View Single Post
Old 14-04-2018, 11:54 PM
Samster (B)

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 433 / Power: 0
Beretta is a living Saint! - you won't find betterBeretta is a living Saint! - you won't find betterBeretta is a living Saint! - you won't find betterBeretta is a living Saint! - you won't find betterBeretta is a living Saint! - you won't find better
Re: All Thailand TCSS / Info / Gatherings / Help Thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by naemlo View Post
Since discussion about buying gold in Thailand.

Be very careful when buying gold in Thailand... I bought 2 gold rings in 1 of the famous gold shop with a lot of followers in FB. My gold rings came with yellow and rose gold but after a week, both rings, rose gold faded and became normal metal. I made a big hoo haa at the shop and the boss apologised, explained and agreed to replace both rings.

Another incident, I had my amulet castin gold casing. After yrs, I accidentally knocked hard on the amulet and a small piece of gold came out of the casing.... I could see black metal inside.... so this "gold casing" is so called gold plated but sold as full solid gold.
These are quite common especially among the older generation folks. My granduncle's goldsmith shop also buy old gold items to recycle the gold and on many occasions customers bring in fake or adulterated gold items which they had unknowingly bought as genuine.... some even have receipts and authentication certificates for these items.

And many family "heirloom" passed down for generations are often gold plated only or mixed with other metals.