PDA

View Full Version : Pls advise - How to bring my wife in to singapore

vietnam80
29-09-2010, 12:45 PM
To cut it short....

My wife was imprisoned in jail for drug comsuption and she was deported back last year november. i have tried 3 times to apply for her to come back again, filling up the form 14 application, spouse sponsor and etc... but the letters from ICA always came back saying rejected and no further details on how i can bring my wife in. We are married in singapore and have marriage cert.

Any bros or sis can kindly help advise me how can i go about bringing my wife in????

Thanks.
Sad Me.

Schenker
29-09-2010, 01:46 PM
To cut it short....

My wife was imprisoned in jail for drug comsuption and she was deported back last year november. i have tried 3 times to apply for her to come back again, filling up the form 14 application, spouse sponsor and etc... but the letters from ICA always came back saying rejected and no further details on how i can bring my wife in. We are married in singapore and have marriage cert.

Any bros or sis can kindly help advise me how can i go about bringing my wife in????

Thanks.
Sad Me.

Sad to say, I can foresee her not able to enter Singapore for the next 5 years. The immigration rules have tightened, buddy.

For a start why not you go visit her first?

vietnam80
29-09-2010, 02:05 PM
Sad to say, I can foresee her not able to enter Singapore for the next 5 years. The immigration rules have tightened, buddy.

For a start why not you go visit her first?

huh???? 5 years?? bro, we are legally married in singapore for 6 years... Singapore can separate married couples? Any other alternatives?

High five
29-09-2010, 02:08 PM
Very hard to get your wife into singapore once break any of the laws here.
Me also almost same situation as you, during my wife green card stay here, she
not allowed to leave singapore, then sudden incident require her to go back,
and she went back, and when she want to enter, she was rejected entry for breaching
dunno law and repatriated and refused entry for 3 years, now is already 4 years and i am still trying. :mad:

Zoick
29-09-2010, 03:12 PM
huh???? 5 years?? bro, we are legally married in singapore for 6 years... Singapore can separate married couples? Any other alternatives?

In the 1st place, she consume drug and break the law, why can't the government deport her back to country of origin, correct?

ekemono
29-09-2010, 04:20 PM
Firstly, are you working and actively contributing CPF and income taxes?
You should be.

Go see your MP with the ICA notification letter. Your MP will write in for you and then you need also to go down and speak with ICA.
For your case, even over the counter they tell you cannot, tell them nicely you wish to discuss with the in-charge.

If he/she likes your face and humbleness, they will give one, two month but mandatory cash security deposit of $1500 onwards.

This one all depends on your luck and soap drama wayang.

katana blader
29-09-2010, 05:09 PM
Maybe going to your MP will help? :)

Ichigo_Kurosaki
29-09-2010, 07:56 PM
To cut it short....

Since you were married to her, why didn't you stop her from her drug abuse? ...... :confused:

Black_Hawk_Up
29-09-2010, 10:52 PM

to put the record straight, put yourself as the law's enforcer shoes. if someone is a potential law breaker, will you allow them into your shore? don't blame the gun, blame the person who choose to pull the trigger.

sorry to be blunt. emotion apart, do you really don't mind our goverment letting potential durg addicts into our society without check?

having said that, the law does not separate your wife and you. none of you will get jail for meeting each other.

other then that, your best bet is MP. cook up the best story you can. for example saying both of you are passing child bearing age and need to set up a family fast, she had paid her debt, suffering from depression etc etc...

good luck.

vietnam80
30-09-2010, 09:11 AM
Bros....thank you all for your attention and advise. I had actually seen the MP but the reply from ICA still remain rejected. I was thinking if can i just ask my wife to travel here to singapore then see if can heng heng pass the immigration??

vietnam80
30-09-2010, 09:13 AM
Firstly, are you working and actively contributing CPF and income taxes?
You should be.

Go see your MP with the ICA notification letter. Your MP will write in for you and then you need also to go down and speak with ICA.
For your case, even over the counter they tell you cannot, tell them nicely you wish to discuss with the in-charge.

If he/she likes your face and humbleness, they will give one, two month but mandatory cash security deposit of $1500 onwards.

This one all depends on your luck and soap drama wayang.

Ty bro, i guess this is the only way out for me at the moment now..

