PDA

View Full Version : New Mobile Skin

sammyboyfor
27-09-2021, 11:29 AM
Have tried my best to give a better mobile experience within the constraints of vbulletin legacy software.

If you have any feedback please put it in this thread.

Thanks.

Naka_Timo
27-09-2021, 02:26 PM
Have tried my best to give a better mobile experience within the constraints of vbulletin legacy software.

If you have any feedback please put it in this thread.

Thanks.

Look good.

sammyboyfor
28-09-2021, 12:08 PM
If I receive no feedback I'll assume that everything is OK so please provide any inputs you wish to convey before I close the books on this project.

The biggest change is to be able to add and deduct reputation points on the mobile skin and also to switch easily between the mobile and the desktop version. Previously people would get stuck in the mobile version and it would be difficult to figure out how to get back to the fully functional desktop layout and vice versa.

teokc278
28-09-2021, 01:36 PM
Very nice, but able to switch colour?

LordVader
28-09-2021, 02:21 PM
If I receive no feedback I'll assume that everything is OK so please provide any inputs you wish to convey before I close the books on this project.

The biggest change is to be able to add and deduct reputation points on the mobile skin and also to switch easily between the mobile and the desktop version. Previously people would get stuck in the mobile version and it would be difficult to figure out how to get back to the fully functional desktop layout and vice versa.

Looks okay to me.

sammyboyfor
28-09-2021, 04:13 PM
Very nice, but able to switch colour?

At the moment colour schemes are low priority. More important is the functionality and content.

If the forum is crap no fancy colour scheme will save it. :p

candeo_88
28-09-2021, 08:50 PM
Looks good bro. Go for it...Agreed that contents more important than cosmetics...:):)

ah rat
28-09-2021, 09:17 PM
If I receive no feedback I'll assume that everything is OK so please provide any inputs you wish to convey before I close the books on this project.The biggest change is to be able to add and deduct reputation points on the mobile skin and also to switch easily between the mobile and the desktop version.

Sam boss, your mobile skin now functionally or wait to close the books on this project then it works.

See that at the add and deduct reputation points using mobile. Can't type words at the your comment on this post.

I have to type words from somewhere.Then copy paste at the your comments on this post. :)

sammyboyfor
29-09-2021, 03:15 AM
Sam boss, your mobile skin now functionally or wait to close the books on this project then it works.

See that at the add and deduct reputation points using mobile. Can't type words at the your comment on this post.

I have to type words from somewhere.Then copy paste at the your comments on this post. :)

I'm sorry I don't understand. Why can't you type comments directly? Please explain?

sammyboyfor
29-09-2021, 03:19 AM

Just added comments without any issues

ah rat
29-09-2021, 06:38 AM
I'm sorry I don't understand. Why can't you type comments directly? Please explain?

Using mobile. Click at the weighing scale.
Its show the reputation box.

Then I click at Your comments on this post:
Can't type comment. The reputation box will disappear.

Can only paste it.

Sam boss, is OK! Just give feedback on it.

It still works.If I type those comments words from somewhere.

Then copy paste at the your comments on this post.

Thanks!

WatssupZ
29-09-2021, 07:49 AM
Boss .. what ah rat said is same as me.. the reputation box will disappear or floated away somewhere. What I did was to press and hold on the balance scale till a pop up box appear and select “open new tab”

sammyboyfor
29-09-2021, 09:02 AM
Boss .. what ah rat said is same as me.. the reputation box will disappear or floated away somewhere. What I did was to press and hold on the balance scale till a pop up box appear and select “open new tab”

But you are not on the mobile skin. That's the full desktop version.

sammyboyfor
29-09-2021, 09:15 AM
That is a long term issue from duno since when. :confused: Think its due mobile browser having compatibility issues with the script for that rep box. Can't type words in the box but can only perform paste of words in the box. Sometime the box appear and when you try to touch its gone. :)

Maybe Sam need to do testing on various mobile browsers. :p

The new mobile skin looks like this...

sammyboyfor
29-09-2021, 09:22 AM
That is a long term issue from duno since when. :confused: Think its due mobile browser having compatibility issues with the script for that rep box. Can't type words in the box but can only perform paste of words in the box. Sometime the box appear and when you try to touch its gone. :)

Maybe Sam need to do testing on various mobile browsers. :p

Can you give me the mobile browser, the version of android and the brand of phone you are using that has this issue.

