The Asian Commercial Sex Scene  

Go Back   The Asian Commercial Sex Scene > For stuff you can't discuss with your Facebook Account > Adult Discussions about SEX

Notices

Adult Discussions about SEX Misc chit chat about sex, whores, girls, love and lust. This section is a ZAP FREE zone.

User Tag List

Old 30-03-2012, 11:56 AM
Samster

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 11601 / Power: 23
jackbl has a reputation beyond reputejackbl has a reputation beyond reputejackbl has a reputation beyond reputejackbl has a reputation beyond reputejackbl has a reputation beyond reputejackbl has a reputation beyond reputejackbl has a reputation beyond reputejackbl has a reputation beyond reputejackbl has a reputation beyond reputejackbl has a reputation beyond reputejackbl has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Tieng Viet lovers club

Mid-day naps, uniquely Vietnam
=======================================
Have you ever been to the fair? I’m talking about one with a Ferris wheel, cotton candy, and rows of sideshow games. My favorite personal favorite is Whac-a-Mole where little heads pop up and down growing in numbers and speed.

That game came to mind the first time I walked into a darkened Saigon office at the end of the lunch hour. Thinking it was empty and someone had forgotten to lock up, I turned to leave and bumped a trash can. One head popped up from behind a desk. A second head shot up, followed by a third and so on. I’d Whac-a-Moled the entire office. It wasn’t the best first impression.

Midday naps are hardly unique to Vietnam. Spain has their famed siesta. In Bangladesh bhat-ghum translates to “rice sleep.” Full bellies result in heavy eyelids I suppose. When you add it all up, afternoon naps are embraced in countries throughout South America, Europe, and Southeast Asia.

I talked with two Vietnamese career women about the tradition and its roots. Nguyen Thi Huyen Trang’s employer is foreign and while she doesn’t nap at the office, she’s no stranger to the tradition. She attributes it, in part, to the heat of the afternoon. She also believes employers know workers will wake up refreshed and will work harder and more efficiently the rest of the day. One of her co-workers, however, looks at it as more of a cultural tradition than a practical one.

“Maybe people are just lazy,” the colleague joked.

Some in my home country of America likely think that's the case. However things may be changing. Big name companies like Nike, Google, and Ben & Jerry’s not only encourage napping, they provide quiet rooms and in some cases comfy couches and chairs. The ability to nap during work is viewed as a perk of the job, right alongside quality health insurance and extra vacation time, but it also benefits employers. Studies show a quick 26 minute nap can result in up to a 34% increase in performance and raise alertness by 54%. Vietnam may have had it right all along.

I know personally of the beauty of a mid-day nap. During college I spent a summer studying in southern Spain. At first the idea of stopping in the middle of the day for a siesta seemed like a waste. I always had a list of things to do and sleeping was a luxury for which I didn’t have time. But checking off that to-do list during siesta proved impossible. Banks, restaurants, shops, and offices were all closed. I quickly realized there was nothing to be gained by fighting tradition. It was time to follow the crowd.
“If everyone jumped off a bridge, would you too?” nagged the voice inside my head.

If there was a soft bed with pillows at the bottom, yes. Yes I would. And so I did, with every siesta making me feel more and more like a true Spaniard. It was a dream come true.

2014 - 27yo and above
Min 10 points to exchange
Old 31-03-2012, 04:44 PM
Samster

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 522 / Power: 13
vietboy is a glorious beacon of lightvietboy is a glorious beacon of lightvietboy is a glorious beacon of lightvietboy is a glorious beacon of lightvietboy is a glorious beacon of lightvietboy is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pohchuan View Post
First time posting in this thread, here goes, correct me if I am wrong

Chao cac ban,

Ten Em la PohChuan. Em dang hoc tieng viet. Hoc da bon thang roi. Em noi tieng viet kong tot lam. Xin vui long cac ban day em o day. Cam on tui anh nhieu lam.
My version:

Chao moi nguoi, (Hi everyone)

Ten em la PohChuan. Em dang hoc tieng viet. Hoc da co boun (4) thang roi. Em noi tieng viet khong co tot lam. Xin ban dc day em o day khong? ( please can you teach me here?) Cam on nhieu lam.

