PDA

View Full Version : How u spend ur CPF withdrawal at and after 55.

singleman
25-03-2022, 11:06 PM
when at 55, after u withdraw ur CPF money, how to spend it? assume after set aside the FRS, still able to withdraw some amount of money (at least 5000).

i am 55 this year july. if our garment dun change rule, i will be able to get a sum of money after set aside the FRS (full retirement sum).

thor1981
25-03-2022, 11:35 PM
when at 55, after u withdraw ur CPF money, how to spend it? assume after set aside the FRS, still able to withdraw some amount of money (at least 5000).

i am 55 this year july. if our garment dun change rule, i will be able to get a sum of money after set aside the FRS (full retirement sum).

great thread bro. i am not far away, i'd like to hear form other bros. also how to most easily withdraw max amount

singleman
25-03-2022, 11:49 PM
great thread bro. i am not far away, i'd like to hear form other bros. also how to most easily withdraw max amount

u mean u wan to withdraw as much as possible?

current cpf rule is at 55 u need to set aside the FRS amount. then wadever remaining amount u can withdraw in full or in partial.

for example for 2022, the FRS is 192k. after set aside 192k, let say ur remaining amt left in ur cpf after the 192k, is 50k, then u can choose to withdraw the full amount of 50k at 55 or u can choose to withdraw partial, for example 20k at 55, then the remaining 30k u can withdraw at any time in full or in partial after 55.

If u have an HDB flat which the remaining lease enable u to live in the house till u r 95 years old, then u can use this house as a pledge and withdraw 1/2 of ur FRS which is 96k. the 96k in this case is called the BRS (basic retirement sum). i.e. FRS = 2 x BRS or BRS = 1/2 x FRS. in this case, the max amount can withdraw is 50k + 96k = 144k.

but for the 96k, think u need to apply for it, is not automatically u can withdraw the 96k by default, but the 50k u no need to apply, can withdraw at 55.

thor1981
26-03-2022, 12:44 AM
u mean u wan to withdraw as much as possible?

current cpf rule is at 55 u need to set aside the FRS amount. then wadever remaining amount u can withdraw in full or in partial.

for example for 2022, the FRS is 192k. after set aside 192k, let say ur remaining amt left in ur cpf after the 192k, is 50k, then u can choose to withdraw the full amount of 50k at 55 or u can choose to withdraw partial, for example 20k at 55, then the remaining 30k u can withdraw at any time in full or in partial after 55.

If u have an HDB flat which the remaining lease enable u to live in the house till u r 95 years old, then u can use this house as a pledge and withdraw 1/2 of ur FRS which is 96k. the 96k in this case is called the BRS (basic retirement sum). i.e. FRS = 2 x BRS or BRS = 1/2 x FRS. in this case, the max amount can withdraw is 50k + 96k = 144k.

but for the 96k, think u need to apply for it, is not automatically u can withdraw the 96k by default, but the 50k u no need to apply, can withdraw at 55.

bro thanks for the overview. up you.

loneyheart
26-03-2022, 02:37 AM
If u have nothing in mind to spend pls don't withdrawal all or big amount
Leave it like saving ac when u need like 5k 10k just anytime u want but take 1 or 2 days
Interest rate much more higher then park in the bank :)

jonn88
26-03-2022, 06:41 AM
Leave them in cpf and earn interests. Withdraw the interests every year to fund your FL and massage activities.

candle2000
26-03-2022, 07:31 AM
Hey fucktard, unless you are taking out your CPF to spend in Geylang fucking pros, you are in the wrong forum.

Many brothers here are not well-to-do.

CPF withdrawal rules are not easy for some of us to understand.

Some brothers looking forward to their first withdrawal to enjoy a little honey. As it goes that "No Money No Honey".

I seek your patience and don't use the "whip at the first instance" :cool:

pinkmario
26-03-2022, 09:22 AM
Anyway safeguard your money, don't fall prey into prc lady sweet talk. I have seen many young prc lady with local grey hair man

thor1981
26-03-2022, 09:40 AM
Its not a great thread moron. This IS a forum called Adult DIscussions abotu Sex. What has this shit got anything to do about sex?

extra cpf $ after family obligation and work life finish = higher quality pussy for some bros than available during wrk life.

is worth listening to the types of pussy one's retirement cash is spent upon, including breakdown of ML, ML, SB versus OA, SA, MA.

thor1981
26-03-2022, 09:41 AM
extra cpf $ after family obligation and work life finish = higher quality pussy for some bros than available during wrk life.

is worth listening to the types of pussy one's retirement cash is spent upon, including breakdown of ML, ML, SB versus OA, SA, MA.

ML, FB, SA accts.

PRC, HKG, HCMC acct .. etc.

thor1981
26-03-2022, 09:42 AM
Leave them in cpf and earn interests. Withdraw the interests every year to fund your FL and massage activities.

good advice. up u bro.

jacky43
26-03-2022, 09:58 AM
For man 2 options. Of course there are others.

1 Spend $ on keeping mistress. I talking of Russian and Ukraine women this 10 yrs.

2 Save it up in case got hit by serious illness. Eg Kidney failure.

Forgive me. I coded from the most powerful man 10 yrs ago. I recall his first yr as the most powerful man in this red dot.

In Spore u fall sick, without savings. Better to die then seek treatments.

unsung80
26-03-2022, 11:11 AM
KNN this type of thread and still got people answer your stupid question directly. :mad:

candle2000
26-03-2022, 11:12 AM
didn’t take long for our town sheriff to run his mouth around these parts.

well the floor is yours..
after all this is the only way for you to achieve your 15 minutes of fame!

Angmolover

:D

I like your chivalry :)

Upped you +11

singleman
26-03-2022, 11:49 AM
maybe some info for some understanding.

Before 55, we have 3 accounts
OA (ordinary acc) = $A
SA (special acc) = $B
MA (medisave acc) - this money in this acc is forever we cannot take out, till one day mati, then the money will go to ur beneficiary.

For 2022,
BRS (basic retirement sum) = $96000
FRS (full retirement sum) = BRS x 2 = $19200 (this is the amount we must set aside)
ERS (enhanced retirement sum) = BRS x 3 (this one i won't mention here)

At 55, CPF create another acc RA (retirement acc), so now we have 4 acc

scenario 1:
total amount in ur OA+SA is less than $5k, u can withdraw all the money in ur OA+SA
- withdrawal amount = $A + $B
- RA = $0
- OA = $0
- SA = $0

scenario 2:
amount in ur OA+SA is more than $5k but less than FRS, u can withdraw $5k and the remaining amount all goes to ur RA acc
- withdrawal amount = $5k
- RA = $A+$B - $5k
- OA = $0
- SA = $0

scenario 3:
amount in ur OA+SA is more than FRS,
- withdrawal amount = $A + $B - $192k
- RA = $192k
- OA = $0
- SA = $0

scenario 4:
amount in ur OA+SA is more than FRS and u have a HDB house to pledge
- withdrawal amount 1 = $A + $B - $192k
- withdrawal amount 2 = $192k / 2 = $96k
- total withdrawal amount = ($A + $B - $192k) + $96k = $A + $B - $96k
- RA = $96k
- OA = $0
- SA = $0

if u continue work, ur CPF contribution will continue goes to ur OA n SA acc.

let me explain on using the house as a pledge.
scenario 1
remaining lease = 50 yrs
now ur age = 55 yrs
to live in ur current house till u r 99yrs old, u have another 44 yrs to stay in ur hse
so remaining lease (50 yrs) > 44 yrs -> u can use ur hse to pledge

scenario 2
remaining lease = 40 yrs
now ur age = 55 yrs
to live in ur current house till u r 99yrs old, u have another 44 yrs to stay in ur hse
so remaining lease (40 yrs) < 44 yrs -> u cannot use ur hse to pledge

there is a mistake in my first post, it should be 99 yrs old instead of 95 yrs old.

i bring up this topic about CPF withdrawal is to share to bro on how they can know how much they can withdraw and maybe they can plan on how to use their withdrawal amount in the area of chionging. so maybe this somehow "related" to this forum.

DJPY
26-03-2022, 01:19 PM
Depends on how comfortable u are financially and how u plan it, still working at 55 or not. I am 51, 55 is not far away, but if I am still working, then just leave the money inside for higher interest. My fiat is fully paid, and currently still have more than the FRS in OA & SA.

At 55, i should still be working and contributing, so will not withdraw any funds. Until I retire, which can be 62 or 65 and have no more income coming in, I will start off with withdrawing from my SRS, supplemented by cash, and at 70, start my CPF Life withdrawals. Back up funds which I may or may not need are the 3-4 life policies I bought 20+ years ago, which should provide another 200+k.

