PDA

View Full Version : Stages Of Relationships

machoman
28-05-2012, 12:29 PM
【 STAGE 1 (1-3 Months): The Honeymoon Stage 】

Everything seems perfect, both are happy and feeling “in love.” You share moments, dates and just having fun with each other, sharing laughs and giggles. It’s like nothing could stop you. Your feelings are infinite, and for once you’re thinking, “This may work out….” and it seems like nothing could go wrong. You spend hours getting ready before going out with this person.

*If your relationship ended in this stage — Most likely, both rushed into the relationship too quickly. Being together was all too sudden and just for the moment. When one starts noticing the flaws, one gets a choice to move foward, or back away. Being friends has a high percentage of working out, but nothing to stress over. Both may just need the time to get to know one another better.

machoman
28-05-2012, 12:32 PM
【 STAGE 2 (4-6 months): The Bumpy Road 】

Things are going okay now. The relationship is calm and settled; both are still mostly happy. Had a couple arguments and disagreements here and there, nothing huge. Start to notice some of each other’s flaws and aspects of their personalities not seen before, but still truly care for one another.

*If your relationship ended in this stage — You truly cared about this person. You had the energy to fight for this person, yet you feel as if something was lacking, something was missing. It doesn’t feel right, one isn’t happy. When one isn’t happy, one tends to walk away to seek their new happiness. Being friends is still a possibility.

machoman
28-05-2012, 12:33 PM
【 STAGE 3 (7-12 months): The Rocky Mountain 】

You start to realize who your partner really is. A few more arguments may occur. Problems with jealously, overprotectiveness may arise. Other people may come in the picture. The “in love” moments start to decrease, but you feel as if you’ve “fallen in love.” You tend to have this energy inside to strive and “make it work,” and you feel more comfortable being around this person, feeling more of yourself.

*If your relationship ends in this stage — You feel as if you’re hurt, depending on the circumstances. You were so sure that that person was “The One.” You were so SURE that he/she was different. But like a cancer, a problem that may have happened, a small issue, grew into something larger that took over what was made between two people. You still miss this person from time to time. You still remember the memories. Being friends may be difficult right away, but over time, you slowly mature up, and learn the reality of it.

CoCK ShoCk
28-05-2012, 12:36 PM
Txs for sharing really gets me thinking whether to get into "IT" or not

machoman
28-05-2012, 12:38 PM
【 STAGE 4 (1 year or more): The Long Road 】

1, 2, 3, 4, 5 years, huh? This person truly means something to you. You are “in love” with this person. He/she made a difference in your life. No one else knows you more than this person. You guys have been through the good, the bad, and the ugly, and still strive to make it last.

*If your relationship ends in this stage — You feel heartbroken; it’s tough. You can’t sleep, can’t eat, you miss him/her, you try to move on, you try meeting new people, but seems like nothing works. For whatever reason the split occured, it must’ve been something important, or something must have been so wrong that it took over. Being “just friends” is impossible, because if you tried to be friends, you wouldn’t be able to think of them in any other way besides the one you once “loved” .. .. ♥

sadguy55
28-05-2012, 03:06 PM
For me only 2 stage, Before Sex and After Sex.....

The end result is SEX,

HaoHaoRen55
28-05-2012, 03:35 PM
100% agreed with Sadguy55, after all, sex is all about having rs with opposite sex, 99.99% of the time

ironman73
28-05-2012, 05:01 PM
For me it goes as such :

1) Honeymoon Stage - 3months and above. I normally will not even go into any relationship if it don't work out after 2-3 dates..Or will get out soon enough if the other party wanted to go into a marriage or starting a family. My honeymoon stage normally last 2-3 years before they pop the magic question..

2) Bumpy and Rocky stage - For me will be most likely 12 months above...Both of this goes hand in hand for me.

3) Long Road - Will not go into it, as the ending is always pretty much the same.

My personal advice, get hurt....you will become immune to it faster..

sane
28-05-2012, 09:18 PM
Nowadays most guys are just keen in NSA/FB with no commitment,the first stage should be meet n greet, second stage bed & farewell bfast, 3rd stage missing in action (sourcing for new target)~

hamsapkwai
28-05-2012, 09:31 PM
Hmmm the stages somehow seem familiar....