Old 31-03-2012, 09:22 PM
Samster

My Reputation: Points: 440 / Power: 14
ngropy is a living Saint! - you won't find betterngropy is a living Saint! - you won't find betterngropy is a living Saint! - you won't find betterngropy is a living Saint! - you won't find betterngropy is a living Saint! - you won't find better

Hello senior bros.

Anyone can help me translate this?

tih tih cua a ki cut ai cug noi het. e mun sua a lai rui mih ha cuoi. a nge loi e hk ha????

Thanks..
Old 01-04-2012, 08:08 AM
Samster

jackbl has a reputation beyond reputejackbl has a reputation beyond reputejackbl has a reputation beyond reputejackbl has a reputation beyond reputejackbl has a reputation beyond reputejackbl has a reputation beyond reputejackbl has a reputation beyond reputejackbl has a reputation beyond reputejackbl has a reputation beyond reputejackbl has a reputation beyond reputejackbl has a reputation beyond repute

狮城夫越南妻“夫唱妇随”,一起涉嫌拉皮条,接越南雏妓来本地卖淫,导致另外3名顾客因嫖雏妓 被控!

这名狮城龟公是程瑞明(42岁),目前已被捕;他的越南龟婆吴仙(32岁),至今仍在潜逃。

这对夫妻之所以曝光,是因为他们向黎喜成、陈华英和钟兴高介绍并教唆他们向雏妓寻求性服务。这3人已于昨日 ,连同另外6名年龄24至59岁的男子,因为嫖雏妓而被控。

也就是说,涉嫌嫖雏妓被控的男子,至今已经增至9人!

龟公竟是老板,曾开设计公司;老翁嫖雏妓处竟在购物中心

2014 - 27yo and above
Old 01-04-2012, 08:36 AM
Samster

包括公司老板、董事和富家子,共6男子涉嫖雏妓,今早齐被控。

这6名男子年龄介于24岁至59岁,各面对1到3项嫖雏妓的控状。

根据控状,这6人涉嫌在去年7月间,分别向3名越南雏妓索取付费性服务。其中涉案最年轻的雏妓仅16岁,服 务其中3名被告,另两名雏妓案发时17岁。

据了解,6被告都是有钱人,其中包括公司老板和董事,当中最年轻的24岁被告,则是富家子。

2014 - 27yo and above
Old 01-04-2012, 10:38 AM
Samster

My Reputation: Points: 214 / Power: 14
Seletar is a Helpful and Caring SamsterSeletar is a Helpful and Caring SamsterSeletar is a Helpful and Caring Samster

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackbl View Post
包括公司老板、董事和富家子,共6男子涉嫖雏妓,今早齐被控。

这6名男子年龄介于24岁至59岁,各面对1到3项嫖雏妓的控状。

根据控状,这6人涉嫌在去年7月间,分别向3名越南雏妓索取付费性服务。其中涉案最年轻的雏妓仅16岁,服 务其中3名被告,另两名雏妓案发时17岁。

据了解,6被告都是有钱人,其中包括公司老板和董事,当中最年轻的24岁被告,则是富家子。
Lucky my name not in the list, next time book vb must check their I.C
Old 01-04-2012, 11:03 AM
Samster

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 1121 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 39999 / Power: 32
Hurricane88 has a reputation beyond reputeHurricane88 has a reputation beyond reputeHurricane88 has a reputation beyond reputeHurricane88 has a reputation beyond reputeHurricane88 has a reputation beyond reputeHurricane88 has a reputation beyond reputeHurricane88 has a reputation beyond reputeHurricane88 has a reputation beyond reputeHurricane88 has a reputation beyond reputeHurricane88 has a reputation beyond reputeHurricane88 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seletar View Post
less than 18 not allowed into hotel with you @ hcm...

Up me if want trade.....will not return if you dun hv min 60 pts

Please Do Not reply long post, always edit...may zap and remove post

Old 01-04-2012, 02:37 PM
Samster

The way to a tourist’s heart…
============================================

…is through his stomach, says André Bosia, Executive Chef of Sofitel Metropole Hanoi

André Bosia, who worked in France, Scotland, Austria, Egypt, Czech Republic, Switzerland, and Japan before he took up his current position in Vietnam four years ago, told Vietweek that Vietnamese cuisine, which is fresh and tasty, can be a great ambassador for the country and should be promoted abroad.

