PDA

View Full Version : Loophole to enter Thailand.

pre7even
27-08-2020, 12:39 AM
Hi Guys , any loophole method to enter Thailand ? Heard only those on medical tourist , work related can enter . Trying to find an alternative , don’t mind being quarantined for 14 days just to enjoy the remaining 7 days 😭

5ilver
27-08-2020, 01:10 AM
There is no "loophole" per se, but SG has started RGL talks with TH so you may enter Thailand soon if you have a business invitation from a local TH company. The 'medical tourist' program is highly selective so a less pricey procedure such as a dental appointment will not cut it.

Come October, you may travel to Phuket and quarantine in a villa there under their "Safe and Sealed" program for 14 days before they let you out to access other provinces. This is fairly dubious as they also mentioned they may keep you for a further 7 days for a total of 21 days under 'resort quarantine' if your health checks don't clear their criteria. This program may not be available for SG as it seems like it is operated via charter flights only so likely it is directed for Chinese tourists.

Or if you have 500K THB to spare, you can always apply for the basic level Thai Elite visa which grants you 5 years. They are ramping up that program for people like yourself who are willing to pay a premium to get into LOS.

Happyman007
27-08-2020, 01:15 AM
don’t mind being quarantined for 14 days just to enjoy the remaining 7 days 😭

Sure bo, waste hotel money and waste time in 14 days "jail" leh

alpineguy
27-08-2020, 04:19 PM
Any kind of loophole will still result in quarantine one la, it's just whether you have to quarantine long or short nia.

I would be very surprised and worried any country that no need quarantine for any incoming person.

countryman
27-08-2020, 04:23 PM
where got jail. :D Not all hotel can successfully bid to be the quarantine location leh. :p

14 Days in the room, every day go online chat with FLs 培养感情 first. :o Then set the pricing and timing to bombom for next 7 days till no more money no more sperm. :D 精疲力尽

er... come back sg still need quarantine or not ah? 555555

Presently Sinkies still need to be quarantined in SG after your trip to Thailand till further notice.
No one in the right frame of mind will go to Phuket n be lock-up in room to be quarantined for 14days or worse 21days! And u even have to pay for your quarantine stay. People will also think twice about going there even if it's free quarantine stay. LOL

pre7even
27-08-2020, 04:59 PM
Haha looks like I shall give up on this idea. Getting quarantined is not a issue since I can work anywhere . Can give up about going to Phuket in Oct also, Just found out to be quarrantine in Singapore after being back is more costly than going anywhere for your holidays . Effking 2k for SHN facilities + 200 for swab test . GLHF

Happyman007
27-08-2020, 10:16 PM
Come back another 14 days also leh........

14 days in bkk pay around sgd 2k, come back sgd another 14 days pay another 2k plus the over price air ticket and test and approval from thai embassy, think total spending at least 5-6k for all these extra......walau, cannot go geylang or siam disco meh? :p

countryman
28-08-2020, 01:17 AM
Come back another 14 days also leh........

14 days in bkk pay around sgd 2k, come back sgd another 14 days pay another 2k plus the over price air ticket and test and approval from thai embassy, think total spending at least 5-6k for all these extra......walau, cannot go geylang or siam disco meh? :p

Thai gahmen thinking tourists printing $$$ @ home.

5ilver
28-08-2020, 03:11 AM
This program may not be available for SG as it seems like it is operated via charter flights only so likely it is directed for Chinese tourists.

I was wrong about this that they are directing it to Chinese tourists, the charter flights for “Safe and Sealed” are now announced and there will be 6 flights come 1 Oct from England, Germany, Denmark, South Korea, Japan and Hong Kong.

bluetooth
28-08-2020, 11:03 AM
Or if you have 500K THB to spare, you can always apply for the basic level Thai Elite visa which grants you 5 years. They are ramping up that program for people like yourself who are willing to pay a premium to get into LOS.

The last I check Elite Visa also can’t enter. Maybe things changed.

