PDA

View Full Version : hiv transmission by prostitutes

lohwengkuen
24-07-2007, 10:41 AM
why do many people get HIV by prostitutes?i mean i though wearing caps r safe n why still many people kana?

no_faith
24-07-2007, 12:25 PM
caps are not 100% safe.
or there are physical contact through open wounds.
i might be wrong.

alternatively, u can wait for others to give u better advice.

peace

sammyboyfor
24-07-2007, 12:59 PM
why do many people get HIV by prostitutes?i mean i though wearing caps r safe n why still many people kana?

Contrary to popular belief, the majority of HIV positive people did not catch the infection when having protected sex with prostitutes.

They caught the infection by having unprotected casual sex.

nawtgree
24-07-2007, 01:49 PM
u mean unprotected sex but not with pros?

lohwengkuen
24-07-2007, 01:58 PM
Contrary to popular belief, the majority of HIV positive people did not catch the infection when having protected sex with prostitutes.

They caught the infection by having unprotected casual sex.

i see.....does that means majority of those kenena hiv by prostitutes,they usually tell sex workers don put cap ha.is that why it explain the recent rise in hiv cases?

AfA_hmor
24-07-2007, 11:20 PM
ppl tend to think as long as the girl is not a prostitute, the girl is 'safer' or 'cleaner', so they end up don't use a condom. Or they use things like pill contraceptives to prevent pregnancy. but they don't think of STIs or HIV, cuz this girl is presumed to be 'safe'. Which is actually a risky thinking, cuz if the girl sleep around alot and has lots of unprotected sex, one is more likely to catch something from the girl. vs. having protected sex with a prostitute.

Condoms helps to protect you from getting some STIs, provided they are used properly and consistently. If the condom breaks, it becomes unprotected sex.

AfA_hmor
24-07-2007, 11:24 PM
i see.....does that means majority of those kenena hiv by prostitutes,they usually tell sex workers don put cap ha.is that why it explain the recent rise in hiv cases?

that's possible. If a condom is used every time, and used properly. It's very unlikely to get HIV. It could also be that these people have had HIV for some time already, just that now they are getting tested and finding out.

GrimmJow
25-07-2007, 12:24 AM
Some of the ONS you pick up at the pubs can be nastier then the WLs you meet. Don't ever think that they are safe. Always use protection!!

JackFK21
25-07-2007, 06:30 PM
Hi Bros, can a person catch HIV virus from unprotected oral sex (Blow job) ?? I believe most of the pros just do the BBJ thing without have any Condom ON. Raw BJ work. Anyone can advise?

sammyboyfor
26-07-2007, 04:12 AM
Hi Bros, can a person catch HIV virus from unprotected oral sex (Blow job) ?? I believe most of the pros just do the BBJ thing without have any Condom ON. Raw BJ work. Anyone can advise?

Oral sex is dangerous. You can catch HIV along with all sorts of other nasties.

AfA_hmor
26-07-2007, 09:30 AM

BBBJ can catch HIV or not? Can.
Likely to catch HIV or not? So far BBBJ is considered low risk if want to compare with fj or aj. BBBJ easier to catch all the other STIs, some can be cured, some cannot be cured.

lohwengkuen
26-07-2007, 10:17 AM
the record rise of hiv infection,how usually they got it???i though prositution is most common?n people who use condoms,why they still kenena???

Kunotz
26-07-2007, 10:32 AM
Safest is abstain from casual sex paid or otherwise ..... no 100% guarantee of safe once you engage in C sex

no_faith
26-07-2007, 12:26 PM
.....n people who use condoms,why they still kenena???
Condoms do not guranatee 100% safe., it only reduce the risk.

JackFK21
27-07-2007, 09:30 AM
Thanks, BOSS Sammyboy & AfA hmor for your advice. We shall always with Condom cap ON on every visit to prostitutes....for safer side.

One more question, can a person catch STD from body massage & Hand Job ?? Because the whole body massage are contacting with each other skins hardly....if the person have STD, can i got infected also (eg. herpes or otehrs) ??

duntellu
27-07-2007, 09:34 AM
In any cases, engaging this kind of services, there always risk involved.

soberguy
27-07-2007, 10:38 AM
ppl tend to think as long as the girl is not a prostitute, the girl is 'safer' or 'cleaner', so they end up don't use a condom. Or they use things like pill contraceptives to prevent pregnancy. but they don't think of STIs or HIV, cuz this girl is presumed to be 'safe'. Which is actually a risky thinking, cuz if the girl sleep around alot and has lots of unprotected sex, one is more likely to catch something from the girl. vs. having protected sex with a prostitute.

Precisely! I don't understand why some ppl frowl on those who go for commercial sex where precaution are most likely taken compared with those who have casual sex with their safer partner they picked up.

