PDA

View Full Version : Have you ever consider to marry a PRC woman ?

BS KTV
21-08-2012, 09:58 AM
I believe this topic had been discussed many years back and I would like to ask the opinion again as to whether bros here will consider to marry PRC women and discuss about your views on PRC women.

Let us keep on this discussion on PRC women doing decent jobs and please don't bring in those PRC WL into the discussion.

see see only
21-08-2012, 10:47 AM
To me ....... as long as they was not a man before and provide the qualities of a good woman .... WHY NOT :rolleyes:

Sorry TS, me thought this question u posted .............. is really quite silly :o

However if you are facing this dilemma now and hope to hear some past experiences ..... then me can undertsanding ..........

Anyway ... do be prepare for some culture differences that could be pretty shocking, and if you cant find a way to resolve it .... may turn out quite damaging to your future r/s with them .... :cool:

..... BTW do tell us more details, more constructive advice from those experienced Bros ..... will come along to guide you :)

jj_jj
21-08-2012, 10:53 AM
Family background/ties always comes into the picture regardless of where the lady comes from. So long as she has a family back home, this will become a factor in any r/s.

Mutual understanding and acceptance of each others' quirks also are also key.

BS KTV
21-08-2012, 11:11 AM
To me ....... as long as they was not a man before and provide the qualities of a good woman .... WHY NOT :rolleyes:

Sorry TS, me thought this question u posted .............. is really quite silly

However if you are facing this dilemma now and hope to hear some past experiences ..... then me can undertsanding ..........

Anyway ... do be prepare for some culture differences that could be pretty shocking, and if you cant find a way to resolve it .... may turn out quite damaging to your future r/s with them .... :cool:

..... BTW do tell us more details, more constructive advice from those experienced Bros ..... will come along to guide you :)

Sorry for being not so clear.

I just want to hear some general views as to whether young SG men (Under 39) will select PRC women as life partners ? :)

BS KTV
21-08-2012, 11:14 AM
Family background/ties always comes into the picture regardless of where the lady comes from. So long as she has a family back home, this will become a factor in any r/s.

I agreed. And I believe that many years of us had read what good things that PRC women does when they came here to marry SG men. Despite the bad reputation of PRC women, will you still take the risk of marrying them ?

PRC women is master of pretence :confused:

Spectrum17
21-08-2012, 11:20 AM

Agreed with this. PRC ladies are known to be high pitch and loud.You gotta bear with this if you guys are having some arguments.

I got a real life experience to share. This prc is married to a friend's brother. They were match maked. Cos friend brother is really a shy/ anti social guy. Met only 2 times (once in sg, once in hainan) then the marriage. PRC girl was here for the "blue nric". As my friend brother was unemployed after the marriage for about 1 yr, that means she couldnt get her "blue nric". Moreover, she refuse to get any jobs in sg. So, with relatives working in sg, she ran road. And took with her all the wedding jewellries.

Friend brother made police report. Went to the relatives house a few times. Even reported to china embassy and ROM. But all are fruitless. There is nothing they can do.

gent
21-08-2012, 11:28 AM
Why not? I have friends settling down with PRC girls and they are very loving. They have kids and their PRC wives treat them quite well.

jj_jj
21-08-2012, 12:46 PM
Some will go for marriage preparation course to better understand each other.
Then again, how much more do you want to understand?
Sometimes, better to close one eye else say good bye, haha.

Reoxy
21-08-2012, 01:33 PM
The selection of women as wives is the same regardless of their nationalities.

If the woman is only out to cheat your money, dump her. Even if she is a Singapore girl.;)

If the woman cheats on you, dump her. Even if she is French.:D

If the woman is a good-for-nothing and keeps on nagging about how incompetent you are as a man or as a husband, dump her. Even if she is Japanese.:cool:

Your Title should be changed to "How to know if this woman is good for marriage?" instead.

PuErCha
21-08-2012, 02:44 PM
Any woman also can marry but not every woman can be wife :D

DYBJ
21-08-2012, 03:33 PM
Good gals r from throughout the planet, not forgetting, so r the bad!
Some women were meant to be married, some were meant to be used n dumped.
PRC women, though many on our little dot is FUCKED UPPED, but there r still those that r not driven by $$$$$$, though not many but there still is.
But be warned, finding them here is like looking for a needle in a haystack

swingersx2
21-08-2012, 04:12 PM
I think the main benefit of marrying a PRC female as opposed to a Singaporean female is that the PRC female is generally fairer, taller, bigger in positive ways and prettier than the Singaporean female.

