PDA

View Full Version : Procedure of opening a legit Spa

Johnslow307
30-11-2021, 06:08 PM
Hi, asking on before for a friend. Can any experience bro share the dos and don'ts for opening a spa?

I've read up a little on licensing, but anything else need to be aware of?

Hope experience bro can advise by replying or pm is good too.

If you have a spa that wants to be taken over can please pm me too🙏🏻🙏🏻🙂

Badboylee
30-11-2021, 11:33 PM
hi, what i know is its very hard to a guy to open a spa... (i assume you are a guy)

you will see very few male bosses around, usually they are female bosses , and they usually are ex masseurs who know how to run the spa, even if you say you are willing to put in the money to partner one, most lady will reject, they rather forkout the money themselves and not share the profits.

sorry abit oot and didnt answer your questions... ;)

afterburn
01-12-2021, 12:55 AM
Hi, asking on before for a friend. Can any experience bro share the dos and don'ts for opening a spa?

I've read up a little on licensing, but anything else need to be aware of?

Hope experience bro can advise by replying or pm is good too.

If you have a spa that wants to be taken over can please pm me too🙏🏻🙏🏻🙂

Technically singapore is one of the easiest place to start up a business. Minimum red tape and corruption-free process. You see those china people come here set up small business like nothing; shop, enrichment school, massage spa - though some obviously cannot read/write much english and you know all those official notifications and govt forms are all in english. I am sure there are consultancy services out there that help you do all these things for a fee.

quiddi
01-12-2021, 04:01 AM
Headcount to hire oversea MLs. Check wp, sp.

r.fowler
01-12-2021, 09:48 AM
massage/spa license hard to apply now. Buy from others is the easier way. Because of Covid, some are closing off so the fastest way is to buy and take over, of course you will need their name to be in (so you got to give them royalty fee).

labour/manpower is a killer, it exist in all industries anyway. and once you got the license, be prepared to set aside a sum of money for renovation.

If everything swee swee and get running, it is the daily operation that will bored u off. Hiring of MLs, politics among MLs... Are the MLs providing more than supposed to? you will be constantly on your toes on running cost.

there are so many spa/massages in singapore, acquiring new customers is a challenge too.

soonbeng
01-12-2021, 11:12 AM
I met a few spas that are owned by men. The fines for first time offences are another bad thing. Second time offences carry very heavy fines. I don't know if second time offences carry a jail term and criminal record or not. But subsequent serious offenses do. Thus spa operators pay an "ang kong kia" or fall guy.

Don't forget last few months many spas have been raided by the AV Police. And a number of spa girls have been arrested.

Johnslow307
01-12-2021, 11:53 AM
hi, what i know is its very hard to a guy to open a spa... (i assume you are a guy)

you will see very few male bosses around, usually they are female bosses , and they usually are ex masseurs who know how to run the spa, even if you say you are willing to put in the money to partner one, most lady will reject, they rather forkout the money themselves and not share the profits.

sorry abit oot and didnt answer your questions... ;)

Yes I'm a guy, but I'm not the one opening. Asking for a friend who is a guy too😁

So this goondu friend of my want to invest in a spa for a ML. KAMLANG I say but he is beyond help. So what a friend can do is just to help gather more info so he knows what kind of shithole he's getting himself into😂

formidable
01-12-2021, 02:04 PM
Massage License num 1 allow room privacy with wall door,license num 3 is just curtains less privacy.

Facial license does not allow massage and kana fine if caught.

Depend on location , revenue,expenditure and number of shareholders, cash flow , service menu,etc
Your take home money �� can be more ,average or less.

Frd who was xpub owner say might as well open bistro instead where drinks are constant flow of revenue

Johnslow307
01-12-2021, 04:17 PM
Thank you bros for sharing. According to him, he just want to open a legit massage shop/spa.

Is Cat 1 license difficult to obtain? I leave the p&l etc to him lah, I'm just trying to find out as much info for him as possible.

Johnslow307
01-12-2021, 05:15 PM
Massage License num 1 allow room privacy with wall door,license num 3 is just curtains less privacy.

Facial license does not allow massage and kana fine if caught.

Depend on location , revenue,expenditure and number of shareholders, cash flow , service menu,etc
Your take home money �� can be more ,average or less.

Frd who was xpub owner say might as well open bistro instead where drinks are constant flow of revenue

Thanks for the insights bro, a lot of bistro also cui during this time😅

Johnslow307
01-12-2021, 05:16 PM
I met a few spas that are owned by men. The fines for first time offences are another bad thing. Second time offences carry very heavy fines. I don't know if second time offences carry a jail term and criminal record or not. But subsequent serious offenses do. Thus spa operators pay an "ang kong kia" or fall guy.

Don't forget last few months many spas have been raided by the AV Police. And a number of spa girls have been arrested.

Thanks for the heads up!!🙂🙏🏻

Johnslow307
01-12-2021, 05:18 PM
massage/spa license hard to apply now. Buy from others is the easier way. Because of Covid, some are closing off so the fastest way is to buy and take over, of course you will need their name to be in (so you got to give them royalty fee).

labour/manpower is a killer, it exist in all industries anyway. and once you got the license, be prepared to set aside a sum of money for renovation.