If you use a different browser is the issue still there?

teokc278
29-09-2021, 03:27 PM
At the moment colour schemes are low priority. More important is the functionality and content.

If the forum is crap no fancy colour scheme will save it. :p

Ok, i am ok with the one mention

sammyboyfor
29-09-2021, 04:16 PM
chrome and puffin. Kindly note I don't use the forum mobile skin version. I usually opt for desktop skin view. :) Don't think mobile brand or android version matter since its been like this for many years or even decade? :confused: 55555.

Think previously there was a few short discussion on this issue before.
https://www.samsforum.com/showthread.php?p=20069517

solution is type else where first then copy paste into the rep box. Can't type directly into the rep box.

ok below you see.

I've done my best to add as much functionality as I can into the mobile version ie adding and subtracting points is now possible.

Previously one had to use the desktop layout to do that.

Will see where else I can improve and hopefully iron out as many bugs as possible.

If only apps for adult sites were allowed on the app store I would have invested in the effort. Unfortunately this will never happen.

sammyboyfor
29-09-2021, 04:34 PM
chrome and puffin. Kindly note I don't use the forum mobile skin version. I usually opt for desktop skin view. :) Don't think mobile brand or android version matter since its been like this for many years or even decade? :confused: 55555.

Think previously there was a few short discussion on this issue before.
https://www.samsforum.com/showthread.php?p=20069517

solution is type else where first then copy paste into the rep box. Can't type directly into the rep box.

ok below you see.

I forgot I have also added quotes, mentions and tags to the mobile version too.

Now when your post is quoted you will receive a notification as well as when someone mentions you ie funboi

SGhappyman
29-09-2021, 05:04 PM
Thanks boss

WatssupZ
30-09-2021, 03:09 PM
But you are not on the mobile skin. That's the full desktop version.

I still prefer to press and hold on the Balance scale till a pop out window appear and select "open link in new tab". This way I can type in the box without fear of it disappearing till I click on submit. :D

sammyboyfor
30-09-2021, 03:27 PM
I still prefer to press and hold on the Balance scale till a pop out window appear and select "open link in new tab". This way I can type in the box without fear of it disappearing till I click on submit. :D

As long as everyone is reasonably satisfied with the functionality that is all I can ask.

The rep system is unique to this forum. It's built into vbulletin but most other forums chose not activate it because of the strife it caused.

I found it to be very useful in the early years. By the time it started being abused by the power hungry it was already too late to get rid of it. Too many members had already invested time and effort in achieving a high reputation. I couldn't just delete the whole function overnight. :D

Zeith
30-09-2021, 04:42 PM

+11 for exchange

ah rat
30-09-2021, 05:34 PM

Bro it works using this method. :)

ah rat
30-09-2021, 05:40 PM
How its works using mobile to add and deduct reputation points.

1) Press and hold on the weighing scale icon.
A window that suddenly appears (pops up)

2) Click at the Open in new tab in group.

3) Click at the Icon.

4) This reputation page appear.

Click at the (Your comments on this post: ) box
Type your comments.
Then click add to reputation icon

SBMEDSUP
30-09-2021, 05:45 PM
Thanks boss for nice work.

WatssupZ
30-09-2021, 07:49 PM
How its works using mobile to add and deduct reputation points.

1) Press and hold on the weighing scale icon.
A window that suddenly appears (pops up)

Well done Bro!. ah rat is a great teacher illustrator.. :D...

WatssupZ
30-09-2021, 07:53 PM
As long as everyone is reasonably satisfied with the functionality that is all I can ask.

The rep system is unique to this forum.

Great forsight boss.. is part of the fun features of this forum. Glad that you retain it. :cool:

WatssupZ
30-09-2021, 08:04 PM

Noted wif tks.. will rtn .. but the queue is long long till jurong.. estimate in 28 days! :eek:

Pls be patient..