I have seen many successful marriages between Singaporean men and PRC females. A lot of these Singapore-PRC families are relatively well off. As PRC people are fanatics when it comes to real estate, many of these Singapore-PRC families own multiple properties in Singapore and PRC.

SammyNewbie
21-08-2012, 05:26 PM
I advices you not to try it.

Reoxy
21-08-2012, 05:43 PM
I advices you not to try it.

I advise you to correct your advice.:D

SammyNewbie
21-08-2012, 05:47 PM
I think your rep bar will charge quite abit of power although I cannot click ^^.

Reoxy
21-08-2012, 05:58 PM
I think your rep bar will charge quite abit of power although I cannot click ^^.

Pls explain more. I do not understand what you are trying to tell me.:confused:

wally888
21-08-2012, 06:11 PM
So far my friends whom married Hainan gals not bad, maybe my friends treat their wives well. China city gals r more materialistics, their expectations for some r not lower than Sg gals. If keen to understand more about PRC gals expectations do watch 《非诚勿扰 :D

nacal
21-08-2012, 11:02 PM
When you meet the right one, you won need to consider so much.. Be it viet, thai or even african.

2centsworth
21-08-2012, 11:22 PM
Friend brother made police report. Went to the relatives house a few times. Even reported to china embassy and ROM. But all are fruitless. There is nothing they can do.

Tell your friend to spread the rumour that he has died. The missing wife will turn up to claim her share of his estate. Walk the streets of geylang at night and see if she is a street-walker. Or you can post her photo here and who knows..

Seriously, tell your friend to write a will that excludes this missing wife from his estate. If his family is staying in a house that he bought in joint-name with this PRC girl, it's going to be very messy for his family when he dies. Don't end up aging mother gets kicked out.

cablesnwires
22-08-2012, 12:23 PM
But be warned, finding them here is like looking for a needle in a haystack

But everyone would say they have found a needle in a haystack! Or that my PRC is different from the rest.... :o

DYBJ
22-08-2012, 12:29 PM
But everyone would say they have found a needle in a haystack! Or that my PRC is different from the rest.... :o
Dun worry bro, when the time cums for the moment of truth, u will know if the needle found, was of a poor eyesight which made u mistake a strand of hay for a needle;)

cablesnwires
22-08-2012, 12:42 PM
Dun worry bro, when the time cums for the moment of truth, u will know if the needle found, was of a poor eyesight which made u mistake a strand of hay for a needle;)

Ah... and I always thought all i found was a strand of hair left after the romping session. ;)

SonyPlaystation
22-08-2012, 01:11 PM
Yes I would. Love is an amazing thing, you might say that PRC woman is not your type or bla bla but when it comes.. Nothing can stop it! And again yes I don't mind a PRC woman as my wife

back_it_in
24-08-2012, 01:45 AM
what if this PRC woman is born in China, grew up and worked in Japan for about 10 years and is older than me by 4 years? any advice? lol!

see see only
25-08-2012, 08:05 AM
what if this PRC woman is born in China, grew up and worked in Japan for about 10 years and is older than me by 4 years? any advice? lol!

Since you are questioning :eek: ...... then better not ... as you are not ready for her yet :o

esssinine
25-08-2012, 11:16 AM
Just like in every country there are many levels of society in China. You seen their newsreaders on tv?

You seen the girls in the Beijing Olympics?

You better wonder if any of these girls will marry you first :p

Singaporean men are not exactly the most sought after life partner

Max77
25-08-2012, 12:16 PM
if cant easily find at least 5 sensible reasons to get married then don't. Singapore/China/Wherever

oh yar, when they say:" be prepare to sacrifice everything for HER unconditionally (irregardless of willingness), they really meant it".

littlepok
25-08-2012, 01:13 PM
my gf is a prc and we just applied for bto successfully. for me, i think it is never about nationality but how to connect emotionally. she is a pr prior to meeting me so there's no worries about conning for citizenship. in fact she has no intention to give up prc citizenship which i think is a good idea, best of both worlds. the gov allow such things to happen, capitalise on it since we cannot change it.

i have not met alot of gals but i do see a stark difference between local and overseas gal (don't talk about those here to make a fast buck at ktv or geyland). i am not well-off and she had to endure difficult periods with me with no complaints. one good thing is she is not a loud person. not super beautiful like olympic standard but lovely to me.

