PDA

View Full Version : Maintaining relationships

NemesisZero
29-08-2012, 03:35 AM
Need advice on maintaining a 6 year old relationship,

I and my girlfriend have been together for a long time however things seems to be rocky these few months, it seems that the romance is not there anymore.

How do you guys maintain your relationships or rekindle the flame with your lover of a long time ?

Any tips and tricks will to share.

sammyboyfor
29-08-2012, 04:30 AM
How do you guys maintain your relationships or rekindle the flame with your lover of a long time ?

There is no way of maintaining the same degree of passion and romance over such a long period.

Once you start approaching the 7 to 10 year time frame, friendship, common interests and mutual respect become the foundation of the relationship while sex and passion will take a back seat.

If a couple find that they have nothing in common and they aren't good friends, it's time to end it and move on.

wayne23416
30-08-2012, 01:11 AM
Bro, following advice might around gay but hey...its a 6 year relationship man...

Make a scrap book...like compiling the pictures and stuff..
Romantic Dinner where U cook
Go on an overseas trip thats far far away
Have one heck of an adventure in a place where u can't speak their language
Listen to her..she might have some hints that she wants u to do but u didn't catch...

sean69
30-08-2012, 11:38 AM
Bro, following advice might around gay but hey...its a 6 year relationship man...

Make a scrap book...like compiling the pictures and stuff..
Romantic Dinner where U cook
Go on an overseas trip thats far far away
Have one heck of an adventure in a place where u can't speak their language
Listen to her..she might have some hints that she wants u to do but u didn't catch...

erm.. what is gay about your advice? ..

JuzNiceM
30-08-2012, 11:11 PM
Because you're approaching the 7th year ...

so either you bear with it for the whole of next year, get it over or simply find new flings or expected her to have one too ... lolx

joking .... :P

GentlemanPirate
30-08-2012, 11:43 PM
TS,

Recall the stuff you did with her during the counting days... That particular moment which captured her heart for u. Go on a long trip & do the proposal thing (thats if u hv intention to marry her). If not, then time to move on & stop wasting each other's time... 6 yrs, its time for the next level but do think twice whether isit wat you really want..... All the best & hope u succeed in rekindle that love flame of yours.....

MountainTurtle
01-09-2012, 12:09 AM

I and my girlfriend have been together for a long time however things seems to be rocky these few months, it seems that the romance is not there anymore.

6 years of relationship is actually quite a long period which not many can achieve it. I can see from your post that you actually cherish this relationship a lot.

Firstly out of my curiosity I would actually like to know why still not married after 6 years? Are you going through some financial issue or there are other issues?

Sit and think back what actually cause the relationship to be rocky since you said this only started this few months. have a heart to heart talk with her and solve the problem. Everything happen with a cause, nothing happen for nothing and inorder to make things work it always require two hands to clap.

No one know her best other than you, you are the only one that can redinkle the flame.

DO_YOU_BJ
01-09-2012, 12:30 AM
TS posted 4 posts since joining this forum.
Another nice kind hearted guy asking for his friend.
Lately, i noticed our population are all so caring folks, all out to help their friends.
Such a noble n respectable act of kindness.
Oh, his other 3 posts were looking for sugar babies :D

mountainTiger
01-09-2012, 12:53 AM
6 years of relationship is actually quite a long period which not many can achieve it. I can see from your post that you actually cherish this relationship a lot.

Firstly out of my curiosity I would actually like to know why still not married after 6 years? Are you going through some financial issue or there are other issues /.

i went thru 7 yrs with my first love also and atlas we also broke up... guess everything boiled down to FATE & destiny..... if it was not meant to be it wont not be !!!!!!

Ya things kind of become stale after sometimes.... but if love is true.. it will never dies....

cheers

tansy
01-09-2012, 01:01 AM
Change is the key word to keep romance alive...

Aficionado
01-09-2012, 01:42 AM
Here's my 2cents: be spontaneous.

Greatking
01-09-2012, 05:20 AM
Commitment is the key to a successful relationship.

For the sake that:
1. She commit to you by entrusting herself for her lifetime.
2. The fond memories and happy days.
3. Man appreciate as years goes by but ladies depreciate.
4. If you don't apply e above, be ready for a rocky road ahead.

Still remember those scenes when you first held her hand, kiss her on her lip, hug her and said "I'm always here for you", when you first bring her to your family, sing Bon jovi "I'll be there for you" or "Nothing gonna change my love for you", when you fight with another man over her, when you felt sense of jealousy and act like a kid when she went or talk to another man.

Remember, your commitment to her. Even if you don't but hope to improve, at least show and act like your fire is uncontrollable. Make love to her like there's no tomorrow. And after everything, say "I'm sorry that I once doubt my love for you. But I shouldn't do. Because, I'm still in love with you"

If you wanna improve something, you need to find the source and e root so that you can trace. It goes e same to all problem-solving. Love is your source as in this case. Remember, reminisce before she's gone.

babycath
01-09-2012, 05:24 PM
Sparks can fade after a certain time.
Regular communication and constant displays of affection are important if you wanna keep a r/s going.

xiaodidi8
06-09-2012, 09:33 AM
Here is a tip: go to the lingerie store by yourself, and ask the saleslady to help you buy something that you want your GF to wear. Surprise your GF with the lingerie and ML. This will help shake up your daily sex routine a bit.

Lookforhope
07-09-2012, 12:45 AM
She needs love and care. Spare time with her.

cuntarow
07-09-2012, 02:14 PM
TS posted 4 posts since joining this forum.
Another nice kind hearted guy asking for his friend.
Lately, i noticed our population are all so caring folks, all out to help their friends.
Such a noble n respectable act of kindness.
Oh, his other 3 posts were looking for sugar babies :D

well than he answer himself, maybe his gf caught him as sugar daddy for others

bloopz
08-09-2012, 01:00 AM
Hmm.. Can u imagine doing the same job scope n having same pay for 6 yrs? Won't u feel tired? It's time for a promotion if the girl have been hinting u, aka marriage or if its not possible, stop wasting the girl's time bro..

lalakers
08-09-2012, 01:40 AM
when the things you do for one another or together becomes a routine, then it is difficult to start the spark again.

It is as if you feel that seeing her or not for the day or week or month doesn't matter at all. see also can, don't see also can, then it is time to move on.

<<totally>>
09-09-2012, 01:26 PM
Maintaining a relationship as it matured as time goes by is liked maintaining a car. You need to be more and more careful because the assumption of you know this and you know that list is getting longer and longer.

The acceleration of feeling do not come as quick as last time. She will still be pleased and happy but not in the all excited mood.

The brakes might not be working that well because of the "know you too well", people tends to get less careful with the choice of words.

Thus it is about those regular maintenance to keep it going. Remember the sweet surprises you once gave her, flowers and to be at her side. When 2 people get together, is about tolerance and giving.

spidey7
09-09-2012, 01:48 PM
Mayb u 2shd take a short break away fm each other. Short o a 7yr itch.

DO_YOU_BJ
09-09-2012, 01:51 PM
well than he answer himself, maybe his gf caught him as sugar daddy for others
Apologeez bro, i must hv missed ur reply.
Yes, u r rite, most prolly tio liak by his GF or maybe.................
Noe tio liak here liao so stop posting??????
Wat ya reckon?:p

DO_YOU_BJ
09-09-2012, 01:54 PM
It's time for a promotion if the girl have been hinting u, aka marriage or if its not possible, stop wasting the girl's time bro..
Absolutely agree wif ur stance from a woman's perspective.
Well said kudos