If everything swee swee and get running, it is the daily operation that will bored u off. Hiring of MLs, politics among MLs... Are the MLs providing more than supposed to? you will be constantly on your toes on running cost.

there are so many spa/massages in singapore, acquiring new customers is a challenge too.

There're challenges in all businesses lah, just that this is what the ML has been doing, so they should know the risks involved 🙂🙏🏻

superstiffy
01-12-2021, 05:30 PM
Thank you bros for sharing. According to him, he just want to open a legit massage shop/spa.

Is Cat 1 license difficult to obtain? I leave the p&l etc to him lah, I'm just trying to find out as much info for him as possible.

bro... want to open clean spa then u ask wrong place liao... over here got many consultant level expert can tell u how to open lup sup spa and make alot of money... dun even need to apply license wor... :p

Johnslow307
01-12-2021, 06:17 PM
bro... want to open clean spa then u ask wrong place liao... over here got many consultant level expert can tell u how to open lup sup spa and make alot of money... dun even need to apply license wor... :p

😂😂😂 here got a lot of semi legit licensed joint also mah

liketosleep
01-12-2021, 08:12 PM
During this covid-19 pandemic, there are more checks by government agencies. MOM is checking how many SG citizens are employed. How old & what positions. Singaporean core. CPF Board contributions. Police licensing and regulatory department. Police anti-vice unit. SCDF for fire prevention. Safe distancing enforcement officers for not wearing masks properly. NEA officers for dengue & smoking violations. Trace Together check-in devices and QR code posters. With Omicron variant, government is stepping up surveillance on high risk activities. Singaporean Tua Pek Kong may have to appear at PCC for lim kopi sessions if kena complaint. Shin Min newspaper reported one PRC single mum complained to MOM about employment contract violations on salaries. The boss got to face MOM & police investigation. No fun. Cannot sleep properly. TV news also reported more bankruptcy cases. PRC partner may escape all these mess because the joint is registered under SG male partner name. He got to face the flak.

Keima
01-12-2021, 09:39 PM
Just do reading lor…

https://www.police.gov.sg/e-Services/Police-Licences/Massage-Establishment-Licence

holomolo
07-12-2021, 08:35 PM
Need to have black and white contacts then can do one...

Black people to take the fall as previously mentioned and protect you from other jealous people that will try to kajiao you.

White people to inform you before the raids. Need to know the correct people then can do one.

Usually the bosses of various spas know each other...

Its all about networking, brother.

bombweister
07-12-2021, 10:13 PM
1) how many mls you are hiring? 7 sg to 1 foreigner.
2) owner if I m not wrong must have a professional cert credited by govern training agency.
3) location also important - submission to gov agencys
4) your masseuses also must have massage cert credit by govern

Do correct me if I m wrong about the info above. Thanks

afterburn
07-12-2021, 10:43 PM
2) owner if I m not wrong must have a professional cert credited by govern training agency.

How do these shops fulfill (1) requirement? I never see any local ML :D and even PR / new citizen are rare bears.

soonbeng
08-12-2021, 08:56 AM

Are you sure about 4)? Because I had many massages in spas where I can felt the massage lady didn't learn any basic massage techniques. They are mostly PRC ladies.

afterburn
08-12-2021, 01:08 PM
Are you sure about 4)? Because I had many massages in spas where I can felt the massage lady didn't learn any basic massage techniques. They are mostly PRC ladies.

Those wsq cert is bao jiak one lah. If you attend WSQ course before, the trainer die die make sure you can be "competent" at the end. If they always produce "not yet competent", then skillfuture won't pay out the grant, everyone lose-lose. Companies will shun that training company :D

So not a surprise the ml just go through motions to get the cert but go back to their own style when in the shop.

bombweister
08-12-2021, 01:21 PM
How do these shops fulfill (1) requirement? I never see any local ML :D and even PR / new citizen are rare bears.

This one best you ask the bosses of the spa.

Diavel
08-12-2021, 04:42 PM

I have always been wondering about that. Thought to myself, maybe massage diff. quota rules.

liketosleep
08-12-2021, 06:00 PM
Some of the SG citizens are employed part-time as cleaners. The PRC receptionist could already be a SG citizen or permanent resident & is a business partner cum employee. The boss on paper is a SG man. Any violation with the law, he would have to take the rap. Usually the joint will last about three years if business is okay due to standard lease agreement. May close early if location is no good, not enough footfalls or kena police raids. Besides hair salons, there is a mushrooming of Yang Sheng shops. Obviously there is good money to be made because we need to de-stress. I have seen a pdmm progress from masseuse to business partner and now smokes , drives a car & dine in expensive restaurant. I suspect she takes a cut from her masseuses' takings. Oh the SG citizens employed must not be too elderly like 80s because MOM may query.

Keima
09-12-2021, 02:32 AM

No such thing for Category 1 massage establishment:
Singapore citizens, permanent residents and any foreign nationality with valid work passes

License requirement link is in my previous post, but you all never bothered... :D