PDA

View Full Version : divorce advice...

ben06
08-10-2010, 11:45 PM
i need advice on problem i'm facing now....divorce...any bro know if divorce can done back date...?know wat i mean...?u pay the lawyer extra $$...i heard some got take in $$...den they will back date the doc...and submit...how they going to do it i not sure...
like if u wan do it in a month...it can be done...

wint3rflame
09-10-2010, 12:29 AM
Whether can back date or not also depends on your ex-wife-to-be. If she doesn't concur that both of u has been separated for at least 2yrs due to either of the 4 big reasons, then u're in for a big headache. Mind you, every details in the legal documents u had submitted thru your lawyer during the application for divorce as suppose to be 100% true and without discrepancy.
So, my best advise for u is to have a good talk with her and mutually agree on the time frame if both of u really want to get this marriage over and done with asap.

jadedragon
09-10-2010, 01:13 AM
Bro,

I believe you are talking about filing for deed of separation. Yes, you 'are' able to backdate the separation deed provide both you and the other party and the lawyers agreed to it so that you can reach the compulsary 3 year separation period earlier and file for actual divorce proceedings and court order. Hope this helps on what you are looking at.

icecum
09-10-2010, 01:55 AM
Yo bro you may find all info from here by our Dear Bro Big Sexy

http://www.sammyboyforum.com/showthread.php?t=40761

OkoBoko
09-10-2010, 07:14 PM
Yes, it can be done as long both party are agreeable with it. Yr lawyer will do the paper for you, both of u just sign on it. And no extra money is needed. Who told u need extra $$$ for it???? Standard divorce fee.

wolfling
10-10-2010, 08:28 AM
Hi bros out there,sadly all good have to come to an end.Enough torment for me and I'm planning to put an end to my misery.Anyone out there with the same sorrow or experience can estimate the cost for the whole proceedings and when and how much to pay.Low on cash but po pian need to get out before my life is ruined.
Thank you in advance.

sammyboyfor
10-10-2010, 09:12 AM
So, my best advise for u

Should be "My best ADVICE for you....".

"Advise" is a verb.

Max77
11-10-2010, 10:43 AM
....Enough torment for me and I'm planning to put an end to my misery...Low on cash but po pian need to get out before my life is ruined.
Thank you in advance.

low on cash...err...i've been browsing divorce posts recently n i don't really think a divorce will be an end to ur misery leh. How much u r giving ur wife per month as pocket money? Imagine u might need to giv her 3 to 4 times tat amount after divorce u know? I suggest u find a job overseas n stay there until u r mentally sound enuff to fight a divorce war here in a country tat has the utmost 'respect' to women. Cheers

my advice has nothing to do wif this forum. All my personal point of view.

SC7176
11-10-2010, 11:09 AM
Dun know abt backdate divorce, I am a divorcee myself. Best is to ask a lawyer. Now I am a freeman....join the club! It's FREEDOM

keloph
12-10-2010, 12:04 PM
Imagine u might need to giv her 3 to 4 times tat amount after divorce u know? I suggest u find a job overseas n stay there until u r mentally sound enuff to fight a divorce war here in a country tat has the utmost 'respect' to women. Cheers

comparing to other developed countries, dont know sG law better or worse towards guys in divorcing ...

xyman
12-10-2010, 11:14 PM
comparing to other developed countries, dont know sG law better or worse towards guys in divorcing ...