5ilver
28-08-2020, 07:50 PM
The last I check Elite Visa also can’t enter. Maybe things changed.

I think for existing Thai Elite holders who have the visa already affixed in their passport, they can apply for Certificate of Entry to enter Thailand from Thai embassies abroad. It seems Thai Privilege Card Co got the approval on 19 Aug.

But those newly applied members will probably have to wait a few more months as the visa will only be affixed on the first entry into Thailand. Without the visa, one currently can't apply for the Certificate of Entry.

Humlea
31-08-2020, 10:22 AM
I think for existing Thai Elite holders who have the visa already affixed in their passport, they can apply for Certificate of Entry to enter Thailand from Thai embassies abroad. It seems Thai Privilege Card Co got the approval on 19 Aug.

But those newly applied members will probably have to wait a few more months as the visa will only be affixed on the first entry into Thailand. Without the visa, one currently can't apply for the Certificate of Entry.

Huh? then why are they desperately promoting TEV? In my facebook and instagram keep seeing their advertisement like it's the best solution.

draven78eric
31-08-2020, 12:37 PM
Sure bo, waste hotel money and waste time in 14 days "jail" leh

Later kena sway, send him to the issan quarantine quaters...
use Tents...and fan no aircon...:D

bluetooth
31-08-2020, 01:30 PM
Huh? then why are they desperately promoting TEV? In my facebook and instagram keep seeing their advertisement like it's the best solution.

Ads appearing on your Facebook and Instagram feed is fueled by your searches. If you recently have explore and search anything with regards to staying in Thailand it will show up. They used pixels to track your surfing habits and offers adverts similar to what you search for. Like I never like the Shopee fb page or ig but recently I search Shopee for a phone for my gf and suddenly I keep seeing Shopee ads on my feeds. 😅

feral
31-08-2020, 09:46 PM

You can request Thai Elite to send the requisite sticker to the Embassy in your country but it might or might not be done.

feral
31-08-2020, 09:49 PM
I was wrong about this that they are directing it to Chinese tourists, the charter flights for “Safe and Sealed” are now announced and there will be 6 flights come 1 Oct from England, Germany, Denmark, South Korea, Japan and Hong Kong.

News earlier today was this might not get started as planned at all. On the other hand, they also said that a similar program might be started for Koh Samui. I don't think even the government here in Thailand knows what they do at this point. All just talk so far.

Humlea
01-09-2020, 12:19 PM
Ads appearing on your Facebook and Instagram feed is fueled by your searches. If you recently have explore and search anything with regards to staying in Thailand it will show up. They used pixels to track your surfing habits and offers adverts similar to what you search for. Like I never like the Shopee fb page or ig but recently I search Shopee for a phone for my gf and suddenly I keep seeing Shopee ads on my feeds. 😅

I don't need one and don't remember searching about it for the last 3 years... I think they target demograhics like location and language...

5ilver
01-09-2020, 05:03 PM

I think since Thai Privilege Card Co. is a private company so they are also jumping the gun in the hope to hit sales target and betting that they will be able to lobby the Thai govt to also allow those new applicants in soon...

5ilver
01-09-2020, 05:12 PM
News earlier today was this might not get started as planned at all. On the other hand, they also said that a similar program might be started for Koh Samui. I don't think even the government here in Thailand knows what they do at this point. All just talk so far.

Ya they are definitely all over the place now, that new finance minister from K Bank just resigned after less than 1 month for ‘health reasons’... more like cannot take the shock after looking at the books!

Happyman007
02-09-2020, 01:50 PM
Its been months since I hear any update or news from Thailand Health Ministry Anutin Charnvirakul. :rolleyes: I guess he's been busying testing using weeds to make vaccine. :D

https://www.bangkokpost.com/thailand/general/1977631/narcotics-bill-to-be-vetted-soon-anutin

emoney
07-09-2020, 08:43 AM
Too risk ....
Once caught . gg.com

draven78eric
11-09-2020, 11:28 AM
Border might be opening soon with risks plan and measurement taken into account...hopefully by Oct...

feral
11-09-2020, 11:47 AM
Border might be opening soon with risks plan and measurement taken into account...hopefully by Oct...