it is difficult to let my family accept a prc as my gf from the start (the money grubber stigma is very strong, attached to prc women). we all hear lots of conwomen stories of prc. nonetheless, despite singapore having 4-5m of people only (local born and bred), u would not want to be associated to those who cut queue, kiasu blah blah type. u are talking about hundred million of women from china and u think all are angels? u think all are money-grubbers? not exactly the type of generalisation u are thinking right?

same for them, each of them is unique and many fine hardworking prc gals are here in singapore. lots of gems out there (not the ktv standard type. gems here means potential wife material) so if fate beckons and allow u to meet one, don't be put off by nationality, singaporeans are seriously no big deal. friends might label me as loser, that's why cannot find local but need prc. it's fine with me, for i feel i found a much better one that i would not swap for a million bucks for a singaporean, japanese, russian or martians. i want her for who she is, not where she is from.

dickster_99
25-08-2012, 03:12 PM
Nationality is not an issue but matters most is how both of you connect emotionally. No doubt PRCs have a bad name, there are still good ones around. Good luck bro, hope she is the one for you.:)

kaiserwalker
27-08-2012, 04:19 PM
In fact it is common for such bonding. One of my close friend's wife is a PRC , I even went to his inlaws place in china for a visit... they are not as money grabbers as its seems, in fact when i was there, didn't spent a single cent, they welcome visitors . I saw their close family bonding especially with the elderly which lacks nowsaday in young singaporeans.

Now i'm seeing a large portion of my circle getting PRC wife... so no big deals as long as you guys love each others. :)

old_yet_horny
27-08-2012, 06:34 PM
my gf is a prc and we just applied for bto successfully. for me, i think it is never about nationality but how to connect emotionally. she is a pr prior to meeting me so there's no worries about conning for citizenship. in fact she has no intention to give up prc citizenship which i think is a good idea, best of both worlds. the gov allow such things to happen, capitalise on it since we cannot change it.

i have not met alot of gals but i do see a stark difference between local and overseas gal (don't talk about those here to make a fast buck at ktv or geyland). i am not well-off and she had to endure difficult periods with me with no complaints. one good thing is she is not a loud person. not super beautiful like olympic standard but lovely to me.

it is difficult to let my family accept a prc as my gf from the start (the money grubber stigma is very strong, attached to prc women). we all hear lots of conwomen stories of prc. nonetheless, despite singapore having 4-5m of people only (local born and bred), u would not want to be associated to those who cut queue, kiasu blah blah type. u are talking about hundred million of women from china and u think all are angels? u think all are money-grubbers? not exactly the type of generalisation u are thinking right?

same for them, each of them is unique and many fine hardworking prc gals are here in singapore. lots of gems out there (not the ktv standard type. gems here means potential wife material) so if fate beckons and allow u to meet one, don't be put off by nationality, singaporeans are seriously no big deal. friends might label me as loser, that's why cannot find local but need prc. it's fine with me, for i feel i found a much better one that i would not swap for a million bucks for a singaporean, japanese, russian or martians. i want her for who she is, not where she is from.

Bro, I like what you wrote... True gentleman wityh a heart of gold.

Reoxy
28-08-2012, 02:04 PM
friends might label me as loser, that's why cannot find local but need prc. .

These people are not called friends.

They are called frogs.

They live in a well.

SammyNewbie
28-08-2012, 06:15 PM
Also cause sometimes,

I feel the SG gal expects too much. Like I said before, sooner or later all our wives will be outsourced to Vietnam, China, Thailand and even Indonesia.

Then all these SG gals will be imported to developing countries.

Somehow, I got a nagging feeling they will all be sent back after being imported. >.<"

I have to admit that maybe not all SG gals are like that. I remember one classmate I know. Very sweet one. Then also very friendly. I saw her helping her dad at a food store where we happened to be eating, then smile and talk and I was like... she's so nice, but I dun feel a physical attraction to her.

But most of the time, cannot find here. Maybe also my fault. The type I like is also prone to be like that, cause from young given so much attention. I think I shall have to work to become an old man with a fat wallet. And never settle down already. XD

Reoxy
28-08-2012, 08:41 PM
Then all these SG gals will be imported to developing countries.

