Old 30-03-2010, 11:06 PM
Samster

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 6 / Power: 0
cleanfreak is Cool - loads of Potential
Pissed off by gf mum...

I am feeling quite sucky now and there's no other channel for me to vent my frustrations or someone to talk to. Thus here I am typing away.

Just a basic introduction about myself. I'm in my mid twenties, was a juvenile delinquent and quit school when I was in Secondary 3. Been on the wrong side of the law and wasted abit of time. Trying to pick myself up and work towards a better future now. I am not financially stable yet as I just started out as a real estate agent. I stay at my gf's house and pay her mum a sum of money as rent every month.

This month I only paid half the amount as I was really short of cash due to some commitments that had to be fulfilled. Few days ago, her mum reminded me that I had to pay the rent for the coming month in full and I told her to be rest assured that I will.

Now's the incident that left me fuming mad!

Yesterday, I came out of my room and wanted to take my shower in the bathroom in the kitchen. Her parents were in the living room and the conversation between her parents were:

(Translated to English)

Dad: What should a poor person do?

Mum: If a person is poor, then he shouldn't apply such a big house, just make do with a 3room flat.

(I've applied for a 4room flat together with my gf, not without the support of my family of course. I'm fortunate to have a family which can afford a comfortable lifestyle thus offering me financial assistance in times of need. Bros would be wondering why I dont seek help from home. Reason is I dont go home and ask for help unless it's a really big issue. Got to be independent right?)

It was obvious they were trying to be sarcastic. I was pissed off and angry but since I owe them the rent, there was nothing I could do than keep my mouth shut! I'm not earning big money and as such, there's nothing I can do to impress her parents. However, I will persevere and work diligently. I believe that even though I maybe not be able to earn big amounts of money, in 2 years time, I will be earning a decent amount of money which allows me to pay for my house, drive a car and be able to save some money after providing for my gf now (wife by then) and children if any.

Thanks for spending time going through my lamenting.
Happy bonking~