PDA

View Full Version : dad don't accept my fiance who is a divorcee

keano
06-10-2014, 04:20 PM
hi bros,

I know this is the 21st Century and a very modern world etc..but all these reasons are not helping me, at this particular scenario in my life right now.

Yes my dad. He is not accepting my decision. My fiancé is a divorcee with no child thou. He is blaming on my partner and with all sorts of unkind reasons one could think of.

People like my mum and fiancé did cried a lot over it and I am totally clueless how to go about it.

I wondered any of you undergo this sorta issue before and how did you settle it?

perhaps can share with me?

Apprec it man!

sammyboyfor
06-10-2014, 05:01 PM
You're the one who's marrying the girl so why do you give a flying fuck about your dad's opinion. :rolleyes:

yangguo
06-10-2014, 05:05 PM
Personally I have not experienced such a similar situation before.

Nevetheless I reckon nowadays parents are more open minded and receptive towards re-marriage.

It will be such a wonderful thing to have the blessing from both parents especially when comes to marriage but if you encounter circumstance like this, I guess you may have to go against the will or intentions of the opposing parent(s).

I reckon it's just a matter of time when your father will choose to accept your future wife when he sees you living happily after marriage.

Lastly, I wish u all the best and happy forever in your marriage :D:p

Johnbass
06-10-2014, 05:59 PM
TS u how old ah?
U said you are totally clueless how to go about it...
No wonder your father is telling you what to do...
Cos' most likely you will end up making the wrong decision again.
Just don't expect your parents to clean up your mess.

Can you afford to marry and have a place of your own... By yourself?
If yes... Just go ahead and be the MAN.
If not... Pls be a good boy and listen to your Father.
:D

SnowLeopards
06-10-2014, 06:30 PM
Parents always want the best for their children, well, most parents I would say.

In your case, I'm more incline to feel that the word 'divorcee' has a major impact on your dad.

Pierre.

Captainoceania77
06-10-2014, 09:59 PM
My mum also discouraged me to go with a divorcee who has a son...she told me things is not easy as seems and will be complicated. The woman might wants to use the stepfather to support them.

LaoNong
07-10-2014, 01:10 AM
Parents always want the best for their children, well, most parents I would say.

Yes i agree

Edyta
07-10-2014, 05:06 PM
My mum also discouraged me to go with a divorcee who has a son...she told me things is not easy as seems and will be complicated. The woman might wants to use the stepfather to support them.

Yes it can be complicated but not all divorced women have low earning power and eager to grab a new husband for financial reasons. Many are infact wary of introducing new man to the kid's life for fear of hurting them when things dont work out.

Rocode
07-10-2014, 05:56 PM
hi bros,

I know this is the 21st Century and a very modern world etc..but all these reasons are not helping me, at this particular scenario in my life right now.

Yes my dad. He is not accepting my decision. My fiancé is a divorcee with no child thou. He is blaming on my partner and with all sorts of unkind reasons one could think of.

People like my mum and fiancé did cried a lot over it and I am totally clueless how to go about it.

I wondered any of you undergo this sorta issue before and how did you settle it?

Apprec it man!

Hi TS..

MY OPINION

Its Your Life.. its Your Happiness..

Your Decision

Cheers

autoroam
07-10-2014, 07:42 PM
Hi TS..

MY OPINION

Its Your Life.. its Your Happiness..

Your Decision

Cheers

Totally agreed with you:cool::D

NewtonRoad
08-10-2014, 12:44 AM
Totally agreed with you:cool::D

same here bro

linrx
08-10-2014, 01:36 PM
hi bros,

Apprec it man!

Your lao beh oppose yo marrying her:
1. Did he oppose himself marrying her
2. Did he oppose you cohabiting with her?

Fiancé means totally nothing, even my significant other knows better when I bought her a significant token, my point is even when I am cheem chai about her pseudo ex-marriage status her female PRC colleagues are the ones saying how she has got a kid outside of Singapore, living in with some old man while knowing me, etc, etc, etc. Welcome to Singapore!

Have you got time finding your ancestors already? If you are a Christian/Catholic have you baptised? If you are a buddhist have you sought triple gem refuge? If you are a Muslim, that one you know better than I do what family laws are there in Islam. If you are a Taoist, an Agnostic, or even an Animalist, you know that what will kill you will also kill your parents, is your fiancé fertile?

topcook1
09-10-2014, 12:15 PM
Parents will always make a good decision for their children..They dont wanna them to suffer. They have their own points.

MIFAcafe
09-10-2014, 12:32 PM
Parents always believe they know what best for their children......

Trust me...... They don't have a clue........ They just pretend and act as if they know what is the best for you.

I never listen to my parents when come to choosing girls or finance.

newyorker88
09-10-2014, 12:34 PM
TS,

before we go deeper, how old are you? And the back ground of this guy? On one hand I agree that your dad must have some reasons to oppose your decision. But you have your right to your own future as well.

Perhaps, you should get to know why your dad oppose this marriage. I am sure you can have a good talk with your dad. All parents love their children. And want to care for them.

A divorcee does not mean he is a bad person. Find out what happened. It may hurt him, but there are points that may affect you in future when you marry him as well if you do not know what happened. In a way, bad experience in the past between you and him may surface again and he compare you and his ex.

If you think you can understand him and is very sure you can overcome with it, then try to talk to your father about it. I am sure the story is not so simple. Your dad is trying to protect you, but you have your own future to consider.

Perhaps, it is best to check out more with your hubby to be first on what happened.

Everyone has a past.

Castrol
09-10-2014, 11:34 PM
Your lao beh oppose yo marrying her:
1. Did he oppose himself marrying her

you mean the lao beh himself wants to marry her??

demonhunter
10-10-2014, 01:39 AM
you mean the lao beh himself wants to marry her??

You mean he meant the lao beh opposed the marriage because he wanna marry her ?

:eek:

lovingyou
10-10-2014, 04:16 PM
Dad marrying

or

YOU are getting marry ?

You are old enough to make your own decision.

:confused:

loneyheart
23-10-2014, 01:58 PM
Hi bro/Sis kid r always kid in t eye of yr parent ... u r gem to them ... out of love they will want t very best or prefect one for u
May b he yr dad may not understand yr fiance well in person character
He / She may want to put in more effort to let him understand more to gain his trust n fav
At the end it yr live u make the choice n yr futures .... blessing to u bro / sis :)

½Man½Beast
23-10-2014, 02:52 PM
i dont really get it?

did u even inform your parents when u got engaged with that guy?
if you didnt, then why bother about your dad's objection to the relationship now? if u are of legal age, go ahead and marry him, but prepare to take all responsibility and outcome, be it is good or bad.

hi bros,

yes my dad. He is not accepting my decision. My fiancé is a divorcee with no child thou. He is blaming on my partner and with all sorts of unkind reasons one could think of.

Apprec it man!

ShittyAss
26-10-2014, 04:03 PM
I am curious TS...how come your dad will know ur fiancé is divorcee??

No child means no luggage mah... U go tell your dad for what??

daizepam
26-10-2014, 11:18 PM
Errr firstly... OP... fiancé = guy . Fiancée = gal.

So when u said your fiancé was a divorcee and you're obviously a guy... you kinda confused me.

2ndly... Deep down. each parent cares for their child. They don't want you to get hurt. That may be why he is not accepting your r/s with her.
But if you explain your side to them, and they still don't want to accept your feelings for another person... nothing they can do. In time, im sure your dad will see your side of the story.. and accept her. Good luck.