The Asian Commercial Sex Scene

The Asian Commercial Sex Scene (https://sbfsg.agency/index.php)
-   Adult Discussions about SEX (https://sbfsg.agency/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   OT: Hokkein as low class language? (https://sbfsg.agency/showthread.php?t=273296)

RealEstateGuy 06-03-2012 11:27 AM

OT: Hokkein as low class language?

http://forums.$$$$$$$$$$$$.com.sg/ea...g-3013567.html

HCKing 06-03-2012 12:06 PM

Re: OT: Hokkein as low class language?

u wanna learn high class hokkien? i teach u.:D

感你拿 ( Thank you for receiving )

Quick, go use it on all yr high class ppl nw.:p

CrisRonaldo7 06-03-2012 12:31 PM

In Singaporean society where proficiency in english is being seen as an indicator to the level of education and the socioeconomic status of the speaker, Hokkien maybe seen as inferior language. But I believe that in other asian countries such as China, or Taiwan, speaking Hokkien doesnt reveal whether the speaker is coming frm high class or low class background.

To say that, Hokkien is a low class language is definitely coming frm a narrow minded, bigotic point of view. Not surprising it is from someone who has sex with domestic helper regularly and also constantly promoting the morality in Singapore society, when he himself is a conflicted, paradoxical figure with no self identity whtsoever.

numb3ers 06-03-2012 12:57 PM

I felt hokkien very friendly, local feel?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b-S7S...e_gdata_player

sinner1234 06-03-2012 01:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RealEstateGuy (Post 6957498)

Dear Bro REG,

Hokkien as a language will never and should not be termed as L#% C#$%/ (i can't even bear to spell the words out in full to this sentence).

Hokkien speakers form the largest group of Chinese in Singapore, Indonesia, Malaysia.
Thus, you may have been exposed to those who used explicits in every sentence that they make and had been more or less "affected" "hooked" by it. ;p
I am exposed to such ppl everyday but i dn't see myself speaking that way.
It's more of "adjectives" to those hokkien speaking ppl.

Like your reference link, someone mentioned something like: "My grandmother speak hokkien in a normal conversational way....only my NS frds speak with the explicits".
Guess you had been in "bad company" if you find that what you hear n read is "low class".
Instead of going in circles saying "aiyah.. low class this low class tht".... maybe it's time you seek better company and indulge in much "higher class" lingo in your own definition"....

"Row row row your boat.. gently UP the stream.. merrily merrily merrily merrily life is but a dream". ;p

Well.. perhaps you have given yourself the excuse of "well... if you cant beat them.. join them.." thought after all :o

Gd day to ya.

Ichigo_Kurosaki 06-03-2012 01:57 PM

Quote:

Why we gave you PR status? :o
You are anti-racial harmony in our society? :(
Perhaps we should revoke your status, license and deport you back to your tropical forest! :D

Johnston 06-03-2012 02:14 PM

OMG LA BRATTAH!!!

bRaddah do you kow that in Fujian province and in Taiwan they speak Hookkien lah, brattah????

Braddah are you aware that chinese in all its forms is widely ridiculed even today in the western worlds? But never mind lah brattah, you stupid lah and got frog in the well thinking....

BRADDAH

LovePotion 06-03-2012 03:14 PM

Braaaaa dah... lol

cncs 06-03-2012 03:19 PM

A lot of big time towkays also speaks Hokkien and Drive big Luxury cars. So are they consider as low class??

alan0338 06-03-2012 03:38 PM

mai hiew lan zhee kor siao kia la ... yee bo jiak yeo, tao nao pai liao bo ho say ... :D

let him talk to himself .. :p

RealEstateGuy 06-03-2012 04:38 PM

Braddahs the title of my thread ended with ?. Braddah was not a statement but rather a question to advance a discussion. Braddah, having said that one can say the elite status Chinese languages are in fact Mandarin and Cantonese. Most others considered jibberish Braddah. Braddah try to go to Beijing or Hong Kong and speak Hokkein and see if you get any respect. Fark in some Chinese cities (Tier 1 and Tier 2) you might even get your ass kicked.

sinner1234 06-03-2012 04:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RealEstateGuy (Post 6958692)
Braddahs the title of my thread ended with ?. Braddah was not a statement but rather a question to advance a discussion. Braddah, having said that one can say the elite status Chinese languages are in fact Mandarin and Cantonese. Most others considered jibberish Braddah. Braddah try to go to Beijing or Hong Kong and speak Hokkein and see if you get any respect. Fark in some Chinese cities (Tier 1 and Tier 2) you might even get your ass kicked.

Dear Bro REG,

Allow "xiao di wo" aka "small bro me" to enage you in the discussion then.;p

When you post a Q, should you also explain to ppl where you are coming from?
Why do you want to ask this Q also?

If you think it's low class, may i kindly ask wht is your reason in saying such?

Thanks. :)

Note: If Bro REG does not reply to any Q of mine, it means you do not have any intention for discussion. You are just welll.. plain to see.... asking for "trouble" ;p

HCKing 06-03-2012 08:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sinner1234 (Post 6958712)
[COLOR="Blue"]Note: If Bro REG does not reply to any Q of mine, it means you do not have any intention for discussion. You are just welll.. plain to see.... asking for "trouble" ;p

he gotta 1st reply bro Apocalpyse's Q, which may require him another few centuries...:p

http://www.sammyboyforum.com/showthr...97#post6950697

ahkang 06-03-2012 09:04 PM

If you go to Taiwan and see, their variety and dramas all in Hokkein.

Apocalypse 06-03-2012 09:05 PM

Quote:

Can I check with you, what language did force 136 and the british commanders used for Malaya and Singapore? :D