[/QUOTE]

Bro good luck. but dont totally cut off your friends. keep your network alive, just probably need to priority your life better and only go drinking for business or true buddy.

fallen11
02-11-2019, 02:16 AM
if u do the same things as what poor or ordinary people do, dont expect your outcome to be much different from theirs.
Do what rich people do to become rich (they dont spend like no tmr to become rich).
Do things that no ordinary people are willing to do (instead of waiting for lobangs, go out there and find your own lobangs or snatch it from someone else).
Only when u start doing things which no ordinary people will do, then u will become extraordinary. :D

pakpak2001
02-11-2019, 09:51 AM
only go drinking for business or true buddy.
================================================== ==========
yes bro, now i only drink in coffeeshops i/o KTVs, niteclubs, pubs like last time.
also restrict to 1 bottle beer i/o martell, gorden blue, henessy like last time.
all my previous BROTHERS and buddies all left me, siam me after hearing i check out of changi. some even block my mobile number.

now only 2 buddies from changi.
tks for the advice bro

YELLOW
05-12-2019, 12:37 PM
agree... many exceedingly rich ppl i know are actually quite thrifty . we ought to learn something from that. good point from bro earlier also ... if we keep doing the same thing everiday how do we expect to change.... i will make some positive changes to myself too. .....

williamtan8056
05-12-2019, 11:05 PM
Yes. They spend on items that resales value. You can see they buy watches,gold.

Borrister
14-12-2019, 03:35 PM
For those who are earning middle to low income, a piece of advise for you all. Alot of times we come across good business opportunities but they require us to pump in alot of capital and obviously us regular folk dont have that kind of spare cash lying around. What i suggest and what im doing now is to go and learn a money making skill that has to do with the stock market or FX or commodities, these are the easiest platforms for those of us with small capital to grow our small money into big money.

Of course be smart la dont expect to get rich overnite , it takes time and usually about 5 to 10 years of time for your money to grow.

If you really cannot take out $100 dollars to open a trading account then i suggest you look back at your life and make changes from there. First is always start with bad habits and bad friends, remove those from your life that only bring you down and hang out with those that bring you up. Of course you cant do anything about family members, the best you can do is to keep your distance from them or learn to live well below your means.

Alot of people that are rich didnt live like a rich man when they earn alot, they live like their a student in secondary school and forcefully save alot of their income until they can use that money to earn them money.

just a 2 cents from a average guy living a average life.:D

Very sound advice bro :)