PDA

View Full Version : Regarding ROM in Singapore

Greatking
19-07-2012, 04:45 AM
Hi sexperts,

Need your expertise here.

Vietnamese Wife
Singapore man

When i went thru the "File for marriage" segment, it asked questions like "1I have been physically present in Singapore for at least 15 days preceding the date of this notice of marriage."

Does it mean my gf needs to be in Singapore physically for more than 15 days before I can do this electronic "Notice of Register"?

Any sexperts went able to advise on whether can siam this restriction?:confused:

Thanks!

asdfghjkl
19-07-2012, 05:11 AM
interested to know this answer too.. ;)

shysaint
19-07-2012, 03:12 PM
Hi sexperts,

Vietnamese Wife
Singapore man

When i went thru the "File for marriage" segment, it asked questions like "1I have been physically present in Singapore for at least 15 days preceding the date of this notice of marriage."

Does it mean my gf needs to be in Singapore physically for more than 15 days before I can do this electronic "Notice of Register"?

Any sexperts went able to advise on whether can siam this restriction?:confused:

Thanks!

Your GF DO NOT NEED to be in Singapore ...

You are a Singaporean .. you already Clock the Minimum Stay of 15 days. YOu can just proceed to register ...

Greatking
20-07-2012, 12:35 AM
Cool.. Thanks!:D

N0N0
20-07-2012, 04:26 PM
Cool.. Thanks!:D
Is there really a real issue?hihih

stabilo@spore
21-07-2012, 12:21 PM
Hi sexperts,

Vietnamese Wife
Singapore man

Thanks!

Bro Greatking,
You will need a certified translator to assist you in the vow (2 times) if your wife-to-be is not versatile in Mandrain/ English. Hope this helps..

Lastly, Congrats :)

Uncouth
23-07-2012, 02:47 PM
Bro Greatking,
You will need a certified translator to assist you in the vow (2 times) if your wife-to-be is not versatile in Mandrain/ English. Hope this helps..

Congratulations man. let me know if you need a vietnamese translator. She was my translator and is on good terms with the ROM staff... Do note that with a Vietnamese wife, you will need to go for a brief interview at ROM where they will ask you simple questions. You and your wife in different rooms. Let me know if you need more details.

Regards,

Uncouth

shysaint
23-07-2012, 02:51 PM
You and your wife in different rooms. Let me know if you need more details.

Mine is in SAME room BUT different corner :D

Uncouth
23-07-2012, 02:59 PM
Mine is in SAME room BUT different corner :D

Actually, different corners. lol... anyway, it would be good to show your passports with all the stamps travelling to visit her etc.. I have at least 15 stamps on my passport all with different length of stay. Some 1 day, some 2 weeks.

Basically they will ask you how you guys met, if your wife has met your family, if you have met her family, how many brother and sisters etc kind of questions.

It is always good to collect all these evidence for future dealings with ICA especially if you have no children yet. My girl just turned 2 months old and our appointment for PR is in Sept. :) Good luck to all bros marrying VN BX.

There is a new VN con giac in my neighborhood and think her OX married her through some agency and one fine day, she disappeared and her OX was looking around for her... cut it short, she is back now. So hopefully we can prove to others that SG_VN marriages do work and can work out as well as SG+SG. :)

Regards,

Uncouth

Blast88
23-07-2012, 03:58 PM
Bro Greatking,

They don't care whether your Vn wife-to-be is versatile in chinese or english, a translator is still a MUST:)

shysaint
23-07-2012, 04:27 PM
They don't care whether your Vn wife-to-be is versatile in chinese or english, a translator is still a MUST:)

NOT NECESSARY it's a MUST .... If you can Read n Understand English ... you Do Not Need a Translator ...

When I say can Read n UNderstand Means you CAN Communicate ... Read the Vow and SAy the Vow .. NOT eee --- aaaa type ...

jf66312
23-07-2012, 05:12 PM
wow..more and more vn brides and families...

all the best to all...

hanh phuc mai mai... :)

Blast88
24-07-2012, 03:33 PM
NOT NECESSARY it's a MUST .... If you can Read n Understand English ... you Do Not Need a Translator ...

When I say can Read n UNderstand Means you CAN Communicate ... Read the Vow and SAy the Vow .. NOT eee --- aaaa type ...

Contact Jasmine to check, she will tell you it a MUST:)

shysaint
24-07-2012, 04:35 PM
Contact Jasmine to check, she will tell you it a MUST:)

Translator ? If it's her ... I also have her as my Translator ...