I know one syt who has STD from her ex bf who happened to have casual sex partners.

KatoeyLover69
27-07-2007, 06:31 PM
Report from Today newspaper dated Friday 27 July 2007 :-

Faster HIV tests at more places

For more details, please go to :-

http://www.todayonline.com/articles/202529.asp

block11
27-07-2007, 07:47 PM
Report from Today newspaper dated Friday 27 July 2007 :-

Faster HIV tests at more places

http://www.todayonline.com/articles/202529.asp

similar article here with a pic of the test kit: http://www.channelnewsasia.com/stories/singaporelocalnews/view/290686/1/.html :cool:

KatoeyLover69
28-07-2007, 05:52 PM
Report from The New Paper dated Saturday 28 July 2007 :-

MOH to allow more clinics to conduct anonymous HIV tests - Are we ready to handle more cases?

HIV is Singapore's little secret - but it's about to change.

For years, we have been in the dark about how many people have been infected.

It could be one in 350, according to the Ministry of Health. Or it could be about 2,000 - also Government figures. The World Health Organisation estimates 5,500.

The problem is: Once HIV is detected, doctors are obliged to inform the Ministry of Health (MOH) that a person is infected.

So people don't go for tests because they don't want anybody to know. All this may change soon.

Yesterday, the MOH told The New Paper that there may be more channels for anonymous testing.

Doctors won't have to record the names of patients who go for tests. If patients test positive, they can continue to be treated under the same veil of privacy.

There are now three places for anonymous testing - the Action for Aids anonymous test site at Kelantan Lane, and two GP clinics, Anteh Dispensary in Geylang and Cambridge Clinic in Chinatown.

An MOH spokesman said: 'MOH is encouraged that an increasing number of people have been coming forward for HIV testing at these sites.'

The spokesman added: 'Meanwhile, MOH is planning to allow the use of rapid HIV test kits in other medical clinics.'

Dr Tan Sze Wee, a medical doctor who runs a listed bio-tech firm, supports the change. His firm supplies Oraquick, a rapid test for HIV which uses a person's saliva, rather than blood.

This is the test used in the two GP clinics.

Dr Tan revealed that half of those who went for the anonymous tests said they did so because they could remain anonymous.

'The people going for tests are your typical uncle,' he said.

He pointed to the results of a survey on 338 patients at the two clinics.

Of these, 89 per cent were men under 40, with 82 per cent being Chinese and 61 per cent were single. Most - 97 per cent - were heterosexuals.

Dr Tan said that with more available outlets, more are likely to go for tests because 'there isn't this stigma associated with going to designated places'.

The New Paper had written in January this year that anonymous testing should be made more widely available, simply because better numbers will help us get a better grip of the problem.

Now that anonymous testing is allowed, we had better be prepared for it.

Suppose, with this move, more people get tested and more cases are discovered, then what next?
--- KatoeyNewsNetwork

http://newpaper.asia1.com.sg/news/story/0,4136,137053,00.html?

Kyser Soze
05-08-2007, 07:54 PM
One more question, can a person catch STD from body massage & Hand Job ?? Because the whole body massage are contacting with each other skins hardly....if the person have STD, can i got infected also (eg. herpes or otehrs) ??
HIV is transmitted through body fluids. Not likely body massage and hand job is possible for transmission.

JackFK21
06-08-2007, 10:52 AM
Do you think silava could transmit also? Recently i have deep kiss with a pros and i have ulcer in my mouth , if she got HIV or others STD, will i get infected ? Kind of worries....

sammyboyfor
06-08-2007, 12:17 PM
Do you think silava could transmit also? Recently i have deep kiss with a pros and i have ulcer in my mouth , if she got HIV or others STD, will i get infected ? Kind of worries....

You frenched a whore???? Yucks!:eek: That sounds really disgusting.:rolleyes:

Fortunately, you are at very low risk of catching HIV. However, other STDs are a distinct possibility.

I would suggest that you refrain from kissing prostitutes. Do you know how many dicks that mouth has sucked over the years!!!!!!!!

JackFK21
06-08-2007, 01:46 PM
She really love to french kissing me, in fact i hv tried to hold myself not to use my tongue into her mouth but we may exchanged saliva. I can't really hold myself NOT to kiss her coz she really very pretty, like model & movie star. She is like my dream girl.....!! :p

Damm....i might catched some STDs. Do i need to wait for 1~2 months to see the symptoms? Any test can be done for STDs?:confused:

sammyboyfor
06-08-2007, 01:53 PM
Damm....i might catched some STDs. Do i need to wait for 1~2 months to see the symptoms? Any test can be done for STDs?:confused:

Many STDs are asymptotic. You should get yourself tested asap.:eek:

vangerz
06-08-2007, 09:32 PM
i heard from sumwhere, but forgot where that:
protected sex (i.e. condoms) only prevent pregnancy,
however the STD germs are smaller than sperms so they can pass through
the condom, which is only made to prevent sperms.

just my 2 cents worth.