Import - Coming in

Export - Going out

Imported Into Vs Exported To

Dick Trainee
28-08-2012, 10:25 PM
Dated, yes. Marry one, depends if the right one comes along.

To be frank, I've dated across different races, from different countries at various stages of my life. Needless to say, I've met my fair share of good and crap ones.

I think most guys (no offense to all the bros here) tend to mistake that moment of "marrying" someone. There is a difference between "I want to marry her" because of that moment(s) of lust or "I want to marry her" because of that feeling of genuine respect and love.

I will marry a woman only when:

I feel comfortable around her
I want her to be in my life permanently
I know she will stick by me no matter what.

Just be sure to know the distinction well. Playing the market is one thing (keep it casual); knowing when the market (the women) is playing you is just as important.

Nationality, race and all that stuff is really not a consideration. We Singaporean are not really well loved overseas. I've experienced it personally. It all boils down to the individual.:cool:

philipfry
28-08-2012, 10:30 PM
Dated, yes. Marry one, depends if the right one comes along.

To be frank, I've dated across different races, from different countries at various stages of my life. Needless to say, I've met my fair share of good and crap ones.

I think most guys (no offense to all the bros here) tend to mistake that moment of "marrying" someone. There is a difference between "I want to marry her" because of that moment(s) of lust or "I want to marry her" because of that feeling of genuine respect and love.

I will marry a woman only when:

I feel comfortable around her
I want her to be in my life permanently
I know she will stick by me no matter what.

Just be sure to know the distinction well. Playing the market is one thing (keep it casual); knowing when the market (the women) is playing you is just as important.

Nationality, race and all that stuff is really not a consideration. We Singaporean are not really well loved overseas. I've experienced it personally. It all boils down to the individual.:cool:

I have to agree with you bro. Our skewed media reality is saying we are hot property in many places of the world. But seriously i don't feel so.

If i dated and later on marry, i would have moved to her country (the province also will think abit - cos of earthquake or natural disaster risk) instead of staying here because the next wave is in China or Vietnam liao.

BowBow
02-09-2012, 01:10 AM
Date and fling ... definately yes ...
Marry have to think thrice...

Dated 2 PRC gf while working there...

1st girl I dated was a secretary for GM in that co I am in... Initially everything seems to be ok, no request, not very materialistic... After 6 months, she revealed her true identity. Wanted to pulled brake but she screwed my job there and finally I was summoned back to SG... Whole r/s lasted a year... Never wish to meddle with any PRC again.

But at the end of the day, I will be settling down with my current PRC gf next month...:rolleyes:

joncheong
02-09-2012, 01:44 AM
Date and fling ... definately yes ...
Marry have to think thrice...

Dated 2 PRC gf while working there...

1st girl I dated was a secretary for GM in that co I am in... Initially everything seems to be ok, no request, not very materialistic... After 6 months, she revealed her true identity. Wanted to pulled brake but she screwed my job there and finally I was summoned back to SG... Whole r/s lasted a year... Never wish to meddle with any PRC again.

But at the end of the day, I will be settling down with my current PRC gf next month...:rolleyes:

best of luck

Reoxy
02-09-2012, 06:33 PM
1st girl I dated was a secretary for GM in that co I am in... ... Never wish to meddle with any PRC again.
:

Your lesson learnt should be not to shit where you eat.

It does not matter PRC or some other nationalities.

autoroam
02-09-2012, 07:23 PM
So far my friends whom married Hainan gals not bad, maybe my friends treat their wives well. China city gals r more materialistics, their expectations for some r not lower than Sg gals. If keen to understand more about PRC gals expectations do watch 《非诚勿扰 :D

I was told by PRC friends that 非诚勿扰 is a TV variety show..... not actually a dating show:p

Very true :cool:

spidey7
02-09-2012, 08:04 PM
It is okay to marry a decent PRC. But if her family is in China tt is where the problem will come in.

seabeng
03-09-2012, 03:14 AM
If your salary is not high maybe 1800 a month dont stay in big houses and staying with parents that you have to look after do you think marriage is still in her mind. I dont know, but they are only good as FB or FL. The better you pay the better they give you. Maybe this answer your thread. Dont even think about it.

sean69
03-09-2012, 01:50 PM
making the assumption that i'm not married and still young... would i consider marrying a PRC woman?..

while trying not to generalise PRCs .. which is freaking tough... i find that most of them talk very loud and like to think that they are always right.. in a discussion or argument, it is very difficult for us to get our point across as our command of the chinese language is rather pathetic..

