PDA

View Full Version : need help with divorce

Kenny87
26-11-2012, 11:23 PM
Hi all,

a friend is stuck in a very bad situation.

he married this malaysian ger last yr.. but when she recieved her pr status, she had a 180degree attitude change and started to be close to her male colleauge.

he ignored it at first..esp since they were not staying together after marriage. (no banquet.. cant bring her home)

then now, i think her new bf pressuring her to divorce my fren. and when i read his writ tt her lawyer handed him, i saw alot of lies. esp since, i know this ger very well.. she WAS a friend of mine before the marriage and during, until recently.

long story short. any advice? or any good or cheap lawyer that can help?

he doesnt really know what to do and just wants his money tt she owed him to be returned and finish this once and for all.

Thanks bros!!

jasdude
27-11-2012, 12:02 AM
If its a consensual divorce, just go ahead with it. This type of woman not worth it.

In regards to money. Its lost like his wife if he has no proof.

queeniegal
27-11-2012, 01:31 AM
If its a consensual divorce, just go ahead with it. This type of woman not worth it.

Ya I think money shd be goner for sure.

sinthia90
27-11-2012, 03:14 AM
What money your friend still hoping to recover? He should be thankful if that girl never ask for huge alimony. All thanks to the Women's Charter.

You mention they not staying together. But she's a Malaysian. So, she rent her own place here? How's your friend sure she never steal eat if they're not staying together? Does your friend get sex from her?

I'm not sure if its still applicable. But maybe if your friend can somehow prove that she's not willing to fulfill her duty as a wife, he may apply to have the marriage annulled. But since its more than 1 year already, I'm not sure if still can be done.

Subaru75
27-11-2012, 05:50 AM
if Pr is given to the malaysian lady ,i believe that they need to review and if tey divorce or something within 3-5 year the PR will be revoke dont code me i may be wrong check with Immigration

Greendevil
27-11-2012, 02:21 PM
If wanna play ah beng, tell the girl to return the money else all die together. Announce to police and ica tht it was a fake marriage for money since never stay together and nv consume marriage.

Wanna play gentleman, then forget the money get her sign the divc paper with no condition then go ica inform that both had already divorce and leave it to the authorities to do whatever they deemed necessary

DegenerationX
27-11-2012, 03:06 PM
Correct me if I'm wrong. I thought must be married for at least 3 years before you can divorce? With adultery and family violence being exception.

sinthia90
27-11-2012, 04:39 PM
Correct me if I'm wrong. I thought must be married for at least 3 years before you can divorce? With adultery and family violence being exception.

The 3 years period you're talking about is 3 years separation before divorce confirm if either party don't agree to the divorce. Else, if both parties are agreeable to the divorce, then the entire process only take 9 - 12 months to finalized. This is assuming clean break with no child or asset fight.

FireShark
27-11-2012, 05:31 PM
Dear all

Please post your question here and I believe the response will be better.

http://www.sammyboyforum.com/showthread.php?t=40761

surbana
31-12-2012, 03:30 PM
I had found out my ex wife just got married...however do I still need to pay maintenance to my children as she has care and control..

supered88
31-12-2012, 03:56 PM
I had found out my ex wife just got married...however do I still need to pay maintenance to my children as she has care and control..

Hi Bro Surbana , i also going to go for a divorce ! Can i know the procedure?

Goldenking
31-12-2012, 11:55 PM

You can stop paying if you severe all ties with your kids.

However, there's no "good" deal like that.

You give up your citizenship and move to other countries, maybe that helps.

I suggest you could decrease it by counting every single bean.

The maintenance is for your children. Your flesh and blood.

Yamsam123
09-01-2013, 10:45 PM
I am also planning to divorce any kind soul willing to explain procedure with me? Married last than a year. Thanks bro and sis

DarkAsh
10-01-2013, 10:29 PM

if the woman wants a clean break .. not wanting to claim her shares of assests etc .. just ask your friend to sign the papers .. no lawyer is needed .. let her lawyer file the divorce papers and the interim judgement should be issued in a couple of weeks and then the final judgement

If there is a claim against your friends assets .. your pal will need a lawyer

Kenny87
10-01-2013, 11:04 PM
if the woman wants a clean break .. not wanting to claim her shares of assests etc .. just ask your friend to sign the papers .. no lawyer is needed .. let her lawyer file the divorce papers and the interim judgement should be issued in a couple of weeks and then the final judgement

If there is a claim against your friends assets .. your pal will need a lawyer

settled. he say he can finally heave a sigh of relieve. as per all ur advices, have asked him to forgo the money.

say he will never marry again. haha.. lets see how long tt lasts.

littlehappiboi
11-01-2013, 11:53 AM
To be honest bro.. lies or truth, all woman be it pr or citizen, they are protected by woman rights group... Unless ur friend wants to expose her.. hire a pi do check on her but it does not come cheap.. then again unless she is not demanding anything then just divorce and move on... If she is asking for money and all then i am afraid he might want to expose her because under the law once she has a bf or remarry then there is no need to pay for maintaince and all... Its depends on wat ur friend wants... Cheers...

upmountain
18-01-2013, 10:39 AM
one other way to consider is to seek to annul the marriage. annulment is different from divorce because if the court annuls the marriage, both parties are considered "single" and not "divorced". basically annulment means that the marriage never even took place in the eyes of the law.

one good thing about annulment is that the guy will probably not be liable to pay any maintenance toward the girl as he cannot be considered as the ex-husband since the marriage was never recognised under the law.

also, annulment would also mean that the guy will not need to split or share his assets with the girl.

as for the debt owed by the girl, your friend can then sue her for the return of the money owed in a separate lawsuit.

but, while annulment is useful, it is not easy to prove. i believe that there are only very limited circumstances that the court would grant an annulment. one of those grounds is non-consummation.

get your friend to consult a lawyer.

Ladyrain
18-01-2013, 11:07 AM

I don't get you. You are paying for YOUR CHILDREN,not her. So what's your concern whether or not she remarried? Imagine your child's feeling when they Find out one day their own father has such thoughts. Anyhow, you only need to pay for their maintenance until a certain age, no?

upmountain
18-01-2013, 06:47 PM

yes bro. you still have to pay maintenance for your children even if your ex-wife has remarried. Aater all, they are still your biological children.

i believe the women's charter makes it compulsory under the law for the biological father to pay maintenance for his biological children until they reach a certain age whatever the status of the marriage is (including if the marriage has ended in divorce).

but for your ex-wife, I think because she has remarried, it is very likely that you don't need to continue to pay her for her maintenance.

Maintenance to an ex-wife is different from maintenance to children.

DarkAsh
20-01-2013, 04:58 PM
good for your friend .. sometimes it is destined that we meet the wrong one ... Ash