PDA

View Full Version : What do Singaporean Men like in a girl?

emogirl
11-05-2014, 08:28 PM
Hi boys,

i'm here out of curiosity. I moved here from San Diego about 6 months ago. I was dating someone for a bit but that ended badly. I'm not really looking for anyone to be in a relationship and I don't really want a fuck buddy or anything but I would like to go on a date or two. Just to meet people and see Singapore more. I do hit the club with my friends but we're mostly expats from the US, UK and Australia. Even though I'm of Korean decent and look very "asian" it's pretty hard to meet guys here in Singapore. Most guys seem shy or they don't seem to like talking very much. It's always "can i buy you a drink" and then wanting to grind on the dance floor. No in-betweens. Or maybe I just don't know how to read guys here.

So I'm looking for some friendly advice. What do Singaporean guys like to do? Usually in San Diego, we can go hiking, to the beach, road trips. But it's different here. It's pretty much restricted to clubbing, dinners, movies. That's about it. Would love to explore the Singaporean male mind more.

chevy7970
12-05-2014, 12:29 PM
Sis,

Asian guys in Asia are pretty shy unless they stay in Western countries for many years. I am the same here...LOL

If you go out with your Expat friends, chances are they would not bother to approach you. Maybe you can try going out with your local collegues/friends instead of the Expats.

In Singapore, you can do alot more stuffs than just clubbing and eating. It is all about mixing with the right group of ppls.

Cheers and have a great time here in Spore.
L

Hi boys,

i'm here out of curiosity. I moved here from San Diego about 6 months ago. I was dating someone for a bit but that ended badly. I'm not really looking for anyone to be in a relationship and I don't really want a fuck buddy or anything but I would like to go on a date or two. Just to meet people and see Singapore more. I do hit the club with my friends but we're mostly expats from the US, UK and Australia. Even though I'm of Korean decent and look very "asian" it's pretty hard to meet guys here in Singapore. Most guys seem shy or they don't seem to like talking very much. It's always "can i buy you a drink" and then wanting to grind on the dance floor. No in-betweens. Or maybe I just don't know how to read guys here.

So I'm looking for some friendly advice. What do Singaporean guys like to do? Usually in San Diego, we can go hiking, to the beach, road trips. But it's different here. It's pretty much restricted to clubbing, dinners, movies. That's about it. Would love to explore the Singaporean male mind more.

MIFAcafe
12-05-2014, 12:51 PM
I cannot represent everyone; just base on my own preference.

Girl that are less demanding and slightly chatty.
Girl that smile constantly does melt my heart.

Sometime it is as simple as the way we hold hand, or the way we feel like long lost buddy that really make things magical.

Nothing to do with look or money or career or background.

Keep dating; you just haven't met the right guy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ut11U4JupI

imdestinyz
12-05-2014, 01:42 PM
Hi boys,

I spend my weekends doing voluntary work :)

Singapore is pretty small so sometimes there really aint much to do.

The interesting parts of sg(or I find interesting) are always not publicized or ppl dont spend the effort to find them

MrPleaser
12-05-2014, 02:14 PM
Most SG guys are shy IMO :o
though we can be more aggressive if we are really interested in forming a relationship/getting closer to someone :p
Unfortunately, our idea of being aggressive is likely not the same as in other western cultures (assumption, have been living here all my life)
I agree that going out with your expat friends might cause some SG guys to avoid you as they might feel they stand no chance.