Vietweek: How did you come to Vietnam?

André Bosia: I had always wanted to come to Asia, so when the position came up at Sofitel Metropole, I was very interested. I already knew Vietnamese food, as the Vietnamese community in France is quite big. There are a lot of Vietnamese restaurants in Paris, and I always go there. So, I came here, and have worked for four years at Sofitel Metropole now.

When I arrived here and saw with my own eyes all these wonderful things, I wanted to discover more of the culinary art of Vietnam through the prism of French gastronomy.

At Metropole Hanoi, what do you do to make Vietnamese food different from what is offered by restaurants in Paris?

With the help of Hai and Van, who are the Vietnamese chefs of Sofitel Metropole’s restaurants, we make some food with a combination of French and Vietnamese styles. For example, we make nem (spring roll), a popular Vietnamese food, with foie gras and green mango. Foie gras is very common in France. At the Metropole hotel, Vietnamese food is a combination of both cultures.

You come from a country famous for its gastronomical delights. What is it that makes you like Vietnamese food?

France is very famous for its food, but French food is very different from Vietnamese food. In France, we use a lot of butter, cream, and similar ingredients. In Vietnam, you use a lot of fish sauce. You also use a lot of steamed vegetables and fish. So, your food is very light, while in France, food is very heavy. You don’t put butter and oil in the food. You use a lot of herbs. Your cuisine is very tasty and very light.

However, Vietnamese food is not easy to make, it takes long time to learn, a lot of practice.

How attractive is Vietnamese food compared to that of other Asian countries like as China, India and Thailand?

Indian food has many spices, especially powdered spices such as paprika, chili, and cumin. Vietnam uses fewer spices than India and China, while Thailand has a lot of strange food like scorpions. Vietnam uses a lot of fresh herbs. For example, we use garlic, onion and dill in making chả cá – a special fish dish in Hanoi. We don’t use powdered spices.

In Vietnam, everything is fresh. You don’t cook now for tomorrow’s eating. You do now for now. In France or some other Asian countries, we sometimes prepare food now and cook tomorrow. When I worked in Japan, we bought vegetables for three days. In Metropole Hanoi, every day we receive salad (vegetables), fish, meat, egg, herbs. We buy and use for only one day. So I think the taste is very good. Vietnamese food is light and fresh, and it is good for health, so many people in the world like it.

Some countries are strengthening promotion of their traditional food to boost tourism. Should Vietnam do this as well?

Yes, you should. I think Vietnam has started doing this. Last year travel agent Hanoi Tourist sent two chefs to France to promote Vietnamese food and organized a discover Vietnam program. You do this many times in Europe, and Vietnamese food will become well known in the continent. I think promoting its cuisine will get more people interested in Vietnam. It is an effective way to lure foreign visitors to Vietnam.

As chefs, we can use Vietnamese products, introduce them to our colleagues and customers. They would ask me how to use it. I would tell them, and say there are a lot of good products in Vietnam like fish sauce, black pepper and cinnamon. There are many items European people like, but they don’t know where they can get them.

It will be very good if Vietnamese food is promoted abroad. For example, the Vietnamese community in Australia is very big, and many Australian people don’t cook much, so they may go to Vietnamese restaurants. And after eating Vietnamese food in Sydney, they would find that it is very good, very tasty and easy to eat. Then they would be more interested in Vietnam.

What is the most important quality that determines the success of a chef?

The most important thing is that you want to learn. There is no fixed recipe. Sometimes, you have to change ingredients to make food better. For example, each time you cook, you should put only 10 grams of herbs into the food, until the recipe is balanced. Thus, you need to practice a lot, and find something special to add to a dish. And to become a good chef, you need to have good taste. Aptitude is also very important.

Is there any change you would like to see in Vietnam’s food business?

Hygiene is very important. The country should increase control over food hygiene, checking product quality more often. Many people get food poisoning although the situation has improved a lot over the past three years. One of my friends was sick for three days after eating bún (noodle) sold in the outside market. You need to follow hygiene regulations. All restaurant staff should undergo training in food hygiene.

