PDA

View Full Version : Help for travelling to china

cavemao
29-07-2007, 01:33 AM
hi all, going to travel to china on 4 august (next saturday) for 3 weeks and would like to get some advice. i got a visa the other day (not sure if its necessary since i'm only there for 21 days but i got it just in case), now problem is i'm flying to shenzhen and then i wanna enter into hong kong to sight see from there, do i need a visa or anything?

so it means:

singapore ----> shenzhen (stay here one/two days) ----> hongkong (stay here one week)

do i need a visa to do this??? anyone can advise me?

xxxdreamer
29-07-2007, 01:47 AM
if i m not wrong......if ur stay in china is more den 15days u need a visa for ur trip......as for ur trip frm shenzhen to hong kong ,u dun need another visa.:)

LavaLamp
29-07-2007, 02:47 AM
singapore ----> shenzhen (stay here one/two days) ----> hongkong (stay here one week)

Stay in China for more than 14 days confirm need visa.

However for your case, you might need not Visa for the first entry into Shenzhen cos you only stay for one/two days.

After you at HK for one week, you can apply for Visa to enter China again if your re-entry stay is more than 14 days.

Any expert can comment ?

mebirdie
29-07-2007, 09:10 AM
He have not said which passport is he using.
For singapore passport there should not any problem. :p

Rof|maoxz
29-07-2007, 09:11 AM
He have not said which passport is he using.
For singapore passport there should not any problem. :p

You bery free tdy hor? :rolleyes:

PRC Lover
29-07-2007, 09:25 AM

U lagi free, so many posts liao.

Anyway even if staying in China not exceeding 14 but more than 10 days, it is always goog to apply for visa. you never know when flights get cancelled or postponed ...

mebirdie
29-07-2007, 09:36 AM

Preparing for attack next week. So you got off day next week? :p

Rof|maoxz
29-07-2007, 09:45 AM
Preparing for attack next week. So you got off day next week? :p

Muz be after 14th. What abt you?

mebirdie
29-07-2007, 09:52 AM
Muz be after 14th. What abt you?

After 14th???
I thought valentine day only on 14-Feb???

My project almost finished within this 2 days. Will be out of job and free for some time. :p

Probably can take carlsberg on tuesday same place same time. :D

Rof|maoxz
29-07-2007, 11:27 AM
After 14th???
I thought valentine day only on 14-Feb???

My project almost finished within this 2 days. Will be out of job and free for some time. :p

Probably can take carlsberg on tuesday same place same time. :D

Onz you lah!!

pokeman71
29-07-2007, 11:30 AM
Personal experience.

When you face beggars, do not give them. If you give one, all will crowd again you.

Happy travel happy bonking.

Rof|maoxz
29-07-2007, 11:43 AM
Personal experience.

When you face beggars, do not give them. If you give one, all will crowd again you.

Good point to note. ;)

Hanxinco88
29-07-2007, 11:50 AM
Personal experience.

when a begger clings on to your legs, make sure u shake him off and give him a good kick....to show the rest...if not all of them will cling on to you unless you give them some money...my encounter in Beijing....

cavemao
29-07-2007, 01:39 PM
Personal experience.

thanks bro for the advice! i got warned about this before......

when a begger clings on to your legs, make sure u shake him off and give him a good kick....to show the rest...if not all of them will cling on to you unless you give them some money...my encounter in Beijing....

i think shake off good enough leh give him a kick later they gangbang me den i siao liaoz........

Stay in China for more than 14 days confirm need visa.

However for your case, you might need not Visa for the first entry into Shenzhen cos you only stay for one/two days.

After you at HK for one week, you can apply for Visa to enter China again if your re-entry stay is more than 14 days.

Any expert can comment ?

ya i'm using singapore passport, i already got a visa to go shenzhen but i read on the lonely planet travel guide if i go hong kong from shenzhena and want to go back in again i need a multi entry visa... iirc my visa is only single entry to china sianz........ think tomorrow need to go china embassy again liao........or else next saturday flying off then too late lol

no_faith
29-07-2007, 03:46 PM
honest speaking or offensively, if a newb/juz joined ask such qns, comments such as
pls post @ right section, pls read b4 posting, pls refer to..., tio zap etc.

but now???:confused:

anyway, enjoy ur holidays bro.;)

horsebite
29-07-2007, 04:08 PM
hi all, going to travel to china on 4 august (next saturday) for 3 weeks and would like to get some advice. i got a visa the other day (not sure if its necessary since i'm only there for 21 days but i got it just in case), now problem is i'm flying to shenzhen and then i wanna enter into hong kong to sight see from there, do i need a visa or anything?

so it means:

How time flies. You finally going over....seem not to long ago that you mentioned about visiting. Have fun.