For me , I spoke and liaise with a lady ROM Officer .... she even help me to get a solemniser within 5 mins ... Very good rapport with her ...

She helps me in understanding the whole process of ROM ... although this is my 2nd marriage .. until now then I am very clear of the process ...

Nothing to Argue about .. if you say so .. then be it loh ...

Greatking
25-07-2012, 12:25 AM
Who is Jasmine, then?:confused:

asdfghjkl
25-07-2012, 02:08 AM
Basically they will ask you how you guys met, if your wife has met your family, if you have met her family, how many brother and sisters etc kind of questions.

what if its an arranged marriage.. e.g. met only once and marry? ROM would not allow the couple to be registered? :o

shysaint
25-07-2012, 10:06 PM
Who is Jasmine, then?:confused:

Seriously I also Dunno .... :eek:

Greatking
26-07-2012, 12:11 AM
I know a a person called "ah hai". He/she helped my friend's brothers before. I only have the contact and SMS a few times, but i don't know male or female :D

shysaint
26-07-2012, 12:50 AM
I know a a person called "ah hai". He/she helped my friend's brothers before. I only have the contact and SMS a few times, but i don't know male or female :D

I have a translator by the name of Jasimine Hai :D

Greatking
26-07-2012, 04:33 AM
I have a translator by the name of Jasimine Hai :D

Are we talking bout the same person?

Do you have her mobile number?

She charge 300 bucks for 2 sessions. (Not bonking session. Translator fee)

Are we talking bout.... the same?:confused:

Greatking
26-07-2012, 04:42 AM
what if its an arranged marriage.. e.g. met only once and marry? ROM would not allow the couple to be registered? :o

Then it would be better to register in Vietnam instead... I guess so? :o

Lexus118
26-07-2012, 08:53 AM
Nice Interesting Read.

shysaint
26-07-2012, 08:56 AM

Should be ... :D

Blast88
26-07-2012, 02:50 PM

It the same person lah, pm me if you want her no. , I still got keep in touch with her. 300 bucks she charge are ROM anywhere outside of ROM, if your ROM take place at ROM premises, I think only 200. I ROM at clark quay, that why she also charge me 300.

shysaint
26-07-2012, 02:54 PM

You can PM me for the number or I can give it to you personally when we meet-up in HCMC ...

I have recommended alot of SBF Bros to her ...

Greatking
27-07-2012, 12:04 AM
You can PM me for the number or I can give it to you personally when we meet-up in HCMC ...

Brother, i have "his" number... :D

Greatking
27-07-2012, 12:05 AM

She told me ROM twice 300... :(

inflation ba

shysaint
27-07-2012, 12:17 AM
Brother, i have "his" number... :D

HER !

You want her Photo ? I can give u :D

She told me ROM twice 300... :(

inflation ba

You either heard wrong or Mis-understood ...

$300 is for 2 session ... SD and ROM ...

Greatking
27-07-2012, 12:25 AM
HER !

You want her Photo ? I can give u :D

You either heard wrong or Mis-understood ...

$300 is for 2 session ... SD and ROM ...

Photo?!!?!?! U made me shy :o

She SMS me ley.. she said the declaration session $150 and the main dish 150.. :o

shysaint
27-07-2012, 12:27 AM
Photo?!!?!?! U made me shy :o

She SMS me ley.. she said the declaration session $150 and the main dish 150.. :o

Yeah Lah .. so 2 session = $300 loh ... she always charges that amount ...

FOr me .. I pay her the total $300 during ROM ...

vietboy
27-07-2012, 05:38 PM

ROM inside or outside ROM?

Greatking
28-07-2012, 01:03 AM
ROM inside or outside ROM?

Inside ley... or maybe I remember wrongly? hmm

Nevermind la... a hundred dollar different doesn't matter at all :D

vietboy
02-08-2012, 11:38 AM
Inside ley... or maybe I remember wrongly? hmm

Nevermind la... a hundred dollar different doesn't matter at all :D

:eek: u cash king.

pipipapupi
14-08-2012, 03:46 PM
Hey anyone married with a foreigner divorcee? asking for advice when filing for rom did u put her marital status as single or divorced? anyway she has been divorced for more than 5 yrs

I am asking because I am in dilemma. Ok this is my case.

Previously I brought her to sg but she was denied entry. which happen a few times already. And she didn't do any crime. So now decided to guarantor her with supporting docs. for ROM.

