PDA

View Full Version : Advice on Appeal on ban lifting.

crebian
26-04-2008, 08:25 AM
I know most likely i will be flamed when i post this but i am desperate for advice. Yes i married a EX WL.We have known each other since 2000 and only recently we decided to get married. Our marriage was registered in Singapore legally and when applying for long term social visit pass, her past was found out, jailed 6 weeks for false declaration,deported back to Thailand and BANNED from entering Singapore. I was told by ICA officers that i can appeal for the ban.
I have already written a appeal letter and plans to seek help from my MP. I hope anyone with have experiences with this kind of case could enlighten me what to do.
1)Will the ban be lifted? I think it is ridiculous that we are legally married and she is banned from entering singapore.
2)What are the chances of the ban being lifted?

dragonfly
26-04-2008, 01:53 PM
Two options for u
1) U apply for Thai PR and stay there.
2) Call Newspaper, they report your cases on paper, maybe ICA might pity u. But dont put too high hope. First option is the best that I can think of. :D

aczeta76
26-04-2008, 01:56 PM
Hmm.. is it b'coz the "black-list" period is still in effect?

Me already prepared to move to HK if SG doesn't clear my MM 's VISA after the 3 year ban.

Anyway, think I will get higher pay in HK

lblittlebear
26-04-2008, 02:00 PM
Two options for u
2) Call Newspaper, they report your cases on paper, maybe ICA might pity u. But dont put too high hope. First option is the best that I can think of. :D

I think point 1 is quite sensible. I disagree with point 2. I think in Sg, it's better to keep it low profile then to blow it big using media (could be quite risky as it may backfire)

When this thing surface out in papers, I believe while many will feel sorry for you, another bigger group will lobby for ICA's stand. Then it became so high profile that even ICA want to accede your appeal also cannot

You may want to keep appealing and strengthen your case with letters from MP. Not sure if it can be 100% successful.

Wishing you good luck

Triple-X
26-04-2008, 02:17 PM
Bro,u should also be lucky that there wasn't any kid yet if not lagi more problems for the kid later on.:p

U can only appeal to ICA + throw in some visit to your local 'friendly' PAP MP to write some letter lor.Hope other bros here can give u more advice and choices.I sincerely wish u and and your wife the best.

Cheer up mate!:)

bluewind22
26-04-2008, 02:19 PM
Good luck for your appeal. :)

YouYongku
26-04-2008, 02:25 PM
good luck on yr appeal bro
but in my view i dont think can so easily
coz u/the case is based upon kinda "cheated" on ICA/government

same situation as
if i cheat yr money
and now i ask again
will u lent me/invest with me?

no offense man
but i think can try appeal
I sincerity wish u all the best

ParaParaSakura
26-04-2008, 02:29 PM
Dun put too much hope in the appeal & keep your options open. Count your lucky stars that they din haul you up for abetting her.

All the best.

VanGogh
26-04-2008, 02:51 PM
Bro, I recalled there was a similar case like yours about 2 yrs ago whereby the Husband (Siong-gaporean) went to The New Paper for help.

If I remember correctly, MP (write letter only but will not help), ICS Appeal (Confirm Kena reject), The New Paper print out article (also did not help).

Not trying to discourage you but you have to prepare for the worse lor. Nonetheless, I hope u will be able to win the Appeal ! :D

lblittlebear
26-04-2008, 03:12 PM
Bro, I recalled there was a similar case like yours about 2 yrs ago whereby the Husband (Siong-gaporean) went to The New Paper for help.

If I remember correctly, MP (write letter only but will not help), ICS Appeal (Confirm Kena reject), The New Paper print out article (also did not help).

Not trying to discourage you but you have to prepare for the worse lor. Nonetheless, I hope u will be able to win the Appeal ! :D

Yes, I remembered reading something like this. That's why I said doing media to try to blow up the matter will definitely not help.

naemlo
26-04-2008, 07:42 PM
Our marriage was registered in Singapore legally and when applying for long term social visit pass, her past was found out, jailed 6 weeks for false declaration,deported back to Thailand and BANNED from entering Singapore. I was told by ICA officers that i can appeal for the ban.

