View Single Post
Old 05-03-2015, 02:52 PM
Samster

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 266 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 1740 / Power: 12
nono1973 has a brilliant futurenono1973 has a brilliant futurenono1973 has a brilliant futurenono1973 has a brilliant futurenono1973 has a brilliant futurenono1973 has a brilliant futurenono1973 has a brilliant futurenono1973 has a brilliant futurenono1973 has a brilliant futurenono1973 has a brilliant futurenono1973 has a brilliant future
Re: Batam Info Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by KohOnly21 View Post
I remember i asked before last year and it is for the free use of Spa and Sauna. Because of the price differ, i choose not to take up the membership even though i visited PAS more than 4 times that month
Thank you for sharing,bro. Good information and save me the trouble to go ask again,hehehe...

Quote:
Originally Posted by localbest View Post
1) Now there is free room wifi already. They will give you the userid and password upon check-in. We can see there are many routers or access point on the wall of the corridor probably to boost the signal to the room.

2) Now Formosa started to quote the room rate in rupiah instead of sing dollar, however if you wish to pay in sing dollar they will convert for you using their exchange rate. It was unlike last time which they will quote in sing dollar first.

3) The price of room service menu for ordering food are quoted in rupiah instead of sing dollar unlike last time. Probably there is a big drop of spore customers staying in Formosa leow.

4) The price of Alishan KTV has also increased :

Rental of KTV room small - 75000 rupiah per hour.
Cewek sits with you - 250000 rupiah per cewek.
Beer and food - charge separately
Booking cewek - 800000rupiah "sort" time(max 1hr) and 1.3 juta for overnight.

5) Massage charges to hotel room from Kings massage also went up.

1 hour - 100k, year before 90k, 2 years before 80k
1.5hour - 140k, year before 120k
2 hour - 180k, year before 150k

Now all massage cewek refuse to do handjob+ roaming at 150k, now requested at least 200k or above.
Another good piece of information. Thank you for sharing.

Look like Formosa is increasing price becos of their new crappy promotion with the silver,gold and VIP card package which is expensive if compare with Kaha Booking.

The last i try on CNY in Formosa to use the Wifi,no pw required,hehehe....but to be safe,better get the pw from reception counter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by localbest View Post
Telcomsel simpati prepaid simcard - 10k but only 3k value inside (expiry about 40days)

Telcomsel kartu es prepaid simcard - 10k but only 2k value inside

every top up will be charged an additional of 2k.

To call spore will need to dial 0101765 + telephone number
Yet another good piece of information today,my most sincere thanks to you.

I wonder which sim card brand will be good for surfing internet?

I rarely use Wifi in Formosa ,am asking out of curiosity. (i use wired LAN connection,hehehe...)

I am curious becos i dont understand bahasa indo language and its very difficult for those who uses indo sim to surf internet (or activate the internet connection on a sim),so it is always good to have a sim card standing by to be able to surf internet in case of emergency. This is something i would love to learn,especially their sim card internet charges.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiuminator View Post
The reason why formosa quoting rupiah is cos Indon govt want rupiah to be used in all transaction/ establishment. U can see the sign board at harbourbay jetty.
Goodway Hotel still using S$ for their room service menu (other things too). I dont know if they realise,it ticks many off (base on trip advisor) to see S$ in a hotel that is not in Sillypore. I guess given the Goodway staff's "Justice Bao" attitude who are reluctant to make effort to communicate with their guests,the management will never had a chance to know. So much unlike Formosa who make an effort to improve,eg. strengthening of room wifi strength,menu in rupiah,more friendlier and English speaking staffs etc etc.

Basic Batam Info in One Link

Avoid quoting the whole post if you are replying to me in the thread

信言不美,美言不信。
善者不辩,辩者不善。
知者不博,博者不知。
圣人不积,既以为人己愈有,既以与人己愈多。
天之道,利而不害。
圣人之道,为而不争。

My December 2019 Batam Trip Info