If you would like to go on a date or two, I would suggest looking among your coursemates in NUS. Might be easier to connect with them. Wait, if you moved here 6months ago, does that mean you're matriculating this year? I'm matriculating this year :p

oldslywolf
12-05-2014, 05:29 PM
Agree that most local guys here are shy but then there are few exceptions. :D
If you happen to meet a local guy suggest that you go easy first.
Try to find some common topics for a start.
Then carry on from there.
Bearing in mind Singapore is a very small country, so there is not much things you can do.
Hope that helps.
By the way welcome to Sillypore.
Hope you enjoy your stay here.

emogirl
12-05-2014, 06:15 PM
Thank you for the well wishes and advice. Most of my friends who i go out with might be expats but they're all of Asian descent - Chinese, Indian and pan asian. Sure there are some white folk too but I think we're friendly and smiley. We definitely mix with locals but mostly girls. For some reason, guys don't seem interested or are shy. I hope to mingle more with the people here. I do like Singapore a lot and the food is amazing. :)

JohnWiFi
12-05-2014, 07:15 PM
Personally, I feel the girls are quite hard on the guys in Singapore.

Thus, the result of shying away. :)

hamsapkwai
12-05-2014, 07:39 PM
sex,sex,sex and more sex, gosh u gotta like me cos i am the most honest guy around :p

real_king
12-05-2014, 11:02 PM
thats really humsap.

Greenfrog
13-05-2014, 11:15 AM
Hi boys,

Hi emogirl, i cannot represent the majority of the local guys here.
But i always prefer girls that look like girls, girls that act like girls. Minus a little materialistic will be perfect!

wally888
13-05-2014, 11:32 AM
Hi boys,

What do Singaporean guys like to do? Usually in San Diego, we can go hiking, to the beach, road trips. But it's different here. It's pretty much restricted to clubbing, dinners, movies. That's about it. Would love to explore the Singaporean male mind more.

You've been hitting the wrong wall, u should go Bukit Timah Hill if u wanna find guys who like adventure instead of go clubbing:confused: :D

alanthedevil
13-05-2014, 11:44 AM
You've been hitting the wrong wall, u should go Bukit Timah Hill if u wanna find guys who like adventure instead of go clubbing:confused: :D

I disagree. I will prefer girls who are slightly sporty and don't mind do dirty themselves with a bit of mud and sand.

I have to admit that fair girls with those thick makeups, with a porcelain face, and those perfectly manicured nails and hair is attractive, but they are just girls that will appear in wet dreams for most of us. Usually, these are also the type of girls who will scream that they are melting if left under the hot singapore sun, and is always comparing their Chanel bag with another girl's LV bag. U probably see them more in the dark than in the day...

There is more to life than clubbing and boozing..

Johnbass
13-05-2014, 12:01 PM

Damn... U look familiar
:D

Johnbass
13-05-2014, 12:05 PM

U shld try more of the local places... Hawker food and hotel 81.
Forget about restaurants and MBS.
I can be your free tour guide.

SnowLeopards
13-05-2014, 01:27 PM
Johnny boy... you would love to get into her pants, would you ? :D

Be direct and honest to her, although she is sure in for a shock of her life. :eek:

Like how you were to me when you begged me to ride you 'behind'. :)

Pierre.

demonhunter
13-05-2014, 02:37 PM
Damn... U look familiar

Im with u on this one

Johnbass
13-05-2014, 05:46 PM

Snowleopards meet JohnWifi...
JohnWifi meet Snowleopards...
Or u 2 have already met?

xingboy
14-05-2014, 01:00 AM
Singaporeans got the Asian mindset of "she-is-out-of-my-league-approach-also-no-good-results" hence many of us just shy away/ avoid mingling with girls. But when we get close in a social setting like say a dinner outing or clubbing, its when things get a little different :)

Wintermelontea
14-05-2014, 01:26 AM
Hi emogirl,

I'm pan-Asian but I don't feel like an expat but more like a local?

In any case, just like you advised in the other thread (forever alone), get out more and mix around? Join the local communities and observe the local male population. Having said that, you may find a lot more 'expats' aka tiongs and others in that community. Fret not, just be yourself.

High chances are, if you say hi to a local single guy first, you are viewed daring with him thinking "who the heck is this gal?" Just because you made the first move.

Good luck in your search.

xuanz
14-05-2014, 07:12 AM
Snowleopards meet JohnWifi...
JohnWifi meet Snowleopards...
Or u 2 have already met?

The amt of post you have in 6 months is crazy.