Most important is stay healthy… one major illness can set u back quite a bit. Unless really necessary, try to go B or C class for max subsidies.

singleman
26-03-2022, 01:23 PM
Hey moron, you still posting about your stupid CPF in a sex forum. LOL.

bro, relax lah. why u r "angry" about these post leh? if u think the post is not related to sex forum, u can dun come in to read mah. why come in to read n make urself "angry". u can call me anything lah so long u feel happy is ok, it won't affect me in anyway. ok relax relax bro. :D

singleman
26-03-2022, 01:30 PM
Depends on how comfortable u are financially and how u plan it, still working at 55 or not. I am 51, 55 is not far away, but if I am still working, then just leave the money inside for higher interest. My fiat is fully paid, and currently still have more than the FRS in OA & SA.

At 55, i should still be working and contributing, so will not withdraw any funds. Until I retire, which can be 62 or 65 and have no more income coming in, I will start off with withdrawing from my SRS, supplemented by cash, and at 70, start my CPF Life withdrawals. Back up funds which I may or may not need are the 3-4 life policies I bought 20+ years ago, which should provide another 200+k.

Most important is stay healthy… one major illness can set u back quite a bit. Unless really necessary, try to go B or C class for max subsidies.

hi bro, for me i am 55 this year. i recently bought a new 3-room flat n fully paid using the CPF. i also have met the FRS condition. this year July i will be 55 n hence can withdraw some amount. i am thinking how much to withdraw. i dun have any policies. so all my remaining lives will depend on this CPF money. I am currently still working n have cpf contribution.

candle2000
26-03-2022, 02:38 PM
The brothers come here looking for Adult discussion about Sex. If you don't believe that, then look at THE TITLE of this forum. Not about CPF. The Brothers here are horny and looking to fuck girls. That is why they come here. Which part of this are you confused with? If you are looking for advise on CPF there are many investment and financial forums with experts in there that can give you CPF advise. I am not using the whip at the first instance. I am appealing to your intelligence. DO you have any?

For the above post replying to my earlier post, I must said I accepted what you had written. There was no "crude or unpleasant" word.

Well done ! :)

Brothers here including myself , we sometimes go "Off-Topic".

BirdIsStrong
26-03-2022, 02:48 PM
Bro,

Save inside your CPF account to earn interest

DJPY
26-03-2022, 02:52 PM
hi bro, for me i am 55 this year. i recently bought a new 3-room flat n fully paid using the CPF. i also have met the FRS condition. this year July i will be 55 n hence can withdraw some amount. i am thinking how much to withdraw. i dun have any policies. so all my remaining lives will depend on this CPF money. I am currently still working n have cpf contribution.

IMO if I dun need the money short term, since still working and contributing, just leave it to earn interest this July, unless you have better plans for it like a good investment or a major purchase. Since your whole remaining life depends on this CPF you should make it last as long as possible. If you are single and no plans to leave anything behind, you can opt for 2 room flexi flat when u older like 65 and free up more funds from your 3rm flat. When u die before 95, remaining lease goes to loved ones, if live beyond 95, can stay until up lorry.

That being said, if possible try to save up some cash to supplement your retirement. Also don’t really retire full time, try to stay active with a simple part time job. I have seen many old folks dunno what to do after retire…sit at home watch tv until body and mind start to rot. My dad was one like this…retired at 55… did not stay active, first stroke hit at 58, 2nd stroke 61, paralysed for few years then up lorry at 66. Not a good way to live out your remaining life.

engine
26-03-2022, 05:55 PM
1)Do up a bucket list
2) See what is within budget or do-able (maybe 1/2 to spend 1/2 to save further)
3) I'm sure if you are writing in this forum one of your bucket list involves some sex , mistress , FL, ML etc
4) Plan the execution of the above 3 points :)

candle2000
26-03-2022, 06:05 PM
1)Do up a bucket list
2) See what is within budget or do-able (maybe 1/2 to spend 1/2 to save further)
3) I'm sure if you are writing in this forum one of your bucket list involves some sex , mistress , FL, ML etc

Yes, yes, yes..................Sex sex sex is definitely in the bucket list :D

candle2000
26-03-2022, 06:08 PM
1)Do up a bucket list

Up you +11 points for so kindly reminding myself that "Sex sex sex must be one of my bucket list :)

No need to return points :D

coldmine91
27-03-2022, 02:24 AM
bro, relax lah. why u r "angry" about these post leh? if u think the post is not related to sex forum, u can dun come in to read mah. why come in to read n make urself "angry". u can call me anything lah so long u feel happy is ok, it won't affect me in anyway. ok relax relax bro. :D

Cool reply bro :)

donut88
27-03-2022, 01:13 PM
Though this is sex forum, it doesn't hurt to care for each other and talk about our future and finances.

Money is the basic of everything else. If no money, how to enjoy sex ? It make sense right? We can talk alot of women, ML, mistress, FB, FWB, threesome, foursome, tensome. BUT if no money, how to enjoy all these?

Whatever u call it, we still need some money to enjoy our fetishism. May not need alot of money but still some money

Be friendly to each other and listen to one another.

Financial planning is very important whether u r homeless or living in GCB.

It affects everyone.

So yeah, CPF is something everyone has and we all got some money parked inside it. How to use and when to use is important because it will affect on how we enjoy our life

Now, my personal take is no matter how much u can withdraw from CPF at 55, my advise is always have adequate medical insurance for yourself. Make sure your medical insurance covers all angles and all situations.

Medical insurance is the most impt factor if we wan to enjoy life and sexual needs. We can F in peace

Lucifer666
27-03-2022, 03:02 PM

I am 3 years away…. Seriously I didn’t think about this question… 🤔

UncleHasBeen
27-03-2022, 03:37 PM
https://i.imgur.com/E1y6nMd.gif

I will be brutally honest here.
I have been reading these pages and i still dont get to see the meat yet.
I am a realist.

On how to spend the CPF money part, saw it read it, not ground breaking.

The meat, c'mon the meat.
If u guys have derailed the discussion or it is uncouth or rude to bring this out outright or it is beneath u, then let me do it.

With the CPF money withdrawn partial and monthly.
1. Where to look for short term pussies?
2. Where to look for long term pussies?
3. Where and how to keep pussies worth keeping?
4. Plans for a much younger soul mate?
5. Plans for a long term partner?
6. Wife?

Are these the meat that we would be eventually discussing?
If not, then please accept my apologies for my unwelcome participation and brute manners :D

No hard feelings, gladly take my leave from here.

sammyboyfor
27-03-2022, 03:47 PM
Its not an apparent lack of intellect on your part. Its an actual lack of intellect. U are the kind of moron who will enter a hawker centre and go to the Nasi Lemak stall to order Char Kway Teow. And then when you are told its not the right place for it, and that you should go to another stall, you still want to argue why they cannot make you char kway teow right there and then. This is exactly what is occurring in this forum.

Sex and money are always linked so CPF $ can most certainly lead to spending a portion on sex and hence it becomes a sex discussion. :D

You need to attend a course in lateral thinking. :p

singleman
27-03-2022, 03:53 PM
actually my intention for this thread is that once u get the money from CPF. how u going to spend. when i post this qns in this forum my intention is of course how we can spend our money in the area of choinging, fucking, sexing, etc wadever we call it.

of course in the discussion, we turn to topic on cpf, like how much we can get, how to save our cpf money, etc. that maybe not directly sex related. but when come to a post, everyone has their right to post what they feel right to post, but it could become other may feel is not right to post. so who is right, who is wrong? no answer to that.

is like when a guy see a girl, he feel the girl is pretty, but another guy may feel the girl is not so pretty, or another guy may feel the girl is ugly. the same girl view by 3 different guys have 3 different views. so is the girl consider pretty, not so pretty or is ugly? maybe the girl dun bother wad the 3 guy views.

candle2000
27-03-2022, 05:13 PM
https://i.imgur.com/E1y6nMd.gif

I will be brutally honest here.
I have been reading these pages and i still dont get to see the meat yet.
I am a realist.

On how to spend the CPF money part, saw it read it, not ground breaking.

The meat, c'mon the meat.
If u guys have derailed the discussion or it is uncouth or rude to bring this out outright or it is beneath u, then let me do it.

With the CPF money withdrawn partial and monthly.
1. Where to look for short term pussies?
2. Where to look for long term pussies?
3. Where and how to keep pussies worth keeping?
4. Plans for a much younger soul mate?
5. Plans for a long term partner?
6. Wife?

Are these the meat that we would be eventually discussing?
If not, then please accept my apologies for my unwelcome participation and brute manners :D

No hard feelings, gladly take my leave from here.

This is the type of post we want to read - realistic, frank and etc.

