Thread: Betrayed
View Single Post
Old 28-11-2018, 02:13 AM
Samster

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 262 / Power: 18
ChokDeeDee! is one of the Best!ChokDeeDee! is one of the Best!ChokDeeDee! is one of the Best!
Re: Betrayed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indigoflashed View Post
...I became super paranoid, so much so that I would follow her just to see if she was lying to me. I checked her phone, something I never used to do before. When she learnt about these she changed her passwords, and stopped me basically from snooping on her privacy....

...I paid for her education, the car, the house, the renovation, most of our outings, and I never asked her to do a job against her wishes. She practically didn’t have to worry about anything financially....

...I want to believe her, but she is making it so difficult by constantly changing her passwords and denying me the chance to validate her words...
Based on what you've posted, you're a good guy making all the financial heavylifting in the family, nothing wrong with that. There has to be something else in the relationship pushing her over the edge, to jump into a relationship with another man. Hate to say this, but you've probably lost her for good.

Invading her privacy just makes matters worst. She is going to detest you more, regardless whether she is genuinely truthful or hiding something. You mentioned that you've changed, becoming more paranoid. That does you no good and neither does it for your future relationships. The relationship has already broken down, without trust and respect for each other. It might be possible to reconcile, but it'll never be the same. You might be better off leaving this relationship behind and moving on, to recover emotionally to who you really are.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indigoflashed View Post
To restore some faith in humanity, I think things are working out between the 2 of us. It almost feels like things were good again, albeit the occasional moments. It isn’t perfect, but I feel like I understand her better now and on a level which was deeper than before.

To all who are going through the same thing, hang in there! Internal peace is probably the hardest to obtain during this time, and I won’t say I have fully achieved it but I am happy to share my experiences with whoever wants it.

And to those who offered their listening ear to me, you know who you are. Thank you for aiding me through this.
Getting rid of the paranoid behavior is part of the process of finding inner peace, coming to terms with the situation. Its a tough journey, but I wish you the best.