PDA

View Full Version : How to get out of maintenace

Scleropages
01-12-2009, 08:17 PM
My friend met a Thai PR several years back. Had a child with her, luckily never married. Soon after, she took off with the child back to Thailand after an argument. Then, came back a couple of years later and successully asked for maintenance through the Family Court. Child is Thai national. Friend never saw child and feels not so fair to pay for maintenance at Singapore rates. Any bros never pay maintenance ? Heard that just don't pay, kena complain, then pay again. At least can save a months of $$$.

Big Sexy
01-12-2009, 08:30 PM
check out this sticky
http://www.sammyboyforum.com/adult-discussions-about-sex/40761-all-you-need-know-about-marriage-divorce-under-sg-law.html

Any bros never pay maintenance ? Heard that just don't pay, kena complain, then pay again. At least can save a months of $$$.

Oralcraz
02-12-2009, 01:04 PM
Had a child with her, luckily never married. Soon after, she took off with the child back to Thailand after an argument. Then, came back a couple of years later and successully asked for maintenance through the Family Court. ..... Friend never saw child and feels not so fair to pay for maintenance at Singapore rates. Any bros never pay maintenance ? Heard that just don't pay, kena complain, then pay again. At least can save a months of $$$.

I think not legally married, there is no grounds on maintenance right?

Scleropages
02-12-2009, 08:01 PM
No maintenance for the woman, but fr the child, yes. It's kind of unfair, cause the quantum based on Singapore standards. Give her a sum of money every month, she'll waste it. And it's for many years to go. No one like to be forced to pay.

Scleropages
02-12-2009, 08:53 PM
Any bros never pay maintenance ?

Oralcraz
03-12-2009, 12:41 PM
No maintenance for the woman, but fr the child, yes. It's kind of unfair, cause the quantum based on Singapore standards. Give her a sum of money every month, she'll waste it. And it's for many years to go. No one like to be forced to pay.

OIC. Btw, with due respect, did u confirm the child belongs to u? Did u check with lawyer? Is the child in S'pore?
If yes, maybe one way is to wholly own yr child. i.e. pay a one time fee and get yr child back without string attached. Done thru lawyer. Good luck.

Scleropages
03-12-2009, 07:53 PM
The paternity is genuine. Can't bring back cause already there for 3 years.

Oralcraz
03-12-2009, 09:48 PM
The paternity is genuine. Can't bring back cause already there for 3 years.

Quite a messy situation. Since this is all thru' the eyes of the law, you just have to follow.:(.
"Heard that just don't pay, kena complain, then pay again. At least can save a months of $$$." ..... Yes. This is what one of my friend is doing. Sometime pay sometime don't. Save a litte $$$. Good luck.

Scleropages
04-12-2009, 09:40 PM
Quite a messy situation. Since this is all thru' the eyes of the law, you just have to follow.:(.
"Heard that just don't pay, kena complain, then pay again. At least can save a months of $$$." ..... Yes. This is what one of my friend is doing. Sometime pay sometime don't. Save a litte $$$. Good luck.

Thanks bro, looks like that is the only way. And when the child turn 17, pay direct to the child.

Big Sexy
05-12-2009, 07:58 AM
it is your responsibility to support your own child.
why don;t you read the sticky like i suggest?
your answers can be found there..

Thanks bro, looks like that is the only way. And when the child turn 17, pay direct to the child.

Scleropages
06-12-2009, 09:50 AM
Have read the thread. It states what the laws providing for if you don't pay maintenance. What I am asking is whether there are bros who don't pay and share their experience.

What I gather is that the only way is to not pay for some months here and there and hope she finds it too cumbersome to make a claim.

Support the child is not a problem. But, who is happy to pay a sum at Singapore standard for Thai lifestyle. And who is happy to pay where the lifestyle and $$ spent on the child is determined by another party.

The laws are unfair, but who are we to change them. Only way is to stop some $$$.

Big Sexy
06-12-2009, 10:48 AM
mate..if you are only want to know if there are people
who don't pay up and for them to share their experience.
you should use a more appropriate thread title than
"How to get out of maintenance?
here are some helpful tips you could find from the sticky.

Do I still have to pay maintenance to my children if I do not see them or my spouse/ex-spouse refuses to let me see them?

