PDA

View Full Version : Heaart let me down recently in Manilla

Maryanne
21-04-2012, 02:58 PM
Two months ago i went to Manilla for my brothers wedding. About midnight I was waiting for another brother, he was in the beauticans at midnight getting his hairy eyebrows threaded before we went to spy out the karaoke bars.
I spied a gruby 10 year with three smaller kids behind him hanging out over the fence by Kentuck Fried Chicken.
I noticed they looked very hungry and went and bought 4 boxes of chicken and passed them to these hungry kids.
I was really impressed with the politeness of the 10 year old and how he helped the two younger girls sit and eat before tucking in.
After a good night out, I spent a steepness night over these hungry kids and decided it was a cope out giving them takeaways they needed healthy food.
Next morning I talked the beautician owner into feeding these kids whilst I was off to the weeding and I would make arrangements when i got back to Manilla.
5 days later we had 6 kids we were feeding twice a day.
Two months later we have 30 kids we are feeding once a day. I am off to Manilla early May to sort out a house so the kids can wash, and get a few worthy ones organised for school.
Lyn the beautician has joined me on this venture, and does all the hard work, i send a little cash that is still probably less than what I spend on cigarettes a week.
My heart let me down, but I am enjoying knowing that i am making a difference to the brige kids.
I call them the bridge kids as they live under a bridge close to the Manilla Airport.

alan0338
21-04-2012, 06:33 PM
wah, sobrang mabait ka ...

sleepy80
21-04-2012, 08:16 PM
You are really great to have done that.. Salute to you

goodpartner
21-04-2012, 10:57 PM
bro, cheers to you.

But er... is this a evolving story you're telling which will eventually led to how a commercial fuck turned into a torrid love affair which has turned your life upside down?

thaivisitor
22-04-2012, 12:04 AM
bro, cheers to you.

But er... is this a evolving story you're telling which will eventually led to how a commercial fuck turned into a torrid love affair which has turned your life upside down?

Or then starting telling us you now have a hundred kids to feed and ask any bro here to "contribute" to your charitable affair?

Apocalypse
22-04-2012, 02:11 AM
bro, cheers to you.

he need donation.

give him some used toys or clothes if u can loh

Ichigo_Kurosaki
22-04-2012, 10:22 AM
TS, there's a foundation Tulay ng Kabataan - “A Bridge for the Children” that will be able to take in all these 30 or more unfortunate street children. ;)

Give a child a box of chicken and you feed him for a day. Teach a child to farm and you feed him for a lifetime. ;)

This foundation offers them a complete structure that supports their social rehabilitation ;)

ANAK - http://www.associationanak.org/ANAK-in-brief

Btw, this is Matters of the Heart. Has a Commercial Fuck turned into a torrid Love Affair which has turned your life upside down? Fear not. We have experts here who can help you through your roller coaster ride. Tell us your story and we'll do our best to help. My heart also let me down cos normally I would "suan" such out of context threads but I give you BOD since you are helping the unfortunate people and trying to make a difference ;)

abd5
23-04-2012, 02:01 AM
Good Effort but please teach the kids something which can help them

It is good to teach a hungry man to fish instead of handing him a fish to eat ..

Hope you all the very best

Maryanne
24-04-2012, 02:25 AM
Thanks for the responses, and appreciate the link to the TS, there's a foundation Tulay ng Kabataan - “A Bridge for the Children” this is a great long term solution. I also agree with abd5 about teaching them useful skills.
Certainly can\t have the girls becoming maids after reading a few of the maid stories. LOL

Maryanne
24-04-2012, 02:32 AM
Good Partner, this is something that is a Langtrees thing, you won't be called on to help.