No calling of names needed :)

candle2000
27-03-2022, 05:30 PM
actually my intention for this thread is that once u get the money from CPF. how u going to spend. when i post this qns in this forum my intention is of course how we can spend our money in the area of choinging, fucking, sexing, etc wadever we call it.

of course in the discussion, we turn to topic on cpf, like how much we can get, how to save our cpf money, etc. that maybe not directly sex related. but when come to a post, everyone has their right to post what they feel right to post, but it could become other may feel is not right to post. so who is right, who is wrong? no answer to that.

is like when a guy see a girl, he feel the girl is pretty, but another guy may feel the girl is not so pretty, or another guy may feel the girl is ugly. the same girl view by 3 different guys have 3 different views. so is the girl consider pretty, not so pretty or is ugly? maybe the girl dun bother wad the 3 guy views.

Thanks for starting the thread about :CPF Withdrawal At And After 55

In the Sex Forum, C P F means Cocks Pussies Fund, means a lot for many to have a little honey or extra honey on or after 55 years old :)

(Upped you +11 for the post, no need to return)

blurblur2032
28-03-2022, 10:34 AM
Thks for the information now I know I can get some money on 55. Then must plan to get some Menplus n join the VPremium with all the young young. :D

Ray06
28-03-2022, 10:46 AM

Keep the interest in your CPF to earn more interest.
Unless your can find a Bank with more than 2.5% interest (OA) and 4% (SA).

Use cash to fund your FL and Massage activities:p

HonkyTonkyMan
28-03-2022, 11:06 AM

if you used cpf for housing loan and hdb already fully paid, then clear off the loan cos if not it will forever be incurring interest which in theory you are paying yourselves rather then gov pay you...you can checked on how much you need to repay total with accrued interest, then take out what you are allowed to withdraw from OA and pay off via voluntary housing refund scheme...money will still goes back into OA but it will help to run down the total you need to repay back...i did this a few times over a few weeks and cleared off my loan...now my OA is truly earning interest from gov...

Ray06
28-03-2022, 12:14 PM
if you used cpf for housing loan and hdb already fully paid, then clear off the loan cos if not it will forever be incurring interest which in theory you are paying yourselves rather then gov pay you...you can checked on how much you need to repay total with accrued interest, then take out what you are allowed to withdraw from OA and pay off via voluntary housing refund scheme...money will still goes back into OA but it will help to run down the total you need to repay back...i did this a few times over a few weeks and cleared off my loan...now my OA is truly earning interest from gov...

My understanding is that this accrued interest will not affect your future withdrawal, which mean you can still withdraw all cash from your OA.
Can the OA interest be increased by doing what you have done?

HonkyTonkyMan
28-03-2022, 12:58 PM
My understanding is that this accrued interest will not affect your future withdrawal, which mean you can still withdraw all cash from your OA.
Can the OA interest be increased by doing what you have done?

it won't affect but the accrued interest for your housing will just keep growing, so if in the event you decide to sell off your hdb, the base amount you have used to buy your hdb and the accrued interest will need to be returned to cpf. so when you look at it from a finance point of view, it like you paying yourselves interest on your own money, whereas you should actually let the gov pay you..for those who finance their housing with cpf needs to understand, doesn't mean paying off your housing loan, interest charges will stop, it will just keep growing...so if you can pay it off, that when your cpf is really generating interest from the gov..

LeaveTea
28-03-2022, 03:53 PM
Its not an apparent lack of intellect on your part. Its an actual lack of intellect. U are the kind of moron who will enter a hawker centre and go to the Nasi Lemak stall to order Char Kway Teow. And then when you are told its not the right place for it, and that you should go to another stall, you still want to argue why they cannot make you char kway teow right there and then. This is exactly what is occurring in this forum.

Then you go to a Mee Siam stall and order Mee Siam mai hum. The stall owner kan you jialat jialat "Oi since when Mee Siam got hum, you don't anyhow listen to those born with a golden spoon in his mouth who never eat hawker food before. One more time I fuck your backside gao gao"

Roytt8
30-03-2022, 01:21 AM
Sex and money are always linked so CPF $ can most certainly lead to spending a portion on sex and hence it becomes a sex discussion. :D

You need to attend a course in lateral thinking. :p
Appreciate our lateral thinking advice . Cheers

sammyboyforumm
30-03-2022, 09:35 AM
I have about $600k in my cpf, and my HDB is already fully paid up and can last me till 95 yrs old. Can anyone accountant here advise me how much cold hard cash I can withdraw when I reach 55 yrs old?

HonkyTonkyMan
30-03-2022, 09:41 AM
I have about $600k in my cpf, and my HDB is already fully paid up and can last me till 95 yrs old. Can anyone accountant here advise me how much cold hard cash I can withdraw when I reach 55 yrs old?

is $600k total including Medisave and SA? Minus out your Medisave, set aside S$192K (think this is current sum) to your RA, balance you can withdraw as cold hard cash.

pussylicious12345
30-03-2022, 10:11 AM
is $600k total including Medisave and SA? Minus out your Medisave, set aside S$192K (think this is current sum) to your RA, balance you can withdraw as cold hard cash.

At least get back 500k

loneyheart
30-03-2022, 05:17 PM
At least get back 500k

No lah bro base on 600k in total after deduct Medisave and SA should be around 200k or more should be able to withdraw 300k+ :)

talismann
30-03-2022, 05:23 PM

You compound up to 55 years old and then subtract Medisave (currently unknown amount when you are 55 but guaranteed to be more than the current $63k) and subtract basic/full/retirement sum. The adjustment for the latter was recently announced. Without your current age, hard to give you a figure. But you can do the ballpark from here.

This is the wrong place to talk about CPF but I understand there are serious weirdos in HWZ forums.

marct
31-03-2022, 10:48 AM
Going back to the intent of this thread,
I have 10+ years before CPF withdrawal. Excluding FRS then, withdrawal amount is projected to be more than $300k.

I will take it out, invest in dividend stocks with minimum 6% yield, with principal sum untouched.

This will yield around $18k yearly, which I will induldge in whatever activities I fancy.

Alternatively, 4% yield in retirement account is not too shabby either.

donut88
31-03-2022, 01:25 PM
Hello, sometimes you don't get complete information from qualified financial planners about CPF or any other financial matters.

They only tell u what you wan to hear or what are beneficial to them.

Have any one told you that u should start putting regular money into your kids CPF account so that they can start to start compounded interest since young ?

How many ppl know that kids already have CPF account set up for them.

Imagine u have a one year old baby. U start putting regular money into his CPF at 1 yr old. When he's 21 yr old, he has earned 21 years of CPF compounded interests. And he has a good sum of money in his CPF to start his own property buying

No financial planner will ever tell u this because it never benefit their business.

That is such a ludicrous logic, I had to laugh out loud. WHat are the odds that the stupid TS will get sound advise about his CPF in a forum filled with horny buggers looking to get laid quick? Close to zero. In fact, he is more likely to get misinformation or bad advise from bros not qualified to give CPF advise. I feel very safe about asking people here on where is a good place to cheong. I feel zero safety about asking bros here about medical and CPF advise. There are forums specifically set up for CPF, where qualified financial planners and others with experience on CPF can answer your questions. TS should go to one of these forums. Idiots here replying to him are not doing him any favours. They should direct him to the correct forums rather then try to answer his questions and get it wrong.

singleman
01-04-2022, 11:07 PM
different people have different views of different things. there is no right or wrong. if u like the topic u can discuss here, if u dun like the topic then simply ignore this thread.

unless u r the type like to make other people angry, then when other people more angry u r more happy. if that is the case, then i will say ok so long u think u feel happy, then let it be. i have nothing to gain or lose.

so relax lah bro, life is short, why make ur life more "difficult" when it is already difficult. no worry be happy.

hawk007
02-04-2022, 12:19 AM
Hi bros,

Just a wondering, I heard or know few angmoh who retire from Europe, especially country with high retirement benefits like Denmark or Sweden moving to lower cost country in Asia like Thailand or Indonesia to enjoy the life and new girl frens.

I have personally met 1 in Bali and 2 in Thailand. Why do you all not considering moving somewhere else cheaper? And perhaps even rent out ur flat for additional income and staying in a foreign country?

loneyheart
02-04-2022, 01:17 PM
Hi bros,

Just a wondering, I heard or know few angmoh who retire from Europe, especially country with high retirement benefits like Denmark or Sweden moving to lower cost country in Asia like Thailand or Indonesia to enjoy the life and new girl frens.

I have personally met 1 in Bali and 2 in Thailand. Why do you all not considering moving somewhere else cheaper? And perhaps even rent out ur flat for additional income and staying in a foreign country?

When u r healthy n enjoying tats heaven
How abt when u r sick or $$$ dry up ?
Moreover safety consent there ?
:)

bignehneh
03-04-2022, 09:00 AM
I standby 3 pots of gold so that I can be super song
(1) CPF hits FRS. Usually you can get $2000 a month
(2) Don't withdraw from cpf and leave at least $300,000 in SA to get $12,000 yearly
(3) SRS hits $400,000 to be withdraw at $40,000 a year for 10 years
(Bonus) Draw 4 per cent from my equity portfolio which is growing at 10 per cent yearly on a good year. Inside got min $500,000. 4 per cent is $20,000.