I msg Zhen the other day. send her regards.:)

betweenus21
29-07-2007, 04:29 PM
no visa needed if u r a singaporean - but malaysian do need visa for china/shenhzen

pokeman71
29-07-2007, 09:08 PM
Good point to note. ;)

Thank you bro. Dun Mention we are BROs

cavemao
30-07-2007, 09:17 AM
How time flies. You finally going over....seem not to long ago that you mentioned about visiting. Have fun.

I msg Zhen the other day. send her regards.:)

wah i knew u sure make an appearance on my thread one kekekeke i not going to see her lah she too busy saving her house from the floods (not kidding you) heard her place located in one of the hardest hit areas.....

cavemao
30-07-2007, 09:18 AM
honest speaking or offensively, if a newb/juz joined ask such qns, comments such as
pls post @ right section, pls read b4 posting, pls refer to..., tio zap etc.

but now???:confused:

anyway, enjoy ur holidays bro.

to be honest i was expecting to tio zap must thank all those who gave advice and the lao jiao for shou xia liu qing..... :D

1sex
30-07-2007, 09:43 AM
if i not wrong retune back to sz not need visa.

hellwarrior666
30-07-2007, 10:55 AM
As i am currently staying in shenzhen what you need to do is not to get a visa. In your case just come to shenzhen and stay a few days then go over to hk for your sight seeing trip after which you can come back to shenzhen again. Every trip to china you must not stay for more than 14 days. You can stay in hk for 90 days with one passport chop and china for 14 days. once you leave PRC and come back again its another 14 days.

Have a good trip!!!:cool:

surfer888
30-07-2007, 04:32 PM
ya i'm using singapore passport, i already got a visa to go shenzhen but i read on the lonely planet travel guide if i go hong kong from shenzhena and want to go back in again i need a multi entry visa... iirc my visa is only single entry to china sianz........ think tomorrow need to go china embassy again liao........or else next saturday flying off then too late lol

Don't think there are Single Entry Visas to China for a Sing PP. Minimum is Double Entry. Check your Visa again. Also, I think Multiple entry visas are usually not granted unless you have had a few limited entry visas before. I've had 3 dual entries before I was granted an unlimited. Anyway, things change in China so often, not sure what the status quo is now.

Nevertheless, you can return to China as long as your second entry/stay does not exceed 14 days.

cavemao
30-07-2007, 11:39 PM
As i am currently staying in shenzhen what you need to do is not to get a visa. In your case just come to shenzhen and stay a few days then go over to hk for your sight seeing trip after which you can come back to shenzhen again. Every trip to china you must not stay for more than 14 days. You can stay in hk for 90 days with one passport chop and china for 14 days. once you leave PRC and come back again its another 14 days.

Have a good trip!!!:cool:

WOAH, finally a bro who can provide first hand info :D thanks so much man!!! bro can recommend any COOLING place to visit in august seems like its damn hot everywhere there now (other than haerbin i think).....

Don't think there are Single Entry Visas to China for a Sing PP. Minimum is Double Entry. Check your Visa again. Also, I think Multiple entry visas are usually not granted unless you have had a few limited entry visas before. I've had 3 dual entries before I was granted an unlimited. Anyway, things change in China so often, not sure what the status quo is now.

Nevertheless, you can return to China as long as your second entry/stay does not exceed 14 days.

not sure mine is wat category, under the category only chop one alphabet "L" haha dunno wat it means also......

hellwarrior666
30-07-2007, 11:52 PM
think its better if you stay indoors coz everywhere is damn hot but you can go shopping and get a good massage in one of the many health centres around (clean ones). or go ice skating lor... thats one place i can think of thats coool!! hahaa...:D

FerrariF1
31-07-2007, 12:32 AM

Sometimes they are distracting you while others rob you blind... be careful :cool:

cavemao
31-07-2007, 09:11 AM
Sometimes they are distracting you while others rob you blind... be careful :cool:

WAH :eek: so jia lat ah???????????? think i better avoid the clubbing areas too then...........

you guys think i should keep the passport in a hotel safe or bring it around??????? hotel safe also dunno really safe or not lol

Looksee
31-07-2007, 10:40 AM
WAH :eek: so jia lat ah???????????? think i better avoid the clubbing areas too then...........

you guys think i should keep the passport in a hotel safe or bring it around??????? hotel safe also dunno really safe or not lol

first time in china?

travelling alone?

u only gg to HK and SZ nia?

starless
31-07-2007, 11:07 AM
Got other places to recommend??