Max77
30-09-2010, 01:39 PM
Jus in case u r really damn desperate about it... Ask ur wife to write a few detailed letters of Repent and mail it to u. Plus, u urself also write a few(ur wife's fault also ur fault actually). After u collect a few of her's plus ur's, pass it to the MP on ur next visit. Request to read it out to him face to face. Trust me, those MP r more than willing to help, but they can't spell it out how u can actually do it-if not every Tom Dick n Harry knows how to bring 'wife(s)' over liao.

I do not advise u to wayang infront of MP. Bcoz from the way u express urself here, i bet u gonna make a fool of urself. (I'm someone who can get MC whenever i feel like it; but when i'm really sick, most of the time can't get MC...get wad i'm trying to say?)

vietnam80
30-09-2010, 01:50 PM
Jus in case u r really damn desperate about it... Ask ur wife to write a few detailed letters of Repent and mail it to u. Plus, u urself also write a few(ur wife's fault also ur fault actually). After u collect a few of her's plus ur's, pass it to the MP on ur next visit. Request to read it out to him face to face. Trust me, those MP r more than willing to help, but they can't spell it out how u can actually do it-if not every Tom Dick n Harry knows how to bring 'wife(s)' over liao.

I do not advise u to wayang infront of MP. Bcoz from the way u express urself here, i bet u gonna make a fool of urself. (I'm someone who can get MC whenever i feel like it; but when i'm really sick, most of the time can't get MC...get wad i'm trying to say?)

Thank you for ur advise bro. i will see the MP next tuesday.

Cheonging101
30-09-2010, 05:16 PM
To cut it short....

Since you were married to her, why didn't you stop her from her drug abuse? ...... :confused:
My sentiments exactly! Bro TS, you're married for 6 years with her and she was (still?) taking drugs (at least up to) last year?

In my mind, there are 4 people whom, when related to you, you can kiss your $$$ goodbye.

1) Compulsive gambler
2) Accomplished conwoman
3) Drug addict
4) Shopaholic aka wastrel

It's bad enough to be born into a family with (or giving birth to) one such person, but to marry one?! Might as well marry an FL who are none of those 4. You'll be a lot happier.

Black_Hawk_Up
30-09-2010, 05:38 PM
Bros....thank you all for your attention and advise. I had actually seen the MP but the reply from ICA still remain rejected. I was thinking if can i just ask my wife to travel here to singapore then see if can heng heng pass the immigration??

don't try that. it almost certainly going to fail and make things worst. if that can happen easily, won't there be a lot of people successfully enter singapore without valid visa?

even if she manage to get through the custom, it will be illegal entry. that will be a point of no return for both of you. also, you get the custom officer in trouble. 2 wrong does not make 1 right.

seriously with her situation, the chance for her to success is very low at least within the ban period. just got to keep trying and hope for the best. at the same time, maybe you can think of alternative. maybe you can move over to her country of origin instead.

Star_lite
30-09-2010, 05:58 PM
Actually i know of a way which is possible... But if touch wood, something goes wrong, she will have to be imprisoned again.

So you really must see if its really so important that she is entering singapore.

All i can say is for the next five years there is no waiver of the duration to come in earlier what so ever. Don't need even bother to go ica to get permission to enter singapore, because they will only entertain you after 5 years is up.

And for your case, its true that you dont bother approaching mp also.

Black_Hawk_Up
30-09-2010, 06:07 PM
Actually i know of a way which is possible... But if touch wood, something goes wrong, she will have to be imprisoned again.

So you really must see if its really so important that she is entering singapore.

All i can say is for the next five years there is no waiver of the duration to come in earlier what so ever. Don't need even bother to go ica to get permission to enter singapore, because they will only entertain you after 5 years is up.

And for your case, its true that you dont bother approaching mp also.

i have a friend used to be working in those goverment social aid department. she said sometime the MP will write in and advice against helping those people that seek help from the MP when they deem them to be unworthy of it. you will never know what your MP is writing to the relevant department:rolleyes:

Star_lite
30-09-2010, 06:55 PM
i have a friend used to be working in those goverment social aid department. she said sometime the MP will write in and advice against helping those people that seek help from the MP when they deem them to be unworthy of it. you will never know what your MP is writing to the relevant department:rolleyes:

Actually seeking help from the MP is a good choice especially its near voting season... hee :) but for ts wife's case is something not easy to close one eye..