My understanding of that news from yesterday is they will finalize the plan by the end of October. This is for longer term visitors and it will still require the 14 day quarantine. I think they have no idea what to do.

TonyCheong2
11-09-2020, 12:07 PM
My understanding of that news from yesterday is they will finalize the plan by the end of October. This is for longer term visitors and it will still require the 14 day quarantine. I think they have no idea what to do.

Thailand will want to reopen the borders as soon as possible otherwise protests will continue to increase and economy will collapse.
This is true to all countries globally.
It's almost close to 1 year of border closure for leisure travel! :eek:

Like it or not the Thai government will try to speed up the process unless #10 wants to subsidise the entire Thai economy. :D

draven78eric
11-09-2020, 12:20 PM

Nah the news is out today via bangkok post,if i remembere correctly.
Its not only for the long term stayers...its basically open up for most...but with risk plan and measures in place..well, you cant trusts the thai with plans...:D
But i do very much agree that they really should open up...
Really have to learn to live with the virus...
The virus by now would have mutate till infected person will have no symtoms and if really in worse case, go see doctor and get treated and get well...

feral
12-09-2020, 03:19 AM
Thailand will want to reopen the borders as soon as possible otherwise protests will continue to increase and economy will collapse.
This is true to all countries globally.
It's almost close to 1 year of border closure for leisure travel! :eek:

Like it or not the Thai government will try to speed up the process unless #10 wants to subsidise the entire Thai economy. :D

Agreed, they can't stay shut indefinitely. Practically every inland town I go to is empty these days.

feral
12-09-2020, 03:23 AM
Nah the news is out today via bangkok post,if i remembere correctly.
Its not only for the long term stayers...its basically open up for most...but with risk plan and measures in place..well, you cant trusts the thai with plans...:D
But i do very much agree that they really should open up...
Really have to learn to live with the virus...
The virus by now would have mutate till infected person will have no symtoms and if really in worse case, go see doctor and get treated and get well...

Well, that's good news then!
Yup, can't keep the country sealed off forever. It just has to be dealt with. As you say though, plans and locals... hahaha!

TonyCheong2
12-09-2020, 02:28 PM
Agreed, they can't stay shut indefinitely. Practically every inland town I go to is empty these days.

The economic pressures will force governments to reopen borders eventually with or without a vaccine! :cool:

Malaysia is already lobbying for Jan 2021 full reopening of borders with Singapore.

Singapore has also no intention to draw on any more reserves to bail out companies and workers.

feral
12-09-2020, 04:17 PM
The economic pressures will force governments to reopen borders eventually with or without a vaccine! :cool:

Malaysia is already lobbying for Jan 2021 full reopening of borders with Singapore.

Singapore has also no intention to draw on any more reserves to bail out companies and workers.

Yes, I don't think they have much of a choice, really. That said, another positive case today in Thailand as you might have heard. The guy came to Thailand a month ago but they're insisting he was infected abroad. He did his two weeks of quarantine and now, two weeks later, he tested positive.

feral
12-09-2020, 04:44 PM
5555 Asymptomatic if kana the virus liao the test also can find out one. :rolleyes: Just look at all the FW in sg. Majority of them also asymptomatic. :D

Either the tests are all faulty or this guy after finish quarantine go some place hanky panky. :p

Haha, yes! Impossible to have had it for so long, almost a month, and have so many negative tests.

countryman
12-09-2020, 04:45 PM
5555 Asymptomatic if kana the virus liao the test also can find out one. :rolleyes: Just look at all the FW in sg. Majority of them also asymptomatic. :D

Either the tests are all faulty or this guy after finish quarantine go some place hanky panky. :p

Intentionally left blank

countryman
12-09-2020, 04:53 PM
Yes, I don't think they have much of a choice, really. That said, another positive case today in Thailand as you might have heard. The guy came to Thailand a month ago but they're insisting he was infected abroad. He did his two weeks of quarantine and now, two weeks later, he tested positive.

