PDA

View Full Version : Work Permit & Pregnancy

junkie2807
03-05-2012, 03:23 PM
Dear All,

I have a problem that I need advice on. My girlfriend who is a work permit holder is now about 2 months pregnant. While we both want to keep the baby, the mother has decided not to because she wants to continue working here in singapore.

She does not have a work permit at the moment as she has quitted her previous job & awaiting a new work permit from her new employer if the boss decides to hire her. Does this work in our favour?

Does anybody know if we can go to a hospital to have an abortion without revoking?

If going to a hospital means she gets send back, is there anywhere where we can get an aborting without MOM knowing?

What are the charges & does she need to be hospitalized or warded?

Please advise.

owl888
03-05-2012, 03:31 PM
From what I heard form my agent friends, impossible to get WP if pregnant. If ur gf abort, then really pity coz the baby is innocent & oso not a strong enuf reason in exchange of WP:confused:

Why dont u marry her, get long term vist pass....then apply for PR. But in order to do all these u need to have healthy income?

zami
03-05-2012, 04:43 PM
No need to get long time pass.Get married and both mother and the child will be singaporean.The child is singaporean and the mother will get PR in singapore.

Gaofar
03-05-2012, 04:47 PM
You, my friend, are royally fucked..

That aside, you only have 2 roads in-front of you to choose, which is as easy as do you guys wants the baby or not..

If want the baby, then you got to quickly go into hyper mode and arrange for marriage and apply for long-term visit pass, then the PR, as per Bro Owl888 mentioned. That way she get to work in Singapore here and you guys may start a new, though abrupt, family together. A nice ending..

If don't want the baby, then you cannot do it in Singapore here. However a short trip to the "other-side" to our friendly neighbour will definitely be able to cater such service of abortion for you. So end state, life will be back to what it was without all the worries and whatnots..

Caution though: with this episode happened, you do know that you can actually see in entirety about her attitude towards you? You realise that it was only at this stage when you can finally see with absolute clarity if the woman wants to be with you? How's her reaction to it?..

If it's purely because of you & her current situation is not right to have a baby and so you guys have no choice but to abort it, then yes I will fully support it and wish you people all the best.. But if it's really that she just didn't want to be tied down with a child at hand and you can actually provide comfortably for the 2(or 3) of you with ease, then I'll really have to wonder why not?..

Of course there are too many other reasons to decide upon what you people wanted to do and I merely just want you to be clear and able to see the situation properly, without going crazy with the whole crowd and all..

Wish you guys the best in whatever you do.

Cheers and regards.

Apocalypse
03-05-2012, 04:51 PM
You did not indicate which country is she from.

If she is on work permit, she will need to apply permission to deliver her baby in singapore, and/or getting married in singapore. Depending on the country she is from, and the quota as well as your financial status, they will revert to you.

I applied for my ex malaysian gf once, permission was granted but thank God I dwe didn't get married or she not pregnant.

dickster_99
03-05-2012, 07:29 PM
To get married, you will need to get approval from MOM irregardless whether you both decide to get married in SG or her country. There are cases whereby couples get married overseas without approval, the girl will having problem coming back to SG.

Golden question
03-05-2012, 07:45 PM
No need to get long time pass.Get married and both mother and the child will be singaporean.The child is singaporean and the mother will get PR in singapore.

u sound so easy that the mother will surely get PR,what makes u think so:confused:

junkie2807
03-05-2012, 07:50 PM
Thank you all for your replies. She is from Sabah, East Malaysia.

I've read through the posts and given enough though. She doesn't want to Kee the baby because she want to carry on working here. Both of us want to keep but circumstances don't allow.

My income is reasonable. By cutting down all vices and limiting my overseas trip, I am able to raise this family though we'll be staying with my parents for the time being. Housing prices are insane at the moment.

Golden question
03-05-2012, 07:50 PM
Dear All,

I have a problem that I need advice on. My girlfriend who is a work permit holder is now about 2 months pregnant. While we both want to keep the baby, the mother has decided not to because she wants to continue working here in singapore.

She does not have a work permit at the moment as she has quitted her previous job & awaiting a new work permit from her new employer if the boss decides to hire her. Does this work in our favour?

Does anybody know if we can go to a hospital to have an abortion without revoking?

If going to a hospital means she gets send back, is there anywhere where we can get an aborting without MOM knowing?

What are the charges & does she need to be hospitalized or warded?

Please advise.

My only question to u is are both of you ready to become parents?If yes,give birth to this baby,u can help her apply for the Ltvp Plus if your financial status is stable meaning u have a stable job.She can work as long as the company notify and get approval from MOM.

junkie2807
03-05-2012, 09:59 PM
My only question to u is are both of you ready to become parents?If yes,give birth to this baby,u can help her apply for the Ltvp Plus if your financial status is stable meaning u have a stable job.She can work as long as the company notify and get approval from MOM.

I'm ready. Maybe tomorrow psycho her again to reconsider.