Oh yes i know!!! It`s like cancer!!! :eek:

rubberduckygirl
28-05-2012, 11:06 PM
For me it goes as such :

1) Honeymoon Stage - 3months and above. I normally will not even go into any relationship if it don't work out after 2-3 dates..Or will get out soon enough if the other party wanted to go into a marriage or starting a family. My honeymoon stage normally last 2-3 years before they pop the magic question..

2) Bumpy and Rocky stage - For me will be most likely 12 months above...Both of this goes hand in hand for me.

3) Long Road - Will not go into it, as the ending is always pretty much the same.

My personal advice, get hurt....you will become immune to it faster..

agreed!

and sometimes it hurt you so much till it becomes selective memory. one fine day you find yourself waking up and have little or no recollection of the memories. and no matter how much you try to recall, you cant seem to remember much either.

shiokpleasure
28-05-2012, 11:07 PM
put it this way, there is a difference between 'falling in love' and 'growing in love'.

when you fall in love, you also can fall out of love fast. but when love grows on you, it's something which is nurtured and cultivated. every moment is of purpose and planned. it's like taking up a new project which you will plan phase by phase and any problems which occurs, you will take great pains to get them solve and have a workaround.

Nan Hong Gui
28-05-2012, 11:11 PM
thanks for sharing bro

shiokpleasure
28-05-2012, 11:14 PM
agreed!

and sometimes it hurt you so much till it becomes selective memory. one fine day you find yourself waking up and have little or no recollection of the memories. and no matter how much you try to recall, you cant seem to remember much either.

i don't really recall my past flings, but somehow the sex parts still remains no matter how much i try to forget them.

maxsee
28-05-2012, 11:17 PM
I comes to realize tat the smart ones stop one step of getting into marriage...marriage is as good as digging ur own grave.....:D:D:D

shiokpleasure
28-05-2012, 11:25 PM
I comes to realize tat the smart ones stop one step of getting into marriage...marriage is as good as digging ur own grave.....:D:D:D

if that is really the case, then cheongsters won't fall for kc trap liao.

so the really smart women are those who know how to KC lo.

ironman73
28-05-2012, 11:29 PM
Nowadays most guys are just keen in NSA/FB with no commitment,the first stage should be meet n greet, second stage bed & farewell bfast, 3rd stage missing in action (sourcing for new target)~

I have my fair share in playing around the fields for many years. As for me, i did have a marriage that lasted 9 years with both pretty and sad memories.
After this fail marriage, i see relationship in a different prospective and one thing is for sure, the needs, wants and priority between man and woman, husband and wife is different. As time prolong so does the gap of differences increase. I am not saying that a gd marriage is not possible, is just kind of hard to come by especially living in a urban city such as Singapore.

For me, i always make known to the other party in advance that i am not into any marriage or serious relationship (at least for now). I don't need to go around cheating and lying to woman just to get inbetween their legs. I am in my late 30s, i would prefer to have a quiet, stable time for myself then some crazy, passionate relationship...with unpredictable outcome.

sane
29-05-2012, 12:03 AM
I have my fair share in playing around the fields for many years. As for me, i did have a marriage that lasted 9 years with both pretty and sad memories.
After this fail marriage, i see relationship in a different prospective and one thing is for sure, the needs, wants and priority between man and woman, husband and wife is different. As time prolong so does the gap of differences increase. I am not saying that a gd marriage is not possible, is just kind of hard to come by especially living in a urban city such as Singapore.

For me, i always make known to the other party in advance that i am not into any marriage or serious relationship (at least for now). I don't need to go around cheating and lying to woman just to get inbetween their legs. I am in my late 30s, i would prefer to have a quiet, stable time for myself then some crazy, passionate relationship...with unpredictable outcome.

I second that too, termed that as me-time when I can laze under the pool n look @ the blue blue sky, stroll along the beach n listen to the waves, chilling out alone with a couple of drinks, I dun see the need to entangled with messy kc r/s~

maxsee
29-05-2012, 07:57 AM
Men really should just sit down and start to think...why sign on the dotted line...when things dun work out in the future and u want to leave...u end up suffering....best is to stay rational and never let small head takes over ur thinking....:D:D:D

sane
29-05-2012, 08:03 AM
Men really should just sit down and start to think...why sign on the dotted line...when things dun work out in the future and u want to leave...u end up suffering....best is to stay rational and never let small head takes over ur thinking....:D:D:D

Both hands up for this..sign le then regret..cause all the sufferings.