In a normal year. I got $6,000 to spend a year. On super good year, withdraw from (bonus) which means got another $2,000 more a year...Sibei song right?

I still keep my private property. If need to then downgrade else just continue staying

Having said that, I am 20 years from my retirement age....Good to plan early...

entering
03-04-2022, 09:03 AM
Have any one told you that u should start putting regular money into your kids CPF account so that they can start to start compounded interest since young ?

How many ppl know that kids already have CPF account set up for them.

Imagine u have a one year old baby. U start putting regular money into his CPF at 1 yr old. When he's 21 yr old, he has earned 21 years of CPF compounded interests. And he has a good sum of money in his CPF to start his own property buying

Understand that this is a sex discussion website.

But seriously donut bro, this is one of the best thing I've ever read. I didn't know man. This is big news esp for people who want to help their kids grow their retirement without them spending it frivolously.

That said, my take is money and sex is tied together. Though not specifically sex related, but I do feel that this topic is important enough, not only for sex dough but if we are financially unable, there's nothing else we can do.

candle2000
03-04-2022, 09:12 AM
(2) Don't withdraw from cpf and leave at least $300,000 in SA to get $12,000 yearly
(Bonus) Draw 4 per cent from my equity portfolio which is growing at 10 per cent yearly on a good year. Inside got min $500,000. 4 per cent is $20,000.

In a normal year. I got $6,000 to spend a year. On super good year, withdraw from (bonus) which means got another $2,000 more a year...Sibei song right?

I still keep my private property. If need to then downgrade else just continue staying

I am so happy for you. You are the top 25 % of your cohort. I am 40+ years and I know I must work till 70 years old before I can retire.

bignehneh
03-04-2022, 09:14 AM
I am so happy for you. You are the top 25 % of your cohort. I am 40+ years and I know I must work till 70 years old before I can retire.

Can share your approach?

candle2000
03-04-2022, 09:56 AM
Can share your approach?

My salary about $1.8K to $2.2K (depending on overtime)

Bought 2 Room Resale and still paying the loan.

How to retire at 55 years ? Mostly have to work till 70 years if still steady and good health.

Luckily I am still single. Still looking for my future spouse and any lady wishes to apply ?

Some of us can reach CPF BRS and not CPF FRS at 55 years old.

connormacleod
03-04-2022, 10:05 AM
Bro BNN is right.

10 years ago, I would say use CPF$ to the max to fund property investment. With all the cooling measures in the past year, this opportunity is getting lesser (not forgetting that you need to payback CPF everything you withdrew PLUS accrued interest).

Now, I will max out what I can put into SA account to get decent return, risks-free. Partly also because I am much closer to retirement than you, so risk appetite also reduced significantly.

When I finally retire, I will keep my money in CPF and withdrew only what I need every month.

UncleHasBeen
03-04-2022, 03:06 PM
Bro BNN is right.

10 years ago, I would say use CPF$ to the max to fund property investment. With all the cooling measures in the past year, this opportunity is getting lesser (not forgetting that you need to payback CPF everything you withdrew PLUS accrued interest).

Now, I will max out what I can put into SA account to get decent return, risks-free. Partly also because I am much closer to retirement than you, so risk appetite also reduced significantly.

When I finally retire, I will keep my money in CPF and withdrew only what I need every month.

https://i.imgur.com/t1vNEtf.gif

Wise and pragmatic approach.
And there can only be one :D

connormacleod
03-04-2022, 04:31 PM
:). We probably belong to the same era to know this...

But on a serious note, I know of people who sold their HDB at a price higher than what they initially paid for, but still end up needing to cash more cash to top up CPF because the profit from the sale could not even cover the accrued interest calculated by CPF....

https://i.imgur.com/t1vNEtf.gif

Wise and pragmatic approach.
And there can only be one :D

bignehneh
03-04-2022, 06:12 PM
My view is to drag payment as long as possible. If you are paying peanuts, then your accrued interest will be peanuts. If you showhand and pay everything, then your accrued interest will kill you. I think I am F smart when I have 0 debts. In the end I have to use cash to redeem my cpf OA to reduce accrued interest. Ta ma de!

Don’t be surprise the interest can be crazy. If you spend $500 fucking every month, the accrued interest can allow you to fuck for 15 years. That is how fucking crazy cpf interest is if u pay off in full then let it accrued interest

Fuckhdsouza
03-04-2022, 06:59 PM
Credit RA account to receive higher payout at age 65:)

milken
04-04-2022, 12:37 AM
bit off topic....
i m gg 55 soon
cpf life monies will only flow in after 65...
intend to withdraw some from SA to buy US stocks
Yields/returns from recent tech stocks that got big beaten down bcos of Fed and compounded by Ukraine crisis,,,,,
Any bro here can share what Nasdaq stocks,,,,or EV...or Battery technology are promising?

can share? :o:o:o

Peacekeeping
04-04-2022, 01:08 AM
No hard and fast rule lah. If topic is interesting and important enough, people will discuss about it. Being a man is so much more than chasing gals and sex.

ArmKarn
04-04-2022, 01:17 AM
When u r healthy n enjoying tats heaven
How abt when u r sick or $$$ dry up ?
Moreover safety consent there ?
:)

For those cheongsters, maybe they think they can tackle a rich old women ? :D:D

sbwow
04-04-2022, 09:50 AM
I love the fact people think putting money into CPF is good for retirement.

This is based off the assumption the government is stable and does not change the regulations to age of withdrawal. Putting money into CPF is as good as handling money to someone else, and he gets to decide the game of rules.

If the government falls into the wrong hands (e.g. country overtaken by another, someone with ill intentions is governing the country). Bye bye to the money from CPF, alot of major changes are going to take place.

What if you needed more money to fund self/someone's expenses, but you can't simply withdraw it? This is another problem.

Putting money into kids CPF account? You can also do that to your own CPF account? Same thing the money is still going to be locked there. How is it better? This part I do not understand. Articles saying once the kid reach 65 years old will be millionaires, never know the withdrawal age might move up again. Or if someone doesn't even live long enough to see the money. Probably starve to death/require money for medical aid before being able to touch that lump sum of retirement.

Future: Come come come, give you 10% interest in CPF account. Can only start withdrawal at age of 100. According to statistics most* people live until that age, blah blah blah

donut88
04-04-2022, 12:13 PM
You are always putting your money into someone's hands

Your banks, insurance companies, investment companies are all someone else.

Don't talk until govt turn evil or whatever. This thinking can happen to any of your banks insurance and investment companies.

So now u scared, u can keep your money inside your pillow.

CPF by far is the most stable institution in Singapore, compared to the banks, insurance and investment companies. It may not be the highest yield but its definitely the most stable. From this covid period, after our govt spend BILLIONS on it, have they run road yet?

I love the fact people think putting money into CPF is good for retirement.

This is based off the assumption the government is stable and does not change the regulations to age of withdrawal. Putting money into CPF is as good as handling money to someone else, and he gets to decide the game of rules.

If the government falls into the wrong hands (e.g. country overtaken by another, someone with ill intentions is governing the country). Bye bye to the money from CPF, alot of major changes are going to take place.

What if you needed more money to fund self/someone's expenses, but you can't simply withdraw it? This is another problem.

Putting money into kids CPF account? You can also do that to your own CPF account? Same thing the money is still going to be locked there. How is it better? This part I do not understand. Articles saying once the kid reach 65 years old will be millionaires, never know the withdrawal age might move up again. Or if someone doesn't even live long enough to see the money. Probably starve to death/require money for medical aid before being able to touch that lump sum of retirement.

Future: Come come come, give you 10% interest in CPF account. Can only start withdrawal at age of 100. According to statistics most* people live until that age, blah blah blah

bignehneh
04-04-2022, 01:42 PM

Don't talk until govt turn evil or whatever. This thinking can happen to any of your banks insurance and investment companies.

CPF by far is the most stable institution in Singapore, compared to the banks, insurance and investment companies. It may not be the highest yield but its definitely the most stable. From this covid period, after our govt spend BILLIONS on it, have they run road yet?

