The Asian Commercial Sex Scene  

Go Back   The Asian Commercial Sex Scene > For stuff you can't discuss with your Facebook Account > Sexual Health Issues

Notices

Sexual Health Issues If you need medical advice regarding your sexual health, ask Dr Tan. We are honored to have an In House Doctor who is here to help.

User Tag List

Old 18-04-2007, 07:00 AM
Samster (M)

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: -68 / Power: 0
HCaddict has got little hope of coming out of this alive!
Re: HIV screening info

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackylee View Post
Hi..

But from dsc website.. it states closed on sat, sun and pub holiday..

http://dsc-sexualhealth.com.sg/tpl/howdogethelp.php
Yes, the clinic is closed during these days. Check on the other link I gave you on the anoynymous HIV testing. Here it goes again; http://www.afa.org.sg . Don't look at the DSC site anymore.
Old 18-04-2007, 06:54 PM
Samster

Quoted: 22 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 1014 / Power: 21
jackylee has much to be proud ofjackylee has much to be proud ofjackylee has much to be proud ofjackylee has much to be proud ofjackylee has much to be proud ofjackylee has much to be proud ofjackylee has much to be proud ofjackylee has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by HCaddict View Post
Yes, the clinic is closed during these days. Check on the other link I gave you on the anoynymous HIV testing. Here it goes again; http://www.afa.org.sg . Don't look at the DSC site anymore.
Thanks. Have asked AFA and i found out AFA uses DSC clinic on certain days certain hours to do the annoynomous HIV test.

I mixed up DSC and AFA..... now will find one saturday after my 3 months period which is drawing very near and go for a checkup.
Old 21-04-2007, 04:22 PM
Samster (M)

Quote:
Thanks. Have asked AFA and i found out AFA uses DSC clinic on certain days certain hours to do the annoynomous HIV test.

I mixed up DSC and AFA..... now will find one saturday after my 3 months period which is drawing very near and go for a checkup.
OK. Glad that you are clear now. All the best to your checkup. Remember to go early before they open. It will cut down your waiting time.
Old 22-04-2007, 12:14 AM
Samster

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 119 / Power: 19
playboy82 deserves two Tigers! - He's a Great Guyplayboy82 deserves two Tigers! - He's a Great Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by HCaddict View Post
OK. Glad that you are clear now. All the best to your checkup. Remember to go early before they open. It will cut down your waiting time.
I tell you, the waiting for 3 mths really can kill, btw is testing at the 6th week consider accurate? should be quite safe ord rite?
Old 22-04-2007, 01:57 AM
Samster

My Reputation: Points: 10 / Power: 0
bornfree deserves a Tiger! - He's a Good Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by playboy82 View Post
I tell you, the waiting for 3 mths really can kill, btw is testing at the 6th week consider accurate? should be quite safe ord rite?
dont worry so much... you are more or less consider safe. go for the test at the third month to comfirm again...
Old 22-04-2007, 01:02 PM
Samster

playboy82 deserves two Tigers! - He's a Great Guyplayboy82 deserves two Tigers! - He's a Great Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by bornfree View Post
dont worry so much... you are more or less consider safe. go for the test at the third month to comfirm again...
Tks, i heard most of the ppl develop antibodies by 30 days and the Elisa is also more sensitive, Then who are those ppl who develop antibodies at a later time, e.g after 30 days? Those Cancer patient, IV drug user, person whom jus after operation, whereby their immune system is not tat good?
Old 22-04-2007, 01:13 PM
Samster

My Reputation: Points: 1096 / Power: 20
AfA_hmor has much to be proud ofAfA_hmor has much to be proud ofAfA_hmor has much to be proud ofAfA_hmor has much to be proud ofAfA_hmor has much to be proud ofAfA_hmor has much to be proud ofAfA_hmor has much to be proud ofAfA_hmor has much to be proud of

antibodies develop at different rates, varies from person to person. some ppl get it after 30 days, some after 90 days. 3 months would give 99% accuracy, this is why HIV testing is done after 3 months to expsure. if doing the test now makes you feel better, you can go ahead. but remember that the results you get will not be entirely conclusive, you'll still have to come back after 3 months (after exposure) to confirm.
Old 22-04-2007, 03:45 PM
Samster

