View Single Post
Old 26-02-2017, 06:39 PM
Samster

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 3872 / Power: 14
skyleon has a reputation beyond reputeskyleon has a reputation beyond reputeskyleon has a reputation beyond reputeskyleon has a reputation beyond reputeskyleon has a reputation beyond reputeskyleon has a reputation beyond reputeskyleon has a reputation beyond reputeskyleon has a reputation beyond reputeskyleon has a reputation beyond reputeskyleon has a reputation beyond reputeskyleon has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Raise water prices by as much as 100% to reflect production cost: Economist

PUB: $1.1b profits last 7 years – how much since PUB was formed 53 years ago?

By Leong Sze Hian on February 25, 2017

With reference to my article “Water price: Have costs, but no revenue?” (Feb 24) – Terry Xu, the editor of The Online Citizen had talked to me about the Public Utilities Board’s (PUB) annual reports.

No mention of revenues and profits, only costs?

Since there was no mention of revenues or profits in the media reports in the Straits Times and Channel NewsAsia – here’s what I have been able to compute from the PUB’s annual reports available in its web site.

$166.8m profits in FY2015

The Net Income after Government Grants and after Contribution to GCF (Government Consolidated Fund) and Taxation (Profits) for FY2015 was $166.8 million – an increase of 77.3 per cent compared to say FY2010’s profit of $94.1 million.

Last 7 years’ profits – $1.1b?

The total profits in the last seven years (only seven years’ annual reports in the PUB’s web site) was $1.0909 billion.

How much profits in the last 53 years?

Since the PUB was formed in 1963 – how much profits has it made in the last 53 years?

If we include accumulated interest – how much would it be for the last 53 years?

Projected profits – $220m a year?

Since the increase in domestic water prices will be from 30 to 41 per cent – if we assume the overall increase to be say about 32 per cent – the projected profits may be about $220 million ($166.8 x 1.32) a year.

continue reading here : http://www.theonlinecitizen.com/2017...-53-years-ago/

Ignore list :

rocket_boy is a COWARD

rocket_boy is now Zapzaplah aka zaplamparlarzap

warboi

Craz78

Blacklist bros who I up but never return

Evetan86
sbftiankon
Wally888