PDA

View Full Version : Should I let her continue to work in a bar

kenneth38
29-11-2013, 11:10 PM
Hi,

I got to know this lady sometime last year and in April this year, we got hooked up.

She has a day job, but moonlights in a bar getting tips for drinks.

She will most likely be out of the country by end of next year or even earlier before that.

We r pretty close, and have gone very much attached to each other, although we only meet twice a week, as she has some off days per week.

My problem now is I want to ask her to stop working in the bar, as I really don't feel comfortable that my chick is hanging around other guys. The pub is fairly decent with not much touchy feely, if at all, but I'm still uncomfortable.

I know that she feels happy working there, as you get to make some extra cash, chat and drink.

Should I suck it up, seeing that she's leaving in a year's time or less ?

Should I ask her to stop completely ?

Should I ask her to reduce her frequency ?

Deeply troubled.

sta1100
29-11-2013, 11:36 PM
She already mention. Work for extra $$$, unless you have more then extra $$$ to give her sure she will stop working Part time.

titan
29-11-2013, 11:38 PM
bro,

first, being attached doesn't mean u should/can stop her cash intake.. she might have plans to use this $ in house/business,etc. I understand your worry being her in a bar where guys can get touchy but i also believe she can or will look out for herself since she's been in this place for a while.

just my pointers. i think its still best for u to talk to her nicely and let her know ur worries and care. remember this, girls can't be controlled but can be influenced. :)

sammyboyfor
30-11-2013, 02:04 AM
You can take her out of a bar but you can't take the bar out of her.

Be prepared for a relapse.

razer123
30-11-2013, 02:59 AM
Hai, sometimes love is such a poisonous thing. As a bystander who isn't in your position, its often easy to tell you what many others have said: "Don't fall in love with a bar girl or night worker as it can lead to emptied pockets and a broken heart".

However, I know how you feel bro because when you're in love, and especially so when your partner works at night, its a struggle between rational logical thinking and your heart. Maybe part of you know that there is a chance or possibility of a heartbreak, or you'll soon run into a roadblock that puts your relationship to the test but your heart thinks otherwise. That kind of struggle can be a painful one.

Its true that she working at a bar at night will cause you a lot of worries but if you want to continue this relationship without forking out unnecessary money, it will be the only way to go. You will simply have to trust her and endure this painful sight of her tending to other customers in the bar at night. The benefit to this option is that she will be able to make some extra income instead of completely relying on you. However, the downside is that she might come across another guy whom she might fall for (we can never rule out that possibility because we are after all human and in a line of job that requires that extra human touch, it will be inevitable that emotions will come into play.) On top of that, what if a raid happens one day and she gets arrested? She'll probably lose her day job as well and get sent back to her country which might mean more hurdles for you to overcome in your relationship.

The second option will be like what other bros have mentioned, support her and give her cash so as to stop her from working at night. This way ensures that she'll be able to spend more time with you and foster stronger bonds. However, the downside to this is that not only will you be supporting her financially on a monthly basis, it might also cost additional cash as you now get to spend more time with her and it is only natural that the expenditure will go up unless you lead a frugal lift style.

On top of that, even if you are able to support her financially, it does not necessarily mean that this relationship will go well as planned (we can never ever rule out the possibility of that happening since a person's heart and love will change over time. Even if the chance of a failed relationship seems remote now, one can never be too sure.) By then, if things really do happen, you'll be left with a broken heart and emptied wallet unless you're rich and successful.

You mentioned that she'll be leaving either by the end of next year or before that. So is she here on a Work Permit for her day job or an S pass? Say if you can settle the problem of her working at the bar, are you prepared for the long term relationship that will ensue in time to come? LDR requires a lot of effort to make it work and is definitely not easy. She'll have to fly over to Singapore to meet you or you might have to take time off to visit her. That alone costs money and if her frequency into Singapore is high, there is also a chance of her receiving a U-turn at the airport. On top of that, if she's a previous Work Permit holder, it will be hard for her to get married.

I think you have to list out all the possible problems that might occur with a sound and calm mind before you take the plunge. Begin with the end in mind so that you will at least be slightly more prepare if something crops up along the way.