DO_YOU_BJ
03-05-2012, 11:03 PM

HAHAHA u tink wanna marry just marry ah?
Like buy car?
Friend, this one WP holder, not S Pass meaning in the eyes of the govt, not a contributor to our economy n neither is an asset to our island more a liability than can be revoked as easy as 1 2 3.
WP get preggers before even trying to register for long term pass also -1 point.
Next, apply new WP no way cos check up cfm cannot escape she's pregnant.
If its found out now that she's pregnant, she'll be deported out ASAP.
When check up, cfm she pregnant, also cfm deport ASAP.
IT IS LAW that any WP holder that is diagnosed pregnant n is not alerted by that medical facility will face heavy persecution!
So, even if a company keeps her knowing she's pregnant on humane basis, if she gives birth here after hiding in some ulu mountain on our mountainless island, she, the baby will also be deported cos considered as alien and her employer will be persecuted!

DO_YOU_BJ
03-05-2012, 11:10 PM
Dear All,

I have a problem that I need advice on. My girlfriend who is a work permit holder is now about 2 months pregnant.
I just need confirmation from you that this WP holder is not a WL n u met her not thru the means of FL.
No insult, just wanna be super sure in advise application!

DO_YOU_BJ
03-05-2012, 11:18 PM
Bro financial standing does not mean cutting down of vice expenses.
It means taxable income that the authorities will use to measure whether u r financially sound.
But since u mentioned the majic word "CUT DOWN" then I think there is surely gonna be a prob.
I had a friend who's a pilot FYI
Make a WP pregnant n want to apply her to be PR n deliver here.
Went to meet at table for his case.
They told her to go back n reapply.
Last heard, yes, they're married.
In Msia but to date, years have passed, her application to come here still rejected and their marriage cert n all paperwork submit dunno how many thousand times, appeals still no go.
I am not trying to discourage u but even now, as the atmosphere is very tense for all foreigners to come over for long term or PR or even WP, it's getting real difficult to see success.
But go for it, I wish u all the luck, u 3 might be the lucky 1 :D

hotstuffm8
04-05-2012, 04:56 AM
trolololol

junkie2807
04-05-2012, 07:13 AM
I just need confirmation from you that this WP holder is not a WL n u met her not thru the means of FL. No insult, just wanna be super sure in advise application!

I understand your concern. She's not a WL, 100% WP. I used to hang around her workplace after work just to chit chat with her & her colleagues.

junkie2807
04-05-2012, 07:16 AM
Try going to your MP. Discuss the matter openly without rancor. MPs are paid their salaries to handle issues like this.

Remember, an innocent life is in your hands. Call me a traditionalist or whatever, but abortion will never be an option for me.

Good luck bro.

Sounds like a good idea. :)

Hopefully something will come out of it. Meet-people-session coming soon too, wonder what my MP will do.

erroneous
04-05-2012, 08:31 AM
1) ROM
2) Apply for LTVP+ (No need to wait for baby to be born)
3) Find job (More company willing to hire as theres no levy impose)

Q8: My foreign spouse is currently pregnant. Is she eligible to apply for LTVP+?
A8: Yes. She is eligible to apply for LTVP+.

Q38: Must the company pay foreign worker levy to hire LTVP+ holders on LOC?
A38: There is no foreign worker levy imposed for hiring LTVP+ holders.

playboybunny
04-05-2012, 08:42 AM
Marrying her will be a legal way of solving your current problem.

playboybunny
04-05-2012, 08:43 AM
You, my friend, are royally fucked..

That aside, you only have 2 roads in-front of you to choose, which is as easy as do you guys wants the baby or not..

If want the baby, then you got to quickly go into hyper mode and arrange for marriage and apply for long-term visit pass, then the PR, as per Bro Owl888 mentioned. That way she get to work in Singapore here and you guys may start a new, though abrupt, family together. A nice ending..

If don't want the baby, then you cannot do it in Singapore here. However a short trip to the "other-side" to our friendly neighbour will definitely be able to cater such service of abortion for you. So end state, life will be back to what it was without all the worries and whatnots..

Caution though: with this episode happened, you do know that you can actually see in entirety about her attitude towards you? You realise that it was only at this stage when you can finally see with absolute clarity if the woman wants to be with you? How's her reaction to it?..

If it's purely because of you & her current situation is not right to have a baby and so you guys have no choice but to abort it, then yes I will fully support it and wish you people all the best.. But if it's really that she just didn't want to be tied down with a child at hand and you can actually provide comfortably for the 2(or 3) of you with ease, then I'll really have to wonder why not?..

Of course there are too many other reasons to decide upon what you people wanted to do and I merely just want you to be clear and able to see the situation properly, without going crazy with the whole crowd and all..

Wish you guys the best in whatever you do.

Cheers and regards.

Yes! You're absolutely correct.

Regaine
05-05-2012, 11:33 AM
Marrying her will be a legal way of solving your current problem.

Provided if you truly love her.