Well said. If ask him to put $1000 with freelance, likely he say OK...cpf is good scheme to me

ilovepantyhose
04-04-2022, 03:21 PM

tiagong "don't put all your eggs in one basket". there is no hard and fast rule, it depends on individual risk appetite

sharing my personal experience: i use the 40-40-20 ratio
1st 40% - my cpf acts as the bond portion, it will be locked up until my retirement age (60plus? 70plus?), until then it will be earning 2.5~4% interest per annum, and its low risk, so to me its woon woon jiak bee hoon

2nd 40% - invested in stocks. as i age, will divert more money into dividend stocks rather than volatile stocks (no stomach for roller coasters :p and too old to recover the losses :o)

last 20% - cash. 10% for daily expenses. 10% of my cash goes into sg savings bonds, the interest is better than banks, and it can be redeemed quickly in case of emergency

i feel the cpf acts somewhat like a safety net when u hit retirement age. but, one concern is the costs of living in the future, are the cpf monies sufficient for daily expenses? by then, one plate of chicken rice may cost $6, one kopi $2? the other concern is the overall health and condition of ur body, no point having alot of money but u are down with illness or the kkj cannot function properly. gotta be disciplined to maintain a healthy lifestyle and get to receive your hard earned cpf money ;)

Loretta
04-04-2022, 03:42 PM

I give them 50% interest, using the same scammer's logic they use on us, they dare to take it? :D

sever
04-04-2022, 05:06 PM

If they allow, I'll put all in Milo tins. :D

ChinKooi
05-04-2022, 12:05 AM
If they allow, I'll put all in Milo tins. :D

Haha … that was a good one … I also wanted to say so but you beat me to it 🤦‍♂️

Cheers

UncleHasBeen
05-04-2022, 12:36 AM
https://i.imgur.com/tq4QVoT.jpg

my trusted secret stash :D

Peacekeeping
05-04-2022, 01:07 AM
https://i.imgur.com/tq4QVoT.jpg

my trusted secret stash :D

Money store inside tin will become toilet paper someday. If you store gold bars that’s different story...

sbwow
05-04-2022, 08:00 AM
They don't have to run road. What if they are short of money??? Then increase tax for fellow citizens la. Let you pay more tax, GST, lock your money in CPF the longer the better. Muhahahaha

Simile: I am the King, I set the rules. You just have to pay and obey my rules if you want live and work here.

sbwow
05-04-2022, 08:28 AM
GST will rise to 8% from January next year and to 9% in 2024, Lawrence Wong said, from 7% now. The government also plans to increase income taxes for high earners, hike taxes on residential properties and impose higher levies on luxury cars.

"These tax adjustments will help to raise additional revenue and also contribute to a fairer revenue structure," Wong said.

2023 - 8% GST
2024 - 9% GST

1 Year increase 1% GST. HO SEI BO

Future: 50 years from now, pay additional 50% GST please.

https://www.reuters.com/markets/rates-bonds/singapore-announces-372-mln-jobs-support-package-2022-02-18/

afterburn
05-04-2022, 09:15 AM
GST will rise to 8% from January next year and to 9% in 2024, Lawrence Wong said, from 7% now. The government also plans to increase income taxes for high earners, hike taxes on residential properties and impose higher levies on luxury cars.

"These tax adjustments will help to raise additional revenue and also contribute to a fairer revenue structure," Wong said.

2023 - 8% GST
2024 - 9% GST

1 Year increase 1% GST. HO SEI BO

Future: 50 years from now, pay additional 50% GST please.

https://www.reuters.com/markets/rates-bonds/singapore-announces-372-mln-jobs-support-package-2022-02-18/

Increase tax for high earners has been mooted by opposition since some time ago but govt always pour cold water on the idea. Now they claim credit for it? :D

Ultimately need to stop waste, what are the unnecessary spending? Just like in Malaysia they want to stop SG cars from fuelling up with RON95 on the grounds that it is subsidized, but then wealthy Malaysians living in sprawling mansions can fuel up their multiple cars with RON95, also subsidized unnecessarily, doesn't make sense

singleman
05-04-2022, 12:13 PM
govt has announced all night life entertainments will be opened soon. even though RLD is not mentioned and of course they cannot openly mention RLD, hope GL will be open soon too. then with some CPF money when we get it, can "invest" in GL liao.

UncleHasBeen
05-04-2022, 02:23 PM
govt has announced all night life entertainments will be opened soon. even though RLD is not mentioned and of course they cannot openly mention RLD, hope GL will be open soon too. then with some CPF money when we get it, can "invest" in GL liao.

https://i.imgur.com/iYrFaJf.jpg

singleman
05-04-2022, 02:27 PM
https://i.imgur.com/iYrFaJf.jpg

so is the GST increase going to affect GL price? honestly speaking if GL open again, wonder wad will be the price now? still have those 40, 80 100, 150? or become 200, 250, 300 liao? and also wad kind of girls still have? prc? thai? malaysia? wonder the house 2831A which i often go last last time still around? :D

SgHornyDevil
06-04-2022, 12:48 AM
so is the GST increase going to affect GL price? honestly speaking if GL open again, wonder wad will be the price now? still have those 40, 80 100, 150? or become 200, 250, 300 liao? and also wad kind of girls still have? prc? thai? malaysia? wonder the house 2831A which i often go last last time still around? :D

I think the Geylang OKTs need time to get girls from China as China is imposing lockdown … maybe easier to get girls from Vietnam, Indonesia, Thailand and Malaysia now … hopefully still remain at 40, 80 & 150 …

Btw, will Geylang open back for business on 19-Apr ?

Thanks

Peacekeeping
06-04-2022, 01:03 AM

Invest in our happiness. 醉生梦死 :D

singleman
09-04-2022, 11:04 PM
Today recv a letter from CPFB. stated when i reach 55, an RA (retirement account) will be created and blah, blah.....

think the most important part (for me) is about the withdrawal portion. It stated as follow

"If you wish to withdraw your CPF savings, you may submit your request on or after your 55th birthday at cpf.gov.sg/A55. With PayNow, you can receive your monies almost instantaneously."

the above website u need use ur singpass to login.

but will people use PayNow to transfer large amount of money? let say if u wan to withdraw 50k, will u ask CPFB to transfer the 50k fund to u via PayNow. but will it be safe enough to use PayNow for such CPF withdrawal?

PayNow account work by linking NRIC or HP number to ur saving account. u need internet banking to xfer fund to other people who hv PayNow acc using their hp or nric number.

HonkyTonkyMan
10-04-2022, 10:29 AM
Today recv a letter from CPFB. stated when i reach 55, an RA (retirement account) will be created and blah, blah.....

think the most important part (for me) is about the withdrawal portion. It stated as follow

"If you wish to withdraw your CPF savings, you may submit your request on or after your 55th birthday at cpf.gov.sg/A55. With PayNow, you can receive your monies almost instantaneously."

but will people use PayNow to transfer large amount of money? let say if u wan to withdraw 50k, will u ask CPFB to transfer the 50k fund to u via PayNow. but will it be safe enough to use PayNow for such CPF withdrawal?

PayNow account work by linking NRIC or HP number to ur saving account. u need internet banking to xfer fund to other people who hv PayNow acc using their hp or nric number.

I used PayNow to received my withdrawal, its immediate.

candle2000
10-04-2022, 10:39 AM

Sibei safe....if you use PayNow NRIC and no horse run

singleman
10-04-2022, 10:52 AM
Sibei safe....if you use PayNow NRIC and no horse run

currently my paynow is linked using my hp number. will it safe too? or i need change to link it using NRIC number?

HonkyTonkyMan
10-04-2022, 10:54 AM
currently my paynow is linked using my hp number. will it safe too? or i need change to link it using NRIC number?

yup i linked it to my phone too and done a few transaction already...

singleman
10-04-2022, 10:58 AM
yup i linked it to my phone too and done a few transaction already...

oh ok..

so on my 55th birthday, morning use paynow to get the fund, afternoon can go chiong liao. need plan my chionging plan for that day. :D

HonkyTonkyMan
10-04-2022, 11:01 AM
oh ok..

so on my 55th birthday, morning use paynow to get the fund, afternoon can go chiong liao. need plan my chionging plan for that day. :D

congrats and go easy....the problem is having easy access is also a temptation.:p

singleman
10-04-2022, 11:05 AM
congrats and go easy....the problem is having easy access is also a temptation.:p

is it we can just withdraw any amount at any time? when we wan just submit a request n they will xfer the fund immediately via paynow.

i still need to wait for another 3 months for my 55th birthday. only then have more fund to chiong ah.

HonkyTonkyMan
10-04-2022, 11:10 AM
is it we can just withdraw any amount at any time? when we wan just submit a request n they will xfer the fund immediately via paynow.

i still need to wait for another 3 months for my 55th birthday. only then have more fund to chiong ah.

its immediate just use the cpf app and follow instruction, GIRO will take a few days but if you request PayNow its immediate...but do note any withdrawal will first be deducted off SA account then balance from OA. SA interest pays more then OA...I assume you single from your nick..so no cpf used for housing before?

singleman
10-04-2022, 11:21 AM
its immediate just use the cpf app and follow instruction, GIRO will take a few days but if you request PayNow its immediate...but do note any withdrawal will first be deducted off SA account then balance from OA. SA interest pays more then OA...I assume you single from your nick..so no cpf used for housing before?

for my case, my current SA amount will be xfer to RA. bcos my SA is still not meet the 192k FRS amount. then part of my OA will xfer to RA to fulfil the FRS. then remaining amount in the OA will be able to withdraw. but i am still working, so there will still be contribution to my OA n SA even after 55.

for me, my current house (a new 3 room HDB flat) has already being fully paid using my CPF. last year Aug when get the key, I choose to pay the house fully using CPF. so now i did not take any loan from HDB n hence did not so called need pay the house monthly using CPF.

candle2000
10-04-2022, 11:54 AM

I do part time works and some bosses insist to use PayNow NRIC to pay my services.