Ok so now, If i put her as a divorcee i'm worried that my appeal won't accept easily. So wondering should I put her as single and everything might be smooth smooth. Any advice from other people who happen to be the same?

Funzio
15-08-2012, 02:28 AM
Who is Jasmine, ?:confused:

Is she married? I also want to have 2nd marriage :D

Greatking
15-08-2012, 02:31 AM
Hey anyone married with a foreigner divorcee? asking for advice when filing for rom did u put her marital status as single or divorced? anyway she has been divorced for more than 5 yrs

Previously I brought her to sg but she was denied entry. which happen a few times already. And she didn't do any crime. So now decided to guarantor her with supporting docs. for ROM.

Ok so now, If i put her as a divorcee i'm worried that my appeal won't accept easily. So wondering should I put her as single and everything might be smooth smooth. Any advice from other people who happen to be the same?

What nationality?

In my 3 dongs view(increased dongs due to copyright issue), marriage is suppose to be a lifetime commitment. What's e point of hiding e matter from our authority? Touch wood, if e authority find out the truth (from their own source or tru sabotage) in later years, you risk saying hello to Law-enforcers which results in jail terms and/or fine and also other legal implications (like HDB etc).

Want to marry, marry happily. Guang Ming Zheng Da. Don't need to worry every second on whether will it be safe or not.

Greatking
15-08-2012, 02:32 AM
:eek: u cash king.

Fully subsidised :o:D

vietboy
15-08-2012, 11:46 AM
What nationality?

In my 3 dongs view(increased dongs due to copyright issue), marriage is suppose to be a lifetime commitment. What's e point of hiding e matter from our authority? Touch wood, if e authority find out the truth (from their own source or tru sabotage) in later years, you risk saying hello to Law-enforcers which results in jail terms and/or fine and also other legal implications (like HDB etc).

Want to marry, marry happily. Guang Ming Zheng Da. Don't need to worry every second on whether will it be safe or not.

3 dongs? u changed liao har? :D scared i collect $$ from u for copyright? :D

I like your last paragraph. "Want to marry, marry happily. Guang Ming Zheng Da."

vietboy
15-08-2012, 11:52 AM

U put divorced, u will have to supply documents prove of her divorce from her previous marriage. Also, when u are apply LTSVP in the future, u too have to produced these documents.

Have u asked her why she was denied entry? Has she come here many time prior to that?

Usually for ROM, ICA will allow entry since u as her future husband is the guarantor.

vietboy
15-08-2012, 11:52 AM
Fully subsidised :o:D

Fully subsidised?? :confused:

Pls dun tell me u doing those kind of illegal stuff.

Greatking
15-08-2012, 09:06 PM
Fully subsidised?? :confused:

Pls dun tell me u doing those kind of illegal stuff.

She paid for everything except e wedding ring :(.

So my marriage considered fully subsidised ma.... I'll need to add Nguyen as my surname marriage. :o

vietboy
15-08-2012, 10:09 PM
She paid for everything except e wedding ring :(.

So my marriage considered fully subsidised ma.... I'll need to add Nguyen as my surname marriage. :o

Why change surname? U change parents pr u change ancestors? :confused:

Greatking
16-08-2012, 10:13 PM
Why change surname? U change parents pr u change ancestors? :confused:

bro...
Add on name to my current IC only....:o

Greatking
16-08-2012, 10:14 PM
wow it seem like a lot of singapore man marry foreigner wife.

may i know is through agency or work or intro by friend?
i hear is not cheap if through agency.

Through Fate and Destiny, bro :o

vietboy
17-08-2012, 08:38 AM

Nowadays hear ppl go to agency liao.

vietboy
17-08-2012, 08:39 AM
bro...
Add on name to my current IC only....:o

Why is there the need? Add under the alias ha?

Funzio
18-08-2012, 07:50 PM

No need to waste money going to agency. Just go to the MCYS and tell them you want to contribute to the nation building cause by getting married and having babies. Chan Chun Sing will match make you. Even our imported Olympic medallist Feng Tian Wei has approached him to match make for her. :p

u12song
18-08-2012, 07:55 PM
Your GF DO NOT NEED to be in Singapore ...

You are a Singaporean .. you already Clock the Minimum Stay of 15 days. YOu can just proceed to register ...

Thanks bro for your advice.
cheers:D;)

Greatking
19-08-2012, 04:15 AM
Why is there the need? Add under the alias ha?