Quote:
Originally Posted by AfA_hmor View Post
antibodies develop at different rates, varies from person to person. some ppl get it after 30 days, some after 90 days. 3 months would give 99% accuracy, this is why HIV testing is done after 3 months to expsure. if doing the test now makes you feel better, you can go ahead. but remember that the results you get will not be entirely conclusive, you'll still have to come back after 3 months (after exposure) to confirm.
Then how come some states in the other countries like America use 6-8 weeks as window period? The angmo immue system and asian is different?
Old 22-04-2007, 04:35 PM
Samster (M)

Quote:
Originally Posted by playboy82 View Post
Yes. The waiting time for 3 mths really kill. I lost about 5kg during that period, everyday no appetite to eat. I try to divert my mind by concentrate more on my daily work.

I have been through this twice and I am not going to fool around for the 3rd time.

Don't worry too much. 6th week I believe there is quite high percentage of accuracy. If you think it will ease your mind a bit, just go for it. Wish you all the best for the result.
Old 25-04-2007, 10:02 PM
Samster

Quoted: 29 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 1696 / Power: 18
HIVsucks_XXX has a brilliant futureHIVsucks_XXX has a brilliant futureHIVsucks_XXX has a brilliant futureHIVsucks_XXX has a brilliant futureHIVsucks_XXX has a brilliant futureHIVsucks_XXX has a brilliant futureHIVsucks_XXX has a brilliant futureHIVsucks_XXX has a brilliant futureHIVsucks_XXX has a brilliant futureHIVsucks_XXX has a brilliant futureHIVsucks_XXX has a brilliant future

I really lost my mood these few days thinking about going for the HIV test, can't even function properly due to the stress.
Old 25-04-2007, 10:27 PM
Samster

jackylee has much to be proud ofjackylee has much to be proud ofjackylee has much to be proud ofjackylee has much to be proud ofjackylee has much to be proud ofjackylee has much to be proud ofjackylee has much to be proud ofjackylee has much to be proud of

Hi bros.. may i ask how do we test for herpes? Blood test?

I know HIV and Syphilis with blood test but what about herpes? Thanks.
Old 26-04-2007, 08:56 AM
Samster

My Reputation: Points: 726 / Power: 19
TLCsession is a splendid one to beholdTLCsession is a splendid one to beholdTLCsession is a splendid one to beholdTLCsession is a splendid one to beholdTLCsession is a splendid one to beholdTLCsession is a splendid one to beholdTLCsession is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Hi bros.. may i ask how do we test for herpes? Blood test?

I know HIV and Syphilis with blood test but what about herpes? Thanks.
Bro Jackylee,

Pls refer to my reply to you in the herpes thread.

http://forum.sammyboy.com/showpost.p...&postcount=180

Take care

TLCsession

Last edited by TLCsession; 26-04-2007 at 09:24 AM.
Old 26-04-2007, 07:29 PM
Samster

Quote:
Originally Posted by TLCsession View Post
Bro Jackylee,

Pls refer to my reply to you in the herpes thread.

http://forum.sammyboy.com/showpost.p...&postcount=180

Take care

TLCsession
thanks......................... seems like herpes very ma fan
Old 27-04-2007, 04:34 PM
Samster

See the link:http://www.idsociety.org/Template.cf...entDisplay.cfm

Why in the state use 4 - 6 weeks as window period while Singapore uses 12 weeks? The med technology in the state more advance? can detect earlier?
Old 27-04-2007, 06:45 PM
Samster

Btw bros... does polyclinic does these tests also? Are the method with DSC/AFA the same accuracy?

Cause might be thinking of polyclinic cuz AFA only does syphilis and hiv which the timing im ok but they doesnt do herpes etc...which dsc does but the timing crashes with my work time...so thinking can go poly clinic once.. draw big tube of blood and test everything?
Advert Space Available
Bypass censorship with https://1.1.1.1

Cloudflare 1.1.1.1