PDA

View Full Version : Onbehalf of my close friend.

wells
31-08-2012, 12:11 PM
Dear Bros,

I writing below problem on behalf of my friend hopefully brothers here can provide as much advice/information on how to tackle this problem.

My Friend, Donny a Singapore and his Wife a Malaysian both married this year in Singapore unluckily they recently tested HIV positive. This result has caused sadness, depression and changed of life drastically. Her work permit was also cancelled due to SGH medical report and I believe SGH update to related government agencies.

They think positively which they determined to move on their life and get treatment in Bangkok. Yesterday when they arrived in Singapore Airport, his wife was rejected from entering and they have to re-route to Malaysia. She was deported and poor Donny has to accompany her and this will affect his job very soon. They are now in Malaysia.

Is there any ways or other clearance needed from government for his wife to come back to Singapore again?

Thank you!

dickster_99
31-08-2012, 12:39 PM
Bro, if you refer to the immigration act of Singapore, if i remember correctly, your buddy's wife is categorised as a prohibited immigrant because of the HIV thingy. Your buddy will need to check with ICA on how to solve this.

IwasApo
31-08-2012, 06:21 PM
Its easier for your friend to move to Malaysia. Its an uphill task getting her into sgp.

MountainTurtle
31-08-2012, 09:26 PM
Im sorry to hear this. For a immediate solution you can find a house in johor and travel to singapore to work at the same time get the necessary documents to prove that you are legally married and approach the MP for help. this will get immediate attention on your situation rather than the hassle of going through the Q at ICA.

jj_jj
31-08-2012, 10:34 PM
I’m sure many of us are sorry to hear this.
Best ask your fren to quickly go see his MP.

Below excerpt from June 2000:

http://edition.cnn.com/ASIANOW/asiaweek/magazine/2000/0609/nat.singapore.html
Showing 'Greater Humanity'
Family values trump a tough stand on HIV
By ALEJANDRO REYES

In Singapore, swift reversals of policy are rare. So it was noteworthy when the Home Affairs Ministry announced on May 27 that 12 foreign spouses of Singaporeans, who have been or were about to be repatriated because they have the AIDS virus, would be allowed to return or stay in the country. The 11 women and one man had been asked to leave under laws that prohibit HIV-positive immigrants. The cases came to light recently when the local Straits Times newspaper reported how some of the expulsions had separated children from parents. The story sparked public support for the families and opposition against tough application of the rules.

Singapore's leaders took notice. "The law cannot just apply without thinking of the consequences to the family," Prime Minister Goh Chok Tong declared publicly. Within hours, the Home Ministry made known its decision. Later, in a letter to the Straits Times, the ministry insisted that there had been no policy reversal. The law, it explained, was never intended to affect people with family roots in Singapore.

Still, many Singaporeans saw the move as an about-face that underscored the government's more open attitude -- even on an AIDS-related issue. It "shows a greater sensitivity and humanity than expected and also accords with public sentiment," says legislator and lawyer Simon Tay. But he quickly adds that authorities remain firm that HIV-positive visitors be kept out…..

jj_jj
31-08-2012, 10:44 PM
The MHA annoucement after the uproar:

27 May 2000
News Release :- Deportation of HIV-Positive Foreign Spouses of Singaporeans, 27 May 2000
In response to media queries, an MHA spokesperson said:

"HIV screening of foreigners seeking immigration or work passes is a measure to safeguard public health.

MHA would like to say that appeals on cases concerning HIV-infected foreign spouses of Singaporeans are being reviewed sympathetically bearing in mind the family."

Greatking
01-09-2012, 04:28 AM
Its very difficult.

There's reports in newpaper before, but e end result still the woman died in Vietnam and the man is taking care of e kids.

If they have some monies, its better to do some small business back at home to pass their lives.

Pardon me if i remembered wrongly, but to be a citizen of VN, you will need to do HIV test too.

mountainTiger
02-09-2012, 11:16 AM
TS , so sorry to hear this ...

:(

wells
04-09-2012, 02:38 PM
Thank you all bro's for the infomation and advice. Very appreciated.

My friend told me ICA require him to appeal and wait. Looks like it's really going to be tough process. After discussion, his wife may work in JB while he can still work in Singapore, handle the ICA shit and meet her over the weekend.

While in treatment in Bangkok, the doctor told my friend that many Singaporeans are also seeking help there and please all brothers, practice safe sex dun go into war like my friend. I have seen it its going to feel VERY BAD..REAL BAD...

Thank you and take care
Wells