View Single Post
Old 22-01-2017, 05:28 PM
Samster

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 205 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 1503 / Power: 9
TonyCheong2 has a brilliant futureTonyCheong2 has a brilliant futureTonyCheong2 has a brilliant futureTonyCheong2 has a brilliant futureTonyCheong2 has a brilliant futureTonyCheong2 has a brilliant futureTonyCheong2 has a brilliant futureTonyCheong2 has a brilliant futureTonyCheong2 has a brilliant futureTonyCheong2 has a brilliant futureTonyCheong2 has a brilliant future
Arrow Mong La/Panghsang Expedition

This is about as old west frontier as it gets but in the east.
Best part is working language is Chinese [Check], mobile signal is from China [Check] and currency of choice is RMB [Check]!
It should a piece of cake and plug and play for me.

Via Yangon/Mandalay, Myanmar
Too far away from the border towns of Mong La and Panghsang.

Via Yunnan, China
Too many unknowns via Yunnan, China borders as have to enter Shan State illegally via unofficial channels.
We are not PRCs so cannot take this risk in case get extorted by authorities.
I will follow if any commandos or special forces reece before and lead the charge.

Via Chiang Mai/Chiang Rai, Thailand
To get to all these dodgy cowboy towns such as Mong La and Panghsang the best and most cost effective way I think is to take an international flight to Chiang Mai or Chiang Rai.
Cross via Mae Sai/Tachilek land border and proceed via coach to Mong La or Panghsang.

I finally have an excuse to go Chiang Mai liao!
My last trip is in 2005!
Wow it has been 12 years since I stepped into Chiang Mai!
I feel so old 5555!

*Disclaimer: Some busybody and cocky people claim my info and opinion are misleading as out of touch with Thailand. Please use info at your own discretion.

Last edited by TonyCheong2; 22-01-2017 at 11:29 PM.