PDA

View Full Version : Need Experts advise

sad83
18-02-2014, 10:51 PM
Dear all, i m married with a singapore gal in 2005 but we seperated in 2008.

In 2012, i met a malaysian work permit gal. She recently gave birth in malaysia.

Baby is mine. Tho i seperated with my wife but we have yet to go thru divorce,

only now we start to proceed with divorce.

ok. NOW MY QUESTION IS

A) WHEN I SETTLED MY DIVORCE AND I WAN TO MARRIED HER, CAN I APPLY FOR MY BABY TO SETTLE DOWN HERE?

B)BCOS WHEN MY BABY BORN I STILL NOT YET DIVORCE SO WILL I BE CHARGED IN ANYWAY FOR HAVING A BABY WITH OTHERS WHILE STILL BEING IN A MARRIAGE?

Really need some kind soul out there to enlighten me....

joscklee
18-02-2014, 10:55 PM
Adultery not criminal offence, so need not worry too much.

sad83
18-02-2014, 11:07 PM
my main worries is question A...

Greendevil
19-02-2014, 12:02 AM
You can apply. But question is when and if it will approved

Blast88
19-02-2014, 09:28 AM
TS,

I think your main worry now is how much maintenance fee your wife will be requesting, we are living in a society protected by 'woman charters'

maxsee
19-02-2014, 10:08 AM
Thought not a chargeable offense...but if kenna found out u commit adultery by your wife and she present this in court...u will probably end up paying more alimony...so u r treading on dangerous water...:D:D:D

sad83
19-02-2014, 10:31 PM
we are going thru a process whereby she gave up maintenance fee and i gave up flat. means i dun take a single cents from the sale of flat and she cant sought maintenance fee..
so my main concern is still question A...

Thanks bro joscklee,Greendevil,Blast88 and maxsee for the effort in replying my question..

Stewardess
19-02-2014, 10:43 PM
Why not speak to a lawyer ?

Intltuk
19-02-2014, 11:13 PM
we are going thru a process whereby she gave up maintenance fee and i gave up flat. means i dun take a single cents from the sale of flat and she cant sought maintenance fee..
so my main concern is still question A...

Thanks bro joscklee,Greendevil,Blast88 and maxsee for the effort in replying my question..
TS, u need a lawyer to draft the agreement bet u and ur wife...or she can turn around later and claim alimony.

On item A, if the child is not a Singaporean, u can apply and the chances of getting PR for child is good since u're Singaporean and the child is yours. Of course, there will be conditions the gov look at, eg, ur ability to provide for the child.

sheelayueng
21-02-2014, 10:54 AM
Adultery not criminal offence, so need not worry too much.

Not sure if I remembered it right, but penal code states that having sex OUTSIDE marriage is a crime

V|ernar
21-02-2014, 12:54 PM
Not sure if I remembered it right, but penal code states that having sex OUTSIDE marriage is a crime

no la , then alot of ppl in sbf is in trouble .

i dont remember singapore got such rules

kanChioBu
21-02-2014, 09:45 PM
Bro TS

You need to proof that the baby is yours. Have you get ready the proof?

sheelayueng
23-02-2014, 01:00 PM
no la , then alot of ppl in sbf is in trouble .

i dont remember singapore got such rules

Oh so sorry !! I thought it would be a problem . Cause i know thats what it stands for, for having sex outside marriage

Vermicelli
23-02-2014, 05:53 PM
Won't be a chargeable offence, but wife can use it as a weapon against you for more moolah.......

hamsapkwai
23-02-2014, 07:19 PM
wrong place to ask for advice brother, most of us are lost souls thats why we ended up here :p

lespaul
24-02-2014, 03:08 AM
wrong place to ask for advice brother, most of us are lost souls thats why we ended up here :p

This is the most fucked up reply... but it is true. :D:D:D

Th4r
26-02-2014, 02:16 AM
Used to be hard (maybe still is) for babies born in certain countries to be converted to singaporean (or PR) ... but maybe malaysians are different, more so now singapore need more babies.