A bit blur by your above statements. When u ROM? B4 her ban or after?? :rolleyes:

I have already written a appeal letter and plans to seek help from my MP. I hope anyone with have experiences with this kind of case could enlighten me what to do.

Chances are very slim....

Getting a PR is very difficult in Thailand. Unless u r super rich, normal ppl like us can only a apply visa like SG LTVP if marry a Thai ger. Once u reach retirement age then u can apply Retirement Visa in Thailand.

pussyman72
26-04-2008, 08:34 PM
normal ppl like us can only a apply visa like SG LTVP if marry a Thai ger. Once u reach retirement age then u can apply Retirement Visa in Thailand.

aye bro had to have 80k sgd in order to retired there lei n still had to wait till age 50 :p

request for MP to help it not going to be of any help. chance are very slim. one thing i dont get it is why the person marry his wife never check with ICA whether his wife can come down singapore bo?

he could have check before bringing her down to ROM since he already know what the wife use to work here. why no declare? all this can be check if want to do it. :rolleyes:

sgdenon
26-04-2008, 08:43 PM
Personally, I think your MP in your GRC can help to appeal for your case.

If he failed, then go to the Minister's ward who is in charge of ICA.

Best of luck , bro.

naemlo
26-04-2008, 09:07 PM
aye bro had to have 80k sgd in order to retired there lei n still had to wait till age 50 :p

Latest, retire visa is 800kTHB in bank and regular mthly income of 65K THB. :D

Marry a Thai can extend visa to 1 yr n renew every yr, min bank account 400THB. :D

pussyman72
26-04-2008, 10:06 PM
Latest, retire visa is 800kTHB in bank and regular mthly income of 65K THB. :D

Marry a Thai can extend visa to 1 yr n renew every yr, min bank account 400THB. :D

wah jin lor hehehehe 800k baht can achieve but 65k baht how to do lol.

age limit still 50?

naemlo
26-04-2008, 10:11 PM
age limit still 50?

Krup pom. :D

pussyman72
27-04-2008, 01:36 AM
hmm anyway to apply Thai spouse visa also need to show earning of 40k baht per month either u or ur wife.

Thai PR can only get by opening a PTE LTD with a min cap of 2M baht inorder to get a work permit and wait for 2 yrs before applying for PR else get a job and work there for 2 yrs n then apply for PR. :p

Phayao
27-04-2008, 04:48 AM
we decided to get married. Our marriage was registered in Singapore legally and when applying for long term social visit pass, her past was found out, jailed 6 weeks for false declaration,deported back to Thailand and BANNED from entering Singapore. I was told by ICA officers that i can appeal for the ban.

Her past was found out? I think she kanna jail for false declaration in her immigration card right? Can you please confirm this ThreadStarter? The white immigration card right? Which states, "If you have use a different passport with a different name please tick here" Luckly 6 weeks only not 3 years like other people. For one stupid tick also can go to jail.

I remember the case last time which Samster VanGogh spoke about. It was about a Keng Tong or Burmese who use to work in Haytai, than she tried to enter Singapore to work FL with a fake passport. Which I think she kanna U-turn. She was already in the database with an "Undesirable Person" record. So she was banned from entering. But I think the husband implicated his friend also when he tried to bring her in again. I believe this friend of his is a Samster here. I'll try to dig up the thread if I got time. I think his avater is a smiling pig.

Phayao
27-04-2008, 05:02 AM
Ok bro, as promise.

http://www.sammyboyforum.com/legal-geylang-prostitute-scene/68659-anyone-still-keep-contact-8.html#post1977870

united world of indegenous peoples (http://www.uwip.org/index.php?t=art82&p=a)

united world of indegenous peoples (http://www.uwip.org/index.php?t=art76&p=a)

the bro's nick is stiffneck. read what he posts. feel quite sad for him. And it was an akha girl not keng tong.