View Single Post
Old 07-08-2018, 07:54 PM
Samster

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 266 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 1740 / Power: 12
nono1973 has a brilliant futurenono1973 has a brilliant futurenono1973 has a brilliant futurenono1973 has a brilliant futurenono1973 has a brilliant futurenono1973 has a brilliant futurenono1973 has a brilliant futurenono1973 has a brilliant futurenono1973 has a brilliant futurenono1973 has a brilliant futurenono1973 has a brilliant future
Re: Batam Info / Interest / Help Thread

Hehehe...my Batam day 1 combat ration...actually its just 70% of the stock displayed,hehehe...

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandknight View Post
There's the dowry element and the celebration (or pesta in the local language). Pesta from my understanding last I checked cost about sgd5k. Essentially that's the one where you invite friends and relatives over, kinda like your wedding banquet. But this is an optional thing to be honest. It's not a must in Indonesian culture and not necessary.
Thank you for your reply.

Hehehe...pesta is dowry,and dowry cost around S$5k,which is about 50 juta. I believe as you type this,the bro whom PM-ed me should be reading it. I think he might have got a rude shock with the around S$16k marriage expenses and the hurrying part of the parents to try to marry their daughter off to him.

Quote:
Dowry if I remember correctly is about idr5m. And negotiable. Hahah although they may request that you top up with a house for the girl. Since you are gonna marry the girl anyway, the house isn't a concern since you'll stay with her.
IDR5M is S$500?

Quote:
Perks of marrying a local girl and buying the house under her name is that you can get a landed property like the villa at woda villa for about sgd20k if the info I had was right. Actually, with sgd40k, u can even buy a land and build your own property. Property is under the girl's name, but I heard you can get a notary to ensure that the girl can't sell the land and property without your consent.
The Indo city the bro will be (or likely be) marrying the girl isnt in Batam tho. Not so sure about buying property and having a notary against the girl selling it off but well,i was looking at apartments in Batam.... (out of topic,hehehe...)

https://sbfsg.agency/showpost.php?p=17...ostcount=11191

...selling at about S$40k plus minus. (landed property actually isnt that expensive but i think it isnt eligible for foreigners),installment for a studio apartment is around S$680 a month (foreigner eligible). Not so expensive afterall for most Sillyporean tho,hehehe...thank you for sharing the good info.

*Actually i have seen in real life Indo girls selling away the house the guy bought and ran away with the money (written in the old Batam thread,where it happens in my ex work place's building cleaner).

Basic Batam Info in One Link

Avoid quoting the whole post if you are replying to me in the thread

信言不美,美言不信。
善者不辩,辩者不善。
知者不博,博者不知。
圣人不积,既以为人己愈有,既以与人己愈多。
天之道,利而不害。
圣人之道,为而不争。

My December 2019 Batam Trip Info