I get Gov payouts faster using my PayNow NRIC. Gov payouts still yet to accept PayNow Mobile.

PayNow Mobile is good enough for transfer among friends which you do not want your NRIC to be shown.

I use PayNow UEN to pay back bosses due to over payment.

singleman
10-04-2022, 12:32 PM
I do part time works and some bosses insist to use PayNow NRIC to pay my services.

I get Gov payouts faster using my PayNow NRIC. Gov payouts still yet to accept PayNow Mobile.

PayNow Mobile is good enough for transfer among friends which you do not want your NRIC to be shown.

I use PayNow UEN to pay back bosses due to over payment.

that mean i need to create another paynow acc using NRIC then can use paynow to get the fund from CPF?

candle2000
10-04-2022, 04:22 PM
that mean i need to create another paynow acc using NRIC then can use paynow to get the fund from CPF?

Yes in SG, you can have 2 PayNow personal accounts.

One is PayNow Mobile and the other is PayNow NRIC.

singleman
10-04-2022, 05:47 PM
Yes in SG, you can have 2 PayNow personal accounts.

One is PayNow Mobile and the other is PayNow NRIC.

yes just now i have created another paynow account link using NRIC number. think if is using NRIC num for paynow will be more safe as compared to mobile number. NRIC is unique to each of us n hence the fund will not or should not be transferred to wrong account accidentally.

HonkyTonkyMan
11-04-2022, 04:38 PM
for me, my current house (a new 3 room HDB flat) has already being fully paid using my CPF. last year Aug when get the key, I choose to pay the house fully using CPF. so now i did not take any loan from HDB n hence did not so called need pay the house monthly using CPF.

if you used cpf to pay for housing, that means you will still be accruing interest from the cpf money you used to buy the house..so once you sell house the interest accrued will need to be returned into your cpf..but in your case since you already hit 55 you still can withdraw the money out...those who haven't hit 55 will be the one hard hit if they sell their hdb...many i heard after working out the accrue interest, didn't have any cash left over from sale..

singleman
11-04-2022, 09:06 PM
if you used cpf to pay for housing, that means you will still be accruing interest from the cpf money you used to buy the house..so once you sell house the interest accrued will need to be returned into your cpf..but in your case since you already hit 55 you still can withdraw the money out...those who haven't hit 55 will be the one hard hit if they sell their hdb...many i heard after working out the accrue interest, didn't have any cash left over from sale..

yes, i used 246k plus from my cpf to fully pay the new hse. if i sell away my hdb flat in future, then i need to return these 246k plus the incurred interest. but eventually even if these amount return to cpf, i still able to withdraw them out as what u hv mentioned i am over 55 by then.

the reason i did not take hdb loan, is bcos the loan interest u pay to hdb u will not able to get it back. but the interest incurred in cpf i still able to get it back for my case.

candle2000
11-04-2022, 10:25 PM
yes, i used 246k plus from my cpf to fully pay the new hse. if i sell away my hdb flat in future, then i need to return these 246k plus the incurred interest. but eventually even if these amount return to cpf, i still able to withdraw them out as what u hv mentioned i am over 55 by then.

the reason i did not take hdb loan, is bcos the loan interest u pay to hdb u will not able to get it back. but the interest incurred in cpf i still able to get it back for my case.

If the minimum staying period is over and decide to sell, no worry man, can make profit after deducting the cost and accrued interest.

The question is : Where are you going to stay after selling ?

singleman
11-04-2022, 10:50 PM
If the minimum staying period is over and decide to sell, no worry man, can make profit after deducting the cost and accrued interest.

The question is : Where are you going to stay after selling ?

The answer can be i find even a smaller size house (smaller than 3 room flat) or rent a house. Or i just continue stay in the current house till mati.

candle2000
11-04-2022, 11:25 PM
The answer can be i find even a smaller size house (smaller than 3 room flat) or rent a house. Or i just continue stay in the current house till mati.
My resale 2 room hdb is fetching good price. When I reached 55 years old, I sell it.

Where to stay ? Apply the 2 room hdb flexi lease flat.

You too can sell your 3 room hdb and apply the 2 room hdb flexi lease flat.

HonkyTonkyMan
12-04-2022, 09:46 AM
That what I felt the interest accrued is still my own money until someone asked me,"why pay interest on your own money? Shouldn't the gov be the one paying you the interest?" Logical if you look at it from a financial planner point of view...so that why I decided to run down the amount to be returned and stop anymore accrual and ensure the gov is the one paying me..

supershaft
12-04-2022, 11:19 AM
bit off topic....
i m gg 55 soon
cpf life monies will only flow in after 65...
intend to withdraw some from SA to buy US stocks
Yields/returns from recent tech stocks that got big beaten down bcos of Fed and compounded by Ukraine crisis,,,,,
Any bro here can share what Nasdaq stocks,,,,or EV...or Battery technology are promising?

can share? :o:o:o

boeing and baba.. thx me years later. :D

singleman
12-04-2022, 11:22 AM
That what I felt the interest accrued is still my own money until someone asked me,"why pay interest on your own money? Shouldn't the gov be the one paying you the interest?" Logical if you look at it from a financial planner point of view...so that why I decided to run down the amount to be returned and stop anymore accrual and ensure the gov is the one paying me..

most people do not have enough cash to pay fully for the house, therefore no choice has to use CPF for the housing n hence incurred the interest. unless i have enough cash of 246k+ then i can use it to pay back CPF n mean i am not using cpf for my house anymore n hence no incurred interest. and then 246k+ return to cpf we still can take it out.

but in the first place i dun have that 246k+ in term of cash. unless strike toto? but i seldom buy toto bcos chances of striking big is too slim.

lancerlution2
12-04-2022, 11:50 AM
IMO bro u r half right. We are all working and drawing salary so if possible I would rather pay my loan using cash from my salary (adjust and spend lesser unless no choice) thn let the interest roll in your CPF which is quite substantial and also u dun need to pay accrued interest which IMO is the dumbest thing ever.

DJPY
12-04-2022, 12:06 PM
IMO bro u r half right. We are all working and drawing salary so if possible I would rather pay my loan using cash from my salary (adjust and spend lesser unless no choice) thn let the interest roll in your CPF which is quite substantial and also u dun need to pay accrued interest which IMO is the dumbest thing ever.

But if u have spare cash to pay loans using cash and if you are trying to maximise the interest, put the spare cash in SA and pay using OA. Still earn extra 1.5%.

singleman
12-04-2022, 12:09 PM

what u mean is take loan from hdb, and use cash from salary to pay the loan monthly instead of using cpf to pay for the house and hence no need pay the accrued interest, right? this is one option, but that is provided we are working n hv income. what if unlucky we lost our job and not able to find a new job soon, then we still need servicing the loan using cash. bcos when this happen, we can't tell hdb now i wan to use cpf to pay the monthly loan? can we? dun think can rite.

the reason i am using the cpf to fully pay for the hse is bcos i did not wan take loan n use my income to pay for the monthly loan instalment. like now i have fully paid for the new hse using cpf, i not that worry whether if i suddenly lost my job then i still have to find cash to pay for my loan. esp with my age, wan find another new job is difficult. now every month for the cash payment portion for the hse is only the SCC, utility bill, phone bill. of course if use cpf, i will need to pay for the accursed interest,

HonkyTonkyMan
12-04-2022, 06:32 PM
most people do not have enough cash to pay fully for the house, therefore no choice has to use CPF for the housing n hence incurred the interest. unless i have enough cash of 246k+ then i can use it to pay back CPF n mean i am not using cpf for my house anymore n hence no incurred interest. and then 246k+ return to cpf we still can take it out.

but in the first place i dun have that 246k+ in term of cash. unless strike toto? but i seldom buy toto bcos chances of striking big is too slim.

actually once you hit 55, you don't even need to have the full 246K to pay off the CPF used...what i did is take out whatever I am allowed to withdraw from OA and pay back into CPF under voluntary housing refund...the total CPF to be returned is slowly run down to zero..each time i draw out i bank it back in under the housing refund scheme..that was how i cleared off the whole sum...believe me at first when i heard of this i seriously doubt it but true enough it works..

singleman
12-04-2022, 07:14 PM
actually once you hit 55, you don't even need to have the full 246K to pay off the CPF used...what i did is take out whatever I am allowed to withdraw from OA and pay back into CPF under voluntary housing refund...the total CPF to be returned is slowly run down to zero..each time i draw out i bank it back in under the housing refund scheme..that was how i cleared off the whole sum...believe me at first when i heard of this i seriously doubt it but true enough it works..

bro do u mean it work like below

initial amt i use for hse = 246k
i can withdraw (for example) 50k
i use this 50k return to cpf hsing fund, then i become "owe" cpf = 246k - 50k = 196k
but this 50k i put back can withdraw again?
if yes, then i withdraw the 50k again n pay back then become i owe 196k - 50k = 146k
if like that i just withdraw the 50k n put back the 50k a few times, i can clear the 246k for the housing.
does it work this way? no right.

for my case is i hv used 246k for my new hse. then the remaining OA+SA i can meet the FRS 192k. after set aside the FRS, i still able to withdraw a sum of money. so i can use this sum of money to "pay" for my that 246k "loan"?

singleman
13-04-2022, 08:58 AM
just to share some information. i have spoken to a CPF officer to enquire on the CPF withdrawal matter. below is the information i ask from the officer.

