The Asian Commercial Sex Scene  

Go Back   The Asian Commercial Sex Scene > For stuff you can't discuss with your Facebook Account > Sexual Health Issues

Notices

Sexual Health Issues If you need medical advice regarding your sexual health, ask Dr Tan. We are honored to have an In House Doctor who is here to help.

User Tag List

Old 24-02-2003, 03:12 PM
Samster

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 24 / Power: 0
etnic deserves a Tiger! - He's a Good Guy
Quote:
Originally posted by Penn

no offence i hope...

None whatsoever. I very rarely take offence. On the other hand, hope you won't be pissed off seeing this message, thinking it's another useful update for this thread.
Old 25-02-2003, 11:04 PM
Samster

My Reputation: Points: 1270 / Power: 22
goodpartner has much to be proud ofgoodpartner has much to be proud ofgoodpartner has much to be proud ofgoodpartner has much to be proud ofgoodpartner has much to be proud ofgoodpartner has much to be proud ofgoodpartner has much to be proud ofgoodpartner has much to be proud ofgoodpartner has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally posted by beijingboy

Where did i get the info?
1)I research most of the info myself.

How come rapid test is not accepted in States?
2) Only one rapid test is approved in States and it only caters to HIV I. Yes, mainly due to patent issues and FDA is very slow in term of rapid test.

4) How long were you tested at?

I am tested 1 month after the condom broke and another 5++ months after the incident. Rapid test is more sensitive and it tends to be more pessismistic, it can misjudge negative cases to be positive. Rapid tests normally requires 28 days, much shorter than Western Bloc test which requires 3 months to be 99% sure

5) Why certain test requires 3 months and some others, 6 months.

3 months is for Western Bloc test and is 99% sure, take note, not 100% sure. If you want 100% sure, you still need around 6 months.

hmm... did some research too, and regarding the time laspe before test, i think there should not be any special reason why "rapid tests" only need 28 days vs other tests which needs 3 or 6mths.

my conclusion is that IF the test is about testing for antibodies (of hiv), then 95% of the people has to die-die wait at least 3mths for those test to be effective. for example, i know the DSC's 20min test is to test for antibodies (not the viral itself), therefore it's not any more 'advance' test compare to other methods that tests for the same antibodies too.

quoting from thebody.com....
Quote:
Seroconversion
This term refers to the time when the body begins producing antibodies to the virus. About 95% of the people infected with HIV will develop antibodies within three months after infection. Nearly all people will develop antibodies within six months after infection. Most people develop antibodies within three months and some can take up to six months. People who get tested need to wait at least three months for the test. If their first result is negative, they should come back for a second test three months later.
unless we're talking about other HIV test that looks for "viral loads" in the blood streams DURING the very early stage of infection perhaps a few days after suspected infection.... then perhaps these kind of tests do not need the time period for your body to develop antibodies....

so, in short, we need to wait 3mth to 6mth if going for the DSC's anonymous "rapid test" (for antibodies).

Last edited by goodpartner; 25-02-2003 at 11:08 PM.
Old 25-02-2003, 11:32 PM
Samster

My Reputation: Points: 16 / Power: 0
beijingboy deserves a Tiger! - He's a Good Guy
For the rapid test, it is called rapid mainly becoz it is supposed to give much shorter window period and it can be done without a lab. The manufacturer is willing to guarantee 99.9% after 28 days. The difference between rapid test and Western Bloc test is mainly rapid test is much more sensitive. It can cause quite a number of false positive. As for Western Bloc test, if you are tested positive, most likely you are positive. As for rapid test, you will test twice for rapid test and then subsequently take a Western Bloc test to conclude. You will only be positive if the Western Bloc test confirm so.

When you talk about viral load test, it is very misleading. Some of HIV +ve people has zero load, it is well documented in thebody.com. If you want to do more research, read the CDC report on the use of Determine in various African countries and their success rate.

Please understand that rapid tests are not available in US except one which only tests for one virus strain. This is mainly due to patent issues. So thebody.com doesn't have good documentation on the rapid test.

Hope it helps....i have scanned through most literature in thebody.com as well cdc.com and whatever that is available in the internet.

Last edited by beijingboy; 25-02-2003 at 11:35 PM.
Old 26-02-2003, 12:27 PM
Samster

My Reputation: Points: 1270 / Power: 22
goodpartner has much to be proud ofgoodpartner has much to be proud ofgoodpartner has much to be proud ofgoodpartner has much to be proud ofgoodpartner has much to be proud ofgoodpartner has much to be proud ofgoodpartner has much to be proud ofgoodpartner has much to be proud ofgoodpartner has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally posted by beijingboy
For the rapid test, it is called rapid mainly becoz it is supposed to give much shorter window ...
what does it really mean "give much shorter window"? if the human body takes 3 to 6mths to develop those antibodies, and the test is for the present of those antibodies, then it's logical to conclude that there's no such thing as shorter window [wait] right?

Quote:

When you talk about viral load test, it is very misleading. Some of HIV +ve people has zero load
okie okie...i should not simply yanked out the term "viral load" above; but my point is that the DSC's rapid test is to test for antibodies. Unless there are other tests which test for some other things like the virus itself during the very early stages of infection, then the window [wait] has to be 3mths or more right?

Quote:

Hope it helps....i have scanned through most literature in thebody.com as well cdc.com and whatever that is available in the internet.
yup, totally agree that from the sound of it, you've done much more homework than me. not competing here
Advert Space Available
Bypass censorship with https://1.1.1.1

Cloudflare 1.1.1.1