Bebeque
29-05-2012, 09:27 AM
Just as in the wild, the male of the species will always be the one doing the chasing. What it takes for two to become one will solely depend on whether female of the species is willing to open up the hole for the little bro, for whatever is her rationale (good looks, good smell, goo chemistry, $$$$$$$, emotional needs, etc, etc).

Nowadays, It is also often the female of the species who will decide whether to continue with or end the cojugal arrangements.

ironman73
29-05-2012, 11:32 AM
I am in my late 30s, 轰轰烈烈的感情不如平平静静的生活。。

maxsee
29-05-2012, 12:54 PM
Totally agree on tis statement...."轰轰烈烈的感情不如平平静静的生活..."

When u see a lot in life...nothing is better then peace and tranquility.....:D:D:D

PRCBONK
29-05-2012, 01:53 PM
Relationships is one big problem

HwangChao
30-05-2012, 12:15 AM
Relationships is one big problem
That's why you take whores :D

HfjTerrorist
30-05-2012, 02:13 AM
100% agreed with Sadguy55, after all, sex is all about having rs with opposite sex, 99.99% of the time

Hi Clone of OldMan1955, NiceOldMan55, you running out of ideas for new nicks is it? All your clone nicks registered on 24th May and all got 55. Can use your blain a little bit or not :D

gent
30-05-2012, 03:45 PM
【 STAGE 4 (1 year or more): The Long Road 】

1, 2, 3, 4, 5 years, huh? This person truly means something to you. You are “in love” with this person. He/she made a difference in your life. No one else knows you more than this person. You guys have been through the good, the bad, and the ugly, and still strive to make it last.

*If your relationship ends in this stage — You feel heartbroken; it’s tough. You can’t sleep, can’t eat, you miss him/her, you try to move on, you try meeting new people, but seems like nothing works. For whatever reason the split occured, it must’ve been something important, or something must have been so wrong that it took over. Being “just friends” is impossible, because if you tried to be friends, you wouldn’t be able to think of them in any other way besides the one you once “loved” .. .. ♥

Very true.. Feel it myself..

KimEmma
30-05-2012, 06:04 PM
Thanks for the info.

Stimsia
31-05-2012, 12:21 AM
sex is so hollow and a black hole; never enough
i yearn for a r/s to balance the life but almost a impossibility :(

thewildone
31-05-2012, 01:08 AM
[QUOTE=machoman;7268862]【 STAGE 3 (7-12 months): The Rocky Mountain 】

Just ended an rs at this stage. Very true. Sometimes you really need to see if you and the gf are on the same path. Otherwise, don't waste time liao. Women today know they are empowered to choose their destiny. But unfortunately, women are also fickle minded and their chosen destiny can change like clothes.

Rickey
31-05-2012, 07:16 AM
Just as in the wild, the male of the species will always be the one doing the chasing. What it takes for two to become one will solely depend on whether female of the species is willing to open up the hole for the little bro, for whatever is her rationale (good looks, good smell, goo chemistry, $$$$$$$, emotional needs, etc, etc).

Nowadays, It is also often the female of the species who will decide whether to continue with or end the cojugal arrangements.
Well said, bro, how so very true !!...she can blow 1 min hot and cold the next :(...its a fact so few of us guys realise until we reach the break-up stage...sad isn't it ?...but tats the reality of life we are living on tis earth...pple just never know how to get along well wif each other for long...thus the high divorce rate as well !...sigh.. humans always disappoints and tats why many of my christian friends always believe tat GOD is only their TRUE FRIEND !! :) ..they always trust & turn their hearts to Him ALONE bcos he truly loves all men & women ! :)

rubberduckygirl
31-05-2012, 07:14 PM
i don't really recall my past flings, but somehow the sex parts still remains no matter how much i try to forget them.

sex parts remains yes.

i mean the memories of u two together. i cant quite remember what actually happen to me and my exbf that would lead to a breakup. afterall its a build up of events and feelings. i just woke up one day and cant remember any thing about the rs. selective memory they say.

genesisx
08-09-2012, 04:58 PM
Test post.........

Lookforhope
09-09-2012, 05:05 AM
Dear Bro TS

Would there be a stage 5? Thanks