Johnbass
14-05-2014, 07:36 AM
The amt of post you have in 6 months is crazy.

Paiseh paiseh... Trying to cut down liao
But not as crazy as my trolls/stalkers...
Good morn!

BiRd13
14-05-2014, 09:48 AM
Well. I think depending on individual person. Different people have different kind of hobbies. I myself am not those who go for clubbing/pubbing. Perhaps once a while (Or maybe once a year :D) will go pubbing to drink with school mates or friends... A small gathering.

Yes. Singapore is not very big, and not very small also. But the places is quite limited in terms of fun place. Of course again depending on how one will think and go about doing it. From a common place, may become an interesting one.

SnowLeopards
14-05-2014, 09:52 AM
You think the number of posts is crazy ?

Wait till you see the data on the clones. :eek:

Pierre.

beastimus
14-05-2014, 10:30 PM
I think emogirl must be getting a lot of pm right now asking her out.

real_king
14-05-2014, 10:42 PM
come on. what to expect when you make such a post in this thread.

2centsworth
14-05-2014, 10:55 PM
If you want to meet Singaporean men, you are always welcomed to swim or exercise in a gym at any SAFRA clubhouse. Singaporean men generally are poor boyfriend material but we are good husband material. Most of my friends do not pick up ladies. The ladies we eventually date are often extensions of our social network. Someone else's relative, friends, colleagues etc.

Johnbass
14-05-2014, 11:44 PM
If you want to meet Singaporean men, you are always welcomed to swim or exercise in a gym at any SAFRA clubhouse. Singaporean men generally are poor boyfriend material but we are good husband material. Most of my friends do not pick up ladies. The ladies we eventually date are often extensions of our social network. Someone else's relative, friends, colleagues etc.

U sound like a sensible, non-biased chat admin... Friend u ok?

emogirl
15-05-2014, 08:22 AM
Thanks everyone for all the advice. Some good and some interesting, shall we say. I just want to immerse myself in local culture. Not really about dating someone even tho i'm not closing any doors but actually going to places that aren't touristy and off the beaten path. I'm always annoyed when visitors to a country just go to the same cliched places. There's so much more to see and learn. And it's always better with a local guide.:)

real_king
15-05-2014, 10:47 AM
confirm inbox full.

SnowLeopards
15-05-2014, 03:26 PM
Come on Johnny boy, I saw what you were trying to do there. :D

Pierre.

ColdBlood99
15-05-2014, 08:21 PM
Be your self

For me internal beauty is important then external beauty.

Have fun in Singapore.

WertyQ
16-05-2014, 02:02 AM
Hey

I'll be more than happy to show you around. Singapore is really quite small there's nothing too exciting or fun to do.

I personally like outdoor activities like playing some sports ie. golf or swim or power-walking at some of the most beautiful parks around here. Chilling at Tanjong Beach on a lazy Sunday afternoon is pretty relaxing too. Occasional drives to Malaysia to check out some beach towns or older towns can be quite culturally enriching. And last but not least - food. Not just the usual fine dining but the adventure of trying everything from the typical hawker to the eclectic offering of international cuisines available here in Singapore.

PM me and we can hang out once in a while. I used to travel to Korea every 2-3 months, for the last 10 years.

Hope to hear from you!

Wintermelontea
16-05-2014, 09:28 AM
since you are here in SBF, take a walk in geylang. lots of good and affordable food and more than an eyeful of stuff to see.

head to little india and walk along the old shophouses. explore the different lanes and what each lane is about. beware of the indians though. haha

joo chiat community is another interesting place. food has been scarce when it used to be as good as geylang. in any case, joo chiat can link you all the way to marine parade.

jalan besah is another place...if you like parks, take a bicycle trip and try the park connectors network (PCN). so many others.

sg is perhaps one of the places that are constantly building. you will see patches of building works in place. and most times, lots of eateries are gone because of this.

winter.

