View Single Post
Old 20-09-2019, 01:18 PM
Samster

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 266 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 1740 / Power: 12
nono1973 has a brilliant futurenono1973 has a brilliant futurenono1973 has a brilliant futurenono1973 has a brilliant futurenono1973 has a brilliant futurenono1973 has a brilliant futurenono1973 has a brilliant futurenono1973 has a brilliant futurenono1973 has a brilliant futurenono1973 has a brilliant futurenono1973 has a brilliant future
Re: Batam Info / Interest / Help Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hurricane88 View Post
Thank you to TS Nono for excellent info...reading the forum and takes notes make my trip successful...
Actually going to Batam is like going to Sentosa,hehehe...i look at the whole walkthrough of going to Sentosa, i dont see much difference,hehehe...of course, other than the girl-part and having to cope with the whole timezone. For bros who could hold a conversation in Malay, its truly a walk in the park.

And as for those who couldnt speak Malay when traveling in Batam, its also not that bad as most Indonesian could speak some broken Englsih, otherwise there is google translate. Up till today, i still have to rely on google translate to communicate with practically 80% of Indonesian if i needed something, eg ordering food, talking to receptionist (in MPs and Spas) whose English i couldnt understand etc.

Quote:
Friday 13/9 - took afternoon ferry and arrived buy sim card...go collect Sunday ferry return ticket... check in hotel Da Vienna...

Read bro Naka_Timo forum on Da Vienna hotel... packed during breakfast Sunday morning...
You are a breakfast person, have you tried the hotel breakfast? I rated it number 1 in Batam among all other Batam hotels (i counted in the per night stay's pricing, comfortability and convenience factors into my ratings) base mainly on their varieties, number 2 place goes to Formosa Hotel,hehehe...i like the bed-side lamp in Da Vienna hotel room too.

Very electrifying....hehehe...

What i do not like :

1. In House massage per hour too high

2. Massage special service, auntie type but want to charge high price (eg 800k rupiah hj)

3. No KTV with nice hostess (there is a small lounge there, 2nd floor i think)

4. When Permata closed down, no more booking joint nearby (within 5 in walk radius)

5. Room service/Technical support takes too long to come to my bed room (smoking room no ashtray, ask for 1, took more than 1 hour to send it to me)

6. It feels like a Sillypore hotel with too many Singaporean (90% are from Singapore)

Other than that, the bed is good, bed lamp is nice (innovative), room super solid for the price (talking about Junior suite and executive suite), 1 min walk to alfa mart, 2 mins walk to pharmacy (across the road), about 5 to 7 mins walk to Windsor, going to Tua Peh Kong to get lucky number around 10 mins, around 15 odd mins walk to BCS mall,Grand Batam Mall, New Spa, A2 food court, Aiko etc etc.

Pros and cons. Nothing is all good and no bad anywhere,hehehe...the most suitable for oneself is often the best,hehehe...next trip, you may wish to try the like of Zest Hotel (or other 2 star hotel, Da Vienna is 3 starred). So as to make comparison.

Quote:
Cewek arrived and fire one round and nap before dinner at Windsor foodcourt nearby...
Windsor Hotel is another scene not to be miss in Batam. Very Singapore during the 80s and early 90s. That kind of scene is no longer seen in Singapore today which is one reason why many love that food court. And i notice many other new food courts in Batam also follow these trend.

Quote:
Day 2
went for foot reflexology at BCS took 1 hour foot masage...
You should one day try Aiko (clean).

Quote:
Afternoon go to Fame spa...took 360k package...gal hard sell but not in mood to do any special...
If the Aiko girls try to upsell for special service, most of my friends will take it w/o hesitation,hehehe...

Quote:
Above field report just to share there is enough info to enjoy Batam wo asking questions...
Not wrong to ask question/s. But the point is, look through the thread a bit before doing so. Or the least, the 1st 3 pages of the thread AND the latest 10 to 20 pages. 90% time, answers and updates were already there.

I checked with the seniors, its really no fun to keep repeatedly answering the same questions over and over again once every other pages. Hehehe...any question/s that were left un-answered, i just take it as forum user/s bumping the thread.

Basic Batam Info in One Link

Avoid quoting the whole post if you are replying to me in the thread

信言不美,美言不信。
善者不辩,辩者不善。
知者不博,博者不知。
圣人不积,既以为人己愈有,既以与人己愈多。
天之道,利而不害。
圣人之道,为而不争。

My December 2019 Batam Trip Info