:p

first time in china?

travelling alone?

u only gg to HK and SZ nia?

trefyes
31-07-2007, 11:10 AM
Sorry to borrow this thread...;) I'll be going to Beijing on 6Aug for a week. Any recommendation for a good bonk sessions?:p

Looksee
31-07-2007, 11:25 AM
Sorry to borrow this thread...;) I'll be going to Beijing on 6Aug for a week. Any recommendation for a good bonk sessions?:p

there is a Beijing thread over at the International Forum, go and read......

surfer888
31-07-2007, 11:56 AM
not sure mine is wat category, under the category only chop one alphabet "L" haha dunno wat it means also......

The line Next to category "L" shows "Entries". It normally shows 02 (二) for new visa owners. For multiple entries, it shows M (多).

hellwarrior666
31-07-2007, 12:01 PM

wah lau eh shenzhen not so jia lat lah... put your passport in the safe in the room coz it might just melt in the hot weather! hahahaa... clubbing areas are pretty safe as their patrons mostly come from hk thus they will have to make sure the place is safe so that people will come back mah...:cool:

cavemao
31-07-2007, 05:59 PM
The line Next to category "L" shows "Entries". It normally shows 02 (二) for new visa owners. For multiple entries, it shows M (多).

alamak mine says 01 nia lol....... ya btw i'll be making a trip to beijing and yunnan too if i got time.......

wah lau eh shenzhen not so jia lat lah... put your passport in the safe in the room coz it might just melt in the hot weather! hahahaa... clubbing areas are pretty safe as their patrons mostly come from hk thus they will have to make sure the place is safe so that people will come back mah...:cool:

good to hear first hand tat sz is not tat jia lat lol...... i'll take your advice and leave it in the hotel safe i guess :D

rapebill
31-07-2007, 06:56 PM
cavemao, if you want to cheong, suggest you go to zhuhai, which is a 1hr boat-ride away from SZ.

old_yet_horny
31-07-2007, 10:38 PM
Bro TS...

SZ now very hot leh.. suggest u go take more cooling dips at those bath house at Chun Feng Lu..After that go She Kuo at night for beers.. As for FLs.. plenty of KTs on the road side where the OKT runners kept pushing namecards to you.

If $$ is not a problem go try Macau Clubs..
DG is like cowboy town and fit those who are rough and tough..

Good Luck in SZ..

noodleking
03-08-2007, 02:31 AM
Anyone knows the process of getting a visa extension in GZ?
Can we do it ourself or better to use a travel agent?
How much and how long?

sam2929
03-08-2007, 11:07 AM
alamak mine says 01 nia lol....... ya btw i'll be making a trip to beijing and yunnan too if i got time.......

good to hear first hand tat sz is not tat jia lat lol...... i'll take your advice and leave it in the hotel safe i guess :D

Hi Bro Cavemao,
I have travelled to SZ and DG a few times, that was the local or expatriate advise,
1. Pls do not go out of hotel alone.
2. Do not walk to those isolated area.
3. Do not wear luxury clothing or accessories.
4. Go clubbing where located in the hotel, in case the hostess play you, you can complain to the management. For outside club house no one will help you.

There are plenty pretty girls in SZ KTV or club...
Pls find out the tip system...
Enjoy yourself.... have a nice trip;)

cavemao
03-08-2007, 11:11 PM
cavemao, if you want to cheong, suggest you go to zhuhai, which is a 1hr boat-ride away from SZ.

brother rapebill, thanks! will write this down and keep in mind

Bro TS...

SZ now very hot leh.. suggest u go take more cooling dips at those bath house at Chun Feng Lu..After that go She Kuo at night for beers.. As for FLs.. plenty of KTs on the road side where the OKT runners kept pushing namecards to you.

If $$ is not a problem go try Macau Clubs..
DG is like cowboy town and fit those who are rough and tough..

Good Luck in SZ..

WOW thanks man!! i was about to ask where i can go to cool myself down cos i think its super hot over there now.....

Hi Bro Cavemao,
I have travelled to SZ and DG a few times, that was the local or expatriate advise,
1. Pls do not go out of hotel alone.
2. Do not walk to those isolated area.
3. Do not wear luxury clothing or accessories.
4. Go clubbing where located in the hotel, in case the hostess play you, you can complain to the management. For outside club house no one will help you.

There are plenty pretty girls in SZ KTV or club...
Pls find out the tip system...
Enjoy yourself.... have a nice trip;)

Brother sam2929, i'll definitely bear point 1 and 2 in mind. Can elaborate abit more?? I'm quite scared about security there myself actually :o