1. Any amount after you set aside the FRS (which is 192k for those turn 55 in this year 2022) in RA, you can withdraw the money. If you have remaining money in both OA n SA (for example u still working n have CPF contribution), when you withdraw money, the money will be taken from SA first, then OA.

2. If u have a HDB flat, can apply to CPF to use it as a pledge n then can withdraw from ur RA any amount above BRS (which is 96k, BRS = FRS / 2). mean max u can withdraw another 96k from RA. then ur RA will left the BRS amount 96k.

3. When you sell ur house, the amount u refund back to CPF, part of it will move to the RA to cover back whatever you have withdraw from RA, n make the RA goes back to the FRS 192k.

For example, you have withdraw 50k from RA, so ur RA left 142k.
let say when u sell ur house, the amount u need to refund back to CPF is 250k (principal amount plus accursed interest). then CPF will take 50k from this 250k refund n put it to our RA to make the RA to have the FRS amount.

According to the officer, she said in this case the remaining 200k from the CPF housing refund, CPF will return back to us in the form of cash. if we want the 200k to keep it in our OA, then we need to write in to CPF to make that request.

so in summary, my understanding is so long ur RA has kept aside the FRS 192k amount, whatever remaining amount (whether from our work CPF contribution, any CPF refund from housing, etc), we can withdraw them.

loneyheart
13-04-2022, 04:05 PM
As for point number 2 tats provided yr flat is fully paid :)

singleman
13-04-2022, 04:57 PM

oh ok. for my case i have fully paid the hdb flat using my CPF when i collect the keys, so mean i can use the flat as a pledge? i did not take any loan from HDB n hence did not so called need to use CPF to pay the monthly loan instalment.

what I understand is the flat must have a remaining lease that still allow u to stay there till age 95. but not sure whether need to be fully paid or not. if yes, then those who have hdb flat but is paying by instalment, mean they will not able to use the flat as a pledge.

maybe i can ask CPF again. the CPF website has a "callback appointment" service. u make an appointment for the officer to call u back at certain date n time. then that day at that time, the CPF officer will call u n u can ask ur qns.

HonkyTonkyMan
13-04-2022, 07:03 PM
bro do u mean it work like below

initial amt i use for hse = 246k
i can withdraw (for example) 50k
i use this 50k return to cpf hsing fund, then i become "owe" cpf = 246k - 50k = 196k
but this 50k i put back can withdraw again?
if yes, then i withdraw the 50k again n pay back then become i owe 196k - 50k = 146k
if like that i just withdraw the 50k n put back the 50k a few times, i can clear the 246k for the housing.
does it work this way? no right.

for my case is i hv used 246k for my new hse. then the remaining OA+SA i can meet the FRS 192k. after set aside the FRS, i still able to withdraw a sum of money. so i can use this sum of money to "pay" for my that 246k "loan"?
yes that right, that is what i did for my refund to my housing loan...i withdraw out $50k each time and bank in to the voluntary housing refund...then withdraw out again from OA the $50k I just bank in and do another round until i run down the loan and accrued interest...interestingly when you do the housing refund there is a question that ask who introduce you to this scheme...but its not compulsory to answer...this is not a widely publicize scheme and for obvious reasons they prefer the lesser know the better cos end of the day if every household does this, that means gov has to start paying interest from their own pocket..

singleman
13-04-2022, 08:08 PM
yes that right, that is what i did for my refund to my housing loan...i withdraw out $50k each time and bank in to the voluntary housing refund...then withdraw out again from OA the $50k I just bank in and do another round until i run down the loan and accrued interest...interestingly when you do the housing refund there is a question that ask who introduce you to this scheme...but its not compulsory to answer...this is not a widely publicize scheme and for obvious reasons they prefer the lesser know the better cos end of the day if every household does this, that means gov has to start paying interest from their own pocket..

it mean every time when pay back the 50k to the voluntary housing refund, we did not specify is from us, but from someone else helping us to make the refund? like it become a loophole in CPF.

singleman
14-04-2022, 08:42 AM

hi bro, i have just checked with CPF and the officer said the only condition for using our HDB flat as a pledge is the remaining lease must allow us to stay in the house till age 95. There is no need for the house to be fully paid first.

That is even if we are now paying the hse by monthly instalment. the hse still can be used as a pledge if we wan to withdraw from the RA.

lancerlution2
14-04-2022, 11:11 AM
Smart. I like the idea.

loneyheart
14-04-2022, 01:43 PM
hi bro, i have just checked with CPF and the officer said the only condition for using our HDB flat as a pledge is the remaining lease must allow us to stay in the house till age 95. There is no need for the house to be fully paid first.

That is even if we are now paying the hse by monthly instalment. the hse still can be used as a pledge if we wan to withdraw from the RA.

Upped u bro :)

HonkyTonkyMan
14-04-2022, 06:02 PM
it mean every time when pay back the 50k to the voluntary housing refund, we did not specify is from us, but from someone else helping us to make the refund? like it become a loophole in CPF.

no bro you can actually refund directly from whatever acct you withdraw the OA to..in my case i withdraw to my posb and then i do the refund directly from posb back to cpf...in and out a few times from same acct no problem...

donut88
15-04-2022, 12:15 PM

No need. Full paid or not, no difference.

singleman
15-04-2022, 01:30 PM
yes the only condition for using the house as a pledge is the remaining lease must allow u to stay in the house till age 95.

whether fully paid or pay by instalment using CPF, as long as u have used the CPF for your housing, when u sell ur house, the amount of money u take from CPF will eventually need to return back to CPF.

unless u sell ur house at such a price that the amount return back to CPF is lesser than the amount that u take from CPF for the housing. this is what so called "negative sale". but if there is valid reason then CPF most probably will not ask u to pay then back the difference in cash or other mean.

"negative sale" mean for example u have taken 250k from CPF for ur housing, then when u sell ur house at 200k. all the 200k will need return to CPF. so firstly u will not have any cash balance from the sale for urself, secondly it seem that u will still "owe" CPF 50k. however maybe u can only sell ur hse at 200k due to like bad resale market, etc, then CPF can treat this as negative sale n will not ask u pay back the remaining 50k.

singleman
15-04-2022, 01:44 PM
in 2018, i sold away my 5 room flat at 400k. this is not a so called good price as my house location is not that "good". with this sale of 400k, i need to pay back my remaining HDB loan of 100k+ to HDB, a 45K resale levy (bcos that time i have applied another BTO 3 room flat) and all the remaining 250k+ all return back to CPF. that time the amount I need to refund back to CPF is about 300k+, but i only refund back 250K+. this is wad i mean by "negative" sale. i have checked with my house agent whether i need to return the difference in cash to CPF. he said no need as CPF will treat this as negative sale. and indeed CPF did not ask me to pay back the difference.

I did not get any cash balance from this sale. but why I still want to sell my house at this price when i know i will not get any cash balance. the main reason is after some calculation, i know the amount (250k+) refund back to CPF is enough for me to use it to fully pay the new 3 room room flat (246k+). that why when i get the keys to the new flat last year i am able to pay the house fully using CPF. another reason is from the sale, i can use 45k from the sale to pay the resale levy. if not i will need to come out with 45k cash for the resale levy.

but take note of this point. that time my house valuation is 400K n i sell my house at 400k. but if ur house valuation is 400k for example, then u sell it at less than 400K, then i not sure in this case, CPF will treat it as negative sale or not. I did not know wad are the conditions that CPF will treat and accept a negative sale. maybe is on a case by case basis.

Angmolover
15-04-2022, 04:04 PM
in 2018, i sold away my 5 room flat at 400k. this is not a so called good price as my house location is not that "good". with this sale of 400k, i need to pay back my remaining HDB loan of 100k+ to HDB, a 45K resale levy (bcos that time i have applied another BTO 3 room flat) and all the remaining 250k+ all return back to CPF. that time the amount I need to refund back to CPF is about 300k+, but i only refund back 250K+. this is wad i mean by "negative" sale. i have checked with my house agent whether i need to return the difference in cash to CPF. he said no need as CPF will treat this as negative sale. and indeed CPF did not ask me to pay back the difference.