Yes, you will still have to pay maintenance for your children, even if you do not see them or if your spouse/ex-spouse refuses to let you see them. Seeing your children is a separate issue from supporting or maintaining them. If you wish to see your children, but are experiencing problems with your spouse/ex-spouse, then you may wish to make the appropriate application in court.

The court has ordered me to pay maintenance for my child. For how long must I pay the maintenance?

You can stop paying maintenance after your child's 21st birthday, unless the maintenance order states that the order is to continue for a period ending after your child's 21st birthday. In addition, if your child is able to support himself before he turns 21 years old (for example, he starts working before 21 years old), you may apply to the court to rescind the order on the ground that he no longer needs maintenance from you

Is it possible to change ("vary") or revoke ("rescind") a maintenance order once it is made? What kind of changes can be made?

It is possible to apply to vary a maintenance order once it is made. However, the court will only vary or rescind a maintenance order if there has been a material change in the circumstances of the applicant or other parties to the maintenance order. A "material change in the circumstances" means a significant change in the lives of the parties, necessitating more maintenance (for example, if a child graduates from primary to secondary school, and the school expenses are considerably higher), or which affect one party's ability to pay maintenance (for example, if one party is involved in an accident, is paralysed and cannot work).
The maintenance order can be varied by increasing or decreasing the amount payable, or by changing the date on which payment is made. It is also possible to vary the mode of payment, for example, if payment has been ordered to be made to a party through a particular bank account, it can be changed to making payment directly (i.e. by cash or cheque) to that party; or an attachment of earnings order can be applied for; or lump sum maintenance can be applied for in lieu of monthly maintenance. However, you will have to give the court good reasons why you are applying for such a variation.

The court may also vary a maintenance order if it is satisfied that the order was made based on any misrepresentation (i.e. presenting a false view of the facts) or mistake of fact.

You should note that a variation application is not appropriate if you are in fact dissatisfied with the maintenance order made by the court. In such cases, you should file an appeal.

What I am asking is whether there are bros who don't pay and share their experience.

Support the child is not a problem. But, who is happy to pay a sum at Singapore standard for Thai lifestyle. And who is happy to pay where the lifestyle and $$ spent on the child is determined by another party.

joew2005
06-12-2009, 11:34 AM
bro,i m veri puzzled ?? :confused:

If yr "friend" nvr saw the child,hw could "he" be so sure tat the child is "his" ?

On wat gnd did the woman won the rite 2 asked 4 $$ ?

Ninja_Assassin
06-12-2009, 06:43 PM
They are overseas just fuck care lah. she gotta coming to singapore to claim your money. if just few hundred dollars i think she oso sian to journey here every month for that little bit of money.

Scleropages
07-12-2009, 08:56 PM
The mother and child was staying with him for some months since birth. Birth cert got his name. Later, mother took off with child. Child is in Thailand. Thai mother is in Singapore. She is separated from her 1st husband, but is believed to have gone back to stay with 1st husband's house, as she also have children with 1st husband. Child therefore born illegitimate in Singapore, and a Thai national., as the practice of ICA is to follow mother's nationality for illegitimate child.

Oralcraz
10-12-2009, 12:09 PM
The mother and child was staying with him for some months since birth. Birth cert got his name. Later, mother took off with child. Child is in Thailand. Thai mother is in Singapore. She is separated from her 1st husband, but is believed to have gone back to stay with 1st husband's house, as she also have children with 1st husband. Child therefore born illegitimate in Singapore, and a Thai national., as the practice of ICA is to follow mother's nationality for illegitimate child.

Try to find a good lawyer, seems like there is a case to fight for the custody cos the first husband is not the son bio-dad, yr friend is. The mum cannot put him in someone's else's care and demand maintenance if the father is willing to take care. Also if the son status is illegitimate. Looks like a case of being conned big time. Try to fight for custody again and try getting citizenship for him. Is very complicated but I think should seek real professional advice.

Psalm
14-09-2011, 01:38 AM
The court has ordered me to pay maintenance for my child. For how long must I pay the maintenance?

You can stop paying maintenance after your child's 21st birthday, unless the maintenance order states that the order is to continue for a period ending after your child's 21st birthday. In addition, if your child is able to support himself before he turns 21 years old (for example, he starts working before 21 years old), you may apply to the court to rescind the order on the ground that he no longer needs maintenance from you

Is there any other ways not to pay the maintenance? Besides, wife remarries, child over age of 21st birthday and etc.?

Kindly list out all possible ways. Thank you