PDA

View Full Version : Advice on Job Seraching

Ngengheng
28-08-2013, 02:43 PM
Anyone has heard of Far East Organization? It is a good company to work in? I had got a job offer from them wonder it is good as I heard some negative remarks from some of peers. Thanks.

luci
28-08-2013, 03:16 PM
anywhere will also have bad experiences. There isnt one place that is perfect. You should just go and try it out.

Ken79
28-08-2013, 08:54 PM
far east n capitland are both pressure cooker environment, having said that it all depends on which dept and position u are in.
but a big organisation like them is good for your portfolio and the perks/benefits wont be too bad compared to SMEs.

do remember this: smooth seas dont make good sailors.
my advice: go for the challenge, u might love it, learn from it and gain from the job experience.

sammyboyfor
30-08-2013, 05:06 AM
:rolleyes:Anyone has heard of Far East Organization? It is a good company to work in? I had got a job offer from them wonder it is good as I heard some negative remarks from some of peers. Thanks.

What does this issue have to do with emotional problems with WHORES? :rolleyes:

hamsapkwai
30-08-2013, 07:04 AM
:rolleyes:

What does this issue have to do with emotional problems with WHORES? :rolleyes:

Whassa matter Sam, u forgotten how to tag? :p

loneyheart
30-08-2013, 11:52 AM
its not how good the company
its how good u r
its a jungle out there :D

surbana
30-08-2013, 12:57 PM
FEO BOSS is the richest man in sg...Should be a good and compassionate company.

damong777
30-08-2013, 04:04 PM
Any job will be challenging...but it would depends on what you want to achieve?

Jobs with high pay are usually more challenging and have more responsibilities. Hence is the new job having better prospects or just more pay?

But Far East looks good on your CV due to its size and reputation...at least you should stay 1 year in the job before switching again if not labelled job hopper.

vinnieboy
01-09-2013, 11:16 PM
we must know exactly the definition of a job, a career and being self employed.

a career can be either both - ie a job and or being own boss. e.g. i wish to be in Learning and Development being a trainer, i wish to be an underwriter in insurance companies, i wish to be zOS mainframe expert, i wish to run an interior design firm, i wish to set up a recruitment agency, i wish to be a pilot in Cathay pacific, i aim my bake shop to be number 1 in Singapore, I wish to be a KEO in Real Estate Agency, I wish to be a Zoo keeper, i want to be a plastic surgeon, i want to set up a hair saloon, I want to set up a DIY shop in SLS selling PC parts, etc,

Here you go:
when we are working for someone or working in a company being sme or mnc, it is just a JOB, it could be a day job or a shift job. no matter if you are a production operator, a receptionist, a tea lady, or a banker or a teller or n banks doing back or front office even you are a CEO, it is still a job.

A job must not be treated or rather never treat it as running your own business like working super duper hard like clocking 14 to 16 hrs a day even sat,sun and ph, and you want everything perfect, a ideal perfect job - perfect boss, perfect pay, perfect team, perfect processes, perfect environment, perfect colleagues, perfect cafeteria, perfect insurance coverage, perfect seating direction, perfect driving and parking allowances, etc anything less than perfect, you cannot take it and start to look for another 'business' to run, ie look for another job (to me it will be the same shit hole because problems are not them, is likely to be yourself).

Is good to check out or research about the company your are going to work in but no matter how perfect it is now, it will soon change, and if it change (to less perfect), you again start to look for something to suit you - Mr Perfect.

Is not about the company good or no good. Is about yourself whether you want or don't want to adjust and adapt and accept this unperfect world. (And Welcome to the World of Musical Chairs!)

understand or know yourself first. if you don't even know who you are and your purpose, you will forever keep jumping and hopping (& hoping) from one company to another.

If you know that someone (an employee) who worked for a same company for over 30 yrs, please have a chat with him or her. If you know that someone who keep changing jobs, also talk to him or her. You will realise the difference (beside their age). I would say both also not good. If you can understand these 2 different category of employees' mindset, absorb only the good things in them and apply to your employed job or profession. If you can strike a balance between the 2, you are a seasoned or 'stabilised' employee.

woohooo
02-09-2013, 12:10 AM
Well said Vinnieboy :)

see see only
02-09-2013, 03:31 PM
What does this issue have to do with emotional problems with WHORES?

Boss。。。

With the increasing members here .... It's about time to expand your services for us to pour our sorrow / problems here too ... :p especially after a few can of beer :D

Men dont just have problems with whores, wife and r/s .... if you allow us to we got tons of problem that we could seek opinion with other fellow bros here :rolleyes: :p

justl00king
02-09-2013, 07:46 PM
Got special staff discounts for condo purchase? :D