By Bao Anh, Thanh Nien News (The story can be found in the March 16th issue of our print edition, Vietweek)

2014 - 27yo and above
Old 02-04-2012, 01:26 AM
Samster

Vietnam for the Vietnamese
=======================================

Tourists and expats should understand Vietnam has bigger fish to fry than appeasing foreigners

The neurotic public discussion of Vietnam’s relative merits as a tourist destination has crossed the threshold into insanity.

A hailstorm of criticism kicked off with the inexplicable international publication of an American’s embittered blog post, which badmouthed all of Vietnam based on experiences he found unpleasant, all of which could just as well have happened anywhere in the world.

The debate has raged on, consistently underemphasizing or ignoring altogether, the economic factors primarily responsible for Vietnam’s pitfalls. It is as if the country’s sole purpose is to prevent crimes against its tourists and ensure no expat be kept up nights by loud music. The process has marginalized the Vietnamese people in a myriad of ways, most notably in its failure to recognize that the Vietnamese suffer disproportionately more from the same ills foreigners take as personal affronts.

The race to ‘defend’ Vietnam has only made things worse. The nadir may have been a recent letter to the editor, differentiating between “real Vietnamese” and the “low-class scum” that prey on tourists. I cannot think of anything sillier than a foreigner, no matter how long he’s lived here, daring to preside over Vietnamese authenticity.

It’s incredibly ironic that local folks who work in the more touristy parts of town could somehow be considered less than Vietnamese. The overwhelming majority of these people are so fair-minded in their dealings, they all but transcend the inherent dictates of an economy increasingly driven by free market principles. In my experience, they condemn injustices suffered by foreigners with more vigilance than the commonplace sufferings of their compatriots. With paranoiac fervor, they admonish every foreigner sober enough to listen, not to abandon their street smarts while traveling in Vietnam.

Although the complaints of foreigners are being granted increased airtime, they are nothing new. In 2001, I was thrilled to learn the young woman seated beside me in law school orientation had recently traveled through Southeast Asia, as I had. I raved about my experiences in Vietnam and was dumbfounded to hear her reply with a sermon which began, “If Vietnam ever wants to be a real country,” and went on to allege how she paid 20 percent more than a local would have, for a flight from Ho Chi Minh City to Hanoi.

The median incomes of foreign tourists and expats exponentially exceed the average Vietnamese salary, which stands currently at 108 bucks a month. That locals sometimes pay less for equal value simply does not constitute an injustice. Furthermore, it is as if many foreigners, Westerners in particular, suspend their knowledge of rudimentary economics upon setting foot in the developing world. They begrudge vendors for attempting to maximize their profit margins, ignoring that such practices adhere to the most basic tenants of capitalism. Fixed prices have become the way of the world, but it is not how a free market operates, where the price of everything is supposed to be in constant flux based on annoyances known as supply and demand.

I do not waste any more time worrying about being overcharged in Vietnam than I do tormenting myself over the fact that an international student pays infinitely more than I did to attend college in California, which I might add, is also significantly more expensive for somebody from New York.

A vastly increased gap between rich and poor has gone part and parcel with Vietnam’s rapid development. As long as consumerism and the quest for material wealth continue to penetrate deeper into modern Vietnamese society, money will become a bigger part of identity and incidents of crime, both petty and violent, will rise.

But HCMC is becoming evermore like Los Angeles, and every year Vietnam more closely resembles the countries from which its tourists tend to hail. If the street crime here ever reaches Californian levels, it will be because its root causes were never examined, let alone addressed. This is the case in the US, which according to the New York Times imprisons not only a higher percentage of its population than any nation on earth but more total people than anyone else as well.

Perhaps it is because I come from America, the ultimate hotbed for crime and corruption of the highest order that I tend to dismiss foreigners’ gripes about Vietnam out of hand, absolutely unable to get worked up over scam taxis, pickpockets, aggressive vendors and the like. But worse things do take place in Vietnam, sometimes even to foreigners.

Crimes like street theft and muggings reveal perpetrators far too desperate to discriminate among potential victims based on anything other than calculated estimations of profit. Motorbike thugs follow the same code as corporate moguls, though you do not hear many foreigners in Vietnam admonishing Coca-Cola or Monsanto.

