Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: -1 / Power: 0
Tiger1 is under Moderation till he learns how to behave
Re: $1.50

Quote:
Originally Posted by naemlo View Post
Dun get angry, I am not saying u are but u sounded like 1 idiot in this thread. He couldn't define "walking distance" and he mentioned something like "JKT street is dangerous or problematic" I can't remember exactly
Yeah, I would say that's a fair characterization of Jakarta streets unless you're somewhere like Kuningan. You have to watch where you step since it's easy to fall into an open sewer or twist an ankle, there are low hanging awnings (not a problem for short men) that can take an eye out or leave you with a gash on your head, motorbikes who sometimes use the sidewalk to save time, plus sidewalks can be cluttered with motorbikes and cars which means it's easier to just walk on the street -- which is dangerous. Not to mention the pollution and heat makes walking uncomfortable.

So many transportation options in Jakarta there's no real reason to walk unless it's a short distance. Even then, takin an ojek and asking "pelan-pelan" is probably as safe (and quicker) than being a pedestrian.