They'll push the blame to others as usual. Similar case happened in Seoul not long ago where this pax was on transit in SG for a few hrs. When he tested positive in Seoul, they blamed it on SG.
Ridiculous!

draven78eric
13-09-2020, 12:28 PM

Singapore gov cant wait to open up actually but pressure from the people..
But they will for sure open up soon..SIA going down now and is out in the news..and when open up, see... increase in tax comes along too , need to put back the amount taken out...:D

draven78eric
13-09-2020, 12:29 PM
Sounds like the GL thread. :p Everyone keep saying GL should open and will open. 5555 :D

you cant profit from intl level , at least, keep the money run in domestic..

draven78eric
13-09-2020, 12:34 PM

still the same basic rule... No test = No case...
Thats how countries play down their total number of case..
If dare them to do mass testing..then will see all the "excuses" pop out..
I strongly believe there are many infected and without symptoms people around and the virus has mutated as time passed. Even have the chance it has become a normal flu and throat infection which normal medicine can contain with...thats my personal opinion:rolleyes:

TonyCheong2
14-09-2020, 01:41 PM

555. :D

Singapore gov cant wait to open up actually but pressure from the people..
But they will for sure open up soon..SIA going down now and is out in the news..and when open up, see... increase in tax comes along too, need to put back the amount taken out...:D

SIA is a big dinosaur still thinking they are too big to fail.
It's about time they restructure.

As usual only know how to follow but cannot improvise fast enough.
Some airlines have already started flights to nowhere since early August. :rolleyes:

draven78eric
15-09-2020, 12:10 PM
555. :D

SIA is a big dinosaur still thinking they are too big to fail.
It's about time they restructure.

As usual only know how to follow but cannot improvise fast enough.
Some airlines have already started flights to nowhere since early August. :rolleyes:

In a storm, a big tree can be out with roots but and a seed can be blown or swept away by floods to another place and once the storm is over, the seed starts to grow and the big tree lying there starts to rot..
Never say never...:D

cokekane
15-10-2020, 12:03 AM
recent update: https://www.bangkokpost.com/thailand/general/2001023?fbclid=IwAR3m2qyEoeI86S3hOK16_Y153ElLqB7d3 TthJLeravK_i1zD873B3njhWNc

alpineguy
16-10-2020, 12:50 AM
https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/singapore/covid-19-singapore-hong-kong-air-travel-bubble-agreement-13285802

You can hope they arrange one with Thailand like they did for HK lor.

cokekane
16-10-2020, 11:25 AM
er.... got typo sibo? which idiot will stay at home for 14 days performing self-quarantine then on actual day rush to airport and go Thailand? :confused: 5555

Like that might as well WFH 14 days.... :rolleyes:

If this is not a typo, it's one big loophole for us.. we don't need to burn 14days there liao 5555

nirvana123
18-10-2020, 01:57 PM
whether got travel bubble or not, or later like HK can open up for leisure travel, check your travel insurance got cover anot lor. Because during normal times, even you normal sickness kena hospitalized in Thailand, you also have to pay our of your own pocket as a foreigner unless covered by insurance. Now of course not worth it because although can get business travel, you kena anything is definitely your own cost and quarantine definitely your own cost cos you choose to go despite warning, that is why nobody is travelling unless really really really really necessary.

Devanci
21-11-2020, 05:19 PM
Anyone going to try flying to HK first and then fly to bkk, but then stamp on a piece of paper and not on the passport and fly back to HK. Once reach back HK, dispose the piece of stamped 2ways thailand travel proof and proceed back to SG?

5ilver
22-11-2020, 01:35 PM
Anyone going to try flying to HK first and then fly to bkk, but then stamp on a piece of paper and not on the passport and fly back to HK. Once reach back HK, dispose the piece of stamped 2ways thailand travel proof and proceed back to SG?

