View Single Post
Old 28-07-2018, 07:25 AM
Samster

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 19 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 1959 / Power: 16
lost99 has a brilliant futurelost99 has a brilliant futurelost99 has a brilliant futurelost99 has a brilliant futurelost99 has a brilliant futurelost99 has a brilliant futurelost99 has a brilliant futurelost99 has a brilliant futurelost99 has a brilliant futurelost99 has a brilliant futurelost99 has a brilliant future
Re: Jakarta 2 {NEW} (old Jakarta Info thread closed)

Quote:
Originally Posted by felix148 View Post
Last week I was there and was slapped with 30% or 35% (forgot already) tax on top of my bill. First time experience tax there. ... Will not go there anymore unless the remove the tax.
The 30% charge is a tax+Service charge, and they've always had this for years as long as i can remember. All the high-end places (Malio, Alexis, Empo) have this charge as well (Even Classic although i think it is 10-20% i believe and built-in to the menu).

The confusion is sometimes places quote you the 'All-in' price with tax, and sometimes they quote you the 'nett' price before taxes and charges. I find that usually for the girls they quote you the 'all-in' price, and for drinks and other things they quote you the 'nett' price. I just wish they would pick one and stick with it to avoid confusion.