Black_Hawk_Up
30-09-2010, 09:26 PM
Actually seeking help from the MP is a good choice especially its near voting season... hee :) but for ts wife's case is something not easy to close one eye..

sadly that the best and only chance although a narrow one. i don't see any other way out of this.

i do feel for thread starter's situation. but even if i am the MP, i will rather use my reputation to endorse for someone more deserving. who will want to vouch for drug abuser. imagine the reaction of the ICA officer in-charge reading the MP letter.

sorry to say that, but just stating the fact.

Ichigo_Kurosaki
01-10-2010, 04:30 AM
Again, I want to remind you to come clean with your MP and not cutting any corners during your session nor hoping for any stroke of luck (Heng-Heng thingy). You help him to understand your case and he help you in your case.

Schenker
01-10-2010, 05:17 PM

Legally married yes, but if your foreign spouse violated immigration rules or any criminal acts, Singapore is "duty-bound" to separate you hor.

Seek MP, you can try lor, if election is nearing.

Btw who's your MP first? If luck shines on you, senior minister MPs or lawyer MPs can still stand a chance.

But it will be tough luck, my frd.

vietnam80
01-10-2010, 06:05 PM
can i put my MP name here? Anyway my MP start with OSM.. i have been vietnam 3 times lor then sometimes we quarrel over phone that i dun visit her frequent enough. But i really very tight up with work as boss do not allow me frequent leaves. :(

Black_Hawk_Up
02-10-2010, 12:29 AM
can i put my MP name here? Anyway my MP start with OSM.. i have been vietnam 3 times lor then sometimes we quarrel over phone that i dun visit her frequent enough. But i really very tight up with work as boss do not allow me frequent leaves. :(

travelling around like this is not fun. first hand experience. between my wife and me, we try to split the travelling equally:D can be quite a tiring experience.

as well as airfare, my wife normally will bear her own share until we start to use a particular airline which have a better rate. normally i will do the booking for her which translate to paying for her airfare too:eek: she offer to pay me back but as any gentlemen, the final bill will end up to be mine.

sorry to OT:p

anyway, i think you should remind her who is the cause of all these problems to put thing into prospecstive for her.

owl888
02-10-2010, 12:38 AM
TS since ur wife cannot come Sin, go Malaysia lor. Rent a landed property in JB and let your wife stay there till your appeals are successful. At least, u got to see her every week and u dunn have to exhaust all your savings flying to/fro Vietnam and taking leave from work which may not be good if taken too frequent.

My 5 cents worth of advice.

Star_lite
02-10-2010, 05:18 AM
well there isn't say no way at all.. Like i said there is one only way, but if get caught , it is a few months jail term.

And for your wife case i am quite sure even mp help also no use.....

SingViet
02-10-2010, 09:31 AM
You cannot blame anyone on this. Your wife played with fire and got burnt. And you, as the spouse, should have spend time and attention on her to prevent her from drug abuse.

Its because of vietnam girls like your spouse that break the law in singapore and still create a scene that resulted in others to look down on vietnam girls here. My apologies for being blunt, but i do not think that MPs will assist you in any way. :(

vietnam80
02-10-2010, 09:38 AM
TS since ur wife cannot come Sin, go Malaysia lor. Rent a landed property in JB and let your wife stay there till your appeals are successful. At least, u got to see her every week and u dunn have to exhaust all your savings flying to/fro Vietnam and taking leave from work which may not be good if taken too frequent.

My 5 cents worth of advice.

Thank you bro for your suggestion. I have also consider your suggestion b4 but another side of me will also think what she is going to do during monday to friday when i'm not with her.... so maybe this plan is quite difficult.

vietnam80
02-10-2010, 09:44 AM
You cannot blame anyone on this. Your wife played with fire and got burnt. And you, as the spouse, should have spend time and attention on her to prevent her from drug abuse.

Its because of vietnam girls like your spouse that break the law in singapore and still create a scene that resulted in others to look down on vietnam girls here. My apologies for being blunt, but i do not think that MPs will assist you in any way. :(

Bro, i get what u mean... N i also blame myself for the things happen. But i wish to let u knw that partly its because of the days when she started drug abuse, i was inside prison due to foriegn illegal workers issues and also before when i was imprisoned, we had alots of quarrels as she found out that i had a 3rd party. During the days i was imprisoned, she had only visited me one time and subsequetly no news from her, after i came out, i called her mum and then it was from then i knew she was in jail also. i truely regretted what has happen and i really to hope to seek any good advise from u bros on what alternatives ways i can turn to.