Wo Shuang :o

Greatking
19-08-2012, 04:16 AM
No need to waste money going to agency. Just go to the MCYS and tell them you want to contribute to the nation building cause by getting married and having babies. Chan Chun Sing will match make you. Even our imported Olympic medallist Feng Tian Wei has approached him to match make for her. :p

But..but.. i don't have a Olumpig go metal...:o

winterhottie
19-08-2012, 05:29 AM

This CCS damn boliao...... send the girls in my poly batch to "special" orientation program when it is actually a matchmaking attempt in disguise.
When we reach the location (some government bungalow in Pasir Ris) we saw the other side was a group of men from Mindef. So coincidence there were 30 of us girls from Poly and also 30 men from Mindef, and the seating arrangement was each one of us was paired up with a guy.

The guy I was paired with must have been frustrated when I announced that I am already engaged and will be getting married when I graduate from poly.

vietboy
19-08-2012, 10:59 PM
But..but.. i don't have a Olumpig go metal...:o

Its not gold loh. Its bronze lah. :rolleyes:

vietboy
19-08-2012, 11:02 PM
Wo Shuang :o

I also have 2 words for u: bo tay. :rolleyes:

vietboy
20-08-2012, 11:02 AM
just saw your reply, thanks for the info :P

I just realised i missed out a word after reading yur this post. I meant to say: nowadays no hear ppl go agency find viet wife. :)

whathow
04-09-2012, 04:12 PM
All bros, I'm going to marry a vietnames spouse in this October.
Can anyone introduce me the certified interpreter for the solemnization?
Thank you.

Greatking
05-09-2012, 04:01 AM
I just realised i missed out a word after reading yur this post. I meant to say: nowadays no hear ppl go agency find viet wife. :)

Those agencies has been converted to budget nightclubs :o

Greatking
30-09-2012, 04:14 AM
Hi Sexperts, :D

My bride is of Vietnamese National.

We want to register for marriage.

During the declaration session, does she need to produce any documents?

If required, does it need to be translated beforehand or the translator on the site can do the translation?

Please advice :D

Greatking
30-09-2012, 04:19 AM
This CCS damn boliao...... send the girls in my poly batch to "special" orientation program when it is actually a matchmaking attempt in disguise.
When we reach the location (some government bungalow in Pasir Ris) we saw the other side was a group of men from Mindef. So coincidence there were 30 of us girls from Poly and also 30 men from Mindef, and the seating arrangement was each one of us was paired up with a guy.

The guy I was paired with must have been frustrated when I announced that I am already engaged and will be getting married when I graduate from poly.

Weren't you aware its a match-making session or it's something like Suqin?

Just for those not too sure
SuQin: Japanese Occupation, Jap setup checkpoints to arrest suspected chinese patriots who were part of resistance force. Those "Suspected" chinese men were then blindfolded and arrested for nothing, get physically abused for nothing, brought over to dont-know-where, and got slaughtered...

shysaint
01-10-2012, 12:44 PM
All bros, I'm going to marry a vietnames spouse in this October.
Can anyone introduce me the certified interpreter for the solemnization?
Thank you.

if you have read thru all previous post .. u will know who to look for ... Anyway, U can Pm me is u still interested.

shysaint
01-10-2012, 12:51 PM
Hi Sexperts, :D

My bride is of Vietnamese National.

We want to register for marriage.

During the declaration session, does she need to produce any documents?

If required, does it need to be translated beforehand or the translator on the site can do the translation?

Please advice :D

Bro greatking ..

U ask for fun har ?

Thought u have already asked such qns before ? Can u go Rom website and check on the required documents ?

Are u talking about marriage in vn or Rom in sg?

Greatking
01-10-2012, 04:15 PM
Bro greatking ..

U ask for fun har ?

Thought u have already asked such qns before ? Can u go Rom website and check on the required documents ?

Are u talking about marriage in vn or Rom in sg?
Haha now my turn... So abit anxious so double confirm afain :$

Greatking
01-10-2012, 04:20 PM
if you have read thru all previous post .. u will know who to look for ... Anyway, U can Pm me is u still interested.
Make arrangement with ms hai already, keep sms her 'mr' till she call back. Anyway e fee reduce to 200 roi

She got very sweet voice:$voice

Btw, next 3 months can only register on 1 day if rom inhouse. 27dec. Not a lucky day but jus register is ok

Uncouth
02-10-2012, 02:40 PM

Indicated that she is a divorcee and for Vietnamese, you can get a certified letter from their gov that this lady has been married and divorced. then get that doc translated and submit it together.

They will only want to see a doc to back that she has been divorced in her native country.