Either way, this relationship has to be built on trust or money. It is up to you to decide which alternative is the better for you.

It is sweet and dream like to fall in love but sometimes, the problems that surfaces later can put one in a desperate situation, feeling lost and despaired. Ironic how such a wonder word can bring us so much heartache and headache huh?

Bro Titan has summed it up nicely: Girls can't be controlled but can be influenced.

I suggest you try to talk to her nicely and over a few sessions to bring forth your concerns to her and see her reactions then only from that point, decide on what you should do.

After all, her motive to come to Singapore is to work and make money so relationship will seem like an unexpected thing and depending on the girl, it will either take priority over her initial intention or it might be ranked second.

Money makes the world go round including relationships, so its best to find a compromise in between your two options.

Maybe you can get her to work a proper night job that is much safer and pays lesser then top up the premium for her?

I'm not sure how you're gonna do it but I really do wish the best of luck for you and your girl because I've gone through a really rough period of time with my ex-girlfriend and I do hope people who get into relationships can be happy as a broken heart is the hardest to mend.

Good Luck bro!

szczesny
30-11-2013, 03:32 AM
At least not lazing around doing nothing, seems she's hardworking type. She's not a bar gal, juz selling alcohol nothing indecent with that rite:confused:

Big Sexy
30-11-2013, 05:28 AM
no, unless u are going to marry her
she is an adult, and has a mind of her own.
let her decide what she wants to do.

I know that she feels happy working there, as you get to make some extra cash, chat and drink.

Deeply troubled.

kawa333
30-11-2013, 07:46 AM
You need to accept a girl for who she is, including accepting her job. If not, it's tough love. If you marry a ex-FL, you have to accept the worst case that she may go into FL again even after marriage and still live with it. Why? The lure of easy money in the entertainment industry is simply too tempting for most girls, touch hand can earn tips, another simple hug can earn more tips, another kiss can earn more and more tips. She can tell you she can draw a line to how far she can go, but you believe? Unless you provide her the source of her desire for extra income, if not she'll need the extra income and will still look for similar jobs like that. And even if you are not this guy, there'll be many opportunities in her job she'll meet guys who can be like that. And like what the other bros say, if she is on a working permit, it's again tough to get a marriage here in future. Lastly, if she's happy working there, then it's your sadness to accept it. Advice? If you can accept, then have fun in the relationship and see how far it can go. If you can't accept, please talk to her asap.

kenneth38
30-11-2013, 02:18 PM
Thanks everyone... I've talked to her about ...she's considering the decision to stop now.

I think she's not willing to do it.

And marrying her is out of the question. as she needs to go back home and I have my commitments here..

She has just requested for a sit down and talk session next Thursday, which I've requested to move today, as I don't this to drag. This damn thing is pissing me off... :(

Again, thanks to everyone who've contributed, I never expected anyone to pay this thread a second glance, and I'm just at a loss.

sammyboyfor
30-11-2013, 03:04 PM
Thanks everyone... I've talked to her about ...she's considering the decision to stop now.

I think she's not willing to do it.

If she really cared about you, she would have stopped working there without being asked.

It's blatantly obvious she has her own self interests at heart.

Don't waste your time talking. Words mean nothing. Her actions speak louder. All you're going to hear is a pack of lies.

Maximise your return on investment and then move on to the next target.

Xgenre
30-11-2013, 03:18 PM
And marrying her is out of the question. as she needs to go back home and I have my commitments here..

You got wife and kids here?

If there are no long term plans between you and her anyway, why do you even bother controlling her? If you and her won't end up being married, just enjoy her company till she leaves. Why make life difficult for yourself by trying to restrict her income? Whether she gets sent home after getting caught in a raid or she goes home at the end of her work permit period, you and her won't be together also what.. Just enjoy the sex and hope it's not too big a burden financially.

You want to talk feeling but no talk commitment ah? You want to control her life but don't want to be responsible for her over the long term? I think the one who needs a wake up call is you.

Ken79
30-11-2013, 04:36 PM
Hi TS bro, this looks like a classic case but repeated more than often scenario of a guy after spending time, money, effort, emotional strain, etc. and gain some time, affection, sex, etc from a lady who will eventually leave.
This kinda of feeling is like staying in a 5 star hotel or resort, no matter how much u pay for a night and how the staff treats u while u are there, as soon as u check out; u have nothing to do with them anymore.

