PDA

View Full Version : pr issue

kiatwong
05-04-2014, 10:58 PM
hi i have this problem for very long my wife is a Malaysian work permit holder earning 1.6k sec school education and me Singaporean earning 2.6k ite holder i have already help her to apply 3 time for the pr in Singapore but still waiting for their approval any guys know how high our chance are?

One more issue is we have alway been renting room outside and you guy know renting a room are not cheap nowadays. Now we have a problem one of our room mate wish to move out which mean the 900 dollar rental fee will fall on us alone which we do not want so we are considering to move to jb to rent a room but the issue is coming in during the morning peak hour and going back at evening peak hour when the custom is alway jam so i really dunno what else we can do can anyone advise us on what should we do instead of moving to jb?

she and i have quarrel over this issue alot of time which i think enough is enough i seriously hope someone can offer some advise

arsenal_84
06-04-2014, 11:15 AM
here are some questions which i hope TS can carefully consider:

is TS above 35 ?

have you plan to apply for a flat yet ?

ever thought of apply for at least a 2 room or 3 room flat ?
cause renting permanently is not a long term solution for your housing needs.
if you have insufficient funds, at least consider a minimum 2 room flat which i hope is still considered as living within your means.
while interest rates are still low, it would be a good time to consider a property loan.

ever thought of at least upgrading your education to a diploma ?

kiatwong
06-04-2014, 10:36 PM
here are some questions which i hope TS can carefully consider:

is TS above 35 ?

have you plan to apply for a flat yet ?

ever thought of apply for at least a 2 room or 3 room flat ?
cause renting permanently is not a long term solution for your housing needs.
if you have insufficient funds, at least consider a minimum 2 room flat which i hope is still considered as living within your means.
while interest rates are still low, it would be a good time to consider a property loan.

ever thought of at least upgrading your education to a diploma ?

hi bro thank for the reply,

i am 28 and my wife is 27, yes i do know about the scheme you talking about but i have to be 35 years old so we are too young too be qualify for the scheme u talking about.

As for diploma, it not i do not wish to upgrade myself is i really do not have any spare cash for that most of our money are spend on rental if i were to spend on diploma basically i will have zero dollar to save as i am not highly paid and sad to share with you even now i can only save 200 to 300 monthly after deducting everything so i cant afford a part time course as well.

i have look for mp for appeal letter telling them my situation and stating that i wish to set up a family but still got rejected seriously i don't know what else i can do so is really giving up on staying in Singapore my only choice?

Tai_zi21
07-04-2014, 02:05 PM
Does you and ur wife work at the same place? Have u try looking for room to rent which are cheaper? Depend on where ur working location i think maybe u can try to find a room to rent near ur working place

karoosel
07-04-2014, 02:13 PM
hi i have this problem for very long my wife is a Malaysian work permit holder earning 1.6k sec school education and me Singaporean earning 2.6k ite holder i have already help her to apply 3 time for the pr in Singapore but still waiting for their approval any guys know how high our chance are?

One more issue is we have alway been renting room outside and you guy know renting a room are not cheap nowadays. Now we have a problem one of our room mate wish to move out which mean the 900 dollar rental fee will fall on us alone which we do not want so we are considering to move to jb to rent a room but the issue is coming in during the morning peak hour and going back at evening peak hour when the custom is alway jam so i really dunno what else we can do can anyone advise us on what should we do instead of moving to jb?

she and i have quarrel over this issue alot of time which i think enough is enough i seriously hope someone can offer some advise

Hi TS, I have a question for you: on the rejection letters that you received from ICA, did they tell you to "submit application again after XX number of years" (where XX stands for a number) or did it say "your spouse may continue to stay in Singapore with her current valid pass"?

Although they don't explain the specific reason in rejecting an application, some people who have become very familiar with PR application would like to believe that the ICA actually drops hints on whether an applicant has a chance of getting approved or not. I just stumbled upon this from another forum and I found the information quite logical.

Anyway, even if you are not yet 35yrs old, for as long as you have already registered your marriage with the ROM, I believe you are eligible to purchase a 2-room BTO in a non-mature estate under Non-citizen spouse scheme.

http://www.hdb.gov.sg/fi10/fi10321p.nsf/w/BuyingNewFlatEligibilitytobuynewHDBflat?OpenDocume nt

read through their website for more information.

nolimit
07-04-2014, 02:18 PM
Your total household income is $4200. Just curious that you only manage to save $200 to $300 a month. What are your expenses?