2centsworth
16-05-2014, 10:19 AM
Emogirl, check these places out. http://www.thesmartlocal.com/read/road-trip-singapore

U sound like a sensible, non-biased chat admin... D

Not sure why I am chat admin. I rarely enter the chatroom.

emogirl
18-05-2014, 05:53 PM
since you are here in SBF, take a walk in geylang. lots of good and affordable food and more than an eyeful of stuff to see.

head to little india and walk along the old shophouses. explore the different lanes and what each lane is about. beware of the indians though. haha

joo chiat community is another interesting place. food has been scarce when it used to be as good as geylang. in any case, joo chiat can link you all the way to marine parade.

jalan besah is another place...if you like parks, take a bicycle trip and try the park connectors network (PCN). so many others.

sg is perhaps one of the places that are constantly building. you will see patches of building works in place. and most times, lots of eateries are gone because of this.

winter.

Even if it's meant as a joke, there are nuances of racism in this post.

xingboy
19-05-2014, 04:30 AM
Just ask your local friends to bring you around the main places,
like orchard road, Chinatown, kampung glam, little India.
Stuff like that and you'll get to know how Singapore is.
Plus, you're on sbf then your inbox will definitely be filled with people eager to bring you around. No fear on that :)
Stay safe ya ^^

Wintermelontea
19-05-2014, 08:15 AM
Even if it's meant as a joke, there are nuances of racism in this post.

different people, different strokes.

when you are around more often, you will know why i said what i have said.

girlnextdoor18
26-05-2014, 09:03 AM
Boobs, body figure, characteristics

Wintermelontea
26-05-2014, 09:05 AM
Boobs, body figure, characteristics

And your point is??

real_king
26-05-2014, 05:14 PM
And your point is??

not everybody goes for looks. but long term, its the "click" that matters.

sex after awhile gets boring too. u everyday eat abalone also sian loh.

KaniNababe
26-05-2014, 05:42 PM
not everybody goes for looks. but long term, its the "click" that matters.

sex after awhile gets boring too. u everyday eat abalone also sian loh.

Well men are still men afterall, they are eye animals:rolleyes:
Though alot of them eyes kena flooded by cowdung.:D

BTW are u sick of looking at your same old banana everyday???:p

real_king
26-05-2014, 05:47 PM
Well men are still men afterall, they are eye animals:rolleyes:
Though alot of them eyes kena flooded by cowdung.:D

BTW are u sick of looking at your same old banana everyday???:pI cant even see it in the 1st place.
tio blocked by my fantastico italian figure.:o

standalonee
26-05-2014, 09:51 PM
i'd prefer a sweet demure lookong girl with a dimple

Indianpower
27-05-2014, 08:25 PM
Most Singapore guys are losers. They can't even speak proper english. Most of the chinese especially. All ching chong ching chong when they open their mouths. And they're ugly as fuck. Like someone took a shit on their faces. And speaking of shit, most of them smell and have bad hygiene. Not to mention they don't shave their pubes and have little dicks.

Now if you want a real local experience, hit me up girl. I roll at the top clubs and with the hottest people. I have a condo in town and a big house in Bukit Timah. It's where the rich ppl live. And i drive some sweet cars too. I'm buying a condo in Sentosa this year too. So I can show you a great time here. If you're lucky, I might even let you wrap that mouth around my huge dick!:o

KaniNababe
28-05-2014, 10:09 AM
Most Singapore guys are losers. They can't even speak proper english. Most of the chinese especially. All ching chong ching chong when they open their mouths. And they're ugly as fuck. Like someone took a shit on their faces. And speaking of shit, most of them smell and have bad hygiene. Not to mention they don't shave their pubes and have little dicks.

Now if you want a real local experience, hit me up girl. I roll at the top clubs and with the hottest people. I have a condo in town and a big house in Bukit Timah. It's where the rich ppl live. And i drive some sweet cars too. I'm buying a condo in Sentosa this year too. So I can show you a great time here. If you're lucky, I might even let you wrap that mouth around my huge dick!:o

What a foul mouth. Pls post your handsome face n huge dick . Talk is cheap!

real_king
28-05-2014, 07:37 PM
What a foul mouth. Pls post your handsome face n huge dick . Talk is cheap!

this blacken beancurd is famous la. no need bother urself with him

emogirl
28-05-2014, 07:57 PM

Wow. Just wow. What a loser!