I did not get any cash balance from this sale. but why I still want to sell my house at this price when i know i will not get any cash balance. the main reason is after some calculation, i know the amount (250k+) refund back to CPF is enough for me to use it to fully pay the new 3 room room flat (246k+). that why when i get the keys to the new flat last year i am able to pay the house fully using CPF. another reason is from the sale, i can use 45k from the sale to pay the resale levy. if not i will need to come out with 45k cash for the resale levy.

but take note of this point. that time my house valuation is 400K n i sell my house at 400k. but if ur house valuation is 400k for example, then u sell it at less than 400K, then i not sure in this case, CPF will treat it as negative sale or not. I did not know wad are the conditions that CPF will treat and accept a negative sale. maybe is on a case by case basis.

Still can't believe an illiterate fucktard like you who can't read the title of this forum is still posting about your pathetic CPF.

singleman
15-04-2022, 04:37 PM
Still can't believe an illiterate fucktard like you who can't read the title of this forum is still posting about your pathetic CPF.

bro relax lah. u can call me anything u like so long u happy i am fine. bcos it not going to affect me in anyway. relax relax. :D

Stimsia
16-04-2022, 03:02 PM
Can someone guide?
At 55, you have 500k
Minus 200k for min retention, you have say,300k balance to withdraw.

Ok
From 65, monthly payout then start.
If 200k balance at 65, what is the monthly payout?
Until 85 yr ol?
If after 85, still alive, who going to fund the monthly payout? And the monthly payout, still the same??

Always thinking, if no money just go rob bank, go changi chalet and let govt take care of your basic needs, exclude sxx

lipe
16-04-2022, 05:54 PM
bro stimsia

if you asked these type of questions, I think you jialat liao.

you know no head no tail on CPF.

go to CPF website FAQs for the basic, then inside you can find a CPF calculator where you can estimate your contribution and payout.

Can someone guide?
At 55, you have 500k
Minus 200k for min retention, you have say,300k balance to withdraw.

Ok
From 65, monthly payout then start.
If 200k balance at 65, what is the monthly payout?
Until 85 yr ol?
If after 85, still alive, who going to fund the monthly payout? And the monthly payout, still the same??

Always thinking, if no money just go rob bank, go changi chalet and let govt take care of your basic needs, exclude sxx

bignehneh
24-04-2022, 07:26 AM
I would suggest not to spend or withdraw your cpf at the age of 55. The strategy

(1) Keep OA rolling as long as possible (try not to use cpf for housing and slowly use cash to refund your cpf)

(2) SA continue to keep pumping after you hit FRS. I think annually you can control is $5200 or something

(3) Medisave just keep it for future medical expenses

(4) Backup 1 if you can have a $300-500k investment

(5) Backup 2 if you can have a 3 room HDB/ condo

When you hit 55, the FRS will be deducted so that you can get a payout monthly from age 65 till you die. I think that is about $2000 in today’s value.

Continue to build your cpf till age 65. After which every year just draw from your OA. OA interest is 2.5% so if you draw just 2%, can last long

You can draw from your investment also. If you got 3 bedroom, can also rent 1 bedroom out.

If you just receive payout from cpf, I think can’t cheong much. Haha! Best to have multiple income

One may ask, what if I don’t have today. The answer is cut down and your cheonging and start saving more money

singleman
30-05-2022, 11:24 AM
for those bro who have been withdrawing the CPF money via payNow, just to check you can receive the money on the day u submit the request rite? even if the request is made on weekend or public holiday, also can get the money on the same day?

my 55th birthday fall on a Saturday, so i wondering i can withdraw on Saturday if i am using payNow to receive the money? Or need to wait till working day.

DTCEPL
30-05-2022, 02:41 PM
for those bro who have been withdrawing the CPF money via payNow, just to check you can receive the money on the day u submit the request rite? even if the request is made on weekend or public holiday, also can get the money on the same day?

my 55th birthday fall on a Saturday, so i wondering i can withdraw on Saturday if i am using payNow to receive the money? Or need to wait till working day.

Bro u will receive the cash in less then 5 seconds using paynow to receive CPF.

singleman
30-05-2022, 02:44 PM
Bro u will receive the cash in less then 5 seconds using paynow to receive CPF.

so fast. bcos the CPF webssite claimed use payNow the transfer is almost "instantenously". so is true.

if using payNow, so long we have a payNow account that is linked with our NRIC number, then xfer via payNow can be considered super safe rite? i mean will not xfer to other account. bcos for cpf withdraw we normally withdraw quite a large sum of money in one go, like 10k, 20k, 50k, etc.

DTCEPL
30-05-2022, 03:16 PM
so fast. bcos the CPF webssite claimed use payNow the transfer is almost "instantenously". so is true.

if using payNow, so long we have a upayNow account that is linked with our NRIC number, then xfer via payNow can be considered super safe rite? i mean will not xfer to other account. bcos for cpf withdraw we normally withdraw quite a large sum of money in one go, like 10k, 20k, 50k, etc.

Yes true!

Paynow usually link to hp, but b4 u withdraw cpf using paynow, activate the link to nric also in advance.

Cpf info available online and at their office are limited and they only educate u based on their preference on how u should use your retirement sum and not what u can do. So u may wished to check with people over 55 whom have walked the journey b4 u. Cheers!

loneyheart
30-05-2022, 03:40 PM
Upped u bro :)

Ray06
30-05-2022, 03:42 PM
[QUOTE=bignehneh;21242032]I would suggest not to spend or withdraw your cpf at the age of 55. The strategy

When you hit 55, the FRS will be deducted so that you can get a payout monthly from age 65 till you die. I think that is about $2000 in today’s value.

The payout amount depends on how much inside your RA!

Continue to build your cpf till age 65. After which every year just draw from your OA. OA interest is 2.5% so if you draw just 2%, can last long

Any withdrawal will be taken from your SA First, which enjoy 4% interest!

If you just receive payout from cpf, I think can’t cheong much. Haha! Best to have multiple income
At 65 don't think many Bros still cheong..:rolleyes:

singleman
30-05-2022, 05:56 PM
Yes true!

Paynow usually link to hp, but b4 u withdraw cpf using paynow, activate the link to nric also in advance.

Cpf info available online and at their office are limited and they only educate u based on their preference on how u should use your retirement sum and not what u can do. So u may wished to check with people over 55 whom have walked the journey b4 u. Cheers!

payNow account can be linked to hp or NRIC number. initially I have linked one of my acc to my hp num. now I have linked my the other acc to my NRIC number n will use this for the CPF withdrawal.

the CPF website may not also provide all the info n that why i am posting some qns over here to seek advice from bro who are 55 or older n have gone through the journey of how they deal with the CPF withdrawal matter.

HonkyTonkyMan
31-05-2022, 10:01 AM
payNow account can be linked to hp or NRIC number. initially I have linked one of my acc to my hp num. now I have linked my the other acc to my NRIC number n will use this for the CPF withdrawal.

the CPF website may not also provide all the info n that why i am posting some qns over here to seek advice from bro who are 55 or older n have gone through the journey of how they deal with the CPF withdrawal matter.

Try not to link to phone number, one might change numbers over the course of years and forgot about linking phone to acct. Better to use NRIC as its permanently tied to you..

jacky43
31-05-2022, 10:35 AM
Mine advice to members who reached 55 yrs ago. No need the $ do not with draw because is going to be a hole in your CPF accounts. The people in charged of this country held back an important news.

The older we gets there are long terms illness. Regular seeking specialist treatment are very expensives. Eg. Past 3 yrs new Taxi drivers have not enough $ in their CPF. There fore many see TCM and, do not seek specialists. Their lifes in danger.

Time changed. 10 yrs ago with draw the $ and go on a tour for 1/2 year. This period of C19 and monkey pox. Saving in CPF is important. Just in case got hit by kidney faiures. 1 treatment i guess b4 grants. S$4000. Co dont pay, not enough medi save. COD. Worst come to worse. Make appt to see the MPs. If u so desired.

In the words of ex CNA news anchor. S Fox. TAKE CARE!

singleman
04-07-2022, 10:48 PM
so far any bro recently reached 55 and can withdraw ur cpf? does the withdrawal fast? i mean u can recv the money fast?

Klingon
05-07-2022, 03:06 AM
Try not to link to phone number, one might change numbers over the course of years and forgot about linking phone to acct. Better to use NRIC as its permanently tied to you..

Very good point bro

blurblur2032
05-07-2022, 10:57 AM
My worry is the person in change hand whether cpf is still there. Ahah

soonbeng
09-07-2022, 05:44 PM
Whatever you do, don't give your hard earned withdrawn CPF monies to PRC, Thai, Vietnamese or other nationality girls who work in KTVs, night clubs, spas or licensed Geylang houses... Don't give them for their overseas families' sob stories or to open some business overseas. SBF Boss told us before.