And when she just left, initially maybe u will visit her but in the long run how?
Unless u are she she is a decent gal and is committed to u and u are able to provide for her, provided u are single now then i dont see much problems.

kenneth38
30-11-2013, 06:30 PM
Ken79 bro, that is true... I think I'm getting my feelings to caught up with this lady, and starting to feel possessive.

I think I really need to readjust my thinking and put her in a place in my heart where she is not that important, when I can get it, I get it, if not I won't bend over for her, or make special arrangements in my day to day life just to see her.

I feel she has to be relegated to Div 2 within my heart, in order for me to deal with this maturely and move on. Otherwise I have this urge to control her life, even though we may not have one together ultimately. ( I think unless something drastic happens to my own commitment, i.e. wife)

Hi TS bro, this looks like a classic case but repeated more than often scenario of a guy after spending time, money, effort, emotional strain, etc. and gain some time, affection, sex, etc from a lady who will eventually leave.
This kinda of feeling is like staying in a 5 star hotel or resort, no matter how much u pay for a night and how the staff treats u while u are there, as soon as u check out; u have nothing to do with them anymore.

And when she just left, initially maybe u will visit her but in the long run how?
Unless u are she she is a decent gal and is committed to u and u are able to provide for her, provided u are single now then i dont see much problems.

kenneth38
30-11-2013, 06:36 PM
You got wife and kids here?

Bro Xgenre, again, much thanks for your comments.

Wife yes, but no kids, as we are having fertility issues.

Relationship with wife is rocky sometimes, but livable.

This lady has become a major distraction to me, in my life, probably coz she has the looks (I'll be honest).

At this point, I do feel I have let her got too close too personal to what's important in my life. This extra-marital affair is taking a toll on me mentally, and I'm just damn confused.

Thank you for your reminder, it's really a wake-up call, and I'm trying to process, digest, understand and internalize it.

We meet @ 930pm today, small talk, proceed to a private place, and start the discussion, maybe followed by hot sex (:)) or not, but really that's no longer important, at least today.

I just want to sort out the confusion in my mind.

Will she stop the job for me ?

If not, will I continue with her knowing that there's no commitment ?

If not, how will she react ? Will she be heart-broken ? As she has given much of herself to me, I think, although not enough to stop the job.

If not, can I continue to be sane without her ? Albeit after a period of getting over this failed relationship, and of course, bumping into her every time I hit the damn bar.

kenneth38
30-11-2013, 06:39 PM
If she really cared about you, she would have stopped working there without being asked.

It's blatantly obvious she has her own self interests at heart.

Dear boss, I think this is the golden principle to follow when fucking around.

Seriously.

If there's any emotional attachment, it becomes very dangerous. Day-to-day life is impacted, including work, home etc etc.

I truly believed I dropped the ball here. She's not an FL, and have a full-time day job, and the bar is a part time thing. I'm just her second guy in her life, her ex-bf is 2-3 years back, I don't figure her as a loose woman, and because of that, my interests in her peaked, and she has got her good hold of my heart and mind.

kenneth38
30-11-2013, 06:44 PM
She already mention. Work for extra $$$, unless you have more then extra $$$ to give her sure she will stop working Part time.

Mate, I'm considering whether to steer the conversation later towards $$. I believe the cash is for her own marriage back home, but I will ask.

Perhaps I will top up the premium and call it a day.

However, when cash exchanges hands between 2 parties, the relationship becomes transactional, but our relationship is not like this as this point.

Should I downgrade this whole thing to a transactional affair ?

Perhaps it's the right thing to do, as then I won't be so caught up with her.

How much does a bar girl make per month anyway in tips and what the bar pays her per hour ? I think her day job nets her roughly 2k+ per month, but I'm not sure what the bar job pays.... and hence what's my premium...

Ken79
30-11-2013, 09:31 PM
Hi TS bro, i think before u start looking for a gf/new wife, it is a responsibility to try all means and methods to salvage the current r/s, although i do agree infertility is a big frustration but after all u went thru marriage and vows with her.
Finding FLs (no strings attached) is one thing but a serious gf while u havent divorce is another.