Really no way to know about anything ICA related without just trying. Suggestion would be to marry first then try for the baby's papers. Since you weren't married to baby's mummy at time of birth, think you'll need something like a dna proof of fatherhood.

Regarding (b), it can be an offence if you went through any kind of marriage ceremony with your "gf" while still married. A ceremony is still deemed legal marriage in some sense. But they won't investigate if no one complains. So if you went through ceremony, don't be stupid and tell your (ex)wife.

So all in all, should not be much of a problem since you stuff your wife's mouth with the house, well, hopefully it's big enough (the house :D).

Grats on the baby, remember, no use worrying anything regarding ICA. Just go try, fail, just appeal and try again. Nobody really knows how ICA works (even ica themselves at times :P)

Vandreax
26-02-2014, 10:02 PM
Hey Bro,

Hope this helps. I am writing this as I have experienced this with a good friend of mine who is now living in Singapore with his foreign kid and wife in Singapore. Also, a case of adultery. In no circumstance should you take my advice as I am not of proper authority of a subject matter expert. I am just sharing my knowledge.

To you question on whether your son can come to Singapore and stay? YES if you get married to his mother before a certain age, for the age requirement, ask ICA.

NOTE: IF your malaysian GF who is your prospective wife used to work in Singapore (work permit), remember to get a letter from MOM to release her from her binding contract. You have to submit the paperwork. DO IT ONLY AFTER DIVORCE your current wife.

After you have the clearance for your malaysian GF under the work permits act to MARRY IN SINGAPORE, go ahead and marry and then bring son over. All this can be done easier once married. Your son can come over on dependent pass first and then you can apply for his PR and he will most prob get citizenship, maybe after NS. Not sure. This depends. Check with a ICA. Shouldn't be a problem there. No need DNA test. On your child birth cert confirm have your name attached to it. For my friend's case, the child wasn't even his.

IMPORTANT NOTE: Get married in Singapore for Singapore authorities to legally recognize the marriage. This is a must.

So you worry about your son, don't be. This won't be your biggest set back.
My friend's wife is a THAI National and so is the kid. In the end the kid is in Singapore going to a local school. So everything worked out.

The biggest setback you face is your current wife, proceeding to be your ex-wife. Since you were caught in an adulterous act, you will most likely have to pay or lose most of your assets to her. Yes, CIVIL MARRIAGE law sucks balls for guys. And pay her money till she gets married. Which means that you will be BLEEDING money from your ass till she finds another man. So let's hope she plays nice.

I know a few people who will be able to minimize the cost for lost of assets. If you are interested, drop me a PM. We will try to work something out that will allow you to hedge your losses as you proceed on with this divorce.

Hope this helps and always check with the relevant authorities before you make a move. Marry her before she gets the clearance from MOM and you will be sure that she will never step back into Singapore with your son.

So in a few simple steps:
1) Divorce current wife
2) Get Malaysian GF clearance from MOM. Call MOM and ask them to send the release for marriage for former work permit holders. In a contract signed by work permit holders before they get a work permit, they are not allowed to marry a Singaporean. How inhumane right?
3) Marry in Singapore
4) Bring in son as dependent, get citizenship, check with ICA.
5) Have a happy life while bleeding money from bum hole.

All the best,

Van

sad83
26-02-2014, 10:45 PM
Bro TS

You need to proof that the baby is yours. Have you get ready the proof?

baby malaysian birth got my name stated as father of child but i m not married over there.. For them is quite simple,as long as i acknowledge this child is mine den ok liao.

sad83
26-02-2014, 11:12 PM
thanks ts van for his sharing. now taking one step at atime. hope evertik goes well..

cheers everyone....

porscheclub
27-02-2014, 01:49 AM
Bro I'm answering from my hp so will make it short.

#1 Why do you want to marry again in Singapore after being bleed by the current wife? Check with a Malaysian & local lawyers for marriage rights etc on both borders to see which benefits you better.

#2 Son? Why waste his life by doing NS here! Unless you want better education standard & safety for the family then let them live in Malaysia. There are plenty of good schools there & of course take it private if you can afford.

