View Single Post
Old 21-04-2020, 11:54 PM
Samster

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 52 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 3889 / Power: 15
ilikeoldchangke has a reputation beyond reputeilikeoldchangke has a reputation beyond reputeilikeoldchangke has a reputation beyond reputeilikeoldchangke has a reputation beyond reputeilikeoldchangke has a reputation beyond reputeilikeoldchangke has a reputation beyond reputeilikeoldchangke has a reputation beyond reputeilikeoldchangke has a reputation beyond reputeilikeoldchangke has a reputation beyond reputeilikeoldchangke has a reputation beyond reputeilikeoldchangke has a reputation beyond repute
Re: The house in Bukit Timah

I closed my eyes and gestured for them to sing louder with my left hand while my right pointed the microphone into the centre of the party as if I’m really a rock star.

I ended my song with a bow and I was a little embarrassed by the applause.
I can’t imagine doing something like this without the 2 pints of beer I had earlier.

Declan pushed his way to the front of the crowd and I handed him the microphone.

He took and went over to the band and the keyboardist vacated his spot to help him with the microphone after laughing and nodding at something Declan said.

Seems like Declan wanted his share of fun as well.

Looking all chic and full of swag in his shirt and vest, Declan bit onto his cigar as his fingers danced on the keyboard, banging out ‘ Great balls of fire ‘ by Jerry Lee Lewis.

I walked passed Yiling who was dancing with Candy to the addictive tune Declan is hammering out on the keyboard while singing into the microphone.

She turned and looked at me before shouting above the din that I deserve a pay raise.

Yiling : increment !!.. increment for you Jackson… ahahh !!

I laughed as I walked to get myself another drink.

As the clock drew closer to 1am, the party mood slowly tapered off.
The music stopped and everyone settled into their own groups, snacking on left over food from the buffet line and refuelling with coffee and tea instead of alcohol.

Hong seemed to be the only one that is disappointed that the party is over.

3am

I finished up what’s left of a steam bun and drained a thick cup of coffee before getting into the line of cars that has formed up on the castle ground.
The 1st convoy of 4 cars is due to leave and I’m right up front with Henry and 3 Rajahs.

Looking at the back of the line, I was reminded of the times when I was in the army. So many activities going on at the same time in pitch darkness and yet everyone knew what they were doing.

I put my car into drive and the 1st packet of vehicles left the castle ground, some heading over to Tuas, some headed to Kallang.
We will all approach the site from different direction, having a few cars pulling into the area at the same time will attract too much attention.

We’ve even looked into the parking locations for the vehicles. Some are meant to be parked 1 street away before making their way on foot to the staging area.

3.30am

We arrived at the signage shop that was used to observe the men across the road for the past 2 weeks.

Henry has been trying to reached his men on the phone since we left the castle.

Henry : They better not be fucking sleeping…

Jackson : Relax… maybe they’re eating…. Or in the bathroom….

Henry : 2 men go bathroom together for fuck ?

I kept quiet after seeing how agitated he is.

Henry stopped trying after a while and when we pulled into the dedicated parking lot of the signage shop, I could see the door to the unit is partially opened.

It was a sickening feeling.

As if someone punched me in the gut after a heavy meal.

Henry : fuck !!... get out of the car … now…. !

Even before the engine was shut off, Henry and the Rajahs behind me, opened the door and got out, spreading to both sides of the door.

The noise of the my old car engine is practically an announcement to the whole world that someone is here.

If something did happen to the Rajahs on guard, the people responsible should come out soon.

If not, the Rajahs inside the shop should come out and receive us at the very least and face Henry’s wrath.

I looked around the deserted factory floor as I stepped out.

The other units on the same level is deserted and there are no signs of life aside from a few lit signages and a altar glowing red that is dedicated to the worship of a toast deity outside a car workshop.

I pulled my axe out from the side of my car seat and Henry was trying his luck on the phone again.

My headlights were off the moment I pulled into the industrial area, I gestured to Henry that I’m going to switch it on and flood the insides of the shop.

If hostiles rushed out, they would be blinded momentarily by it, and we can go in with our backs to the light.

I flicked the switched the as Henry swung the door opened.

He rushed in silently with the rest of the Rajahs and I quickly went into join them.

All of us stopped a few steps from the door at the sight of what greeted us.

The Rajahs on duty were dead. They were beaten up badly before their throats were slashed.

The other Rajahs checked the unit before telling Henry that it’s empty. Whoever did this is long gone.

Henry : aRHGHHH!!!

He kicked and toppled a table before his eyes drifted to the building across the road.

Henry ran out of the unit joined by his men.

Jackson : Henry !! !! WAIT !!.. wait for the rest !!!

I left my car running and took off after Henry and his men who were flying down the stairs.

Upon reaching the road level, another group of men from both Rajahs and La Bella Vita had just arrived on foot having parked one street away. Seeing Henry and me running towards the building in question, they too drew their weapons and joined us.

When I got to the security booth, my heart sank when I realised it was empty. Even the main sliding gate meant for cars is unlocked. There seemed to be no signs of activity and life in the building.

They’re gone.

Henry shouted to his men to split up and check every floor.

I followed the men up to the 2nd floor and we kicked opened every door.

There’s no one. All that remained were used beddings, bags of rubbish and some clothes that were left hanging on the makeshift clothesline.

The toilets were empty as well.

Someone shouted from the 4th floor and we hurried up.

Inside a storeroom tucked at the corner of the building were 8 bodies. The putrid smell hit me even before I got close.

Some of the men must have died and they dumped their bodies there.

Henry : arGHHH!!! FUCK!!! …. FUCK!! FUCK!!!

Both our phones started ringing.

Henry answered and I could hear him telling Rachel what happened.

Hong : Jackson …. The men are gone…

Jackson : Our side too… the Rajahs watching the factory are dead….

Hong : All 4 of our men are dead too over here in Tuas….

Jackson : you been inside the place.. ?

Hong : Yes, we’re here now… they cleared out…. Nothing’s left…. Except 1 dead Malu….

Jackson : fuck…. does Yiling know… ?

Hong : Declan is on the phone with her now….

I hung up and suddenly I could see Henry glaring at me. I could feel it even before he said what he wanted to say.

Henry : someone betrayed us…..

Jackson :what are you trying to say… our men died too !..

Henry : Someone betrayed us…. And I can tell you it’s not us Rajahs….

Jackson : Are you saying we tip them off ? …are you mad… ? I want them as much as you do !!

Henry took a deep breath and gave the order to his men to grab the bodies of their friends from the signage shop.

Henry : What little men…. We have left… will never betray us… the leak… comes from your side….

Jackson : where are you going !! ?

Henry paused before turning to look at me.

Henry : This is not going to work…. From now on…. You are on your own…. We will no longer share any of our information with you…. Just stay out of our way… we’ll get the Malus on our own….

Jackson : Henry,…. !!... HENRY !!! ARGHHH!! ..

I kicked the door of the storeroom in frustration and regretted my actions as the grotesque smell of rotting bodies hit me again.

Jackson : fuck !!

I asked the rest of Yiling’s men to head back to the castle. Before I left the compound, my phone rang and it was Yiling.

Yiling : I heard what happened…. Leave that place immediately…. Come back to the castle…

Jackson : Ok… THe Rajahs…. They…

Yiling : It’s ok… I know…Rachel threw a fit and left with her men as well…