Vietnam, free of foreign rule and occupation for less than 40 years, remains at a crossroads. Since the US embargo was finally lifted in 1994, the country has completely overhauled its economy. Vietnam is a real country with real problems and it is neither reasonable nor plausible that the government would make sterilizing the Vietnamese experience for tourists and expats a top priority.

As it is, Vietnam, its increasing numbers of tourists and expats notwithstanding, has overgrown its infrastructure. Instead of attempting to please elites who live or visit here, whatever their nationality, Vietnam would be better off if the government concentrated on the concerns of its most powerless residents and did everything in its power to improve their life chances. Such efforts would benefit everyone who sits down for some tra da in this unbelievably wondrous land.

We could all benefit from the realization that even miracles cast shadows. It is nothing less than miraculous, the dignity with which this extraordinary people have transitioned from a tyrannically oppressed peasantry, to become the most successful repudiators of Chinese aggression, French colonialism and American imperialism the world has ever known. And now Vietnam stands as one of the globe’s most alluring destinations for tourists and expats, despite its drawbacks, which upon deeper inspection, represent nothing more than ordinary trends endemic to highly competitive societies the world over.

By Jeremiah Twain
The writer is an American freelance writer who is living in Ho Chi Minh City. The opinions expressed are his own.

2014 - 27yo and above
Old 02-04-2012, 03:25 PM
Samster

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 620 / Power: 20
Honey Boon is a name known to allHoney Boon is a name known to allHoney Boon is a name known to allHoney Boon is a name known to allHoney Boon is a name known to allHoney Boon is a name known to all

thanks for reminding ....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seletar View Post

But if you find my reports/views/contribution are beneficial and enjoyable, don't be stingy on your points.
Old 03-04-2012, 12:07 AM
Samster

Relieving oneself in public: Urine trouble
=================================================
With the concern the government shows for sending tourists away with a good feeling about Vietnam I cannot understand why they do not start a campaign informing the people that public urinating is unacceptable.

My wife and I walk our two small dogs in the park at Nha Trang beach most evenings and I always take small plastic bags to clean up their droppings whether on sidewalk or grass. In the past we have been asked by the green uniformed attendants to stop allowing them on the grass but we show them the bag and they stopped bothering us. By the way, I never see a Vietnamese owner clean up after their dog and many dogs run loose.

When I do not have time to go to the beach I take them to the small memorial park that is right in front of the train station. That is just a block from our house. The attendant there is not satisfied with my cleaning up. He still wants to make a fuss. My wife was with me the other evening and I told her to ask him why he complains about us when people, both men and women, can be seen every evening urinating in public even though a toilet is in the park. They refuse to pay! He just mumbled something to my wife and we took the dogs home.

The other night, I thought I would trick him and went to the second section of the park, away from his usual sitting spot. As

I was walking a man started to urinate beside the walkway just as the attendant came from his usual spot and started to speak to me (I still speak almost no Vietnamese by the way, sadly!).

I took his hand and pointed him to the man urinating and gestured that he should leave me alone and stop that behavior. He strode off to exercise his official duty but he was very hesitant and the man just ignored him. A few minutes later another man took his place for the same purpose. After awhile there are sections of the sidewalks where you cannot walk without having your nose assaulted by the smell of urine. It is disgusting. I cannot speak for other Asians but I doubt people urinate on the streets of Tokyo or Beijing.

By George Richards

2014 - 27yo and above
Old 05-04-2012, 02:18 AM
Samster

Hanoi named among top Asian cities for street food
================================================== ===
CNN Go, CNN’s travel website, has recently published its top ten list that saw Hanoi as one of Asia's most impressive cities catering to street food lovers.

The top ten voted food paradises include Penang of Malaysia, Seoul of South Korea, Bangkok of Thailand, Fukuoka of Japan, Taipei of Taiwan, Singapore, Manila of Philippines, Phnom Penh of Cambodia and Xian of China.

According to CNN Go, Hanoi is also a street-eater's paradise, with a plethora of options for those who want to eat like a local. “In fact, many swear that the best food in Hanoi is found on the sidewalk, with dishes that often feature fish sauce, lemongrass, chilies, and cilantro and other fresh herbs,” it writes.