#3 Do financial planning. Insurance, wills etc.

#4 Currency is at our benefit of 2.6 times now. Housing, F&B & everything else are cheaper relatively though cheap means poorer standards.

#5 If her family & her are alright with a big party but no cert then keep it that way. You're both technically singles means no materials & marriage binding but please pay your dues as father & "hubby" duty

Good luck & think again carefully. Don't make haste decisions that you'll regret later.

porscheclub
27-02-2014, 02:02 AM
To answer your questions.
A. Money can solve your issue but my advice is to keep them there while you make money here. Child raising is far cheaper there as there's no govt levy for maids but hiring one is tough due to shortage so in-laws might be best to rope in. Housing & education also cheaper except international schools.

B. No problem. No law broken & they don't need parents marriage cert to put your surname on his birth cert. So start thinking of his name if you haven't & if you really want to put him under Singapore citizenship then you must inform Singapore Embassy there within 12 months of his birth but please call again to confirm.

sad83
27-02-2014, 11:32 PM
Bro I'm answering from my hp so will make it short.

#1 Why do you want to marry again in Singapore after being bleed by the current wife? Check with a Malaysian & local lawyers for marriage rights etc on both borders to see which benefits you better.

#2 Son? Why waste his life by doing NS here! Unless you want better education standard & safety for the family then let them live in Malaysia. There are plenty of good schools there & of course take it private if you can afford.

#3 Do financial planning. Insurance, wills etc.

#4 Currency is at our benefit of 2.6 times now. Housing, F&B & everything else are cheaper relatively though cheap means poorer standards.

#5 If her family & her are alright with a big party but no cert then keep it that way. You're both technically singles means no materials & marriage binding but please pay your dues as father & "hubby" duty

Good luck & think again carefully. Don't make haste decisions that you'll regret later.

To answer your questions.
A. Money can solve your issue but my advice is to keep them there while you make money here. Child raising is far cheaper there as there's no govt levy for maids but hiring one is tough due to shortage so in-laws might be best to rope in. Housing & education also cheaper except international schools.

B. No problem. No law broken & they don't need parents marriage cert to put your surname on his birth cert. So start thinking of his name if you haven't & if you really want to put him under Singapore citizenship then you must inform Singapore Embassy there within 12 months of his birth but please call again to confirm.

thanks bro for ur advise..

reason y i wan to remarried is cos i wan to be responsible to my current wife to be. i have already registered my baby name in malaysia. i wan him to be here cos i wan to see him everyday after my work. some more malaysia is a country whereby everyday u will heard of those robbery cases n other crimes etc....

i cant bear to let my son live in that kind of environment. i have to drive approx 2hrs (110KM) from jb custom in order to see my son..
if anytik urgent happen over there, i have to clear the causeway n even i step on to drive 130km/h to 150km/h, i still need ard fastest 75mins to reach my gf hse in jb.that is too far away..

so i really hope that i can apply for my bb to stay in spore. now in the midst of processing divorce n hope all goes well for me...

sandzman
28-02-2014, 06:19 PM
Hi brother sad,

You can actually try to get your son enrolled in a school here and have him stay with you while being a malaysian citizen all the same. Getting married here again is like giving yourself another chance to be screwed by our women's charter. Get registered in malaysia, draft a pre-nup if you have to to protect your assets and then apply to have your son study here.

In singapore, an act of adultery will not land you in jail, nor will it get you fined. The adultery can only be used as a ground for separation or divorce. Adultery can only be proven if 2 factors are reached 1)the proof of adultery and 2) evidence that one is unable to live with the offending party within 6 months of the incident.

Women charter law will require that you pay your ex wife alimony enough to support her to have a standard of living equals to that of when you are married until she remarries. Adultery on your part might only affect you when the care of a child is concerned. In sg courts, joint custody is mostly given but care is usually given to the mother. Again, it is important to note that adultery is frowned upon but not illegal. Your ex wife might use it to get a slightly bigger share of the monies from the sale of the flat but that's it. You need not worry about it as we have no laws to enforce a punishment on it.