Star_lite
02-10-2010, 09:50 AM
Bro, i get what u mean... N i also blame myself for the things happen. But i wish to let u knw that partly its because of the days when she started drug abuse, i was inside prison due to foriegn illegal workers issues and also before when i was imprisoned, we had alots of quarrels as she found out that i had a 3rd party. During the days i was imprisoned, she had only visited me one time and subsequetly no news from her, after i came out, i called her mum and then it was from then i knew she was in jail also. i truely regretted what has happen and i really to hope to seek any good advise from u bros on what alternatives ways i can turn to.

sorry to say this bro, now u say about urself n having a jail term previously, it makes it even more difficult to get her in ...

Star_lite
02-10-2010, 09:58 AM
Here's a tip on how to get her in, im not gonna be detail in public just a little hint.

OK now the 1 most impt factor that rejects her entry is her name and fingerprints which immigrations has in its database..

the way on how to enter u can start thinking already . see ya
around.

Schenker
02-10-2010, 01:15 PM
Here's a tip on how to get her in, im not gonna be detail in public just a little hint.

OK now the 1 most impt factor that rejects her entry is her name and fingerprints which immigrations has in its database..

around.

Why don't you suggest altering one's facial features? :rolleyes:

If you sincere in helping the threadstarter, please don't suggest illegitimate methods to further deplete any chance of his wife of entering.

newbie23
02-10-2010, 01:21 PM
I think it does not really matter whether it's near voting time or not

True, during voting time they appear more friendly, more willing to please you. But how long does the voting period end? A matter of 2-3 weeks. You would not get the outcome so fast.

During that time, they will say sure, everything ok, write letter here and there but I think more on lip service. Once voting is over, you'll know what would be the attitude

It's like salesman, before you buy, everything ok, everything guarantee. Once you paid, haha, you know what's doing to happen

newbie23
02-10-2010, 01:24 PM
sorry to read this and sorry to say this, I think since both of you got records, it will be impossible to bring her back to singapore

If you're clean on records and have reasonable stable income like 2-3K, at least you still have a 10% of getting her back to singapore as you can be her guarantor for her long term stay in singapore

But since you're in jail before, I think they will straightaway ignore the request, no matter how many MPs write for you

Ichigo_Kurosaki
02-10-2010, 01:31 PM

around.

I edited my prevous "red" post above on the chances actually.
To cut it short, given TS case with an MP and MP to ICA - He got about 30% chances of success BUT it is still better than an open application if he do it himself. Please don't encourage TS to ruin this 30% for a -3000% as if current situation isn't bad enough.

TS, My final piece of advice is to encourage you to do what you need to do in a clean & honest approach.

newbie23
02-10-2010, 01:31 PM
I think I agree with you. Ultimately, the career path for MP is to be promoted to some Ministers and final destination is to be the Prime

So usually, they will tread on safe path so as not to tarnish their records, I think.

Imagine this yourself. If you're MP, would you want to risk your career path to vouch for someone with records? What's the chances of success?

Even if it's successful, only 2 person would be grateful. That's all! But the risk side if what's the person commits crime again ?

If that happens, the MP could be mocked at for doing silly thing? So to be fair to MP, do you think he will want to risk all these things just to get 2 person to be grateful?

I think no. I think they will most likely to do safer things and move upwards in the career path.

sadly that the best and only chance although a narrow one. i don't see any other way out of this.

i do feel for thread starter's situation. but even if i am the MP, i will rather use my reputation to endorse for someone more deserving. who will want to vouch for drug abuser. imagine the reaction of the ICA officer in-charge reading the MP letter.

sorry to say that, but just stating the fact.

Ichigo_Kurosaki
02-10-2010, 01:51 PM
No cause for concern for an MP career path if this case misfired. It is mandated that all MPs are required to attend the M-P-S sessions and to offer assistance to the residents cos it is necessary to show that they are doing their job in representing the voters. Even ex-convicts are given a 2nd chance which is why we have the Yellow-Ribbon project. However, I would like to stress on the word “genuine” when seeking an MP assistance. ;)

It is good to know there are voices of concern of them unperforming cos PEOPLE ARE WATCHING!

