PDA

View Full Version : oral quick

nightmove77
28-10-2008, 04:44 AM
hi to bros out there.
i've come across this oral quick test while surfing the net.
tried searching for more info here but couldn't find any .

what's the difference between oral quick test from the regular blood test?
like:
price?

accuracy?

does the same 3 month exposure period applies for 100 percent accuracy?

sorry if this question has been ask.

hopr to get moreinfo about it.

thanks.

wtfuad
04-11-2008, 10:27 PM
Yo bro.

that's a very interesting topic as i went for one hiv test using oral quick myself.

oral quick uses oral fluid from your gums to test for hiv virus. was told by the GP who attended to me that it's quite effective too, of cos not as effective as blood test la.

cos i went to see a GP to test, i dun reallie know what's the price difference.

but the farnie thing was, when i saw the GP, he asked if i have protected sex. i said yes. and guess wad, he asked me why i go for test. i nearli fainted. haha

was told by the doctor the result is about the same. so no worries, unless u realli wan to make sure 100%, den go for blood test. which i will be cos the last time i went was 2 mths after exposure and the doctor told me i am 95-99% cleared. am not leaving it to chance man. take care.

wtfuad
04-11-2008, 11:20 PM
I just found out some info on Oraquick based on the below website address:

Welcome to Rockeby (http://rockeby.com/products_OraQuick.html)

but mabe, i think u are more interested in below:

Based on a U.S. study, sensitivity is 99.3% and specificity is 99.8% using oral fluid; and sensitivity is 99.6% and specificity is 100% using whole blood.

powersonic2000
06-11-2008, 12:03 AM
Rapid HIV Oral or Rapid HIV blood test no different. It is looking for HIV Antibodies. Oral of course is more expensive don't need to poke you. If you do it in DSC for oral is about $20.00 and rapid HIV Blood Test is about $15. Most GP offer Rapid Oral is about $50.00 but for the non rapid type GP is about $20 around 2-3 days to know the result. DSC non rapid HIV Blood test is about $10 around 5 days. It takes time for HIV antibodies to build up till detectable level so MOH Standard for HIV Test is 1 month after exposure and conclusive test at 3 month. However, you can cut cost by doing it at 3 month.