i also feel that their way of thinking doesn't really fit into singapore, also, there is a very high likelihood her parents will come to live with you in singapore as she is the only child..

of cos there may be exceptions but guess it will be exceptionally rare...

so.. will i?? .. definitely no ..

jitlong69
03-09-2012, 08:05 PM
making the assumption that i'm not married and still young... would i consider marrying a PRC woman?..

while trying not to generalise PRCs .. which is freaking tough... i find that most of them talk very loud and like to think that they are always right.. in a discussion or argument, it is very difficult for us to get our point across as our command of the chinese language is rather pathetic..

i also feel that their way of thinking doesn't really fit into singapore, also, there is a very high likelihood her parents will come to live with you in singapore as she is the only child..
of cos there may be exceptions but guess it will be exceptionally rare...

so.. will i?? .. definitely no ..

Well said, bro

BowBow
03-09-2012, 08:41 PM

Thank you bro ... Remember that~ haha ... But the memories was wondful~:p

BowBow
03-09-2012, 08:44 PM

Thank you bro ... Remember that~ haha ... But had the most wondful memories with her... I broke her heart, she screwed my rice bowl ... Met her this year when I was there, but my gf was around ... :(

Reoxy
05-09-2012, 11:37 AM
Thank you bro ... Remember that~ haha ... But had the most wondful memories with her... I broke her heart, she screwed my rice bowl ... Met her this year when I was there, but my gf was around ... :(

I have stayed in Shanghai for a few years.

I have never engaged in any forms of ECA other than pure commercial ones for the whole duration there precisely because of the potential tsunami of problems that may follow.

The only time I had a non-commercial arrangement was 1 week before my end of term.

Both of my predecessors had their careers cut short due to their incompetencies in keeping their cocks out of non-commercial pussies.

Richiedash
07-09-2012, 01:24 PM
I had gone out with a few PRCs and we know what we can expect from each other. But there is this one PRC young university girl whom I slept with about 4 times seems to like me more than beyond what we are suppose to be. she would wait for me below my office lobby just to sit in my car for some time together back to my hotel for pure chats. It has been going on for 9 months. I would say she definitely got the patience. Not once she had hinted on anything but I will always tell myself, at my age, to never even consider them as my wife.

Lookforhope
07-09-2012, 08:51 PM
Dear bro

i know a PRC woman who care for family, hardworking earning money and doing housework. Giving monthly allowance to mother-in-law and treating her with respect. btw, the mother-in-law is poor and husband is supporting young sibling.

i believe the husband has made a good choice to marry her

Thanks for reading

SibeyHoKan
09-09-2012, 06:13 PM
PRC so big so u cannot generalise that all PRC women are bad.... just like u cannot assume all PRCs are good table tennis players....

:cool:

Richiedash
11-09-2012, 08:21 AM
Dear bro

i know a PRC woman who care for family, hardworking earning money and doing housework. Giving monthly allowance to mother-in-law and treating her with respect. btw, the mother-in-law is poor and husband is supporting young sibling.

i believe the husband has made a good choice to marry her

Thanks for reading

Not generalizing but what are the chances that the one you meet is the good apple? From personal experience, I will say, try toto.

iluvbreast
12-09-2012, 12:07 PM
Not generalizing but what are the chances that the one you meet is the good apple? From personal experience, I will say, try toto.

I think the idea is how did one met the PRC gal or any other gal really matters. I work with PRCs, Malaysians, Pinoys etc. and I have met those in entertainment, they are pretty different.

My buddy/neighbour married this PRC he met from work (he was working for the supplier), life so far is ok.

Over mahjong the wife actually revealed that initially she did not want to consider a local citing fear over cultural & lifestyle differences (she was from Xi An, my friend was hokkien) as well as the social stigma they have to endure when they marry a local (yes, they know and care about what locals think of such unions and that they are gold diggers).

In fact like many of her gfs here, she preferred a PRC man (there was no lack of suitable ones, one will be surprise at the number of young PRC Engineers & Executives this country has). My buddy had to work his way towards her heart as well as her family's acceptance (they wanted their only daughter to marry a PRC so that at least there is a bigger chance that both will return to PRC in the future).

I think being PRC is not really the issue but really how and where one met the gal (I'm not saying those in entertainment are bad).

If one ask me if I will marry a PRC; why not, if she's decent & suitable.

Cheers