I really dun understand this woman charter, husband divorce wife need to pay maintenance, wife divorce husband also same.. What century already. The woman can surviive so many years before getting married, you mean they cannot after divorce??? The recent changes in woman charter should include that the government take care of all the old and single ladies.

cuppam1982
12-10-2010, 11:46 PM
before ur marriage reach 3 yrs, letter of sep

if marriage reach 3 yrs-----> straight away bb.

my suggest,,, why don u see which one come first.... if the marriage haven reach 3yrs (eg 2yrs) you do the letter of sep.. then after that once it hit 3yrs--- file for divore..

but this have to be agree with ur wife and lawyers

as for the mthly money.... i think u need to see on wat ground u all "break up"

for me... unforunately and forunately, i divorce after 2 yr.. i do letter of sep first. then intend to divore after 3 yr milage hit... i don pay a single cents..
you need to proof.. why u wan to ignore the charter. u need a strong stand. best is wife agree.

if u wan pm me, i can see how u can "fight" the case

mr chen
12-10-2010, 11:58 PM
ya, singapore law really protects women here :(

my law lecturer advise us not to register marriage in sg, try other countries for eg, hawaii. if partner question, just say hawaii is more romantic ma~

*i am not 100% sure that this will work. i quoted my law lecturer.*

hoosdathu
12-10-2010, 11:58 PM
TS is the one kena KC prob with a viet WL (http://www.sammyboyforum.com/showthread.php?t=210239), now wanna divorce?
a local wife? another FT gal? :confused:

keloph
13-10-2010, 11:52 PM
I really dun understand this woman charter, husband divorce wife need to pay maintenance, wife divorce husband also same.. What century already. The woman can surviive so many years before getting married, you mean they cannot after divorce??? The recent changes in woman charter should include that the government take care of all the old and single ladies.

That is why now lot of SG ladies can not find husband, read that SG has more female than male now as male will not stay here if have choice :D

uobboss
19-10-2010, 07:41 PM
Hi bros out there,sadly all good have to come to an end.Enough torment for me and I'm planning to put an end to my misery.Anyone out there with the same sorrow or experience can estimate the cost for the whole proceedings and when and how much to pay.Low on cash but po pian need to get out before my life is ruined.
Thank you in advance.

Lawyer fees ard 2k .
You can source around .

Maintainence fees : depends got kids and how much she wants per mth till she remarries .

marker75
20-10-2010, 04:38 AM
i need advice on problem i'm facing now....divorce...any bro know if divorce can done back date...?know wat i mean...?u pay the lawyer extra $$...i heard some got take in $$...den they will back date the doc...and submit...how they going to do it i not sure...

i think many bros here got it totally wrong for divorce in singapore leh. but im quite certain this are facts (correct me only if you are super sure or with legal references):

1) if you married less than 1 year (with no kids), you can go for marriage annulment with some stupid excuse like "refusal to consumate marriage"

after annulment, both are considered SINGLE not divorcee. (naturally no alimony to pay)

2) if you married more than 1 year, you CAN divorce and do the papers immediately IF both parties AGREE. (not only on divorcing but also on matters like house, alimony, kids if any etc)

the entire proceedures from first meeting with lawyers till degree nisi then absolute nisi (names of the divorce papers with absolute nisi being the final one) will only take at max 6 months.

3) married for more than 1 year, both agree to divorce but terms not settled upon, eg kids, house, asset, alimony.

can file for divorce but normally case drag long (more than 9 months) cos lawyers will have to do lots of letters correspondents. at worst case scenario will even fight the case before a magistrate.

4) one party refuse to sign divorce papers. then lan lan gotta file for separation and wait 3 years. back date can be done so long as any party (normally the initiator) can show evidence of separation, eg, house rental agreement and prove that one party have been living alone (not with the wife/husband).

hope the above explaination helps.

anycase, to those bros who think the women's charter is flawless, drop me a pm, i can share how to "siam" this part :D
but its a long time taking process :p

henrywoon
21-10-2010, 05:56 PM

bro, usually for divorce cases is abt 2k, am not sure is the layer willing to risk his licence jus for 2k but i do believe there is a loophole as long as u and ur ex wife agreed upon it, there shld be a way.
anything under a yr, its easier as its called anullment, but procedures will drag 3-6mths esp if u hv a flat
anything more than 1 yr, will be more complicated.
its always best to talk to ur ex wife is it a must to go thru all this, if its a must for divorce, better state the terms that both of u guys are comfortable.
this will save alot of time