The travelling website calls Hanoi “the birthplace of many quintessential Vietnamese dishes, such as pho and bun cha, and the city is often cited as one of the world's great food capitals.”

“The city, which celebrated its 1,000th birthday last year, has put those centuries to good use perfecting its curbside nibbles. Although vendors often cook in small shop fronts, they serve their wares on the sidewalk, on small plastic tables and chairs that can seem woefully inadequate for overgrown foreigners,” CNN Go comments.

2014 - 27yo and above
Old 05-04-2012, 04:09 PM
Samster

Going Beyond the Guidebooks
=====================================
Whether we call this colorful enigma Saigon or Ho Chi Minh City, our sprawling city tells as many stories as it has inhabitants. We have expats like me living in highrise bubbles safely insulated from the fabric of the city. Backpackers migrate to Bui Vien Street and congregate in bars and restaurants catering to their every Western need. Out in the Binh Thanh district, the locals go about their daily business in bustling markets and sidewalk shops a world apart from upscale An Phu just across the river.

Indeed, different communities call our teeming metropolis home, but how often do our worlds cross paths outside of District 1, where HCMC offers the requisite landmarks such as Ben Thanh Market, Vincom Center, the Reunification Palace and more. But as uniquely Vietnamese as these stops on the tourist trail are, are they truly emblematic in terms of building lasting memories of Saigon in our minds?

The same shops lining Vincom Center beckon shoppers in Tokyo, Los Angeles, London and beyond. Ben Thanh Market captivates our senses with its bustle and color, but haven’t we seen the same in Bangkok or Borneo? We can easily succumb to a jaded “been there, done that” mentality and quickly tire of the “same, same but different” offerings of our daily routines if we don’t seek out the uniqueness our surroundings offer.

Each of HCMC’s nine million people has a story to tell, and taking a long walk through our fair city allows us to listen. Indeed, straying away from the typical expat and tourist trails captivates our imaginations with scenes so different from the reality we each call our own. Forget everything you know about the place and fall in love with it all over again by exploring the crowded streets anew.

So what is the real Saigon? It’s the man on the sidewalk fixing flat motorbike tires near the zoo. It’s the crowd of laughing school children playing badminton near a pig roasting on a spit. The wizened lady in her conical hat cutting durian stacked next to her battered bike, office workers enjoying an iced coffee at an impromptu street vendor café, and a young woman praying at an altar inside her beauty salon all add depth and character to an already colorful streetscape.

This is the Saigon hidden from the tourist trail and our own expat lives if we don’t open our minds and venture beyond our usual routines. Looking past the concrete and glass exposes our hometown’s true soul, whose uniqueness builds a lasting impression slow to fade from our imaginations. Every city on earth is a collection of streets and buildings, but it’s the people who make each dot on the map unique. I guarantee if we venture deep into this city on foot and just open our eyes to the people around us, each of us will take in experiences making our time in HCMC priceless and one of a kind.

2014 - 27yo and above
Old 06-04-2012, 10:35 PM
Samster

Vietnamese taught at a French school
==============================================

Jean de La Fontaine, a famous school in Paris, is the first and only school in France that teaches Vietnamese to secondary pupils along with their subjects.

Vietnamese was introduced into the school in 1995 through cooperation between the Vietnamese embassy in France, the French embassy in Vietnam, the French Ministry of National Education, Youth, and Sport and the Agence Universitaire de la Francophonie (Association of Francophonie Universities).

A large number of French and Vietnamese French families attended a lunar New Year gathering for parents of pupils studying Vietnamese at the school. Some of the families were represented by three different generations. Everyone said they love to celebrate the Vietnamese Lunar New Year festival (Tet).

They were also pleased at the teaching of Vietnamese to link their children to the home country. The Vietnam-France Association was founded to help strengthen exchanges between the parents, and also provide learning materials and information about Vietnamese traditions and culture.

Taking part in the event with his wife and a 12-year-old son, Nguyen Van Hai said he has always arranged for his son to visit relatives in Vietnam at least once a year. He said he was moved to see so many French friends gathering at the event to enjoy Tet.

