View Single Post
Old 24-11-2016, 03:48 PM
Samster

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 266 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 1740 / Power: 12
nono1973 has a brilliant futurenono1973 has a brilliant futurenono1973 has a brilliant futurenono1973 has a brilliant futurenono1973 has a brilliant futurenono1973 has a brilliant futurenono1973 has a brilliant futurenono1973 has a brilliant futurenono1973 has a brilliant futurenono1973 has a brilliant futurenono1973 has a brilliant future
Re: Batam Info / Interest / Help Thread

My 34th Batam Trip Summary
(on 3rd Nov to 6th Nov)

Reference to my 33rd Batam trip

The school holiday is just round the corner,so i thought i would just plan for my trip on the early Nov. Was keeping my finger cross before i reach Batam as i was sourcing for stuffs in my last and current trip. Anyway,the trip still turn out to be better than expected.

Weather was gloomy and it does looks like it was going to rain when i reach Harbour Front and upon reaching Harbour Bay,it rained. Not a heavy one,just plan drizzling. My friends and i then took our taxi to our hotel,we get our money changed opposite our hotel while the receptionist prepares our room keys. During payment (we have the habit paying 1st for our rooms),we realize that the hotel has increase their price for certain already renovated rooms.

The old price used to be 600k for suite room,460k for deluxe room. Weekend Friday and Saturday need to top up another 50k. The rooms that were renovated will cost another 30k rupiah more.

The new wall paper,the wooden flooring and the bath room are the things they did. Its a Thurday when we were there and one of my friend paid a nett price 490k x 2 nights = 980k for his deluxe room. They did not charge him the 50k weekend surcharge. Another of my friend paid 510k rupiah (460k for weekday) for deluxe room while i paid 460k x 3 nights = 1380k for the suite room. I had a good start,hehehe...seriously,i dont understand how they can do this kind of roti-prata pricing with my friends in presence. Therefore i conclude that any organization who gave me a good price may not be applicable for the friends i brought there.

Note : My friends also have some level of discount if you looked closely. It was mild tho but they should be paying another about 30k to 50k more respectively if the receptionist there were robots and start charging us everything normal.

Ok,i had a good start this trip. We checked into our room. Headed to Meximo Pub wan Tan me for late breakfast...

We still go for our usual noodle meal tho but tell ourselves that we will come back for the whats on the menu on the above photo at a later part of our trip. However there's one thing that goes a bit wrong here. Under a normal group trip,i will usually treat my friend for the island's 1st meal,but i was caught by surprise over my friend's speed of paying,hehehe... (thank you for the 1st meal,you know who you are)

Next is shopping time. We head to almost all the booking joint in Batam. Apparently it looks like most booking has no business,hehehe...there seems to be plenty of girls in nearly everyone of them EXCEPT my secret joints. I feel so sad...anyway,we had a bookmark in nearly all the joints we visited,had a good bargain and our girls were between 850k to 900k range,hehehe...none above a million rupiah.

Our shopping ends,we head for groceries...well...below were my combat ration sample for Day 1.

Please do not follow suit my ways of grocery-shopping,its not exactly right. I tip my booking girls in Batam way lesser than my grocery-shopping bill. Inclusive of "helmets",shampoo,shower cream,toothpaste,tooth brush and cigarettes,i burnt nearly 300k on those just on my 1st day. An army full pack full of stuffs,meaning the items i bought were able to fill up an entire army full pack (minus the clothings),hehehe...

There are still time,when we reach our room. So my friend asked for an in-room massage while i called for one from out of hotel to test my in-pocket massage shops that i carry along with me. Its like a fire alarm testing,i have to make sure it works. Otherwise if one day if "fire" broke out,i may shit all over,hehehe...kiasu ma. CNY 2017 preparation.

...continue to page 2...

Basic Batam Info in One Link

Avoid quoting the whole post if you are replying to me in the thread

信言不美,美言不信。
善者不辩,辩者不善。
知者不博,博者不知。
圣人不积,既以为人己愈有,既以与人己愈多。
天之道,利而不害。
圣人之道,为而不争。

My December 2019 Batam Trip Info