What are you talking about? :confused:

First of all SG-HK travel bubble is postponed, secondly there is no travel bubble between HK and Thailand. Whatever restrictions one may face in entering Thailand from Singapore, similar applies to a traveler from HK.

And what do you mean by stamp on paper and not passport :confused:

TonyCheong2
22-11-2020, 10:24 PM

He think he's going to Dannok in stealth mode mah! :rolleyes:

Don't believe can ask khun Yokosi. :p

countryman
23-11-2020, 12:36 AM

Why so troublesome? U can go to Bangkok from Sinkapor also as long as u fulfill what's required by the Thai authorities.. No difference for HK travellers to Thailand also I believed.

Devanci
23-11-2020, 02:27 AM
What are you talking about? :confused:

First of all SG-HK travel bubble is postponed, secondly there is no travel bubble between HK and Thailand. Whatever restrictions one may face in entering Thailand from Singapore, similar applies to a traveler from HK.

I see, I thought travel bubble is only Singapore and HK the other country may use their own system.
What I mean by stamp on paper and not on passport, I give you an example, I have been to Israel, and when I was there, they gave me an option to either stamp on my passport or an empty piece of paper. At that time I was confused as well like you, I asked them why do I need to stamp on an empty piece of paper and not on passport, the immigration officer responded that if I were to visit a muslim country for example Iran, Lebanon or even Malaysia, I may face difficulty into entering one country or get deported in worst case scenario, by stamping on the piece of paper, I actually can throw it away right after I leave Isreal without leaving any evidence that I have been to Isreal should I enter into a muslim country.

So my question is if I were to do it with Thailand via HK would it be possible for leisure purposes. I am not sure if anyone had done it, but well, would like to here from someone who had done it before.

Devanci
23-11-2020, 02:29 AM
Why so troublesome? U can go to Bangkok from Sinkapor also as long as u fulfill what's required by the Thai authorities.. No difference for HK travellers to Thailand also I believed.

But now cannot go Thailand for leisure purposes, so I wonder if anyone had plan to try the HK-Thailand route to get into Thailand.

5ilver
23-11-2020, 10:04 PM
What I mean by stamp on paper and not on passport, I give you an example, I have been to Israel, and when I was there, they gave me an option to either stamp on my passport or an empty piece of paper.

I’m afraid your Israel experience is an exception rather than a rule, most countries do not offer such a “chop on paper” option... Israel knows very well that there are certain countries (e.g. our neighbors just across the Causeway) who do not recognize them - and having their entry stamp on a traveler’s passport can invalidate that passport for further travel to some of these countries.

Anyway, leisure travel from Singapore to Thailand is now allowed (by Thailand) - you just have to apply for the appropriate visa and be willing to pay all the additional expenses (quarantine on arrival in Thailand, quarantine on return to Singapore).

If you are to travel bubble to Hong Kong, you would still have to apply for a tourist visa to enter Thailand (and similarly you will still have to quarantine on arrival in Thailand, and quarantine on return to Hong Kong). No difference if you were to head to Thailand direct from Singapore.

Devanci
24-11-2020, 12:40 PM
Israel is special case leh cuz whole arab aka muslim countries anti them thats why they offer stamp on paper instead of passport for travelers. :) Cuz those anti countries see the stamp they not happy thinking you 007 5555.

Worth it or not? If go jail for fuck sake is mai siao siao 55555

Not only Isreal, there are a few more countries (non arab) that also offers that. Anyway, surely not all countries offers, but can request upon arrival. I don't think they will reject since it is getting a stamp in that is the most important, the risk is the lost of the paper if one should want it to be stamped on the paper instead of the passport. Anyway this topic is about loophole, so I am curious whether anyone is going to try it out my idea, but then the travel bubble with HK is also suspended, sian

Yokosi
25-11-2020, 11:03 PM
He think he's going to Dannok in stealth mode mah! :rolleyes:

Don't believe can ask khun Yokosi. :p

Hello TonyCheong2,

Why bring my name up ?.