KaniNababe
28-05-2014, 08:28 PM
this blacken beancurd is famous la. no need bother urself with him

Famous or infamous? Knn

arsenal_84
28-05-2014, 11:50 PM
well you can try hiking the former railway trail which stretches from tanjong pagar to woodlands, could be a long walk for natural lovers.
having test a portion of the trail with my foldable bike, i would say is much easier to navigate using mountain bike instead.

sadlonelyguyer
10-06-2014, 03:38 PM
Thank you for the well wishes and advice. Most of my friends who i go out with might be expats but they're all of Asian descent - Chinese, Indian and pan asian. Sure there are some white folk too but I think we're friendly and smiley. We definitely mix with locals but mostly girls. For some reason, guys don't seem interested or are shy. I hope to mingle more with the people here. I do like Singapore a lot and the food is amazing. :)

singaporean men are boring. that why many singaporean women sought after FT (talent or trash, whatever you call it)

KingOfChangPing
10-06-2014, 09:57 PM
We should also look for ft not singapore girls

demonhunter
10-06-2014, 11:05 PM

Ah Neh !

Roti Prata Kosong ampat , Telur Bawang lima ...
The Tarik ampat .

Semua Bungkus :)

pearlnjewel
10-06-2014, 11:36 PM
singaporean men are boring. that why many singaporean women sought after FT (talent or trash, whatever you call it)

yah i admit I am one boring SG guy, but you don't think, isn't this also partly society's fault?

real_king
11-06-2014, 12:11 PM
perhaps there more diff guys outside?

theres sure loads of diff guys here.

Greendevil
11-06-2014, 01:26 PM
Hi TS, emogirl. I must say, most SG guys are not so into outdoor sports. Generally due to our culture and system, always driven for result. At young, the main focus and energy were study. Then we have NS, put us 2 years behind our gfs, and so we dive into our career without second thou upon ORD. Also, not to mention, Singapore is only a small dot, we have very limit space for outdoor activities and also considering the commercial aspect, having a space for hiking/camping in the woods compared to building a mall/condo, it is a no brainer selection.

Another thing, if you are looking for someone who is more outdoor activist, then probably hitting down the club may not really the right place to find them.

But one thing i certain of, Singapore man may not be so fun compare to some other nationalities, but i certain we make good husband. All boil down what you want in life

blank546
11-06-2014, 11:00 PM
Diff strokes for diff people. And certainly depending on context.

HCKing
12-06-2014, 07:56 PM
Hi boys,

a typical sg male mind believes that if a girl smiles or talks to him means she likes him. so pls dun be too friendly to these minds. :D

cuntjigger
12-06-2014, 10:24 PM

Now if you want a real local experience, hit me up girl. I roll at the top clubs and with the hottest people. I have a condo in town and a big house in Bukit Timah. It's where the rich ppl live. And i drive some sweet cars too. I'm buying a condo in Sentosa this year too. So I can show you a great time here. If you're lucky, I might even let you wrap that mouth around my huge dick!:oFQ, bloody racist! Fiaking dirtbag n stop boasting, pea head!

discordpiggy
13-06-2014, 11:14 AM
Ah Neh !

Roti Prata Kosong ampat , Telur Bawang lima ...
The Tarik ampat .

Semua Bungkus :)

wah u malay or indian?!

can translate in engrish what u said for me please?! :D

or in korean?!:p

demonhunter
13-06-2014, 12:30 PM
wah u malay or indian?!

can translate in engrish what u said for me please?! :D

or in korean?!:p

Im Chinese , written in maray ...Now I transrate to engrish

Indian pizza plain x 4 pcs , with eggs n sweet onions x 5