My advice is if things with your current wife cant be salvaged anymore then u should settle the divorce in a good manner and seek a good resolution with her.
Exit strategy is very important, its like handing a job or project over to another person without any shit for them to clear so ppl got no lanjiao words to say behind your back.

As for how much she earns from part time job in pub/disco im not so sure, but my fren who is a thai coyote agent says that the comm from the ladies' drinks and flowers are split between the establishment, agent and lady, however i didnt ask about their repective proportions.

kenneth38
01-12-2013, 02:27 AM
I want to give my thanks to everyone whom has commented, and also respect all Sammies who actually gave a thought about this and care enough to comment.

To close off this topic, until the next crisis that hits this relationship (hopefully none), she decided to stop for me. The bar pay works up to around $900/mth for working thrice a week.

On my end, I would top up the premium, but I have not told her that. On the principle that the relationship is not transactional. Today was a difficult conversation, but it completed, I do not want to sabotage it with this topic ,and I would broach the additional premium, with the reason that I want to be able to contribute to her future life back home, be it a house, car, or wedding and also as a token of gratitude / appreciation for her commitment.

She did caution that if she has more time for me, she may be crankier with her moods and I need to be careful. She's a really proud individual and its just not the right timing for us. Right person, wrong time. I do treasure her, and our time together whilst she is in SG.

I admit i'm a selfish individual and i do need to feel someone needs me more than I need them. I just have to make it up to her in other ways, and have to be prepared to.

Closing the chapter for now, and much thanks to all.

sammyboyfor
01-12-2013, 02:38 AM

The thread may be closed but all you're doing is messing up your life all because of some pussy and your low self esteem. You'll live to regret it.

Intltuk
01-12-2013, 11:06 PM
The thread may be closed but all you're doing is messing up your life all because of some pussy and your low self esteem. You'll live to regret it.

Nicely said.....time will tell...for better or worse.....

fishing around
02-12-2013, 12:28 AM
Bro, imho it is a bad move. Never make those flings at bars/pubs perm. What happens at bar/pub/ktv stays in bar/pub/ktv.

Especially when you are already married. Whether is it rocky or not never let those flings come out with you.

skarlett
02-12-2013, 06:07 PM
If you cant commit, dont expect anything out of it. Besides you are married. Don be a victim and make ur wife a victim too. And if the third party becomes emotionally involved with u and wans more than jus a bf/gf rship, you are so dead. Its nt fun to be involved in an extramarital affair. Its like playing with fire.

My two cents..

SiameseTiger
02-12-2013, 11:42 PM
Generally women who worked at bars before then to be temperamental and irrational. Thread with caution. Not worth your mental agony

HeLL
03-12-2013, 03:23 AM

agree with what big boss said , good luck TS.

crood
06-12-2013, 08:57 AM
I want to give my thanks to everyone whom has commented, and also respect all Sammies who actually gave a thought about this and care enough to comment.

To close off this topic, until the next crisis that hits this relationship (hopefully none), she decided to stop for me. The bar pay works up to around $900/mth for working thrice a week.

On my end, I would top up the premium, but I have not told her that. On the principle that the relationship is not transactional. Today was a difficult conversation, but it completed, I do not want to sabotage it with this topic ,and I would broach the additional premium, with the reason that I want to be able to contribute to her future life back home, be it a house, car, or wedding and also as a token of gratitude / appreciation for her commitment.

She did caution that if she has more time for me, she may be crankier with her moods and I need to be careful. She's a really proud individual and its just not the right timing for us. Right person, wrong time. I do treasure her, and our time together whilst she is in SG.

I admit i'm a selfish individual and i do need to feel someone needs me more than I need them. I just have to make it up to her in other ways, and have to be prepared to.

How long have u know her? That woman if she know u r married and still want to be with you are not sort of any good woman too.

If she really has high moral, will she sleep with a married man? probably chase after your $$.

Barely a year and u want to get her a property, car and a wedding, sounds like u r really deep in her poison!

Have you seen her family, her friends? She could be already married at home with plenty of kids.

