PDA

View Full Version : Marrying an ex work permit holder

XerxesBoy
03-11-2012, 02:07 PM
Hi,

I intend to marry my gf who used to work in Sg.
From what I understand, I need to seek approval from MOM since she is an ex wp holder.

If go to MOM, what are the things I need to prepare beforehand when I submit my application?

She has gone back to her hometown but will come back after Xmas.
Therefore I want to have everything done so that when she is here, we can proceed to ROM.

Also,
1. What are the requirements for approval from MOM?
I have read a case where a Singaporean indian could not get approval to marry his Filipino gf even after more than 20 tries?

2. Is my monthly salary a criteria?
3. Does my gf need to be here when I apply to MOM?

I would very much appreciate any advice and guidance from any kind souls.
Thank you

saphire744
04-11-2012, 02:25 AM
Hi,

I intend to marry my gf who used to work in Sg.
From what I understand, I need to seek approval from MOM since she is an ex wp holder.

If go to MOM, what are the things I need to prepare beforehand when I submit my application?

She has gone back to her hometown but will come back after Xmas.
Therefore I want to have everything done so that when she is here, we can proceed to ROM.

Also,
1. What are the requirements for approval from MOM?
I have read a case where a Singaporean indian could not get approval to marry his Filipino gf even after more than 20 tries?

2. Is my monthly salary a criteria?
3. Does my gf need to be here when I apply to MOM?

I would very much appreciate any advice and guidance from any kind souls.
Thank you

Hmm, like to know also. But mine is in Singapore.

see see only
04-11-2012, 12:37 PM
Bro XerxesBoy ...

Excuse me for been blunt ... this is SBF - a sex forum :D not www.mom.gov.sg :o

However if you cant understand their english which i usually dont :( ...... I will go straight to MOM ... Q up and tell them "I voted for the PAP so tell me the answer that i wanted to know or i complain you to the MP" :p

Sincerely ... you will get different answers from this forum ... and when come to MOM regulations ... it is based on case to case basis ... Anyway you can try their hotline which i usually find it useless ...

If you are not hardworking enough to go get the answer for your own happiness ... and you find it difficult ... i reckon .... it will be easier to marry a SG girl then ....

XerxesBoy
04-11-2012, 02:32 PM
To see see only,

Appreciate your reply, but I am posting under a sub forum which says matters of the heart.
Being my first post, i had a "number of characters" restriction. I cannot write in detail the work I have done, the steps I have taken etc. So do not assume I am not hardworking enough :)

What I wish to know is to get feedback from brothers who had real life experiences with regards to my topic.

tchinkoo
06-11-2012, 11:44 PM
not diffcult on the MOM part but still need their approval or else later big
problem.

what most ppl worried is applying for PR.

El Bistro
07-11-2012, 06:49 AM
My gf is also a ex wp holder. Need to know too.
Thanks

JacqueMerlin
07-11-2012, 07:45 AM
My gf is also a ex wp holder. Need to know too.
Thanks

Marrying is easy, but applying for PR is the challenge. And even after tying the knot, you will have to support her financially as she will not ge able to work till she gets her PR. Case by case basis on PR, but having children will give you better chances. Except that... Women's charter will kill you if she has an affair due to any circumstances... My advise is to remain single.

rockafella04
07-11-2012, 04:21 PM
Marrying is easy, but applying for PR is the challenge. And even after tying the knot, you will have to support her financially as she will not ge able to work till she gets her PR. Case by case basis on PR, but having children will give you better chances. Except that... Women's charter will kill you if she has an affair due to any circumstances... My advise is to remain single.

Its not exactly true now. she can still work as long as she gets a Long Term Pass. It changed recently.

tchinkoo
08-11-2012, 12:20 AM
that time when we got MOM approval to ROM my wife is still a WP holder
after that same like normal still working then she got her PR N now citizen
ur salary plays a important part in applying for PR. my case is long time ago
whether change or not now not too sure

Austere
15-11-2012, 01:48 AM
Recently I heard

The SC can earn 4k/mth but wife cannot get PR.

But if the wife give birth the child in Singapore and he/she is Singaporean, easier to apply.

End of the day.... i think govt just want more people to have kids la.

queeniegal
15-11-2012, 01:50 AM
Recently I heard

The SC can earn 4k/mth but wife cannot get PR.

But if the wife give birth the child in Singapore and he/she is Singaporean, easier to apply.

End of the day.... i think govt just want more people to have kids la.

Depends on the wife qualification also and job nature. Lately pr quite hard to get

Austere
15-11-2012, 01:56 AM
Depends on the wife qualification also and job nature. Lately pr quite hard to get

Ya lo, I heard got quota.

Anyway, I think any one who knows about this clearly should start this thread and sticky it lo.

I think some how related to matters of the heart ma, You want marry your lovely wife/husband.

joshblue
15-11-2012, 10:15 PM
Ok. Since the question is about MOM, then tackle that part first.

It is a real mystery what MOMs criteria is. But generally if the Work Permit holder kept his/her nose clean, and the two of you did not get married overseas before seeking permission, it should be granted. Although I think income of SC also has an effect on the outcome.

2nd hurdle will then be ICA. If ICA is nice you will be able to get a Long Term Visit Pass (LTVP) renewable on every year or so. If you have a SC child from the marriage, then can try for LTVP+. LTVP+ first time is 5 years, then every 3 years on renewal. Difference is that LTVP+ can work. LTVP cannot. Also LTVP+ subsidies closer to PR subsidies. LTVP usually little or no subsidy.

saphire744
29-12-2012, 12:51 AM
Went MOM at bendermeer to get the form. Without approval, ROM side will not process the date. I have check with them. Fill in the form, with the necessary document. For own self, need education cert, letter from employer certify work and salary. Ex permit holder need passport copy, photo, education cert, previous employer data.
Mail the form back. Need at least 4 weeks from MOM reply.

jbcheong123
29-12-2012, 09:29 AM

i believe foreign wifey holding LTVP cannot work under LTVP, but would it be possible for her to work by finding a job then apply employer apply work permit for her??

draven78eric
06-07-2017, 01:50 PM
Ex geylang worker 10yrs ago, has return to sg n gain entry as tourist twice till now
Wish to JUST register marriage in sg with sg guy n then both will back to stay in Thailand. No intention to stay long term in Sg.
Guess shouldn't be any problem right?
Already has ROM date
No receive any notification from MOM to apply for approval
Date reach, sign marry , get the cert and fuck back to Thailand n stay.
Any problem with this steps?

Chubbie123
07-07-2017, 02:26 PM
would like to know if its possible too

kurtis
07-07-2017, 07:21 PM
http://www.mom.gov.sg/faq/work-permit-for-foreign-worker/as-a-work-permit-holder-how-do-i-apply-for-approval-to-marry-a-singaporean-or-permanent-resident

Qns I am a work permit holder. Do I have to get approval from the Ministry of Manpower (MOM) to marry a SC/SPR?

Ans Current or former work permit holders have to approach MOM and obtain approval, if necessary to ensure their application to register a marriage does not contravene any part of the work permit conditions. Please refer to MOM for more information, including consequences if work permit conditions are contravened.

https://m.rom.gov.sg/FAQ.aspx

MOM will not notify you. You have to do your due check. I guess when the work permit holdernsign the work permit letter, it's part of the clause in the T&C.

On the day when you go down to ROM for the first appointment to check on your documents, ROM will ask for the approval letter from MOM.

You better apply it fast, if you don't want to make a waste trip to ROM.