PDA

View Full Version : Forty five per cent pay rise...

sunhuan-con
28-08-2014, 05:06 PM
Right now I am working in town and is in a comfort zone. However I am offer a 45 per cent pay rise if I switch into next company which is in Tuas area....In a dilemma now. Can anyone here advise? I stay in north area...:D

wayne23416
28-08-2014, 05:36 PM
TS,

Tuas is a total different view as compared to the cbd..also..choices of food may not be very close to your workplace and usually people would longpang their colleague's car to get food or when they go home. if 45% is a significant rise monetarily, it would say go for it..but if the 45% is like 1-2k and most of the amt is going to b spent on transport, then...i suggest not to as u'll b back at square one and u wont b happy working there..

Johnbass
28-08-2014, 06:04 PM
My Towkay fren says take the 45% job offer...
Then go back to your boss and ask for 55% increment...
Then everyone happy.
Provided you are a high performer lah.

:D

sbclove69
28-08-2014, 06:44 PM
if no personal transport.
1 way trip MRT 1 hour Bus into Tuas 1 hour
1 day 4 hours

in Town 45 mins MRT
1 day 1.5 hours

as pointed above 45% is relative.
1000 45% is 450
300 extra for transport

150 extra a month for 55 hours(per month) of leisure time lost, squeezing into public transport.

Worth it ?

demonhunter
28-08-2014, 07:14 PM
Its not about the location . Be it Tuas or Changi .

How much is the 45%

How old are you ?

is it the same industry ?

You need to put in more info to get solid advice from me .

:cool:

ColdBlood99
28-08-2014, 08:02 PM
tuas mostly are oil and gas, marine industry :D

Ngengheng
28-08-2014, 10:31 PM
What industry is that

Ngengheng
28-08-2014, 10:33 PM
So good....should try

Castrol
29-08-2014, 11:49 AM
unless live in jurong otherwise work in tuas sibay sian.
travelling to and from work becomes the main event everyday.

I had to be transferred to the new tuas plant that time when I was originally stationed in goldhill.

by the time I reached the pub at night (late), i was tired and my friends were already drunk.

so it was either I fuck off from the company or start drinking in jurong.
I chose the former. :D

Wintermelontea
29-08-2014, 02:03 PM
If comfort zone, why leave? Just make yourself uncomfortable there by asking for more work and increase pay/promotion.

If it is about money, 45% of $2,500 (assumption) = $1,125. Total will be $3,625 (before CPF).

You can revert to another bro's travelling time and deduct from there. If you are driving, deduct even more...at least $400 - $600 of petrol monthly and depends on how high a cc you are driving.

Difference in JD? And North can be from AMK to Woodlands. If AMK...far! If Woodlands, still not too bad (whether by car or MRT). Car wise, expect traffic jam during peak hours. Go off before 4.30 pm and wake up as early as 5:15 am to prepare for work.

happywoody
29-08-2014, 03:07 PM
i would take into consideration future prospects.

by moving to Tuas are you exposed to more learning opportunities/promotions?
while the $ and cents are important, if you ask the older warriors, they'd say they relished the opportunities to learn and be exposed to new skills/experience.

KiamTeoZap
29-08-2014, 08:06 PM
Bro

If you like the new job and enjoy the new job you will stay long at the new job.

Right now I am working in town and is in a comfort zone. However I am offer a 45 per cent pay rise if I switch into next company which is in Tuas area....In a dilemma now. Can anyone here advise? I stay in north area...:D

BroRelax
31-08-2014, 01:51 AM
Agree with most bro here.

Also wish to add that TS may wish to think of long term plan. Suffer now, but take the extra $$$ to invest in something later. Example, properties. Then in your later years, you will have enough money and will not worried too much of losing your job and can possibly retire early.

mentholfresh
03-09-2014, 08:27 PM
Bro,

45% increase because the location is further, 45% increase means they expected u to perform/work as least 45% more efficient/better/faster than your current job.

arsenal_84
06-09-2014, 09:53 AM
another school of thought is work for 1 to 2 years then jump using your 45% pay rise for justification of the next higher paying job :D

PPGirl
06-09-2014, 11:59 AM
What is ur gross salary now? :D

As far as i know, those working at tuas, the company provides transport for their staff to there. My sis work at tuas twice n both her companies provide transport. (Both d companies not oil/gas/marine industries)

Normally the companies at tuas do offer quite attractive salary.
I would say go for it if d increase is more than 1.5k.
Some points to note:
1) any career advancement?
2) new learning opportunities/skill?
3) interested to work in that industry? I know some dun like certain industry.. i dun like construction

clubenjoy
06-09-2014, 11:46 PM
First of all, I want to congratulate u.

Cause if someone freaking offer u a 45percent pay diff to want to employ u it says something.. At least to u I guess..

Then comes to the point of to leave or not to leave.

But I am guessing.. U already somehow or rather in your heart have some answers right?

I could be wrong thou

Anyway, all the best

Cheers