Star_lite
04-10-2010, 06:38 AM
Why don't you suggest altering one's facial features? :rolleyes:

If you sincere in helping the threadstarter, please don't suggest illegitimate methods to further deplete any chance of his wife of entering.

Its not i dun wanna let it be known, but not in public. cause once known , the authorities will surely do something about it.

I'mm also giving ts to consider if he wanna give it a try because like i said if get caught, she will be jailed. So if he decides to take the risk , he can pm me.

But the percentage of being caught is also quite minimal unless ts or the wife are invovle in illegal activities.

Black_Hawk_Up
04-10-2010, 09:00 AM
Its not i dun wanna let it be known, but not in public. cause once known , the authorities will surely do something about it.

I'mm also giving ts to consider if he wanna give it a try because like i said if get caught, she will be jailed. So if he decides to take the risk , he can pm me.

But the percentage of being caught is also quite minimal unless ts or the wife are invovle in illegal activities.

this is nothing new. such method have been out for as long as people trying to enter another country illegally.

sorry to break your bubble but anything that we can discuss of, the authorities already know about it.

considering both of them is having criminal record and the wife is a drug abuser which she had already been caught once, what make you think it won't happen again? by knowing letting someone which enter singapore illegally staying with him, he will be charged as well.

i think that a very stupid idea to suggest. if she is just trying to make a living here is fine. but she is here for her family. by using another identity, his wife will also "won't be" his wife anymore. so other then able to stay together, they can't have children, schooling, buying of flat etc etc...

eventually, if the long arm of the law caught up with them although you think the chance is remote, they are going to lose much more then now.

Black_Hawk_Up
04-10-2010, 09:12 AM
Thank you bro for your suggestion. I have also consider your suggestion b4 but another side of me will also think what she is going to do during monday to friday when i'm not with her.... so maybe this plan is quite difficult.

letting her stay in JB is quite a good idea as for now.

if those JB rider can zoom in and out of JB waking up 3-4am daily, i sure you can do it if you want it bad enough.

goodpartner
04-10-2010, 10:56 PM
Is it really safe to house a single lady in JB's landed house?

Break-in seems highly probable once she's seen to be alone most of the time. Maybe I'm paranoid by all those juicy news across the border.

Are there any well-known "mistress condo" or town in JB maciam like what they have in Sheng Zheng across the border of Hong Kong?

Is Batam a safer choice? No prize for guess what I'm so curious :D

Teatree
05-10-2010, 09:27 AM
To cut it short....

Thanks.
Sad Me.
why not buy a house in JB and get her there. JB is not too far from Singapore. And you can travel to work daily.:)

vietnam80
05-10-2010, 09:44 AM
Thank you bros for the advise. I have got in contact with one lawyer which he told me that he can try to appeal for her in. I will be meeting up with him today and will post his advice.

Ichigo_Kurosaki
05-10-2010, 09:52 AM
deleted post

ShittyAss
05-10-2010, 11:20 AM

around.

>> This will lead her to be ban further and to face a jail term again and more server term.

ShittyAss
05-10-2010, 11:25 AM
TS...sad to know that such stuff happens to u...

To be simple...dont bother...they will never give u and ur wife a chance. All those talks about reform and those yellow ribbons are just for show.

Ur offence are not criminal charges though it does have a jail term. Sponsor part u will fail already. Are you working now?

Get your family members, mainly your parents to be her sponsor...but provided your parents are still working...

Try with ICA to appeal...but u can appeal until the cow dont come home and it will still be rejected...

MP wise...u can try and try...but the answer will still be the same for u...

Do this a few more years...and u will have a solution to the whole picture...

I dont wana be too direct...but end of the day, either is u move to vietnam, or ur family will be break up.

Sorry dude...just move on... Sad facts of life..

Rof|maoxz
05-10-2010, 02:21 PM
Sorry dude...just move on... Sad facts of life..

Bro ShittyAss, how ya you? Long time no see. ;)

Schenker
05-10-2010, 02:30 PM

The risk of getting caught is high. So I do not know how your low % of being caught derived from.

Anyway, there are many ways of getting the wife "near" to him. Not necessarily must house her in Singapore. :)

ShittyAss
05-10-2010, 03:02 PM
Bro ShittyAss, how ya you? Long time no see. ;)

haha...me? bad lah...sian...stop all such activities and be good boy liao..also seldom surf forum...wat abt u?