“I like to go back to Vietnam with my grandparents and swim at the beaches in Nha Trang and Phu Quoc. The Vietnamese sea is very warm, even when it rains or storms. I am also looking forward to Tet because I will be given some lucky money," said his son, Nguyen Tam.

Delphine Arnaud, a French woman, said she took her 12-year-old son, Yael, to the Tet event because he has been very keen on Vovinam (Vietnamese traditional martial arts) since he was a little boy and his teacher encouraged him to learn Vietnamese to understand more about the country’s history and traditions.

She said she celebrates Tet every year with him and gives him small traditional Vietnamese gifts.

Ms. Arnaud said she wants to send Yael to Vietnam so that he can have a better understanding of Vietnamese culture.

Paule Boury and his wife have adopted three Vietnamese children. He said he has known about Vietnam for a long time because both his and his wife's grandparents and father had lived there. He also said they had been to the country more than 18 years ago.

Their three children are now learning Vietnamese at the school and they have been members of the association for seven years.

They thanked Vietnam for their wonderful children and said they have committed to teach them never to forget their roots.

Le Vu, Chairman of the Vietnam-France Association, said in spite of financial and human resources difficulties the association is trying its best to let people know that there is a school in Paris that teaches Vietnamese as a main subject.

VOV

2014 - 27yo and above
Old 07-04-2012, 08:36 AM
Samster

When students are tired of getting good grades from teachers
================================================== ====================

VietNamNet Bridge – Ten is the highest level in the Vietnamese grade scale, which is given to excellent pieces of school works. However, students now have become tired of receiving 10 grades from teachers.

On the first days at schools, students all get excited when they receive 10 grades from teachers for their school works. Most of the students would show off the good marks to their parents, because these should be seen as an excellent learning achievement.

However, students later do not feel joyful when they get 10 marks any more. The problem is that they can get 10 marks for school works every day. And the 10 grade is given not only to a few students. Up to 2/3 of primary schools in big cities can get 10 marks every day.

Nowadays, when a parent asks his child about the learning records, the child would say: “of course I get 10”. Every student would feel ashamed if he cannot get 10 for the tests or exams.

In principle, 7 or 8 grade is given to the “good” works, and 5-6 marks mean the students are at “average” level. However, nowadays, 7 or 8 marks would not make students and their parents satisfactory, while 5-6 would be dishonorable for them.

The Ministry of Education and Training has many times called on to fight against the “achievement disease” in schools (students are appreciated higher than their actual ability). However, the problem has not been settled at all.

At schools, teachers like giving excellent marks to students to show that their students improve every day thanks to their teaching. Meanwhile, parents and students only accept 9 or 10 grades, because lower marks would be the “problems.”

Experts have warned that the achievement disease would make students delude themselves. When receiving 10 grades, they would think that the lessons are too easy for them, and they believe that they are very good already and no need to learn hard. Meanwhile, parents would also entertain illusions about their talented children.

Some parents have complained on education forums that their children get so many 10 marks that made them surprised. “I am not sure about the learning capability of my son. He gets 10 marks every day. However, a friend of mine said that every student can get 10 marks nowadays,” a woman complained.

The woman said she fears that one day, her child would get lower marks, and he would be “shocked” because of this and dares not go to school any longer.

She has every reason to worry about that. This happens that many students suffer from the crisis of conscience since they get bad marks from exams, while they always got good marks at the lessons in class.

Local newspapers have recently reported the cases of students, who decided to give up school because of the low learning results after the first semester. Other students reportedly tried to commit suicide because they felt ashamed with the unsatisfactory exam results.

In 2011, an excellent student in the central region killed himself after the university entrance exam, just because he did not do the exam questions well as expected. As he was a physics majoring student of a high school for the gifted, he vowed that he needs to obtain excellent marks from the exams, but this did not come true.

Minister of Education and Training Pham Vu Luan, said on the online dialogue organized by the government information portal on March 6, that it should be considered a normal thing if children get 6-7 or 3-4 marks. He admitted that his child at the school also sometimes gets 3-4 and he does not punish the child for this.

C. V

2014 - 27yo and above
Advert Space Available
Bypass censorship with https://1.1.1.1

Cloudflare 1.1.1.1