Chemical.Ali
07-08-2007, 07:06 PM

:confused: :confused:
I don't think so...a condom will not allow anything to pass through. It's those areas not covered by the condom that is open to those STD that spreads via body fluid.

AfA_hmor
08-08-2007, 12:51 AM
i heard from sumwhere, but forgot where that:
protected sex (i.e. condoms) only prevent pregnancy,

just my 2 cents worth.

that is not true. Latex condoms are impermeable, they do not allow sperm, bacteria or viruses to pass through the. Condoms have been found to be an effective barrier to diseases such as Hep B, chlamydia, gonorrhea, HIV/AIDS amongst many others. The failure reported with condom use is often due to user failure rather than product failure. Condoms have played a vital role in the dramatic drop of the number of STI infections in Thai sex workers, from 400,000 to 30,000 after 5 years (This is a classic case study, you can look up WHO or do a google search).

The information you read about, is likely to have come from certain religious groups who are trying very hard to promote abstinence. What is sad is that they use inaccurate information.

bonkers69
14-08-2007, 01:10 PM
some info here : http://health-fanatics.blogspot.com/

sinbad01
17-08-2007, 08:51 PM
For the anonymous testing i thought from another thread, though the other 2 clinics provide but still got to register at counters?

KatoeyLover69
18-08-2007, 04:41 PM
Report from The New Paper dated Saturday 18 August 2007 :-

Almost zero, and it's worrying - Many heterosexual men still ignorant of sex-related diseases

THE ignorance is staggering. Many men infected with HIV know almost nothing about sexually-transmitted infections (STIs) and HIV/Aids before they get infected.
According to Mr Lionel Lee, executive director of Action for Aids (Afa), focus group interviews among HIV-positive heterosexual men revealed that their level of knowledge of STIs and HIV "was almost zero".
It is a worrying lapse that Afa hopes to address in a campaign, to be launched this weekend.
With prominent stickers at ferry terminals, outreach programmes in red light districts and flyers inside clubs, it is one of the most high profile and large-scale attempts yet to target heterosexual men at the venues where commercial or unprotected sex is likely to take place.
The "I am Responsible" campaign will communicate the importance of taking responsibility and adopting safer-sex practices, and going for regular STI/HIV screening, said Mr Lee.
Afa will also work with Indonesian non-governmental organisations on a
campaign on the Riau Islands — a notoriously popular sex haunt with Singaporean men.
A record 357 Singapore residents were diagnosed with HIV last year, up 12.6 per cent from 317 cases in 2005. Of the new cases, about 91 per cent were males. Heterosexual men, contrary to common perception, still form the bulk of HIV-cases here. Last year, 60 per cent of the HIV cases were spread through heterosexual intercourse.
"This particular demographic is especially vulnerable to infection because they tend to have fewer opportunities of being exposed to accurate information about HIV/Aids and STIs, as well as information about condom usage and regular health screening," said Mr Lee.
To better reach Hokkien-speaking men, Afa will set up a getai-style (or song stage) performance in Geylang to coincide with the Hungry Ghost Festival. It also wants to rope in more nightspots so that safe-sex materials such as flyers, posters and condoms can be made available to their patrons.
Commenting on the Government's plan to explore an opt-out scheme for HIV-testing for males admitted to hospitals here, Mr Lee said that while Afa is "generally supportive" of more widespread testing, it hopes the communication process will be clear.
"Testing in medical settings must therefore have an opt-out clause that is made clear to all patients before the test is done … in a language best understood by the patient," Mr Lee said.
And medical treatment must not be compromised or delayed if the patient decides to opt out, he added.
--- KatoeyNewsNetwork

AfA_hmor
19-08-2007, 10:20 PM
that's actually from Weekend TODAY, not The New Paper.
And here's the mascot for the 'I am Responsible' Campaign for heterosexual men.

http://i207.photobucket.com/albums/bb292/xavwg/captaincondom.jpg

notsonewbird
24-08-2007, 11:06 AM
i think this part of broad campaign before IR opens.
one part is more direct: help for problem-gambling.
the sex industries less direct. gov planned ahead. later we will see PRC legalised. (see my other posts at GL section) to provide more supply to meet the demand. i they can target the illegal mafu more as i think it is bad for crime to get organised and syndicated. i am, however not against FLs. i hope garmen can copy australia or some EU countries who educate WL on they practice and their rights.

HIV or other STDs cannot be 100% one, our garmen doing good job to reduce chance, hope they do better job.