Kim91
07-04-2014, 05:07 PM
Anyway, even if you are not yet 35yrs old, for as long as you have already registered your marriage with the ROM, I believe you are eligible to purchase a 2-room BTO in a non-mature estate under Non-citizen spouse scheme.

http://www.hdb.gov.sg/fi10/fi10321p.nsf/w/BuyingNewFlatEligibilitytobuynewHDBflat?OpenDocume nt

Good time to get resales..

kiatwong
07-04-2014, 05:41 PM
Does you and ur wife work at the same place? Have u try looking for room to rent which are cheaper? Depend on where ur working location i think maybe u can try to find a room to rent near ur working place

Hi,

No we do not work at the same place and i work at orchard u cant expect me to stay there as thd rental will be worse

kiatwong
07-04-2014, 06:48 PM
Hi TS, I have a question for you: on the rejection letters that you received from ICA, did they tell you to "submit application again after XX number of years" (where XX stands for a number) or did it say "your spouse may continue to stay in Singapore with her current valid pass"?

Although they don't explain the specific reason in rejecting an application, some people who have become very familiar with PR application would like to believe that the ICA actually drops hints on whether an applicant has a chance of getting approved or not. I just stumbled upon this from another forum and I found the information quite logical.

Hi,

Yes it did state my wife can continue to work in singapore as a work permit holder and can re apply after 6 month from the date of rejection

kiatwong
07-04-2014, 07:24 PM

Hi bro,

If u look carefully there is a restriction if i m not 35 i am not able to buy bto only resale flat which is not what i m looking for as resale flat price are too high

Kim91
07-04-2014, 10:59 PM
Hi bro,

If u look carefully there is a restriction if i m not 35 i am not able to buy bto only resale flat which is not what i m looking for as resale flat price are too high

Bro pls get agents to find.. if u just need a simple flat, dun need near mrt or wat chances are u can find one at valuation. . Even under...

kiatwong
08-04-2014, 01:42 AM
Bro pls get agents to find.. if u just need a simple flat, dun need near mrt or wat chances are u can find one at valuation. . Even under...

Bro thx for the suggestion but as i m under non citizen wife scheme the max loan i can take is only 177000k n resale flat cost more than 200 to 300k so i cant afford a resale flat too

karoosel
08-04-2014, 10:37 AM
Hi,

Yes it did state my wife can continue to work in singapore as a work permit holder and can re apply after 6 month from the date of rejection

then you re-applied after 6 mos?

you should feel lucky that they specify how long you should apply again.

demonhunter
08-04-2014, 11:29 AM
When everything else fail ,

Just vote for the opposition in 2016 , doesn't matter even which opposition .

:)

kiatwong
08-04-2014, 11:34 AM
then you re-applied after 6 mos?

you should feel lucky that they specify how long you should apply again.

Yes after 6 month but waiting period for answer another 6 month so can only once per year

Kim91
08-04-2014, 04:31 PM
Bro thx for the suggestion but as i m under non citizen wife scheme the max loan i can take is only 177000k n resale flat cost more than 200 to 300k so i cant afford a resale flat too

Good at least u know where u are... give this requirement to the agents... they will work their asses off for u... now is buyer market.. budget properly.. u shd be able to have ur own plc...

kiatwong
08-04-2014, 07:46 PM
Good at least u know where u are... give this requirement to the agents... they will work their asses off for u... now is buyer market.. budget properly.. u shd be able to have ur own plc...

Now asking hdb if can appeal for higher amt of loan wish everything go well

arsenal_84
08-04-2014, 09:33 PM
As for diploma, it not i do not wish to upgrade myself is i really do not have any spare cash for that most of our money are spend on rental if i were to spend on diploma basically i will have zero dollar to save as i am not highly paid and sad to share with you even now i can only save 200 to 300 monthly after deducting everything so i cant afford a part time course as well.

actually there are cheap diploma courses in sg where cost is subsidised, you might want to look at PSB.
not sure whether you will meet the requirement, well no harm browsing through.

http://www.psb-academy.edu.sg/prospective/local-applicants/financial-aid-available-grants/#PFf

Kim91
09-04-2014, 06:58 AM
Now asking hdb if can appeal for higher amt of loan wish everything go well

Yupz thats one way.. next is u just go property guru post u are looking for flats...there will be tonnes of agent looking for u... good luck