The Asian Commercial Sex Scene  

Go Back   The Asian Commercial Sex Scene > For stuff you can't discuss with your Facebook Account > The best of Thailand

Notices

The best of Thailand Serving your Thai Business & Holiday Needs. All Singaporeans in Thailand sign in to show your support and bring your Thai "friends" with you for stuff you can't discuss on Facebook! :)
ประเทศไทยต้อนรับคุณ!

User Tag List

Old 01-05-2010, 12:44 PM
Samster

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 15 / Power: 0
Willy_ deserves a Tiger! - He's a Good Guy
Re: thai baht rate update

Yesterday @ CK 23.35
Old 01-05-2010, 05:21 PM
Samster

My Reputation: Points: 137 / Power: 17
23delta deserves two Tigers! - He's a Great Guy23delta deserves two Tigers! - He's a Great Guy

Pearl Centre 23.43
Old 01-05-2010, 08:54 PM
Samster

My Reputation: Points: 1978 / Power: 20
yinyang has a brilliant futureyinyang has a brilliant futureyinyang has a brilliant futureyinyang has a brilliant futureyinyang has a brilliant futureyinyang has a brilliant futureyinyang has a brilliant futureyinyang has a brilliant futureyinyang has a brilliant futureyinyang has a brilliant futureyinyang has a brilliant future

You guys better off buying your bhts ex SG. Rates here hovering 23.175(UOB Thai shd be better, but not checked), way worse off home.
Old 02-05-2010, 04:39 PM
Samster

My Reputation: Points: 137 / Power: 17
23delta deserves two Tigers! - He's a Great Guy23delta deserves two Tigers! - He's a Great Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by yinyang View Post
You guys better off buying your bhts ex SG. Rates here hovering 23.175(UOB Thai shd be better, but not checked), way worse off home.
No offence but I do always hear people saying change the currency at that country is better than changing in SIN, be it Mayalsia, Thailand or China.
Old 02-05-2010, 06:05 PM
Samster

My Reputation: Points: 302 / Power: 19
Bushnell 1918cb is one of the Best!Bushnell 1918cb is one of the Best!Bushnell 1918cb is one of the Best!Bushnell 1918cb is one of the Best!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 23delta View Post
No offence but I do always hear people saying change the currency at that country is better than changing in SIN, be it Mayalsia, Thailand or China.
Hello,

Somehow your friend whom told you is right. However, for Thai Bahts, the exchange rate in SG will be better if you go to the right changer to do the transaction. This applies to both "Yuan" & "Ringgit' as well. IN Bkk, "SuperRich" offers the best rate, as mentioned in this thread before, but the minimum amount required is S$1000.
Old 02-05-2010, 09:40 PM
Samster

My Reputation: Points: 38 / Power: 0
monicalf deserves a Tiger! - He's a Good Guy

Bkk airport X change rate
SGD 1 to 23.1 Baht
Old 02-05-2010, 10:54 PM
Samster

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 17 / Power: 0
krazyMe deserves a Tiger! - He's a Good Guy

today changed some at GM 23.4
Old 03-05-2010, 01:58 AM
Samster

yinyang has a brilliant futureyinyang has a brilliant futureyinyang has a brilliant futureyinyang has a brilliant futureyinyang has a brilliant futureyinyang has a brilliant futureyinyang has a brilliant futureyinyang has a brilliant futureyinyang has a brilliant futureyinyang has a brilliant futureyinyang has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by 23delta
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bushnell 1918cb
for Thai Bahts, the exchange rate in SG will be better if you go to the right changer to do the transaction. This applies to both "Yuan" & "Ringgit' as well. IN Bkk, "SuperRich" offers the best rate, as mentioned in this thread before, but the minimum amount required is S$1000.
Bushnell's right, and daresay many bros here also note the more favourable thb rate SG (at right places like GM).

Like today, most places in bkk hovering close to 23.17 (saw some1 posted bkk airport 23.1?) -at purple SCB, green Kasikorn. Orange Thanachart at 23.22. UOB Thai always better at 23.30 (but few branches). Unless yours is big bucks, no point sweating over the diff vs convenience. And how many fortunate bros have got big 1k notes
(I haven't yet seen 1 meself)?

