PDA

View Full Version : a year in review - 3 losses

achu
30-12-2012, 04:02 PM
As year 2012 comes to a close soon, I was reflecting on the happenings during the year.

Overall it was not a year to be remembered. I experienced 3 losses. The first in foremost (not in any order of importance), lost the contact of a particular local FL. Guess she need to move on with her life and career. Really hope she is doing well and will cherish the memories of the time spent together.

The second loss, was the passing away of a dearest person in my life. The news of her being diagnosed with cancer and passing away 6 months later had a great impact on me. Life is really short and I now constantly remind myself to make time for family and friends,and treasure the moments.

The final and third loss, is the loss of my passion with work. This result from working in a environment where there are constant politicking between colleagues. Most of my time was spent on how to manage the reactions from the people and finding reasons to defend what we do.

Well...despite the above, all is not lost. The positive of things during the year would be got to know another new local FL (though the chemistry is different):D, i still have a job (though not sure what will happen next year) and most importantly my health is still consider ok (though can feel the engine slowing down).

To all bros and sis, have a wonderful and happy new year. Treasure your loved ones and may 2013 is a better year for all of us.

Cheers.     

Max77
30-12-2012, 04:54 PM
Bro ur 感触多多 hor...

Okay lah wish u all the best coming 2013! May u fuck like a machine til u r 88! :cool:

eozei
31-12-2012, 12:34 AM
Very nice that you're sharing this with us. Hopefully all's fine with you and Happy New Year too! 2013 will indeed be better.

natsuki
31-12-2012, 07:29 PM
Yeah~ Finally 2012 is over!!

既来之、则安之~

Move on and have a great yr ahead! Happy 2013! ^^

Rickey
31-12-2012, 10:17 PM
Yeah~ Finally 2012 is over!!

既来之、则安之~

Move on and have a great yr ahead! Happy 2013! ^^

No, not jus yet sis !!...hold ur horses...there's abt another 1hr or so more to COUNTDOWN though !! :)

Anyway, Best wishes for a HAPPY NEW YEAR 2013 to YOU, sis...n to ALL other bros/sis tuning in here :)...

Hip, hip hooray, 3 cheers for 2013 !! :):)....Auld lang syne to 2012

Goldenking
31-12-2012, 11:30 PM
Bro,

All is not lost. As long as you are keeping yourself safe, there's chance of comeback!

Have a blissful year ahead!

SushiJiro
08-01-2013, 10:24 PM
Totally agreed. Life is full of ups and downs. As the saying goes "留得青山在". A personal view after being through my fair shair of life experiences is, as important as money and relationships are, health is probably your biggest gift in life. Without with, anything else is meaningless.
As long as you are still alive and breathing, i guess there is always a chance of turning things around....