To go to LOS, Singkies must get out of the little red dot.
In another country, such as Boleh land, try getting into LOS. How, ah ?.
1. Go to Langkawi. Take illegal motor boat to Satun.
2. Go to Rantau Panjang, but the border closed by razor wires, tight security there but local people can illegally smuggled you to Sungai Golok by a boat.
3. Go to Padang Besat, in Bolehland, at night sneaked across barded wires into Pekan Siam.
4. Go to Bukit Kayu Hitam. Be bold, spent money, truck drivers can smuggled you across into Danok.

All are illegal means to get into LOS. Any one of you wanna try any of the above to save the Thai economy and the syt puyings.

TonyCheong2
28-11-2020, 10:57 PM
Why bring my name up?

All are illegal means to get into LOS. Any one of you wanna try any of the above to save the Thai economy and the syt puyings.

Sawasdee kharp/sabai dee khun Yokosi! :D

Of course must bring your name up because you'll always have "think out of the box" solutions mah. :p

Really kum dong with your affection for Thailand! :o
At this crucial time under extended MCO you're still very concerned for Thai economy and puyings! :eek:

Tiagong ACE also dead liao. :p

Devanci
02-12-2020, 05:33 PM
Hello TonyCheong2,

Why bring my name up ?.

To go to LOS, Singkies must get out of the little red dot.
In another country, such as Boleh land, try getting into LOS. How, ah ?.
1. Go to Langkawi. Take illegal motor boat to Satun.
2. Go to Rantau Panjang, but the border closed by razor wires, tight security there but local people can illegally smuggled you to Sungai Golok by a boat.
3. Go to Padang Besat, in Bolehland, at night sneaked across barded wires into Pekan Siam.
4. Go to Bukit Kayu Hitam. Be bold, spent money, truck drivers can smuggled you across into Danok.

Very good idea, thanks bro,
Anyway, there was one time I was passing from Bakit Hitam across to Thailand, and they were flipping around my passport, I was a little nervous and ask them what are you looking for, they told me, money. :p
Now need to think of ways to get from Singapore to Malaysia before your ideas can be executed.

hoosdathu
06-12-2020, 09:00 PM
imho, as long as vaccine not confirmed and available readily to everyone, there'll be no recreational travel like last time...

just the weeks of quarantine alone, before and after the trip, already use up all the average worker's annual leave liao :o
not worth it...

Devanci
09-12-2020, 03:13 AM
If you willing to do that then getting from Sgp to malaysia should be as simple as hiring a fisherman to get you to some point where you can scuba to the Malaysian side "James Bond" style

Since it is almost impossible to get thru or I would say complicated, I would just stay at home at this time being. :p:p

cokekane
01-03-2021, 08:42 PM
update for u guys

Measures for vaccinated visitors would be introduced step-by-step and could include shortening the mandatory quarantine for all arrivals from two weeks to three days for those vaccinated, or waiving it entirely, Tourism Authority of Thailand (TAT) governor Yuthasak Supasorn said.

source:

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/asia/thailand-covid-19-vaccine-passport-welcome-tourists-q3-2021-14272164

will u go take the vaccine now?

another issue is... come back sg need quarantine or not, if we are vaccinated

TonyCheong2
02-03-2021, 10:31 AM
Wow hopefully no need to use loophole to enter Thailand soon! :p

countryman
03-03-2021, 01:46 AM
update for u guys

source:

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/asia/thailand-covid-19-vaccine-passport-welcome-tourists-q3-2021-14272164

will u go take the vaccine now?

another issue is... come back sg need quarantine or not, if we are vaccinated

Yes, main issue is still the 14days QO upon arrival back to SG n need to fork out 2k+ for your QO stay!

cokekane
17-03-2021, 03:59 PM
Update:

https://www.google.com.sg/amp/s/www.businesstimes.com.sg/consumer/personal-travel-will-return-from-second-half-of-2021-iata-chief%3famp

donno how true, just an update for further discussion

yattrium
08-04-2021, 11:38 AM
waiting for vaccine passport to be implemented so no need for quarantine.