And I still stand by the known norm that departure place gets you better rates (not just restricted to ringgit or rmb but host of other currencies) -caveat here is that departure place like SG is without forex controls. Everybody knows that most airport places esp Changi is worse off (even teller smiles at my comment). But we all need some seed money for taxis and the like.
Old 05-05-2010, 06:01 PM
Samster

My Reputation: Points: 302 / Power: 19
Bushnell 1918cb is one of the Best!Bushnell 1918cb is one of the Best!Bushnell 1918cb is one of the Best!Bushnell 1918cb is one of the Best!

Quote:
Originally Posted by krazyMe View Post
today changed some at GM 23.4
Hi folks,

This evening rate @money changer situated in side CK department store, Smith St, is 23.20. Cheers.
Old 12-05-2010, 07:15 PM
Samster

My Reputation: Points: 41 / Power: 0
Hakuba deserves a Tiger! - He's a Good Guy

AMK Hub 22.90
Old 13-05-2010, 08:46 AM
Samster

Last night GM 23.15 (Bkk Forex, at corner facing main rd). So not go to inside big remittance shop somewhere at centre) which shows 23.15 for remittance but only gave 22.93. Good thing I walked a few metres out, and paid off!
Old 20-05-2010, 06:22 PM
Samster

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 296 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 9599 / Power: 24
Ecuader has a reputation beyond reputeEcuader has a reputation beyond reputeEcuader has a reputation beyond reputeEcuader has a reputation beyond reputeEcuader has a reputation beyond reputeEcuader has a reputation beyond reputeEcuader has a reputation beyond reputeEcuader has a reputation beyond reputeEcuader has a reputation beyond reputeEcuader has a reputation beyond reputeEcuader has a reputation beyond repute

dear bros, anyone can advise me on the place to change thai baht which offers the best rate?
cos my gal ask me to change at changi airport which i'm sceptical about.

Help will be greatly appreciated.

kindly advise.
Old 20-05-2010, 06:30 PM
Samster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ecuader View Post
..advise me on the place to change thai baht which offers the best rate? cos my gal ask me to change at changi airport which i'm sceptical about.
Never at changi (not just for thb, any forex). And if you scroll a bit in this thread, you'll find the places mentioned -like GM, Arcadia etc
Old 25-05-2010, 04:56 PM
Samster

Quoted: 19 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 1124 / Power: 17
BlueDragon193 has much to be proud ofBlueDragon193 has much to be proud ofBlueDragon193 has much to be proud ofBlueDragon193 has much to be proud ofBlueDragon193 has much to be proud ofBlueDragon193 has much to be proud ofBlueDragon193 has much to be proud ofBlueDragon193 has much to be proud ofBlueDragon193 has much to be proud of

UOB Thai this afternoon quote @ 22.58 bahts.

Any latest rates from GM or Chinatown.
Old 26-05-2010, 10:21 AM
Samster

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 5281 / Power: 18
kick_ass has a reputation beyond reputekick_ass has a reputation beyond reputekick_ass has a reputation beyond reputekick_ass has a reputation beyond reputekick_ass has a reputation beyond reputekick_ass has a reputation beyond reputekick_ass has a reputation beyond reputekick_ass has a reputation beyond reputekick_ass has a reputation beyond reputekick_ass has a reputation beyond reputekick_ass has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by yinyang View Post
Never at changi (not just for thb, any forex). And if you scroll a bit in this thread, you'll find the places mentioned -like GM, Arcadia etc
so far, i have always gone to raffles place "the Arcade" to do the exchange as they always seem to hv some form of promos. so do take note and walk ard the 2nd lvl and compare as they hv a few there.

the best "promo" time is if ur changing to baht, go during mon or tue, changing back to sing, go during thur & fri. tis is due to personal exp so not sure is it accurate always...

hope it helps

So.. why learn?
Advert Space Available
Bypass censorship with https://1.1.1.1

Cloudflare 1.1.1.1