Please go and think about what you want.

If u really want to be with her, please do a good deed and divorce your wife first. It's a good thing that there's no kids yet.

U are definitely not a good husband and father.

She deserve a better man rather than to be treated like a stupid fool, waiting for u at home yet you are having sex with another woman outside.

But once u step out of the house, don't ever regret if your $$ is swindled and u realise that u r just another foolish man out there.

MassageExpert
10-12-2013, 09:08 PM
Hi,

I got to know this lady sometime last year and in April this year, we got hooked up.

She will most likely be out of the country by end of next year or even earlier before that.

We r pretty close, and have gone very much attached to each other, although we only meet twice a week, as she has some off days per week.

My problem now is I want to ask her to stop working in the bar, as I really don't feel comfortable that my chick is hanging around other guys. The pub is fairly decent with not much touchy feely, if at all, but I'm still uncomfortable.

Deeply troubled.

It really depends on how cashy you are. If you can afford her not to work there, why not.

fictionman
12-12-2013, 10:01 AM
Dear boss, I think this is the golden principle to follow when fucking around.

Seriously.

If there's any emotional attachment, it becomes very dangerous. Day-to-day life is impacted, including work, home etc etc.

I truly believed I dropped the ball here. She's not an FL, and have a full-time day job, and the bar is a part time thing. I'm just her second guy in her life, her ex-bf is 2-3 years back, I don't figure her as a loose woman, and because of that, my interests in her peaked, and she has got her good hold of my heart and mind.

Dont believe everything she says bro...2nd guy in her life??!!...Tts wat foreign girls tell sinkie guys...Sure bo

jameschong1
28-12-2013, 06:31 PM
Dont believe everything she says bro...2nd guy in her life??!!...Tts wat foreign girls tell sinkie guys...Sure bo======
kenneth is a moron

Mephistophilus
02-01-2014, 06:27 PM
If you really want to take her in, change her first.

Get her a decent job, pay doesn't matter.
Change her life style and see how she cope with it.
Review her social circle, introduce more positive vibes into her life.

If she is not willing to change for the better, then you decide.

EtherC
03-01-2014, 07:45 AM
If you wanna buy a car, just go to a normal dealership and get one. Don't go and get a jalopy that needs an engine overhaul. An engine is what makes a car tick , character is what makes a person tick.

A lot of chaitaos like to think they are some kick ass romeo who can fix/change "their" FL with character defects. Unfortunate reality bites, two words: Fat Hope

Mephistophilus
03-01-2014, 07:47 PM
If you wanna buy a car, just go to a normal dealership and get one. Don't go and get a jalopy that needs an engine overhaul. An engine is what makes a car tick , character is what makes a person tick.

A lot of chaitaos like to think they are some kick ass romeo who can fix/change "their" FL with character defects. Unfortunate reality bites, two words: Fat Hope

Well. that should be the sensible way.

But some diehards will die trying, only when it seems like a lost course will they give up. Thus, my earlier post was served.

dandandandandan
04-01-2014, 07:23 AM
Hi,

Deeply troubled.

Where she is from? That will determine her culture and thinking. :)

kenneth38
06-01-2014, 09:46 PM
Where she is from? That will determine her culture and thinking. :)

PRC.

Wow, didn't know this thread is on-going.

She's back working @ the pub again, and I just suck it up and avoid the pub.

I trust her and don't think she will cheat. But since I've cheated, I'm the more insecure person in this relationship. Karma.

I guess I have to take the emotional chips off the table and look for another backup. ;)

Otherwise, like 1 bro said, try and influence her to quit on her own. This could be tough to pull off, as the pub is also one of her small circle of friends and an outlet to relax in SG. So if she stops, all her focus will be on me. In this current arrangement, I still get to scout around for a standby, much as I'm unwilling to, as I'm fairly 'poisoned' by her.

End of the day, can't get too emotionally involved, at least, must try.

kenneth38
06-01-2014, 09:47 PM
Well. that should be the sensible way.

But some diehards will die trying, only when it seems like a lost course will they give up. Thus, my earlier post was served.

Haha, but this lady is not an FL, just a normal WP with a part time in a pub.